PDA

View Full Version : MLB draft important to OU football

Collier11
6/6/2013, 06:59 PM
Dont forget, Cody Thomas has a chance to be drafted high tonight. Word is he will go to OU regardless but if he gets picked high enough to get a huge bonus, you never know

8timechamps
6/6/2013, 08:27 PM
Gray to the Rockies!!! Sweet!

I think a lot will ride on where Cody is taken. If he has the opportunity to sign a big contract, I'm not sure he passes that up. On the other hand, he doesn't look to be in the top 100 prospects, so he may pass on the MLB.

We'll know soon enough.

Soonerfan88
6/6/2013, 09:15 PM
Since he's not a pitcher, doesn't that lower his draft position some out of HS?

Collier11
6/6/2013, 09:23 PM
Not necessarily, I think teams want to draft him as a pitcher and he doesn't want to pitch, or the other way around. I don't remember

badger
6/7/2013, 08:16 AM
Gray to the Rockies!!! Sweet!

I think a lot will ride on where Cody is taken. If he has the opportunity to sign a big contract, I'm not sure he passes that up. On the other hand, he doesn't look to be in the top 100 prospects, so he may pass on the MLB.

We'll know soon enough.

Guess who the Rockies' AA affiliate is?

Tulsa > your hometown :D

8timechamps
6/7/2013, 05:59 PM
Guess who the Rockies' AA affiliate is?

Tulsa > your hometown :D

Oh, I know. My kid loves the Drillers because A)they're the Rockies AA team, and B)Tulsa is in Oklahoma.

Ruf/Nek7
6/7/2013, 07:01 PM
Apparently he and his family have decided that if he was not drafted on Thursday, he would go to OU. He didn't get drafted and Soonerscoop is reporting that he will be headed to Norman soon to get his physical done and prepare for the coming Fall.

Collier11
6/7/2013, 07:20 PM
From what I saw, he hadn't been drafted as of pick #250, I think he allegiance to OU scared teams off. Good for our football and baseball teams. Word is he can start as a Fresh in baseball

8timechamps
6/7/2013, 09:23 PM
From what I saw, he hadn't been drafted as of pick #250, I think he allegiance to OU scared teams off. Good for our football and baseball teams. Word is he can start as a Fresh in baseball

I'm thinking the same thing, it's hard for teams to commit a pick/contract to a mid round guy that may not even show up. Also, a lot of teams wanted him at pitcher, and he made it clear early on that he would not pitch.

Like you said, great news for both the baseball and football programs.

Collier11
6/7/2013, 09:26 PM
Funny to say, but if Stoops can get us back to a Top 5 level team like we expect, all of our major sports will be rocking and rolling...Mens hoops, Baseball, womens hoops, softball, all doing great and trending up

8timechamps
6/7/2013, 09:34 PM
Funny to say, but if Stoops can get us back to a Top 5 level team like we expect, all of our major sports will be rocking and rolling...Mens hoops, Baseball, womens hoops, softball, all doing great and trending up

Well, the last time we won the softball national title was in 2000, if Stoops can replicate what the team did later that year, we'd all be pretty happy.

Collier11
6/7/2013, 11:11 PM
If we replicate 2000, ill let you kick me in the back of the head no problem, ill even kneel down