PDA

View Full Version : Upskirt photo accusation made against reporter at Moore graduation

badger
5/30/2013, 01:43 PM
If true, this is really...really... uggggggh.

Link via News9.com (http://www.news9.com/story/22458532/reporter-for-the-oklahoman-accused-of-taking-upskirt-photo)

OKLAHOMA CITY -Oklahoma City Police arrested a man doing a report for The Oklahoman after witnesses at the Cox Convention Center accused him of taking photos up girls' dresses during the graduation ceremony for Moore's high schools.

Any other bad stories coming out of Moore that you heard? Looting? Profiteering? Non-victims pretending to be victims to get money?

Lott's Bandana
5/30/2013, 01:49 PM
TTIWWP

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 02:04 PM
No SD card, No Pics on the camera and he was arrested anyway?
And why in hell would ANYONE want a Pick from under some chicks dress? Unless they going all Commando Like Britney Spears what ya gonna see?
hell go to the Lake er a swiming pool you will see far more

KantoSooner
5/30/2013, 02:48 PM
Vet, There are guys who'll steal women's undies off of clothes lines. Some twisty little boys out there.

badger
5/30/2013, 02:57 PM
No SD card, No Pics on the camera and he was arrested anyway?

I also questioned that, but my guess is that there were multiple witnesses to the allegations, which would outnumber one guy's denial.

Also, it doesn't make sense for an SD card to get left behind if you cannot take and save photos without it.

rock on sooner
5/30/2013, 03:13 PM
Formed this opinion after looking at this guy's mug shot. Looks
like the Oklahoman needs to raise its hiring standards. I'd think
the girls' parents would watch him like a hawk!

cleller
5/30/2013, 03:44 PM
I don't get the upskirt thing, either, but I know there's lots of perv's that are into that stuff. I've never read up on the law, but it MAY be that the photos are not completely needed if it can be proved (beyond a reasonable doubt) that he was in the area with the intent to do this.

If a number of witnesses were alarmed enough by this guy's actions to hold him for police, something was up. Probably a couple teachers, etc were very sure he did what was alleged. Reliable witnesses. All you need is probable cause.

He could have easily popped that SD card out, and tossed it somewhere it was not found.

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 04:02 PM
Vet, There are guys who'll steal women's undies off of clothes lines. Some twisty little boys out there.

I'd rather Just do it the Old fashined way. Talk em out of em.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/30/2013, 08:39 PM
He's probably guilty, but not enough evidence for a conviction I would guess.

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 08:51 PM
He's probably guilty, but not enough evidence for a conviction I would guess.

Then Hes NOT guilty. Remember how this werks ? INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty?

rock on sooner
5/30/2013, 08:52 PM
I'd rather Just do it the Old fashined way. Talk em out of em.

Hmm, talk, you say? No likker? No smooth dance? No wing man
running interference? Jus talk, huh?:glee:

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 08:53 PM
Hmm, talk, you say? No likker? No smooth dance? No wing man
running interference? Jus talk, huh?:glee:

Hell If I couldnt Sweet talk em out of em in 20 minutes er so, I was off fishing again.

rock on sooner
5/30/2013, 08:58 PM
Hell If I couldnt Sweet talk em out of em in 20 minutes er so, I was off fishing again.

Prolly used a bunch of bait then.....well, wait a sec...
you wuz married three times, right? Welp, then it
werked moren once....:congratulatory:

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 09:04 PM
Prolly used a bunch of bait then.....well, wait a sec...
you wuz married three times, right? Welp, then it
werked moren once....:congratulatory:

Heh. I had a trot line out fer em

rock on sooner
5/30/2013, 09:12 PM
Heh. I had a trot line out fer em

Lessee, if I member right, ya go out and bait the fishin hole first,
then ya set out the trot line. After while, ya go pull up tha line,
be purty selective with what ya keep and let tha rest of em go...the
ole catch and release...don't wanta pi$$ off too many, since ya gotta
fish sum more later. Izzat bout right?

SanJoaquinSooner
5/30/2013, 09:35 PM
Then Hes NOT guilty. Remember how this werks ? INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty?No, there is a presumption of innocence and the evidence is considered to see if it contradicts that presumption. There may be insufficient evidence. But that doesn't mean he actually is innocent.

