PDA

View Full Version : Git yer a$$ in a shelter.....

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 07:15 PM
Watchin CNN...they're sayin git yer head down....
Pls keep yer hed down...eye on tha sky..

Safe on all ya!

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 07:20 PM
Watchin CNN...they're sayin git yer head down....
Pls keep yer hed down...eye on tha sky..

Safe on all ya!

You aint the Boss of me,
So lets see tho If I keep my Head down and Eye to the sky does that mean Im watchin thru the Brown eye?

cleller
5/31/2013, 07:21 PM
This year Mike Morgan has really adopted the "get underground orget in your car and get outta there" mantra for some of these tornadoes. While waiting for the inevitable, we are trying to come up with a way to identify such tornadoes, other than the old EF-4, etc handles.

Wife suggested G.O.D. tornado. Get Outta Dodge, but that wouldn't go over well on TV. Maybe "Get You Keys" or "Start The Car"?

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 07:24 PM
How about just calling the baduns LTL
Leave to Live

okiewaker
5/31/2013, 07:40 PM
Sirens in Norman. Shoot,,I got too much cold beer right now.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 08:02 PM
dayum when we gonna get any damage reports?

trwxxa
5/31/2013, 09:06 PM
This year Mike Morgan has really adopted the "get underground orget in your car and get outta there" mantra for some of these tornadoes. While waiting for the inevitable, we are trying to come up with a way to identify such tornadoes, other than the old EF-4, etc handles.

Wife suggested G.O.D. tornado. Get Outta Dodge, but that wouldn't go over well on TV. Maybe "Get You Keys" or "Start The Car"?

The gridlock on 35, 40 and 240 during the height of the storm was incredible and scary. I pray there are not a lot of fatalities because folks were in cars.

okiewaker
5/31/2013, 09:30 PM
Just got back. Gridlock was crazy in Norman. Ppl on 12 Ave Eastside going south toward noble made a 3 line road Lol,, those going north were reduced. I got stuck til I hit Lindsey and turned west headed toward i-35. 0 traffic,,all the way to I-35. We were safe, so I headed back to my house.

swardboy
5/31/2013, 09:36 PM
Sounds like the mother of all tornado outbreaks on the OKC metroplex tonight. Daylight will tell.

cleller
5/31/2013, 09:38 PM
The gridlock on 35, 40 and 240 during the height of the storm was incredible and scary. I pray there are not a lot of fatalities because folks were in cars.

Yeah, they even had OHP on the phone later, asking people to stay off the interstates. Someone might have a little egg on the face after all this.
When you talk about bugging out of a big city, people are gonna hit those highways.

Never seen such slow moving, constantly reforming storms hitting the same areas over and over. Exhausting.

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 09:41 PM
You aint the Boss of me,
So lets see tho If I keep my Head down and Eye to the sky does that mean Im watchin thru the Brown eye?

Welp, I aint nowhere close to tha mess, but ifn I were
and yew gave that chin music Id figger a way to put
my size 9 up yer a$$ and git yew in a hole to cover
yer azz..yew knucklehead...!

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 09:47 PM
Welp, I aint nowhere close to tha mess, but ifn I were
and yew gave that chin music Id figger a way to put
my size 9 up yer a$$ and git yew in a hole to cover
yer azz..yew knucklehead...!

Heh, That shat is way North and west of me.

bluedogok
5/31/2013, 10:10 PM
The one that came in west of OKC missed my parents by a mile or two (they are in the 16th & Meridian area), they have no power now. My sister in Bethany still has power, luckily they have no damage.

Mjcpr
6/1/2013, 12:43 AM
How did Nichols Hills fare?

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2013, 04:19 AM
So...methinks some of the injuries and congestion on the roads were Mike Moron's fault:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dX7uzdfktB4

See about 1:36 in.

This is what happens when you trust cheaters, ladies and gentlemen...

SicEmBaylor
6/1/2013, 04:41 AM
I haven't taken shelter from a storm in Oklahoma since the 80's.

FirstandGoal
6/1/2013, 09:56 AM
The sad reality is that most of us don't have a great place to hunker down if something severe comes our way. Honestly if that thing had been coming straight toward my house I would have prolly rather taken my chances out on the road versus settling for the least dangerous place in my house. Luckily for me, the turnpike runs right behind my house and I have fast and easy access to I-35 as well.

