PDA

View Full Version : QB Golson gone from ND

ouwasp
5/25/2013, 10:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9312336/everett-golson-leaves-notre-dame-fighting-irish

Sabanball
5/25/2013, 10:44 PM
Lots of drama going on in South Bend lately....

Sabanball
5/25/2013, 10:46 PM
Maybe he ran off with Teo's girlfriend....

sooneron
5/25/2013, 10:46 PM
Wow, that game just flipped to a 60/40 chance in our favor. imo

More rape cover up at neuter damn?

8timechamps
5/25/2013, 10:53 PM
Wow, this is shocking. Once again, a program gains success and "things" start happening. Thank you Bob Stoops.

ouwasp
5/25/2013, 10:56 PM
my gosh, go read the comments in the ESPN article... they are hitting about twice a second, maybe faster...you guys that enjoy meltdowns, tonight is your night!

goingoneight
5/25/2013, 10:56 PM
Until I see us break the curse, I'm afraid their left tackle could start at QB and beat us en route to a 1-11 season. :(

Mazeppa
5/25/2013, 11:22 PM
A resident life violation?

MyT Oklahoma
5/25/2013, 11:55 PM
I like our chances better now. Much better now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/26/2013, 12:40 AM
Don't be too surprised if Golson will be back by fall.

Blue
5/26/2013, 02:11 AM
Don't be too surprised if Golson will be back by fall.

Why?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/26/2013, 04:14 AM
Why?If it's at all possible, why WOULDN'T the domer try to resurrect his eligibility? Just saying, don't be so sure he won't return.

sooneron
5/26/2013, 07:27 AM
If it's at all possible, why WOULDN'T the domer try to resurrect his eligibility? Just saying, don't be so sure he won't return.

Doubtful...

That's an important distinction, because as NCAA bylaws expert John Infante points out, an academic violation would render Golson ineligible to receive scholarship funding from any college in the upcoming year.

http://deadspin.com/notre-dame-qb-everett-golson-allegedly-kicked-out-for-a-509904387

cleller
5/26/2013, 08:09 AM
Until I see us break the curse, I'm afraid their left tackle could start at QB and beat us en route to a 1-11 season. :(

I have to admit, my first reaction was something like this, but I'm trying to force myself to look at the bright side of this. As I remember Rees was OK, but not the type of guy that normally gives us fit. The Gholson/Hymen type are notorious for that.

Widescreen
5/26/2013, 08:16 AM
LOL @ Gunner Kiel.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 08:21 AM
I dont GAS who they have as QB. I dont see Coach losing again to the domers.

Scott D
5/26/2013, 09:30 AM
LOL @ Gunner Kiel.

Ironically, since he hasn't participated in any athletics for Cincy, he can technically according to NCAA bylaws return to ND without losing any eligibility or having to sit out.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 09:31 AM
Ironically, since he hasn't participated in any athletics for Cincy, he can technically according to NCAA bylaws return to ND without losing any eligibility or having to sit out.

I was wondering about that. so he can get him a Mulligan huh?

Jacie
5/26/2013, 02:48 PM
Favorite comment:

Only at ND would the starting QB leaving school after a national title year not even crack the top three for wildest stories from the team.

Second favorite:

Most of the things I've read say he cheated on a test/final. Why a football player is taking a test is a mystery.

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 02:50 PM

Really? I have always thought that once a LOI is signed, players were locked in to the NCAA rules, therefor forcing any player that changed their mind and 'transferred' to have to sit out a year (unless they went to another division). If that's the case, then the LOI really is worthless.

EDIT: It appears your are correct:

Former Irish quarterback Gunner Kiel transferred to Cincinnati in April. He ruled out any return to Notre Dame, telling Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer "I'm a Bearcat." Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said there was no scenario in which Kiel would return to South Bend.

That quote from Kiel is from today (Sunday), so it's been since the Golson news broke.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 04:03 PM
According to this, He dayum sure could return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/everett-golson-departs-door-open-gunner-kiel-return-055022777.html

Sabanball
5/26/2013, 04:24 PM

Lets start the timeline now: Indiana, LSU, Indiana, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, _________. Gunner Kiel, meet Mitch Mustain.

Scott D
5/26/2013, 06:38 PM
Tate Forcier would be more apropo.

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 07:19 PM
2014 is the earliest he could be back apparently, which is fine by me, because after this year, I won't give ND a second thought.

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 07:25 PM
2014 is the earliest he could be back apparently, which is fine by me, because after this year, I won't give ND a second thought.

Where ya read that? That article I posted said he could come back right now if he wanted. I dont really care Im just curious.

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 07:27 PM
Where ya read that? That article I posted said he could come back right now if he wanted. I dont really care Im just curious.

