PDA

View Full Version : Bob helps out anonymousy.

OUby35
5/28/2013, 02:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8sh9TbY.jpg

Our coach is a class act.

Boomer.....
5/28/2013, 02:02 PM
I read that he helped out for 30 minutes before anyone recognized him. Bob does a lot of good behind the scenes and is a class act.

OUby35
5/28/2013, 02:04 PM
Where did you read that?

Boomer.....
5/28/2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/sports/local/videos/vid_4603.shtml

picasso
5/28/2013, 04:05 PM
Anyone can donate a check. This hands-on help is what always impresses me.

Sooner70
5/28/2013, 10:18 PM
That's the way he is. He's not in it for the pub. In fact, like this shows, he seems to avoid it. Wants to be an ordinary person. A coupla years ago Sooners Illustrated ran a story about how he worked with sick kids behind the scenes. He's done that forever. When they first approached him about doing a story, he declined because he said it wasn't about him. It was about the kids & he didn't need or want any publicity. The only way they convinced him to do the story was that they'd run the story and give all the donation info & it'd help the cause. When they pitched it that way & made it a story to enhance donations to the cause, then he did it.

nighttrain12
5/28/2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, that's the thing. Fine if he wants to do it anonymously. But doing it publicly can draw greater interest to the cause and increase donations.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, that's the thing. Fine if he wants to do it anonymously. But doing it publicly can draw greater interest to the cause and increase donations.

Maybe he just wanted to Help with out drawing attention ?

PrideMom
5/29/2013, 09:25 AM
Bob Stoops has always had his priorities straight! That is why he has family night with his coaches, etc. Oklahoma should be very proud of the quality people we have!! Watched the people on the east coast with their hands out, instead of using them to dig in.......

Widescreen
5/29/2013, 12:20 PM
Bob's a good guy. But don't think for a second he didn't know this info would get out. He's very recognizable. He didn't do it to make himself look good but he also knows he can't do this kind of thing "anonymously" without wearing a disguise.