PDA

View Full Version : IRS is the new N-Word

sappstuf
6/6/2013, 04:27 AM
Shameful that this guy is on TV at all and not operating out of his mom's basement.

N7s4_Fw65Ps

How did MSNBC go downhill after Olbermann left? No wonder MSNBC's rating have gone down 10% since last year...

I need an answer from the Dems on this board. Is there any criticism that can be made of Obama that can't be tied back to race?

olevetonahill
6/6/2013, 07:37 AM
If you're not slobbering on his monkey shlong then you are a racist.

TAFBSooner
6/6/2013, 08:09 AM
If you're not slobbering on his monkey shlong then you are a racist.

Throwing in "monkey" makes that a racist statement.

olevetonahill
6/6/2013, 08:15 AM
Throwing in "monkey" makes that a racist statement.

Naw, Yer shatin me right?

TAFBSooner
6/6/2013, 08:21 AM
Shameful that this guy is on TV at all and not operating out of his mom's basement.

N7s4_Fw65Ps

How did MSNBC go downhill after Olbermann left? No wonder MSNBC's rating have gone down 10% since last year...

I need an answer from the Dems on this board. Is there any criticism that can be made of Obama that can't be tied back to race?

I'm a liberal who usually votes Democratic, so I'll throw in an answer.

Politicians and PR flacks can connect any two random items.

There's a lot to dislike about Obama, but being half-black isn't one of them.

As for the latest IRS dealio, targeting of conservative groups is one of those things to dislike about Obama. IRS employees going on junkets isn't - government bureaucracies have done that for decades.

KantoSooner
6/6/2013, 08:55 AM
A brief scan of this and other boards reveals 'Obammy', references to FLOTUS as 'Aunt Jemima', continued spurious doubts as Obama being a 'real' American, spurring the dead pony of Obama actually being a Kenyan revolutionary bent on destruction of the white world on so forth and so on.
Whether the comments in question had anything at all to do with racism, racist attitudes or were otherwise motivated by race they are evidence that race has colored a lot of the criticism of Obama. It's the classic argumentum ad hominen (sp?) trap: by arguing against the person rather than against their opinion, you end up weakening your own position. Obama's got plenty to argue against in his positions nad philosophies. A certain section of the conservative opposition has pretty much destroyed their own position by tainting it with race baiting.

TAFBSooner
6/6/2013, 09:17 AM
A brief scan of this and other boards reveals 'Obammy', references to FLOTUS as 'Aunt Jemima', continued spurious doubts as Obama being a 'real' American, spurring the dead pony of Obama actually being a Kenyan revolutionary bent on destruction of the white world on so forth and so on.
Whether the comments in question had anything at all to do with racism, racist attitudes or were otherwise motivated by race they are evidence that race has colored a lot of the criticism of Obama. It's the classic argumentum ad hominen (sp?) trap: by arguing against the person rather than against their opinion, you end up weakening your own position. Obama's got plenty to argue against in his positions nad philosophies. A certain section of the conservative opposition has pretty much destroyed their own position by tainting it with race baiting.

Before Obama's election, racists knew better than to spout in public (knew their place??!!). Silly me thought America had come a long way toward outgrowing racism.

C'mon guys, it's still 43.5 to 0.5!

IGotNoTiming
6/6/2013, 09:19 AM
MSNBC has always sucked.....

Oklahoma is generally rascist like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, or even East Texas kinda racist...

Dont get me wrong... Oklahoma is OK but it is one of the areas of the country where you can still get away with saying something racist and a gomer or two will chuckle along with it....

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2013, 09:24 AM

Oklahoma is generally rascist like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, or even East Texas kinda racist...

Dont get me wrong... Oklahoma is OK but it is one of the areas of the country where you can still get away with saying something racist and a gomer or two will chuckle along with it....

Kinda like 95% of the state you reside...

IGotNoTiming
6/6/2013, 09:29 AM
Exactly I included it....

I should have added the rest of the state as well but you see overt racism in the rural areas of all states.

I am corrected...

rock on sooner
6/6/2013, 09:48 AM

It's not restricted to south of the Mason Dixon line. I have heard
hard core Pubs in IA, IL, MN, WI getting on the racist bandwagon.

