PDA

View Full Version : Heres a SAD story about a Young mother in Poverty

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 01:04 PM
Like I said she's so poverty stricken shes fatter than a town dog.:highly_amused:

http://news.yahoo.com/nations-breadbasket-latinos-stuck-poverty-120309988.html

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 01:10 PM
Heres a Family in Mexico in REAL poverty
http://www.instablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/povertyboxhouse_qNWoD_18311.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
6/9/2013, 01:12 PM
I'm all for free busing back to the border for these folks.

cleller
6/9/2013, 01:40 PM
Seven kids, no husband around. Maybe its Catholicism or something, but having children without the means to support them seems to be the core problem.

She's also got an 18 year old son with a 3 year old. The cycle continues. Pretty soon there will be a story about the girl with a bunch of kids he's abandoned.

8timechamps
6/9/2013, 01:51 PM
I stopped reading after "Mother of seven".

It's a vagina, not a clown car!

SoonerInFortSmith
6/9/2013, 02:09 PM
Heres a Family in Mexico in REAL poverty
http://www.instablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/povertyboxhouse_qNWoD_18311.jpg

That's middle class in Mexico, Vet.

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 02:19 PM
That's middle class in Mexico, Vet.

HeH
They come here to escape that **** then Bitch cause they dont drive a Mercedes

SoonerStormchaser
6/9/2013, 02:22 PM

In the absence nowadays of self-control, mandatory sterilization doesn't sound like a bad idea, does it?

yermom
6/9/2013, 02:39 PM

[Chris Rock]put the dick down![/Chris Rock]

yermom
6/9/2013, 02:43 PM
from the other side though. if there was some sort of support structure for her, she could get medical attention and be back at work

this story wouldn't be that much different if she was an American citizen working a part time job with no benefits.

what is so terrible about someone that wants to actually work?

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 02:45 PM
from the other side though. if there was some sort of support structure for her, she could get medical attention and be back at work

this story wouldn't be that much different if she was an American citizen working a part time job with no benefits.

what is so terrible about someone that wants to actually work?

Commentin on the POVERTY not the work deal.
Showing how shes Much better off here than those she left behind.

yermom
6/9/2013, 02:48 PM
that's a fair point. although, medicine in Mexico is probably more available than here.

okiewaker
6/9/2013, 03:00 PM
They make their bed,,lay in it,,then bitch cause society isn't helping. Let'em starve,,they are her responsibility,,,iDGAS to honest. It's better to let those folks fall through the cracks then to bring down the rest.

8timechamps
6/9/2013, 06:36 PM
that's a fair point. although, medicine in Mexico is probably more available than here.

I hear things like this a lot, and I have no idea how readily available medical care is in Mexico, but I'm pretty sure you could walk into any ER in this country and get emergency treatment. Of course that's what is wrong with our current system.

8timechamps
6/9/2013, 06:37 PM
In the absence nowadays of self-control, mandatory sterilization doesn't sound like a bad idea, does it?

I can't buy into mandatory anything when it comes to our bodies, but there damn sure has to be a better mousetrap. Not having unprotected sex is a good start.

yermom
6/9/2013, 06:44 PM
I here things like this a lot, and I have no idea how readily available medical care is in Mexico, but I'm pretty sure you could walk into any ER in this country and get emergency treatment. Of course that's what is wrong with our current system.

they didn't really say what was wrong with her, but if it's not life-threatening, the ER may or may not have been able to help

looks like she'd probably have coverage in Mexico:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/mexico-universal-health/

8timechamps
6/9/2013, 07:33 PM
they didn't really say what was wrong with her, but if it's not life-threatening, the ER may or may not have been able to help

looks like she'd probably have coverage in Mexico:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/mexico-universal-health/

It truly is a cyclical issue. She can't afford medical coverage, so she avoids the doctor, gets sick and the system will eventually have to pay for her health care.

This is beside the point, but can you imagine how bad life must suck in Mexico if one sneaks into the US to work in an asparagus field?

yermom
6/9/2013, 07:35 PM
i'm guessing they don't pay their asparagus pickers nearly as much.

Soonerfan88
6/9/2013, 08:02 PM
It's California so I'm willing to bet there are free clinics in the area who don't ask for ID.

She's here illegally. She dropped out of high school to get married, but according to the article, soon separated. Yet somehow she has had seven kids. Her oldest kid, anchor baby citizen, managed to get his HS diploma but dropped out of vo-tech and can't keep a job. He also has a 3 yr old he can't support. This sounds like willful poverty and the family gets no sympathy from me.

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 08:04 PM
It's California so I'm willing to bet there are free clinics in the area who don't ask for ID.

She's here illegally. She dropped out of high school to get married, but according to the article, soon separated. Yet somehow she has had seven kids. Her oldest kid, anchor baby citizen, managed to get his HS diploma but dropped out of vo-tech and can't keep a job. He also has a 3 yr old he can't support. This sounds like willful poverty and the family gets no sympathy from me.

Plus shes Still FATTER than a Town dog.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/9/2013, 09:02 PM
Probably would have played out better had her parents been legal guest workers , working march to November in the u.s., and spent the off season in Mexico

olevetonahill
6/9/2013, 09:23 PM
Probably would have played out better had her parents been legal guest workers , working march to November in the u.s., and spent the off season in Mexico

But jaun, Shes here Illegally, had a full litter of pups and is crying about being being in poverty. WTF? hell shes still 1000 times better off than those in REAL poverty in Mexico,