Guilty people are found not guilty all the time.

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 10:07 PM
No, there is a presumption of innocence and the evidence is considered to see if it contradicts that presumption. There may be insufficient evidence. But that doesn't mean he actually is innocent.

DUH- Then they AINT GUILTY!

Midtowner
5/30/2013, 10:21 PM
Then Hes NOT guilty. Remember how this werks ? INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty?

We agree on something.

Midtowner
5/30/2013, 10:22 PM

More often than that, innocent people plead guilty to avoid the consequences of being guilty.

At this time, however, he's not guilty. The state would have to file charges and prove him guilty or offer him a deal he can't refuse.

olevetonahill
5/30/2013, 10:28 PM
We agree on something.

Actually Kevin, we agree on a Lot of things. My Prob with you is your presentation

nighttrain12
5/30/2013, 11:44 PM
Gee, nothing on the NewsOK.com website about their intrepid reporter. Are they hiding the news?

Midtowner
5/31/2013, 12:23 AM
Actually Kevin, we agree on a Lot of things. My Prob with you is your presentation

And you've been a total *** to me from the get go. I'm the sort of person who gives as good as he gets. You don't think I should have to kiss your *** 'round here, do ya?

pphilfran
5/31/2013, 04:21 AM
You don't seem to be the *** kissing type...

diverdog
5/31/2013, 05:26 AM
And you've been a total *** to me from the get go. I'm the sort of person who gives as good as he gets. You don't think I should have to kiss your *** 'round here, do ya?

I am thinking the answer is probably yes. :)

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 06:43 AM

Heh, I dont care whos azz ya kiss. From the get Go you have been a Pompous overbearing spoiled acting little prick.

cleller
5/31/2013, 07:29 AM
Well, I looked up the Oklahoma peeping tom statute, which contains the pertinent elements to this offense. Here is a snippet that would likely cover the incident in question. Its 21 OS 1171. I kinda think section B is for the locker room type cameras, and C is for the type of thing being discussed here:

"B. Every person who uses photographic, electronic or video equipment in a clandestine manner for any illegal, illegitimate, prurient, lewd or lascivious purpose with the unlawful and willful intent to view, watch, gaze or look upon any person without the knowledge and consent of such person when the person viewed is in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy, or who publishes or distributes any image obtained from such act, shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a felony.

C. Every person who uses photographic, electronic or video equipment in a clandestine manner for any illegal, illegitimate, prurient, lewd or lascivious purpose with the unlawful and willful intent to view, watch, gaze or look upon any person and capture an image of a private area of a person without the knowledge and consent of such person and knowingly does so under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that the private area of the person would not be visible to the public, regardless of whether the person is in a public or private place shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor. "

So, there is some language in there that (I think) is very much in need of a judge/jury to decide. Like the interpretation of "uses", or determining intent. Witnesses would be very useful in deciding this. The fact that it is a misdemeanor for the section C violations makes the witnesses even more crucial.

Often witnesses are such good, honest, intimidated folk they'll admit something "is possible", that they know good and well did not happen.

sooner_born_1960
5/31/2013, 09:20 AM
the "and capture an image" part is going to be hard to prove without that SD card.

Midtowner
5/31/2013, 09:50 AM
Even better, the Uniform Jury Instructions:

OUJI-CR 4-136A

TAKING CLANDESTINE PHOTOS -- ELEMENTS

No person may be convicted of taking clandestine photos unless the State has proved beyond a reasonable doubt each element of the crime. These elements are:

First, using photographic/electronic/video equipment;

Second, in a clandestine manner;

Third, for a/an illegal/illegitimate/prurient/lewd/lascivious purpose;

Fourth, with the unlawful and willful intent;

Fifth, to view/watch/gaze/(look upon) another person;

Sixth, without the knowledge and consent of the other person;

Seventh, when the other person was in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy.

OR

First, publishing/distributing an image obtained from;

Second, using photographic/electronic/video equipment;

Third, in a clandestine manner;

Fourth, for a/an illegal/illegitimate/prurient/lewd/lascivious purpose;

Fifth, with the unlawful and willful intent;

Sixth, to watch/gaze/(look upon) another person;

Seventh, without the knowledge and consent of the other person;

Eighth, when the other person was in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Statutory Authority: 21 O.S. 2001, § 1171(B).