IGotNoTiming
6/6/2013, 09:59 AM

It is everywhere....it is definitely not just an American thing either.... however I will stand by my experience that it tends to be more out in the open in rural areas..... and yes the states that I listed tend to be more brash and more open about it than others I have spent time in.

You also cannot debate that MOST of the brutal racist crimes that have taken place in our country HAVE been in the south of the Mason Dixon Line. And yes there is a connection

okie52
6/6/2013, 10:10 AM

Some people even stoop to using "Hussein"...

Soonerjeepman
6/6/2013, 10:18 AM
Some people even stoop to using "Hussein"...

lol...EXACTLY...

I could care less what race he is...I would have voted for JC Watts..(granted I didn't know his exact philosophically ideals but race has nothing to do with obama) nor does sex..Clinton, I don't believe in their IDEALS.

People fall back on the race card when they got nothing else...

IGotNoTiming
6/6/2013, 10:32 AM
People fall back on the race card when they got nothing else...

all white people say that.....

Both of these statements are gross generalizations

sappstuf
6/6/2013, 11:01 AM
He said... The sheriff is an IRS agent!

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2013, 11:07 AM
"The sheriff is near!?!"

Lott's Bandana
6/6/2013, 11:17 AM
Ignore the fact that it happened and focus on how it is being verbalized.

IDGAS if the president knew about it, the IRS targeting ANYONE is some scary sh!t right there.

That's right, I said it: IRS IRS IRS!

diverdog
6/6/2013, 11:46 AM
I think a reasonable solution is to appoint a special prosecutor and get the politics out of it. Fred Thompson would be a good choice.

rock on sooner
6/6/2013, 11:53 AM
I think a reasonable solution is to appoint a special prosecutor and get the politics out of it. Fred Thompson would be a good choice.

Naw, he's too busy selling reverse mortgages...

okie52
6/6/2013, 12:09 PM
Conservatives have mastered speaking in "codes" for the last 50 years. They should have made a movie about them instead of the "windtalkers".

BigTip
6/6/2013, 12:15 PM

You sir are a politicalpartyist with this statement.

I know Democrats that tell racist jokes.

BigTip
6/6/2013, 12:17 PM
That's right, I said it: IRS IRS IRS!

Shocking that there are people like you that are so blatantly governementagencyist.

olevetonahill
6/6/2013, 12:24 PM
Well I dint vote for the IRS 1/2 of Obammy and I dint vote fer the Cracker 1/2 either.

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2013, 12:41 PM
Conservatives have mastered speaking in "codes" for the last 50 years. They should have made a movie about them instead of the "windtalkers".

I knew a lib teacher in DFW (tried to, but didn't bang her) that referred to her black students, or any blacks, as #2's. She explained that the form back then at her DISD school had you check your race and it went 1. White, 2.African American and so on.

Lott's Bandana
6/6/2013, 02:20 PM
Shocking that there are people like you that are so blatantly governementagencyist.

spek.

okie52
6/6/2013, 02:23 PM
I knew a lib teacher in DFW (tried to, but didn't bang her) that referred to her black students, or any blacks, as #2's. She explained that the form back then at her DISD school had you check your race and it went 1. White, 2.African American and so on.

heh, code from a lib??? Too bad you didn't bang her though.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/6/2013, 03:39 PM

The enlightened people of lilly-white Austin love black people, as long as they aren't moving into their neighborhoods. Good thing all the Katrina refugees went to Houston.

IGotNoTiming
6/10/2013, 01:53 AM
The enlightened people of lilly-white Austin love black people, as long as they aren't moving into their neighborhoods. Good thing all the Katrina refugees went to Houston.

Can't argue with you... Been here 20 years. I am a musician for a living. I hate the race thing. If I weren't in Austin I would move to New Orleans for the music. It is one of 2 or three areas in the USA that gave birth to American music....

Bourbon St Sooner
6/10/2013, 08:35 AM
Can't argue with you... Been here 20 years. I am a musician for a living. I hate the race thing. If I weren't in Austin I would move to New Orleans for the music. It is one of 2 or three areas in the USA that gave birth to American music....

What do you play timing?

And how do you play music if you got no timing:)

IGotNoTiming
6/10/2013, 09:49 AM
What do you play timing?

And how do you play music if you got no timing:)

LOL drums.... perfect eh?