PDA

View Full Version : RINO ALERT!!!!!!

okie52
6/13/2013, 02:46 PM
Senate roll vote on border security amendment
By The Associated Press,
Published 8:12 am, Thursday, June 13, 2013

The 57-43 roll call Thursday by which the Senate killed an amendment by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, to the immigration bill. The amendment would have required the U.S.-Mexico border to be under control for six months before any immigrant here illegally could obtain legal status.

A "yes" vote is a vote to table the amendment.

Voting yes were 50 Democrats, 5 Republicans and 2 independents.

Voting no were 2 Democrats and 41 Republicans.

Democrats Yes

Baldwin, Wis.; Baucus, Mont.; Begich, Alaska; Bennet, Colo.; Blumenthal, Conn.; Boxer, Calif.; Brown, Ohio; Cantwell, Wash.; Cardin, Md.; Carper, Del.; Casey, Pa.; Coons, Del.; Cowan, Mass.; Donnelly, Ind.; Durbin, Ill.; Feinstein, Calif.; Franken, Minn.; Gillibrand, N.Y.; Hagan, N.C.; Harkin, Iowa; Heinrich, N.M.; Heitkamp, N.D.; Hirono, Hawaii; Johnson, S.D.; Kaine, Va.; Klobuchar, Minn.; Landrieu, La.; Leahy, Vt.; Levin, Mich.; McCaskill, Mo.; Menendez, N.J.; Merkley, Ore.; Mikulski, Md.; Murphy, Conn.; Murray, Wash.; Nelson, Fla.; Reed, R.I.; Reid, Nev.; Rockefeller, W.V.; Schatz, Hawaii; Schumer, N.Y.; Shaheen, N.H.; Stabenow, Mich.; Tester, Mont.; Udall, Colo.; Udall, N.M.; Warner, Va.; Warren, Mass.; Whitehouse, R.I.; Wyden, Ore.

Democrats No

Manchin, W.V.; Pryor, Ark.

Republicans Yes

Flake, Ariz.; Graham, S.C.; McCain, Ariz.; Murkowski, Alaska; Rubio, Fla.

Republicans No

Alexander, Tenn.; Ayotte, N.H.; Barrasso, Wyo.; Blunt, Mo.; Boozman, Ark.; Burr, N.C.; Chambliss, Ga.; Chiesa, N.J.; Coats, Ind.; Coburn, Okla.; Cochran, Miss.; Collins, Maine; Corker, Tenn.; Cornyn, Texas; Crapo, Idaho; Cruz, Texas; Enzi, Wyo.; Fischer, Neb.; Grassley, Iowa; Hatch, Utah; Heller, Nev.; Hoeven, N.D.; Inhofe, Okla.; Isakson, Ga.; Johanns, Neb.; Johnson, Wis.; Kirk, Ill.; Lee, Utah; McConnell, Ky.; Moran, Kan.; Paul, Ky.; Portman, Ohio; Risch, Idaho; Roberts, Kan.; Scott, S.C.; Sessions, Ala.; Shelby, Ala.; Thune, S.D.; Toomey, Pa.; Vitter, La.; Wicker, Miss.

Independents Yes

King, Maine; Sanders, Vt.

4 of the 5 pubs that voted against the border security amendment are members of the Gang of Eight. It appears they are an island within the party. Hopefully they will soon be gone.

sappstuf
6/13/2013, 03:04 PM
Never just a guy named Flake...

FaninAma
6/13/2013, 03:06 PM
Rubio is massacring his presidential hopes by aligning himself with McCain and Graham.

SoonerorLater
6/13/2013, 03:10 PM
Maybe it's just a quaint old-fashioned notion on my part but aren't these guys supposed to uphold the law?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/13/2013, 03:17 PM
Rubio is massacring his presidential hopes by aligning himself with McCain and Graham.If he keeps up the crap voting, he could get beaten in his next run for anything, Senate included.

6/13/2013, 03:19 PM
Maybe it's just a quaint old-fashioned notion on my part but aren't these guys supposed to uphold the law?There's not any good reasons for any of them to vote for amnesty. Especially stupid for the repubs to assign themselves to permanent minority status.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/13/2013, 03:23 PM
Maybe it's just a quaint old-fashioned notion on my part but aren't these guys supposed to uphold the law?

I bet they'd vote to repeal prohibition too, even though liquor was illegal.

FaninAma
6/13/2013, 03:27 PM
And your point is?

okie52
6/13/2013, 03:29 PM
And your point is?

I want my relatives here no matter what the laws are.

okie52
6/13/2013, 03:31 PM
Rubio is massacring his presidential hopes by aligning himself with McCain and Graham.

Rubio has been trying to walk a tight rope as a "real Conservative" and supporting amnesty. He has even indicated that he would walk away from this bill if border security wasn't improved by further amending the bill...

Evidently not...

FaninAma
6/13/2013, 03:39 PM
Hispanics who are in this country and support more immigration from Mexico and other Latin American countries are idiots. Whose jobs do they think these immigrants will be going after. Or maybe it's really not the jobs they're coming here for.

okie52
6/13/2013, 03:39 PM
Never just a guy named Flake...

He's living up to his name.

6/13/2013, 03:45 PM
He's living up to his name.AZ has an R governor as flaky as our Senators. These are the type of R's that need to be defeated in the primaries. (Too bad the D's that oppose them in the general elections are complete marxists, with all the shenanigans and outright illegalities that accompany their philosophy)

okie52
6/13/2013, 03:48 PM
AZ has an R governor as flaky as our Senators. These are the type of R's that need to be defeated in the primaries. (Too bad the D's that oppose them in the general elections are complete marxists, with all the shenanigans and outright illegalities that accompany their philosophy)

I don't know about brewer on other issues but on immigration she seemed pretty good.

6/13/2013, 03:57 PM
I don't know about brewer on other issues but on immigration she seemed pretty good.She's behind some new impetus supporting Obamacare. She's like the other flaky RINOS I mentioned, in that she's conservative on some things, but not solidly. Much better than democrats, but still not completely willing to do political combat, or just philosophically or otherwise wrong on some things.

cleller
6/13/2013, 05:47 PM
Could it just be the "if you can't beat 'em..." dictum?

olevetonahill
6/13/2013, 06:01 PM
I want my wives relatives here no matter what the laws are.

FIFY fer accuracy.

SoonerorLater
6/13/2013, 06:05 PM

Then I think everybody should be forgiven of all the laws they don't want to follow. There are some I just don't care for and just don't seem like a good fit for me personally.

6/13/2013, 06:12 PM
Those silly laws are living, breathing documents, with no real reasons to be steadfast nor immutable. Heck, as a member of the world community, I can choose to not follow any national or local laws, ain't that right?

Change em, schmange em...ef em!