PDA

View Full Version : No Gas

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 03:44 PM
So, yesterday the city was mowing this alley area behind my backyard. They brought out one of those large John Deere mowers to get the job done. My gas meter happens to be back in that alley (no idea why) and the weeds were high enough that the guy didn't see the meter. Long story short, he ran right over the meter destroying it and the mower. My gas has been shut off since yesterday morning, and the gas company has been working all day putting in temporary lines in my backyard. I think they're going to have to dig up the backyard to put the permanent line in and move the meter closer to the house this time.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what the hell they're doing back there. This is horribly inconvenient though because I freak the **** out if I don't have a shower ever 8 hours or so, and I haven't had one since yesterday evening...may have to drive to my aunt's house if they don't get this **** fixed soon.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/4/2013, 03:50 PM
Give yourself a sponge bath from the sink.

Imagine you're a nurse.

Mjcpr
6/4/2013, 03:52 PM
Cold shower.

Imagine yourself with a woman.

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 03:54 PM
You're a
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/jcoops_01/Newer%20art/dirty-bird.jpg

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 03:54 PM
Cold shower.

Imagine yourself with a woman.

Dont you have to know what thats like before you can imagine it?

Breadburner
6/4/2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe your power will go out and you will get all sweaty.....!!!

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 05:42 PM
Maybe your power will go out and you will get all sweaty.....!!!

I'm no expert, but I'm reasonably sure that my electricity isn't powered by natural gas.

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 05:42 PM
It's back on. They ran a temporary gas line through my yard but it's above ground and looks kind of flimsy.

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 05:52 PM
Glad for you Sic, I know how you feel. hell if I go 8 days with out a shower I start feeling all nasty also.

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 06:02 PM
Glad for you Sic, I know how you feel. hell if I go 8 days with out a shower I start feeling all nasty also.
Scratch that. I just took a freezing cold shower because evidently they did NOT turn the gas back on. The SOB told me that I'd have hot water in 15 minutes and that was 2 1/2 hours ago when he left. MOTHER ****ER I hate cold showers.

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 06:21 PM
Thought you liked cold showers and hot drinks? or was it hot showers and cold drinks..?...awww either way it's good for your soul~

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 06:21 PM
Scratch that. I just took a freezing cold shower because evidently they did NOT turn the gas back on. The SOB told me that I'd have hot water in 15 minutes and that was 2 1/2 hours ago when he left. MOTHER ****ER I hate cold showers.

You Dumas, Did you relight the water heater?

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 06:22 PM
Vet...SHHHHH....don't help him! ;-)

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 06:24 PM
Vet...SHHHHH....don't help him! ;-)

Hell, You think that will help him? He will prolly just turn on the Light in the room .

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 06:26 PM

He was supposed to do it -- that's why he was in my garage. Even asked where it was...and yet the damned thing isn't lit. I think they either forgot or didn't turn the gas back on.

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 06:48 PM
He was supposed to do it -- that's why he was in my garage. Even asked where it was...and yet the damned thing isn't lit. I think they either forgot or didn't turn the gas back on.

How do you know it isnt lit?

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2013, 06:51 PM
How do you know it isnt lit?
Well, there is no hot water so that's one indicator. I can't hear it "firing" to heat any water up since everything in the tank is cold, and I can't hear the gas "hissing."

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 06:52 PM
Well, there is no hot water so that's one indicator. I can't hear it "firing" to heat any water up since everything in the tank is cold, and I can't hear the gas "hissing."

Then Light the dayum thing.

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 06:54 PM
Heres ya a Vid that tells ya how.

1st tho make sure the gas in ON .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdLuGKaCXI

Mjcpr
6/4/2013, 08:47 PM
Nice knowing you Sic.

picasso
6/4/2013, 10:45 PM
Sack up and take a cold one.

KantoSooner
6/5/2013, 08:29 AM
Dude, I spent two years in a Japanese bachelor dorm. Hot water from 6-10 nightly. Only. And they left the windows open in the bathroom even in winter. So just go ahead and take the cold shower, it won't kill you.

You might, though, have trouble finding your tackle for an hour or so after the experience. "Wow! It looks just a p*nis, only much smaller!"

cleller
6/5/2013, 08:34 AM
Hypothesis 1: Worker installs temp line, then doesn't actually light pilot.

Hypothesis 2: Worker installs temp line, lights pilot which is then blow out our by some air that has gotten into the system.

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 08:35 AM
Dude, I spent two years in a Japanese bachelor dorm. Hot water from 6-10 nightly. Only. And they left the windows open in the bathroom even in winter. So just go ahead and take the cold shower, it won't kill you.

You might, though, have trouble finding your tackle for an hour or so after the experience.
"Wow! It looks just a p*nis, only much smaller!"

Hell he says that NOW

diverdog
6/5/2013, 10:43 AM

That was my very first thought. Lol

rock on sooner
6/5/2013, 11:42 AM
This thread is laugh out loud funny!