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:04 AM
The sad reality is that most of us don't have a great place to hunker down if something severe comes our way. Honestly if that thing had been coming straight toward my house I would have prolly rather taken my chances out on the road versus settling for the least dangerous place in my house. Luckily for me, the turnpike runs right behind my house and I have fast and easy access to I-35 as well.

Hon, Please just hunker down, A well built house is a far better shelter than a 1an 1/2 ton car. Hell I'd rather be in a Mobile home than a car on the road in a Nader.

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:06 AM
Read this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog/files/2013/06/elreno-300x191.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/06/01/the-night-that-should-change-tornado-actions-and-storm-chasing-forever/

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:12 AM
I'm no weather guy but it seems to me that these bigger storms
appear to suck up the stored heat from the concrete of the four
lane highways, so, with that in mind, I'd stay off highway and get
in the lowest spot I could find and ride it out....

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2013, 10:33 AM
Read this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog/files/2013/06/elreno-300x191.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/06/01/the-night-that-should-change-tornado-actions-and-storm-chasing-forever/

Read it...and I've been screaming that **** for YEARS...mostly at that ultimate chasing asshat, Reed Timmer. When I heard that some chasers had been hurt yesterday, I was actually praying it was him...because it would be poetic justice for the stupidity he has infused into the stormchasing culture because of his non-chalant attitude and quest for nothing less than the ultimate tornado footage (read: $$$$).

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:40 AM
Read it...and I've been screaming that **** for YEARS...mostly at that ultimate chasing asshat, Reed Timmer. When I heard that some chasers had been hurt yesterday, I was actually praying it was him...because it would be poetic justice for the stupidity he has infused into the stormchasing culture because of his non-chalant attitude and quest for nothing less than the ultimate tornado footage (read: $$$$).

Never heard of the dude. But I got enough ****in sense to either Hunker down in place or IF im already on the road . Go the OTHER ****ing way . Only a ****ing idiot would try to chase one of those .

BudSooner
6/1/2013, 10:48 AM
Never heard of the dude. But I got enough ****in sense to either Hunker down in place or IF im already on the road . Go the OTHER ****ing way . Only a ****ing idiot would try to chase one of those .
This is his site Vet, it should tell you all you need to know about him. The only thing that matters to him is money, no matter who gets in his way.

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:52 AM
This is his site Vet, it should tell you all you need to know about him. The only thing that matters to him is money, no matter who gets in his way.

What? No site shows

BajaOklahoma
6/1/2013, 12:01 PM
I was watching Channel 4 online last night. Mike Morgan should be shot for suggesting people get on the road when the tornado was that close - exception being a short drive to an underground shelter. But to outrun it? Crazy.
I'll be finding another online station for OKC weather info from now on.

texaspokieokie
6/1/2013, 12:49 PM
i liked the guy on tv that said (to paraphrase), we're gonna die !!! Stud weather chaser, outta his mind. The driver & the guy in
the back seat were reasonably calm. The panic guy got the big interview on Fox.

Also liked the guy in OKC sitting on his car. Fox was panicked @ a newsgirl was trying to contact 911 to save him. Water was BARELY waist deep (not even) & he just walked out. He even went the long way. There was no current. He got to be on national tv. He did, however, get his clothes a little wet.
At that time of morning Fox was desparate to show something on tv.

BudSooner
6/1/2013, 12:50 PM
What? No site showsHeh, sorry..I forgot the link.
http://www.tornadovideos.net/

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 12:51 PM
Heh, sorry..I forgot the link.
http://www.tornadovideos.net/

:sneakiness:

trwxxa
6/1/2013, 03:11 PM
I was watching Channel 4 online last night. Mike Morgan should be shot for suggesting people get on the road when the tornado was that close - exception being a short drive to an underground shelter. But to outrun it? Crazy.
I'll be finding another online station for OKC weather info from now on.

What are the chances he gets canned? It seems like he crossed the boundary between responsible and not responsible.

SicEmBaylor
6/1/2013, 03:13 PM
Tulsa weather guys>OKC weather guys

soonerboomer93
6/1/2013, 04:40 PM

You still seem to have a ton of growing up to do.

You should see the raw footage from the weather channel guys yesterday (the ones who were injured), they were unsafe, trying to race a storm.

