PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keyboard Question

MsProudSooner
5/26/2013, 11:21 AM
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that I use with my work laptop. Several months ago, the wireless mouse quit working. No big problem. I switched to a wired mouse w/ no problems. When I booted up the laptop today, I had all kinds of problems with it not accepting passwords that knew I was typing in correctly. I finally disconnected the wireless keyboard, rebooted and voila, I was able to log in successfully. Is it time to toss my wireless keyboard? I absolutely hate my laptop keyboard so using it exclusively isn't an option.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 11:28 AM
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that I use with my work laptop. Several months ago, the wireless mouse quit working. No big problem. I switched to a wired mouse w/ no problems. When I booted up the laptop today, I had all kinds of problems with it not accepting passwords that knew I was typing in correctly. I finally disconnected the wireless keyboard, rebooted and voila, I was able to log in successfully. Is it time to toss my wireless keyboard? I absolutely hate my laptop keyboard so using it exclusively isn't an option.

I'd toss it AFTER i got a new one. If rebooting it will work for a bit, Keep it as a back up.
I have a wireless mouse for mine and its started messing up, I bot a new one and kept the old one for a BU, Glad I did, The new one used 2 TripA batteries and I dint have any so I broke the old mouse out . It worked fine for a few weeks and started messin up again. Cept now I cant find the new one. So I have another one coming.

MsProudSooner
5/26/2013, 11:50 AM
I'd toss it AFTER i got a new one. If rebooting it will work for a bit, Keep it as a back up.
I have a wireless mouse for mine and its started messing up, I bot a new one and kept the old one for a BU, Glad I did, The new one used 2 TripA batteries and I dint have any so I broke the old mouse out . It worked fine for a few weeks and started messin up again. Cept now I cant find the new one. So I have another one coming.

That sounds eerily like something that would happen to me. I'm missing an external hard drive. I fear the cat knocked it into the trash and I didn't notice!

I connected the wireless keyboard to my personal laptop and it appears the shift key has gone haywire. I foresee a trip to Best Buy in my immediate future.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 12:20 PM
That sounds eerily like something that would happen to me. I'm missing an external hard drive. I fear the cat knocked it into the trash and I didn't notice!

I connected the wireless keyboard to my personal laptop and it appears the shift key has gone haywire. I foresee a trip to Best Buy in my immediate future.

heh, I pry that Shift key off before I ever try to use a key board. Im forever hitting that dayum thing and not noticing until im thru typin I have to look at the keyboard.

KABOOKIE
5/26/2013, 02:07 PM
Sounds like you didn't change the batteries.

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 03:13 PM

That's what I was thinking, because I've had similar situations that ended up being bad batteries.

If it's not the batteries, ditch the keyboard. I've found that it's better to pay for a really good wireless keyboard/mouse than get a cheap version and have it go out too soon.

rock on sooner
5/26/2013, 03:39 PM

^^^^This^^^fixed every dayum problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse...

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 03:51 PM
I hope to hell she is smart enough to have changed batteries.:gary:

MsProudSooner
5/26/2013, 04:28 PM
Everything seemed to work OK except for the shift key. If it was the batteries, I would figure that nothing would work.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 04:31 PM
Everything seemed to work OK except for the shift key. If it was the batteries, I would figure that nothing would work.

yer prolly right , But Id change em to be on the safe side.

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 08:28 PM

That's what's strange about the wireless peripherals, I've had them "sorta" work when the batteries were going out. My mouse will just stop working, but the keyboard does some funky stuff.

MsProudSooner
5/26/2013, 10:26 PM
That's what's strange about the wireless peripherals, I've had them "sorta" work when the batteries were going out. My mouse will just stop working, but the keyboard does some funky stuff.

I'll try new batteries and see what happens.

MsProudSooner
5/26/2013, 10:27 PM

olevetonahill
6/2/2013, 07:00 PM

So how did this work out?

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 07:26 AM
Musta been the Batteries and shes too embarrassed to say it :lemo:

badger
6/5/2013, 08:39 AM
I once played an online multiplayer game (it was Team Fortress 2) and the wireless mouse and keyboard made my character jump all over the place and it wasn't always responsive to keystrokes and mouse movement.

So, if you need continuous use for something like that (or who knows what else) a wired keyboard and wire mouse are definitely the way to go.

If not, I had no problem with wireless. Of course, you need to use batteries with wireless, whereas the wired ones are just powered by your computer. Personally, I don't really see much of a point to wireless if you're sitting at a desk anyways

C&CDean
6/5/2013, 09:04 AM
Ms Proud Sooner really is a chick. Heh. Bless her.

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 11:11 AM
Ms Proud Sooner really is a chick. Heh. Bless her.

Prolly another BLOND :emmersed:

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2013, 11:16 AM
My IT dept said don't get wireless keyboards.

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 11:19 AM
Yea well Tell yer IT to go **** themselves:congratulatory:

Prolly not a good move tho if your in an area where someone could possibly capture your key strokes.

FirstandGoal
6/5/2013, 12:25 PM

:frown::mad:

olevetonahill
6/5/2013, 12:26 PM
:frown::mad:

:congratulatory:

rock on sooner
6/5/2013, 12:31 PM

Welp, there ya go agin, stirrin the pot...:playful: