PDA

View Full Version : Low Self Esteem and Paranoia are Ugly Diseases!

tycat947
6/5/2013, 05:36 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=11626478

Why doesn't Cross Country get the coverage of Softball??? WHY? This fan base is really, really pathetic!

MsProudSooner
6/5/2013, 09:34 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=11626478

Why doesn't Cross Country get the coverage of Softball??? WHY? This fan base is really, really pathetic!

The good news is there were a few people who posted in that thread who had some common sense.

tycat947
6/5/2013, 10:29 PM
The good news is there were a few people who posted in that thread who had some common sense.

I agree. It's just shocking that any human (original poster) can be so insecure!

badger
6/6/2013, 08:17 AM
poke is a four letter word

jkjsooner
6/6/2013, 09:37 AM
The original post was definitely full of jealousy and paranoia. It does seem that many of the comments were rational so we have to give those poke fans credit.

A couple of things I read in the thread.

1. There was a comment about how OSU didn't get the coverage when they were making it to the WCWS. This really ignores the explosion in popularity of women's sports over the last 20 years. It also ignores the fact that OSU was not a strong contender for a championship 20 years ago when UCLA and Arizona dominated.

2. This comment is laughable. Seriously, this person is comparing softball to bass fishing?

Don't remember celebrations and chest thumping in the last year for equestrian, cross country and bass fishing championships

badger
6/6/2013, 09:40 AM
There was a comment about how OSU didn't get the coverage when they were making it to the WCWS. This really ignores the explosion in popularity of women's sports over the last 20 years. It also ignores the fact that OSU was not a strong contender for a championship 20 years ago when UCLA and Arizona dominated.

I don't know about you, but I am very upset that OU's 1950 national championship did not result in us being awarded a crystal football trophy, a trip to the White House, a million dollar raise for our head coach, and a stadium expansion to 100K. I mean, isn't that what they do these days when they win the football title? Hell, they didn't even televise most of our games. :mad:

:P