Reed, I don't know him, but he does come across as an ***. At the same time, he's managed to acquire data of what it's like inside those storms. He's also not out there in a stock Yukon (like the weather channel guys). He's using vehicles that are designed to help keep him safe when he's inside those storms and chasing them.

SicEmBaylor
6/1/2013, 04:49 PM

So what if he's chasing for money? I don't see the problem in that. If he gets hurt then it's nobody's fault but his own, but if that's what he wants to do then who cares? He isn't hurting you, so why do you give a ****?

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 04:55 PM
So what if he's chasing for money? I don't see the problem in that. If he gets hurt then it's nobody's fault but his own, but if that's what he wants to do then who cares? He isn't hurting you, so why do you give a ****?

Just MHOP but from what hes said Proly cause of the bad influence he has had on Young Chasers who are just starting out?

cleller
6/2/2013, 09:01 AM
I've seen several stories on the gridlock caused by people trying to flee the storms. This one today:

http://news.yahoo.com/frightened-okla-residents-opt-flee-tornadoes-193124867.html

http://www.newson6.com/story/22478669/emergency-managers-warn-against-attempting-to-outrun-tornadoes

I'd like to know what kind of conversations have been happening at KFOR. Their lawyers are probably having a fit; switchboard/emails overloaded. I'd bet Mike Morgan has not enjoyed it one bit.
It will be interesting to see what he says if the situation arises again soon. I bet he's praying the storm season comes to an abrupt end.

So much for trying to think up a handle for the "get outta Dodge" tornadoes, don't think we'll be hearing that advice again.

sappstuf
6/2/2013, 10:40 AM
I just saw the story identifying which storm chasers were killed.

They were probably the most "science" based of all the teams on Storm Chasers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/02/us/midwest-weather/index.html

SoonerStormchaser
6/2/2013, 11:01 AM
Yep...an the chaser community is reeling right now. Tim was probably one of the most experienced, and nicest, chasers out there. He had a passion for the weather and was dedicated to the scientific aspect of stormchasing.

These recent events will probably spark a LOT of soul searching amongst the community.

Peeb
6/3/2013, 08:02 AM
Yep...an the chaser community is reeling right now. Tim was probably one of the most experienced, and nicest, chasers out there. He had a passion for the weather and was dedicated to the scientific aspect of stormchasing.

These recent events will probably spark a LOT of soul searching amongst the community.Guy was a hero of mine. He chased for ALL the right reasons. RIP to him, his son, and his colleague.

C&CDean
6/3/2013, 08:47 AM
It's pretty hard for me to have sympathy for folks who drive up to tornadoes. I mean I've done a lot of stupid **** in my day - even following the May, 1999 tornado through Moore - but if I died doing it I'd expect everyone to go "what a dumb****."

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2013, 09:13 AM
It's pretty hard for me to have sympathy for folks who drive up to tornadoes. I mean I've done a lot of stupid **** in my day - even following the May, 1999 tornado through Moore - but if I died doing it I'd expect everyone to go "what a dumb****."

Dean, I definitely agree. Common sense dictates, "run and hide," and chasers do the exact opposite.
However, the three that died were doing something against common sense in the effort to better the science...there are a ****ton of chasers who go against common sense cause they're complete and utter ****ing morons who only care about making more $$ getting that great up-close footage.

badger
6/3/2013, 12:49 PM

If people die doing what they love, then hopefully they die happy.

Does that sound morbid? I hope not, because I really think a lot of storm enthusiasts, professional or hobbists, love to storm chase. They love to stare at the intimidatingly dark clouds, they love to watch from a distance as wall clouds start to spin toward the surface, they love to describe the eerily green clouds that precede the most intense thunderstorms.

I, on the other hand, was probably turning pale at the thought of being stuck on a Tulsa road when the storm comes thought the area with baby baj in the backseat, so my heart rate was probably over 9,000 driving right into dark clouded I-44/U.S. 75 area. I was seriously contemplating what I would need to do with backseat baby and myself if it started to hail, if the streets flooded, if a tornado happened.

Fortunately, I beat the hail home by about 15 mins, so baby baj and I watched the heavy rain fall... and she fussed when we made her go inside when it turned to pea/dime hail.

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2013, 01:24 PM
If people die doing what they love, then hopefully they die happy.

