PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Tom American Indians

sappstuf
5/31/2013, 02:09 PM
Uhh, wow.

Sure, there will be some Uncle Tom American Indians who will say Redskins honors them, just like there were some Uncle Tom blacks who once didn’t mind being called colored,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22321706/redskins-not-offensive-to-you-how-about-the-washington-nwords

okie52
5/31/2013, 02:19 PM
Uhh, wow.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22321706/redskins-not-offensive-to-you-how-about-the-washington-nwords

Bring back "Lil Red"!!!

KantoSooner
5/31/2013, 02:45 PM
Can we change the name of that pro team to our south to the 'Drunk White Trash' to do honor to their fan base (of whom I"m one)? Washington can have the N-words unless maybe Detroit wants it. The LA W-words would be fitting as would the Oakland Welfare Cheats. Houston can be the 'Ho's' and Seattle can have the Junkies. Etc.

This shows some real possibilities.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 03:00 PM
Can we change the name of that pro team to our south to the 'Drunk White Trash' to do honor to their fan base (of whom I"m one)? Washington can have the N-words unless maybe Detroit wants it. The LA W-words would be fitting as would the Oakland Welfare Cheats. Houston can be the 'Ho's' and Seattle can have the Junkies. Etc.

This shows some real possibilities.

Im likin yer thankin.

cleller
5/31/2013, 03:15 PM
Nawlins would be a problem. You got frenchies, inbreds, cajuns, and voodoo queens all pulling different directions.

okie52
5/31/2013, 03:23 PM
Just to be PC we may have to rename our state:

What does Oklahoma mean?

Oklahoma is based on Choctaw Indian words which translate as red people (okla meaning "people" and humma meaning "red"). Recorded history for the name "Oklahoma" began with Spanish explorer Coronado in 1541 on his quest for the "Lost City of Gold." Oklahoma became the 46th state on November 16, 1907.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 03:23 PM
Nawlins would be a problem. You got frenchies, inbreds, cajuns, and voodoo queens all pulling different directions.

Aint no Prob
They be the "New Orleans weird mother****ers"

Soonerjeepman
5/31/2013, 03:24 PM
Kansas City Crackers....that'd be cool.

Seriously, yes, I'm Eruo decent.(Germany)..I'm not German-American, I'm AMERICAN..hell bet I'm closer to being off the boat the 3/4 the "African-Americans".

I'm not "white" on the forms either...make them the same..all color words, black,red, yellow, white or all decent words..including Euro-American, if we are going by continents.

SicEmBaylor
5/31/2013, 03:29 PM
Technically, we're all from Africa. People get so f'n hung up on labels and whether they're PC or not. SJM^ is correct. If you're American then you're American. If race absolutely must be identified then just call a spade a spade. If you're black -- label yourself as such. If you're American Indian (I hate the term native-american) then label yourself as such. If you're Asian then label yourself as such, etc. etc. If you don't wish to identify yourself as one or the other then don't.

SoonerStormchaser
5/31/2013, 03:41 PM
I'm all for complete truth in renaming that team: WASHINGTON DIP****S!

SicEmBaylor
5/31/2013, 03:45 PM
I'm all for complete truth in renaming that team: WASHINGTON DIP****S!

Screw you! ;)

KantoSooner
5/31/2013, 04:42 PM
One small observation. I'm some small fraction Cherokee, but, under tribal law, I can and have claimed membership. Got my card and everything. My family participates in working the indian taco stand at the summer and fall festival thingies around here and I'm the chief fryer of scrambled eggs at the Wild Onion Dinner in the spring. (All are fundraisers, mostly for scholarships).

You want a fresh supply of drunk/lazy/crazy/adulterous indian jokes? Go into those kitchens. I've personally watched one mean old lady towel popping another and explaining that you had to whip an indian to get any damn work out of them.

I understand that it's one thing when the words are said with humor and from people of the same description than when they're used to hurt or demean; but dayum folks, we need to mellow down, they're just words.

