PDA

View Full Version : Women's Softball team ---AWESOME!!!!

PrideMom
6/4/2013, 09:33 AM
I know this is the football page, but if you did not see last night's game, you really missed something. My husband turned the game off after Tennessee got three runs at the top of the 11 inning, but OU came back and tied it. Then in the next inning, Turang hit a double, and then Chamberlain hit a home run. Final score in 12 innings: 5-3.
I watched it all!!!

BOOMER! SOONER! GO, OU!!!!

MojoRisen
6/4/2013, 09:39 AM
True Sooner Magic, it was all but over after the 3 run homer by Tenn... Then the magic kicked in on hyper gear! Fun to watch!

cherokeebrewer
6/4/2013, 09:42 AM
That was some "True Grit"...Wow! What a great game!!

badger
6/4/2013, 09:57 AM
It's football related because Bob poked at the SEC and softball is now defeating the SEC :)

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 09:57 AM
no doubt, didn't have it on TV, gametracker, but after the tenn homer I went to bed....tired and just thought, well $hit~

Got up this morning and couldn't believe it...wow. Baseball team in super regional as well....AWESOME way to start summer~~~

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 09:59 AM
It's football related because Bob poked at the SEC and softball is now defeating the SEC :)

plus more folks might actually see it on here...I just don't get the I only care about OU football thought process...yes I grew up on it, but these kids are all SOONERS.

deweydw
6/4/2013, 11:51 AM
I tried to stay up. But after the 9th inning, I had to get to sleep. But sleep was restless. Kept dreaming about the final score. They are awesome. Love Turang, she is a scrappy little gal.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/4/2013, 12:16 PM
When the hounds went up 3-0 I ran an errand. Came back and it WAS TIED...OMG! I was incredulous! what a win!

Mjcpr
6/4/2013, 12:24 PM
When the hounds went up 3-0 I ran an errand. Came back and it WAS TIED...OMG! I was incredulous! what a win!

That's how you know you were excited about a sporting event, you get all incredulous and ****.

rock on sooner
6/4/2013, 12:33 PM
Welp, you know you're making inroads as a team when your story
shows up on a Sooner FOOTBALL forum! Taurang is truly lightning
in a bottle...that gal can motor! Hard to believe that Keilani was
throwing 72 mph in the 12th inning. I, too, had to go to sleep and
turned it off after TN homered. Went to Soonersports this morning
to get the final result,,,what a great surprise! Lady Sooners rock!!

PalmBeachSooner
6/4/2013, 12:44 PM
That has to be totally demoralizing for Tennessee. Not sure how they bounce back. It'll be interesting to see starts tonight for both teams after last night's marathon game.

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 12:48 PM
RLIMC, why were you incredulous? Did you want us to lose?

zeke
6/4/2013, 12:49 PM
Awesome game. These young ladies are fighters! They get a lot of praise for hitting and pitching, all very deserved, but I'm impressed with their defense as much as anything.
Lauren Chamberlain has as quick a bat as you will see. Her killer attitude at the plate is something I'd like to see from a defensive unit on the football team. You might get her here and there but she is going to win the battle.

Awesome game.
Awesome team.
Awesome athletes.

badger
6/4/2013, 01:09 PM
That has to be totally demoralizing for Tennessee.

There is very little about Tennnessee that isn't demoralizing as of late. No wonder they chant S-E-C so much. Singing "Rocky Top" all night would probably just remind them of Lane Kiffin and how he didn't beat Florida :P

tycat947
6/4/2013, 01:26 PM
There is very little about Tennnessee that isn't demoralizing as of late. No wonder they chant S-E-C so much. Singing "Rocky Top" all night would probably just remind them of Lane Kiffin and how he didn't beat Florida :P

:highly_amused::highly_amused::highly_amused:

baja okla
6/4/2013, 02:07 PM
I can't put into words how fun that game was last night. Just great to see a little Sooner Magic. Tough bunch of gals that just would not quit.

sooneron
6/4/2013, 02:20 PM
Still tired from being up late, again. Please run rule them tonight.

cvsooner
6/4/2013, 02:24 PM
Brennan Clay posted on Twitter that he thinks she's faster than at least half the football team.

achiro
6/4/2013, 02:52 PM
That has to be totally demoralizing for Tennessee. Not sure how they bounce back. It'll be interesting to see starts tonight for both teams after last night's marathon game.

When Tennessee were at bat after OU came back to tie, their body language told the tale.

HToady
6/4/2013, 03:20 PM
I'm still cheering the inside the park homerun on a bunt! Against Texas.

Haven't ever seen that!

PLaw
6/4/2013, 04:01 PM
SOONER MAGIC, baby! My faith in Sooner Magic had been seriously challenged by watching several 2nd half / 4 qtr losses. Thank you, ladies! Sooner Magic is alive and well. Bob, I hope you were taking notes. There, now it's a football thread.

BOOMER!!

deweydw
6/4/2013, 04:03 PM
Still tired from being up late, again. Please run rule them tonight.
This^^^^

8timechamps
6/4/2013, 04:16 PM
This is football related, because Austin Woods threw out the first pitch.