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 11:58 AM
This thread is laugh out loud funny!

This is Not near as funny as some of the carp that boy has gotten into. Brides Maid , Going west for hours when he shoulda been goin east, A biker (Real) thumpin his head. Hell we need an archive of Sic em threads alone

rock on sooner
6/5/2013, 12:06 PM
Welp, it does make one wonder about how he made it to
adulthood...jus readin this thread....

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 12:27 PM

Your assuming he made it!Just because some one is 30 dont mean they are Grownup:emmersed:

FirstandGoal
6/5/2013, 12:33 PM
So um.... has anybody heard from SicEm lately?

I'm kinda getting worried now...

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 12:35 PM
So um.... has anybody heard from SicEm lately?

I'm kinda getting worried now...

I was out on the Deck and saw him Fly over with his hair on fire and smokin a cigar

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2013, 01:07 PM
Sack up and take a cold one.

You might, though, have trouble finding your tackle for an hour or so after the experience. "Wow! It looks just a p*nis, only much smaller!"

Guys, i'm going to be taking nothing but sulfur-infused cold showers from Monday-Sunday -- I want hot water right now.

Hypothesis 1: Worker installs temp line, then doesn't actually light pilot.

Hypothesis 2: Worker installs temp line, lights pilot which is then blow out our by some air that has gotten into the system.
This makes sense, but I'm fairly certainly they completely forgot to turn the gas on. Lighting the pilot light is not difficult, and I tried to do that but gas isn't even reaching the tank.

Look, I know how to light the pilot light. There is no gas getting to the tank, so evidently they forgot to turn the gas back on. I can't walk out to that temporary meter and turn the gas back on myself. A guy is coming later today.

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 02:18 PM
Guys, i'm going to be taking nothing but sulfur-infused cold showers from Monday-Sunday -- I want hot water right now.

This makes sense, but I'm fairly certainly they completely forgot to turn the gas on. Lighting the pilot light is not difficult, and I tried to do that but gas isn't even reaching the tank.

Look, I know how to light the pilot light. There is no gas getting to the tank, so evidently they forgot to turn the gas back on.
I can't walk out to that temporary meter and turn the gas back on myself. A guy is coming later today.

Why the **** not? All you do is turn that little valve. If they dint turn it on what was the "Guy" doing in yer garage? Stealing yer Moped?

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2013, 02:45 PM
Why the **** not? All you do is turn that little valve. If they dint turn it on what was the "Guy" doing in yer garage? Stealing yer Moped?

I have no idea what he was doing in my garage since he was supposed to be lighting the pilot light and obviously didn't.

In any case, the other guy just left. The gas was on, but there was some problem with the hot water tank itself. Took the guy about 15 minutes to fix it, but evidently whatever was wrong was the reason that I couldn't get the pilot light to light. I still don't have a clue in hell what the hell the other guy was doing in the garage.

KantoSooner
6/5/2013, 02:46 PM
Guys, i'm going to be taking nothing but sulfur-infused cold showers from Monday-Sunday -- I want hot water right now..

You should follow Schwarzenegger's lead and start weekly cold coffee high colonics. He claims it leaves him feeling cleansed and with a spring in his step.

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2013, 02:52 PM
Here's the temporary above-ground gas line they installed. Doesn't look entirely safe, does it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/2013-06-05144707_zps1197ab9d.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2013, 03:06 PM
Looks fine. Hence why it's temporary.

rock on sooner
6/5/2013, 03:29 PM
Looks fine. Hence why it's temporary.

And this from a guy that's got "Fireman" in his name!?:excitement:

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 03:33 PM
I have no idea what he was doing in my garage since he was supposed to be lighting the pilot light and obviously didn't.

In any case, the other guy just left. The gas was on, but there was some problem with the hot water tank itself. Took the guy about 15 minutes to fix it, but evidently whatever was wrong was the reason that I couldn't get the pilot light to light. I still don't have a clue in hell what the hell the other guy was doing in the garage.

Check and see how much of yer **** is missing.
The New dude prolly just opened the line at the heater and bled the air out of the line.

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2013, 03:41 PM
Check and see how much of yer **** is missing.
The New dude prolly just opened the line at the heater and bled the air out of the line.

Well, not that I'd ever suggest that the first dude's race is reason enough to check if anything was stolen but...yes...I need to check to see if anything was stolen. ;)

KantoSooner
6/5/2013, 03:44 PM
That line looks about as good as the temporary one that was installed from an oil lease on the back of my property to a tank battery down the road...about five years ago.

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 03:45 PM
Well, not that I'd ever suggest that the first dude's race is reason enough to check if anything was stolen but...yes...I need to check to see if anything was stolen. ;)

Why? was he a Lawyer?

rock on sooner
6/6/2013, 10:51 AM
Welp, what's the verdict? Anything missing? Dust for prints,
don't lawyers have their prints on file?:playful:

BigTip
6/6/2013, 12:04 PM
Do you have a gas stove? That would be an easy place to check if your gas is on.