Does that sound morbid? I hope not, because I really think a lot of storm enthusiasts, professional or hobbists, love to storm chase. They love to stare at the intimidatingly dark clouds, they love to watch from a distance as wall clouds start to spin toward the surface, they love to describe the eerily green clouds that precede the most intense thunderstorms..

Baj, that pretty much is spot on. When I'd go chasing, I absolutely loved doing it. But my chase partners and I had four main ground rules before we set out:
1. If someone needed assistance, game over. Chase ends. Render any and all assistance.
2. Never chase at night.
3. Never chase across a metropolitan area.
4. Never chase a HP Supercell.

Unfortunately, the guys killed violated my last three rules.

But doing what I love translates into what I do now as an Air Force flyboy. The caveat is that, in order to still love my job, I must come to terms with my mortality each and every time I set foot on the E-3, or else I am just kidding myself.

Peeb
6/3/2013, 06:56 PM
You would make a pretty sorry soldier.
... or fireman,
... or first responder of any kind.

Whenever the danger arises, they rush in while everybody else runs the other way. Are these guy who I consider heros just idiots to you? Or is this unique to storm scientists who are trying to gather info to increase lead times so school kids can get home before all hades breaks loose?

Just wonderin/

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 07:04 PM
... or fireman,

Whenever the danger arises, they rush in while everybody else runs the other way. Are these guy who I consider heros just idiots to you? Or is this unique to storm scientists who are trying to gather info to increase lead times so school kids can get home before all hades breaks loose?

Just wonderin/

And your Green still?

Peeb
6/3/2013, 07:24 PM
And your Green still?

C&C's post was legit for the curiosity seekers who just wanna look-see.

I'm a bit raw as I'm stinging from the loss of Tim Samaras, who was a personal hero of mine. He was NOT a fool- he was a dedicated scientist who gave his life trying to keep you and me safe.

Rant over. Sorry.

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 07:27 PM
... or fireman,

Just wonderin/

His post was legit for the curiosity seekers who just wanna look-see.

I'm a bit raw as I'm stinging from the loss of Tim Samaras, who was a personal hero of mine. He was NOT a fool- he was a dedicated scientist who gave his life trying to keep you and me safe.

Rant over. Sorry.

Dean served this Country as One of those Fools who Liked to jump out of Airplanes , Me I never liked it worth a dayum,
Yes any one who INTENTIONALLY puts their selves in Harms way Is an Idiot.
Just to get a Better shot of a Nader is Not sufficient reason to do so.

Peeb
6/3/2013, 08:00 PM
Dean served this Country as One of those Fools who Liked to jump out of Airplanes , Me I never liked it worth a dayum,
Yes any one who INTENTIONALLY puts their selves in Harms way Is an Idiot.
Just to get a Better shot of a Nader is Not sufficient reason to do so.

I'll count Dean as a hero for his service. Heck, even you Vet!

Last I knew, folks jumping out of aircraft did so as elite members of a volunteer armed forces. Ergo, he intentionally put himself in harms way when he did not have to- all to keep me safe. That is not foolish- it is heroic.

I feel the same admiration for anyone who goes something objectively crazy to keep me safe.

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 08:03 PM
I'll count Dean as a hero for his service. Heck, even you Vet!

Last I knew, folks jumping out of aircraft did so as elite members of a volunteer armed forces. Ergo, he intentionally put himself in harms way when he did not have to- all to keep me safe. That is not foolish- it is heroic.

I feel the same admiration for anyone who goes something objectively crazy to keep me safe.

I was DRAFTED, Splain that.

Peeb
6/3/2013, 08:11 PM

Ha ha! That's just plain bad luck, bro.

You're still a hero in my book!

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2013, 08:15 PM

You couldn't scrape up enough gas money for an express trip to Juarez?

Your daddy wasn't a Senator?

Canada is... well... Canada?

Peeb
6/3/2013, 08:17 PM
You couldn't scrape up enough gas money for an express trip to Juarez?

Your daddy wasn't a Senator?

Canada is... well... Canada?Feelin' a John Fogarty song comin' on!

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 08:33 PM
Ha ha! That's just plain bad luck, bro.

You're still a hero in my book!