As mentioned earlier, Tennessee is done. They have to feel like they were kicked in the gut after last night. I typically never feel sorry for a loser in sports, especially if the team lost to OU, but I did kinda feel a little bad for their pitcher, she pitched a hell of a game. But, that only lasted a second before I started calling her a "LOSER".

Scott D
6/4/2013, 04:20 PM
Brennan Clay posted on Twitter that he thinks she's faster than at least half the football team.

eh, if you take her cut time from home to second she's not too bad. I'd put her around 4.85 in the 40.

Soonerus
6/4/2013, 04:25 PM
eh, if you take her cut time from home to second she's not too bad. I'd put her around 4.85 in the 40.

She has apparently run a 4.5...

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 05:29 PM
on top of it, I believe Austin Woods threw out the first pitch...so there IS a football connection!!! LOL

Close it out tonight!

bluedogok
6/4/2013, 05:32 PM
I would bet Turang is faster than her fiance.....there's football content.

She is also an OU soccer player.

picasso
6/4/2013, 05:54 PM
She has apparently run a 4.5...

Bull butter.

Sabanball
6/4/2013, 06:07 PM
What a finish to a great game! Congrats to your ladies. While I am a big SEC fan, I hate all things Tennessee, as most Bama fans do. In many ways, they are our Texas. I enjoyed seeing OU win.

Soonerjeepman
6/4/2013, 06:10 PM
on top of it, I believe Austin Woods threw out the first pitch...so there IS a football connection!!! LOL

Close it out tonight!

sorry 8time got it first... ;-)

Soonerfan88
6/4/2013, 06:13 PM
Her HR bunt (the greatest play ever) was basically a 5.85 - 240' in 11.7 sec - and that wasn't even a straight line. I believe she could run a 5.4 but not 4.5.

And since I'm not up on the gossip, who is her fiance?

8timechamps
6/4/2013, 07:45 PM
sorry 8time got it first... ;-)

No worries, Austin deserves the extra attention!

The Ghost of Mex
6/4/2013, 08:33 PM
This?^^^

6/4/2013, 08:53 PM
RLIMC, why were you incredulous? Did you want us to lose?Sometimes incredulous is a good thing!

Mac94
6/4/2013, 10:12 PM
National Champions!!! Congrats Sooners!!!!!!!!

bluedogok
6/4/2013, 10:39 PM
Her HR bunt (the greatest play ever) was basically a 5.85 - 240' in 11.7 sec - and that wasn't even a straight line. I believe she could run a 5.4 but not 4.5.

They mentioned it during one of the games, Tress Way.

All_Day_28
6/4/2013, 10:59 PM
I watched the entire thing and it was an absolute classic!

6/4/2013, 11:17 PM
So, looking forward to some good recruits coming in who want to play for coach Patty.

deweydw
6/5/2013, 08:04 AM
Destinee Martinez's sliding catch made #6 in ESPN Tuesday Top ten plays.

badger
6/5/2013, 08:30 AM
I liked the display so much on SS.com that I made part of it my avatar :)

Now...can the boys match the girls feat???

Mac94
6/5/2013, 10:07 AM
Now...can the boys match the girls feat???

Well ... the ESPN crew mentioned several times that OU last won it all in softball in 2000 (that's what I remember them saying anyway) ... and we all know what happened on the gridiron the following fall.

badger
6/5/2013, 10:10 AM
I was referring to our Super Regional-bound baseball team, but OK I guess this is the football board and all.

I WANT ALL OF THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS :D

Mac94
6/5/2013, 10:27 AM
Saw that the baseball team is playing LSU in the supers .... good luck to the Sooner men ... Tigers are a tough team but they can be beaten.

PrideMom
6/5/2013, 11:13 AM
If you missed the first game, ESPNU replayed it all day yesterday, they omitted several innings and went to the 11th and 12th. You MUST see the 11th inning the MAGIC of Ricketts' ball NOT being caught in a pop-up started it all! God Bless the Oklahoma wind!!! The pop-up first looked like a foul ball then it was in fair territory, weird......

TFSooner
6/5/2013, 12:36 PM
If you missed the first game, ESPNU replayed it all day yesterday, they omitted several innings and went to the 11th and 12th. You MUST see the 11th inning the MAGIC of Ricketts' ball NOT being caught in a pop-up started it all! God Bless the Oklahoma wind!!! The pop-up first looked like a foul ball then it was in fair territory, weird......

That isn't weird.... anyone who has ever played baseball/softball in the spring in Oklahoma has experienced that multiple times!! :adoration:

Mjcpr
6/5/2013, 02:20 PM
I bet the mouf cancer is rampant today after last night's celebrations.

Scott D
6/5/2013, 07:02 PM
So, looking forward to some good recruits coming in who want to play for coach Patty.

they commented earlier that the younger sister of the star freshman shortstop for Michigan has already committed to OU.

VA Sooner
6/5/2013, 07:24 PM
Sooner Magic for sure! Great game, great team.

National Champs! Go Sooners!

6/5/2013, 07:25 PM
they commented earlier that the younger sister of the star freshman shortstop for Michigan has already committed to OU.Great! Let's do it again next year!

MyT Oklahoma
6/6/2013, 01:04 AM
Congratulations and great job ladies.