PDA

View Full Version : OU Running Back Recruit Joe Mixon - 5star Rivals Challenge

MojoRisen
6/13/2013, 02:25 PM
Sounds like Joe Mixon is a big AD fan and likes OU. He recently was at the Rivals 5 star challenge in Chicago and really was lights out. I watched a clip on Rivals and he reminded me of Demarco Murray out of highschool only a better reciever. He was exceptional running routes and catching everything thrown his way. He would fit perfectly in our system, like Demarco did tearing it up in 2008 prior to getting injured making people look stupid on basic swing passes. Hope we land em, anyone got any inside information on where we stand with this guy?

SOONERMANN13
6/13/2013, 02:47 PM
he also mentioned something about a "package deal" with some others from that event. don't know if that's true or not or even how that would sway him.

picasso
6/13/2013, 05:53 PM
DM may not have gotten enough passes in high school. That dude was a great receiver.

8timechamps
6/13/2013, 09:26 PM
Sounds like Joe Mixon is a big AD fan and likes OU. He recently was at the Rivals 5 star challenge in Chicago and really was lights out. I watched a clip on Rivals and he reminded me of Demarco Murray out of highschool only a better reciever. He was exceptional running routes and catching everything thrown his way. He would fit perfectly in our system, like Demarco did tearing it up in 2008 prior to getting injured making people look stupid on basic swing passes. Hope we land em, anyone got any inside information on where we stand with this guy?

The good news is that OU is in the hunt for Mixon. The bad news is that he has offers from just about everyone in the country.

Honestly, Mixon was a "fall back" offer. Originally, the Sooners were looking at two backs: Perine (who has committed), and Las Vegas Gorman's Nathan Starks. Since Starks status is currently unknown (he was dismissed from school, and it's not even clear if he still holds an offer from OU), the recruiting of Mixon has picked up steam. Right now, I'd say USC is in the lead for Mixon, and I think a lot of how the Sooners continue to recruit him depends on the status of Starks (and I'm sure they are in communication with him). While it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at OU, USC is the team to beat.

The dude is a beast though.