I learned all kinda neat tricks, How to hang out of Hueys while firing a 60. How to Slide down a rope. How to Jump out of **** that really wanted Me to stay Inside, (Oh wait that was me)
How to throw Pineapples . Lots of good times

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 08:35 PM
I aint no HERO. I answered a Call, I went , I did, and I came the **** home. A lot dint.
Save your Hero shat for those who Lost moren a Year er 2 of their lives

Peeb
6/3/2013, 09:06 PM
I aint no HERO. I answered a Call,...
Not everyone did. Thank you for that.

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 09:39 PM
Not everyone did. Thank you for that.

Yea well, Go **** a sheep.http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Peeb
6/3/2013, 10:10 PM
Yea well, Go **** a sheep.http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif
Dang dirt burglar! :livid: :stunned:

Drafted? Dang, you IS an ole vet. You go to high school with Moses? :tongue:

olevetonahill
6/3/2013, 10:17 PM
Dang dirt burglar! :livid: :stunned:

Drafted? Dang, you IS an ole vet. You go to high school with Moses? :tongue:

I be a youngster yet. I be 63 next month
A lot of my friends will be forever 18

cleller
6/3/2013, 10:56 PM

Same age as my oldest brother. In 1968 or 69 he was in college, but tried to drop his deferment with the draft board, because he felt like it was a dodge. Our father had died in 1965 while in the service, leaving him the oldest of four boys to a widowed mom.

At the time one of my uncles was in Vietnam, and another worked for the "State Dept". They impressed upon him and his draft board down in Mississippi his obligations at home. It never set well with him, though.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2013, 11:24 PM
Btw, European Union issued a warning not to travel to Oklahoma.

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 03:54 AM
... or fireman,

Just wonderin/
Dean, can you call up David Earl? A shoe needs to be thrown.

And peeb, Dean was Army Airborne...which makes him more badass than anyone not wearing a green beret or named Chuck Norris or Don Cherry.

badger
6/4/2013, 08:10 AM
Btw, European Union issued a warning not to travel to Oklahoma.

yeah... our tornadoes don't like euro trash ;)

C&CDean
6/4/2013, 08:55 AM
... or fireman,

Just wonderin/

I'll give you a break. You're an aglet and you can't help it. Cool.

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 09:10 AM
I'll give you a break. You're an aglet and you can't help it. Cool.

You've gone soft in yer old age bro. But hell I dont wanta Kill anything anymore either unless I have to.:highly_amused:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/4/2013, 09:36 AM
You're all my heroes.

*swoon*

rock on sooner
6/4/2013, 09:42 AM

I keep tellin ya yer jus a pup!:highly_amused:

C&CDean
6/4/2013, 10:00 AM
You're all my heroes.

*swoon*

Says Johnny Fireman the stud flame.

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 10:20 AM
yeah... our tornadoes don't like euro trash ;)

So now what, I can't come home?

badger
6/4/2013, 10:39 AM
So now what, I can't come home?

Do you want to live in a country where the LA Kings possess the Stan Lee Cup :P

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 11:00 AM
Yah...I have no problem with that...just as long as the ****ing Blackhawks or the ****ing Penguins don't possess it this year.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/4/2013, 11:26 AM
Don Cherry is secretly mexican.

badger
6/4/2013, 11:40 AM
Yah...I have no problem with that...just as long as the ****ing Blackhawks or the ****ing Penguins don't possess it this year.

Well after last night I think Pitt Pen is about finished... but you are likely going to have to bow to the Blackhawks if you should choose to return to the States.

Hell, Obama already does...
http://i43.tinypic.com/3xzrr.png

:P

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 12:08 PM
Not after the B's take them out.

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 12:09 PM
Don Cherry is secretly mexican.

BLASPHEMY!!!

olevetonahill
6/4/2013, 12:22 PM
Don Cherry is secretly HomoSechual mexican.

FIFY.

SoonerStormchaser
6/4/2013, 12:50 PM
The Don knows where you live:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4sDK3codoaA/TTuWGcpOmhI/AAAAAAAAFNM/HB4PfIBBhYM/s1600/don+cherry.jpg

And there's this:
http://hockeygods.com/images/8156-Don_Cherry___Coach_s_Corner_Drinking_Game

This is probably one of the weirdest thread-jackings I've ever committed.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/4/2013, 03:45 PM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b487/banksjustin/cherrymexican_zps90ec0d4a.jpg

VIDEO PROOF!

Don Cherry is secretly a mexican.

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2013, 12:31 AM
Ol-eh?