PDA

View Full Version : Miami QB recruit Kevin Olsen charged after auto accident

Mazeppa
6/6/2013, 09:39 PM
FOX SPORTS FLORIDA**|
**Published: Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 12:47pm

Dyron Dye says that an NCAA investigator threatened his eligibility if Dye did not cooperate fully.

University of Miami recruit Kevin Olsen recently was charged with leaving the scene of an accident in his hometown of Wayne, N.J., WaynePatch.com reported.

Olsen, a highly recruited quarterback, ran his car into another vehicle, according to court records. He also was charged with failure to report an accident and careless driving after the May 25 incident, the report said. He’s scheduled to appear in court June 20. Olsen faces fines of up to $400 and up to 30 days in jail, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

A witness said Olsen crashed his black sport utility vehicle into a tree and drove away. Police said Olsen then struck a parked vehicle and walked away. The police report added Olsen’s face appeared to be bloodied and he “appeared to be under the influence of something.”

Olsen’s license was found near the accident scene the following day, according to the report.

"I'm confident, after having spoken with Kevin and ... looking at the facts of the case, this will be a non-issue moving forward," Miami coach Al Golden said Wednesday on local radio, the Sun-Sentinel reported.
Olsen is the younger brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, who also attended Miami.

I'm sure this is a non-issue in Miami, but probably would be anywhere else.

Soonerfan88
6/6/2013, 10:01 PM
Surprised he isn't a Texas recruit with that kind of activity.

yermom
6/6/2013, 11:56 PM
leaving the scene is probably better than DUI :eek:

8timechamps
6/7/2013, 12:24 AM
"I'm confident, after having spoken with Kevin and ... looking at the facts of the case, this will be a non-issue moving forward," Miami coach Al Golden said Wednesday

Does anyone know how to get to Google Translate and translate this from Complete BS to English?

VA Sooner
6/9/2013, 05:21 PM
Agree... lesser charge I suspect. Can't prove anything else.