PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Blitz ranking the big 12 football coaches

Mazeppa
6/7/2013, 11:25 PM
http://saturdayblitz.com/2013/06/07/big-12-preview-ranking-the-coaches/

agoo758
6/7/2013, 11:52 PM
It says that Bob Stoops has been to the National Championship twice........ oh boy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/8/2013, 12:27 AM
It says that Bob Stoops has been to the National Championship twice........ oh boy.Stupid or negligent. At least they ranked him #1 in conference.

SoonerMarkVA
6/8/2013, 02:10 PM
I won't quibble overall, but I can't imagine any list of XII coaches with Weis anywhere but firmly rooted at #10. Put a bobble-head doll in at TT and I still put it over Weis.

Mazeppa
6/8/2013, 07:11 PM
And it didn't say anything about him being the only coach to coach in all of the bcs bowl games.

Eielson
6/8/2013, 08:43 PM
I'd put AT LEAST Art Briles above Mack. Maybe more. Pretty solid list overall.

King Crimson
6/9/2013, 11:24 AM
mack should be way way way higher....:devilish:

IronHorseSooner
6/9/2013, 04:46 PM
Without a doubt, it is Stoops and the Evil Genius, and then everyone else. 1 BCS Title, 4 Nat'l Title appearances, 2 Heisman winners and 2 runners-up, 8 Conference Titles, appeared in all 5 BCS Bowls (IIRC he is the only coach to do that), multiple AAs and national award winners, and he is either #1 or #2 in total weeks at #1 for active coaches. Yeah, he is the best. However, you cannot discount what happened in Manhattan, KS. For those of you who are under 30, KSTATE was as bad or worse than teams like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Colorado, or most Sunbelt teams. They were God-awful, and that is an understatement. Give Snyder Texas's talent, and he has multiple National Titles. Mack Brown is a joke. If it weren't for Fumbles McScramble, Colt, and favorable officiating, he would be even lower on the list. When you have that talent, money, and officiating, and you can't win the conference more than he has, then why is he still there?

yermom
6/9/2013, 07:05 PM
Dan Holgorsen?

SicEmBaylor
6/9/2013, 07:14 PM
I agree with that list although I'd flip Mack and Briles. Mack is not a coach; Mack is a CEO. Mack has won and benefited from the fact that Texas is a big-name brand that attracts big-name talent. Mack is a delegater.

Briles is like the polar opposite. Briles is an offensive guru who has been fine tuning every aspect of his system all the way from high school to college. Briles is involved in the development of every aspect of Baylor football with the possible exception of the defense. He's won everywhere at every level, and he's winning at a school that was so moribund that many analysts thought we should abandon playing football entirely. He came to a program that was really no better than glorified tackle dummies.

Mack is nothing more than a yellow-toothed clapping con artist who is raking in the money from UT in exchange for under-performing and sub-par teams.