Oh, and for the record, I'm proud to be a yankee doodle dandy, too. **** the brits.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 04:46 PM
Heh Call em the Washington Blanket asses.

okie52
5/31/2013, 04:56 PM
I deal with Choctaws/Chickasaws on a weekly basis and I am a card carrying Chickasaw. None of them have ever minded the Indian mascot names when it has come up in conversations. Most Kiowas I knew were quite proud of "Lil Red" as they usually came from their tribe. Randy Palmer was the last one until the ***** OU president banned him. Ironically Palmer was a 4 point student from Anadarko and left OU to become the "Stanford Indian" on a scholarship. The next year Stanford dropped the Indian mascot and went to "Cardinal".

SicEmBaylor
5/31/2013, 05:00 PM
One small observation. I'm some small fraction Cherokee, but, under tribal law, I can and have claimed membership. Got my card and everything. My family participates in working the indian taco stand at the summer and fall festival thingies around here and I'm the chief fryer of scrambled eggs at the Wild Onion Dinner in the spring. (All are fundraisers, mostly for scholarships).

You want a fresh supply of drunk/lazy/crazy/adulterous indian jokes? Go into those kitchens. I've personally watched one mean old lady towel popping another and explaining that you had to whip an indian to get any damn work out of them.

I understand that it's one thing when the words are said with humor and from people of the same description than when they're used to hurt or demean; but dayum folks, we need to mellow down, they're just words.

Oh, and for the record, I'm proud to be a yankee doodle dandy, too. **** the brits.

Heh, when I was in Europe I was asked a couple of times if I was a "yank" and I told them, "Hell no!"

TitoMorelli
5/31/2013, 06:04 PM
I deal with Choctaws/Chickasaws on a weekly basis and I am a card carrying Chickasaw. None of them have ever minded the Indian mascot names when it has come up in conversations. Most Kiowas I knew were quite proud of "Lil Red" as they usually came from their tribe. Randy Palmer was the last one until the ***** OU president banned him. Ironically Palmer was a 4 point student from Anadarko and left OU to become the "Stanford Indian" on a scholarship. The next year Stanford dropped the Indian mascot and went to "Cardinal".

We need to have a word concerning that damn 50-cent ante you people are making me pay for blackjack...

Turd_Ferguson
5/31/2013, 06:22 PM
I'm gonna open up a strip club next to Riverwind and call it the Slap-a-Ho Club. That should get me approved for a loan I think.

okie52
5/31/2013, 06:28 PM
We need to have a word concerning that damn 50-cent ante you people are making me pay for blackjack...

Heh..."you people"?

Hopefully that ante is going towards our Chickasaw "free healthcare"...

diverdog
5/31/2013, 11:16 PM
Uhh, wow.

Snyder ain't changing a thing.

FaninAma
6/6/2013, 02:51 PM
Calling yourself native American when you
are less than 1/8 native American is, IMO,
a scam especially when done to gain advantage
over others in employment and college opportunities.

Senator Warren should have been put in prison
instead of being elected to the Senate.

SicEmBaylor
6/6/2013, 02:57 PM

This is correct.

okie52
6/6/2013, 02:59 PM

I've been scamming my way using 1/16. Really its the Chickasaws that are paying for my scam, however, as they do give me free healthcare should I choose to use their healthcare instead of my own.

KantoSooner
6/6/2013, 03:16 PM
Hey Fanin, Would it be okay with you if the tribes themselves got to decide the criteria for being a member? Y'know, kind of like treating them as sovereign and adult and all that. Alternatively, perhaps we could farm out our immigration policies to, oh, Poland. They seem like reasonable, civic minded folk who'd keep America's best interests at heart.

Lots of us 'Blond, ScotsIrishGermanCherokees' around. Those of us who went to the trouble (minimal) of applying and following the (rather simple) rules of proving our decent from a Dawes Role member are tribal members fair and square. Sen Warren, on the other hand, took a more relaxed approach by simply declaring her decent. To my knowledge she neither applied nor can she prove any blood ties. For her or her employer to use that self declared tie to game the system is wrong.