I think "capture" is going to be construed more broadly than what some are suggesting. If you get on Skype and do not record your session, your webcam is still capturing your image. If there are witnesses who saw him actually take the pictures or even just point the camera up the girls' skirts so he could look at the images, that'll be enough.

cleller
5/31/2013, 02:52 PM
Even better, the Uniform Jury Instructions:

I think "capture" is going to be construed more broadly than what some are suggesting. If you get on Skype and do not record your session, your webcam is still capturing your image. If there are witnesses who saw him actually take the pictures or even just point the camera up the girls' skirts so he could look at the images, that'll be enough.

Aha. I guess most cameras these days could be used as an impromptu monitor, to point at something, and at least convey an image you could momentarily see. Interesting.
I still think he had the card in, and managed to ditch it some way.

In the end, it'll probably get bargained out to disorderly conduct or something, once they start dangling suggestions of sex offender registrations, etc.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 03:19 PM
Aha. I guess most cameras these days could be used as an impromptu monitor, to point at something, and at least convey an image you could momentarily see. Interesting.
I still think he had the card in, and managed to ditch it some way.

In the end, it'll probably get bargained out to disorderly conduct or something, once they start dangling suggestions of sex offender registrations, etc.

None of us have a clue as to what evidence they may have to have arrested him on. But if Im that dude and they aint got squat Im fight that thing as far up the appeals courts as I can to beat it, Then Ima sue the living **** out of every one who accused me or had anything to do with charging me .

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 04:08 PM
None of us have a clue as to what evidence they may have to have arrested him on. But if Im that dude and they aint got squat Im fight that thing as far up the appeals courts as I can to beat it, Then Ima sue the living **** out of every one who accused me or had anything to do with charging me .

Wudja hire Mid?:biggrin:

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 04:09 PM
Wudja hire Mid?:biggrin:

I'd want some one with experience, maybe his dad.

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 04:10 PM
I'd want some one with experience, maybe his dad.

LMFAO....

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 04:13 PM
LMFAO....

I wernt going fer Funny I were bein serious. :tennis:

nighttrain12
5/31/2013, 11:23 PM
Here's a few more updates to the story after NewsOK.com decided to cover this situation:

http://newsok.com/reporter-for-the-oklahoman-arrested-on-assault-complaint/article/3840471

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:40 AM
I wernt going fer Funny I were bein serious. :tennis:

Came across as funny, anyway...

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:41 AM
Came across as funny, anyway...

Heh, Yet when I do put out some of my best humor . folks dont catch it.:sneakiness:

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:41 AM
Here's a few more updates to the story after NewsOK.com decided to cover this situation:

http://newsok.com/reporter-for-the-oklahoman-arrested-on-assault-complaint/article/3840471

Looks like this guy's history will cost him...

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:43 AM
Looks like this guy's history will cost him...

May his job, But if that was a deferred sentence and he had it expunged. Then it cant be brot up in any new trial .

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:43 AM
Heh, Yet when I do put out some of my best humor . folks dont catch it.:sneakiness:

Prolly cause they're jealous....:smug:

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:48 AM
May his job, But if that was a deferred sentence and he had it expunged. Then it cant be brot up in any new trial .

The fact that it is published in the paper that employs him will
make him a pariah...

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:50 AM
Prolly cause they're jealous....:smug:

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/Vet.png

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:51 AM
The fact that it is published in the paper that employs him will
make him a pariah...

Why I said it will moren likely hurt him Job wise but not in court.

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 10:53 AM
Why I said it will moren likely hurt him Job wise but not in court.

Unless some smart attorney gigs him into bringing it up...

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 10:58 AM
Unless some smart attorney gigs him into bringing it up...

There aint no such critter. Sneaky, underhanded, worthless, POS, maybe but not Smart.

rock on sooner
6/1/2013, 11:04 AM
There aint no such critter. Sneaky, underhanded, worthless, POS, maybe but not Smart.

I thot sneaky and underhanded made em smart...:sneakiness:

texaspokieokie
6/1/2013, 11:04 AM
much ado over nothing

olevetonahill
6/1/2013, 11:22 AM
I thot sneaky and underhanded made em smart...:sneakiness:

Naw, Just Snake in the grass like