Just saw on ESPN (the scroll at the bottom) that Notre Dame said he is no longer enrolled at the school, and that he (Golson) said he intends to be back enrolled at Notre Dame in 2014.

Here's a quote from the most recent ESPN article:

"I have been informed by the University of Notre Dame that due to my poor academic judgment that I have been suspended from the University for the 2013 Fall Term," Golson said. "I take full responsibility for my poor choices and will do all that is asked of me to regain the trust of my family, friends, teammates, coaches and the entire Notre Dame community."

olevetonahill
5/26/2013, 07:30 PM
Just saw on ESPN (the scroll at the bottom) that Notre Dame said he is no longer enrolled at the school, and that he (Golson) said he intends to be back enrolled at Notre Dame in 2014.

Here's a quote from the most recent ESPN article:

Oh I thot ya was talkin about that gunner kid. My bad. Yea I DGAS about any of it really. as long as we kick their asses .

8timechamps
5/26/2013, 08:25 PM
Oh I thot ya was talkin about that gunner kid. My bad. Yea I DGAS about any of it really. as long as we kick their asses .

My bad, I didn't clarify.

I'm with ya, in fact I'm ready to be done with ND. I know it's good for football and all that other BS that two traditional powers play each other, but I just don't like 'em.

badger
5/27/2013, 08:26 AM

So you're saying there's a chance...

olevetonahill
5/27/2013, 08:42 AM
So you're saying there's a chance...

I'll put money on it.

ND has twice embarrassed Coach and OU since Stoops took over, I dont see it happening again.

badger
5/27/2013, 08:49 AM
I'll put money on it.

ND has twice embarrassed Coach and OU since Stoops took over, I dont see it happening again.

I'll let you put vMoney on it. Real money is up to you :)

olevetonahill
5/27/2013, 08:50 AM
I'll let you put vMoney on it. Real money is up to you :)

Heh, I have better luck with the Real moneys deal. I lose my *** on the V bookie deal.

rock on sooner
5/27/2013, 09:07 AM
My bad, I didn't clarify.

I'm with ya, in fact I'm ready to be done with ND. I know it's good for football and all that other BS that two traditional powers play each other, but I just don't like 'em.

"I just don't like 'em." Them thar werds aint strong enuf! "I cant stand 'em" gits
closer and its been that way since Dick Lynch went around the right side of the
line, following Nick Pietrosante's block....jus sayin'...

badger
5/27/2013, 09:10 AM
Since we're now 96 days away from Sooner football and this thread is about Notre Dame, how about an article from 1996 about a Notre Dame athlete?

We may know of him as a Poke athlete, but the truth is that you have even more reason to hate him than you already do --- he was a Domer before he was at OKLAST:

Link (http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-13/sports/sp-43414_1_doug-gottlieb)

BUT, there's even more fun to the story --- Notre Dame offered to cover up the truth behind the story in exchange for this one-time starting Domer guard to leave.

We'll just say that you're "homesick!" (http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/26/sports/la-sp-dwyre-20111227)

At Notre Dame, Gottlieb stole credit cards from three students, charged about $900 and was caught. Notre Dame called him in, restitution was made and he was told that, instead of being expelled, he would be allowed to leave school and say he was homesick.

"The homesick part was true," Gottlieb said in the recent interview.

But the rest was the usual semi-truth telling and hiding behind "student privacy" crutches that universities do, similar operational procedures to what Gottlieb was describing in his Penn State essay.

Gottlieb told his listeners how he had agreed, relieved not to be a big headline and a laughingstock. He went home, went to Golden West College the next fall and thought things would end that way. But at Notre Dame, the student newspaper, the Observer, doing some journalism of its own, raised questions about why a starting guard would leave after a successful season. The newspaper cast a cynical eye on the homesick excuse. The three students who had been Gottlieb's victims read that, came forth and told all.

"It was a front-page story in the L.A. Times," Gottlieb said. "There was a place at Golden West where athletes gathered for lunch, and I remember walking in there, seeing the paper and all of them, just looking at me."

:)

sooneron
5/27/2013, 09:35 PM
Badger, you confuse me FAR too much. WTF does this have to do with Golson?

Blue
5/27/2013, 09:49 PM

Shes either a genius or completely gone...

badger
5/28/2013, 08:26 AM

Golson, like our beloved basketball guru Doug Gottlieb, both started at Notre Dame before being kicked out due to off-field/off-court shenangians.

In fact, both Golson and Gottlieb were hotshot freshmen starters for their Domer teams before getting the boot.

Since we all love Doug here so much and since it was a holiday, I thought I'd share that story for those unaware

sooneron
5/28/2013, 08:44 AM

This is where you and I agree...

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 08:53 AM

This is where you and I agree...

She's a BLOND Nuff said.

BigJerm7
5/28/2013, 05:57 PM
LOL @ Gunner Kiel.

I thought the same thing.