PDA

View Full Version : good use of taxpayers 500K...

Soonerjeepman
5/25/2013, 06:52 PM
good grief. This administration is out of control. Now I will agree this type of BS has gone on for a long time but it needs to stop.

smoking kills you...period, gay, straight, bi...whatever.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/taxpayers-spend-536526-study-smoking-cessation-lgbt-community

Soonerjeepman
5/25/2013, 06:59 PM
and 2 others...wow.

400K for a latina middle schoolers resist sex..

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/434k-stimulus-help-latina-middle-schoolers-resist-sex-created-091-jobs

287K for a virtual woman who answers sexual advances...WTH

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/287967-fed-study-developing-virtual-woman-who-will-agree-some-sexual-activities-and

olevetonahill
5/25/2013, 07:26 PM
:glee:

yermom
5/25/2013, 10:38 PM
you think Obama personally commissioned these?

Soonerjeepman
5/25/2013, 11:13 PM
nope but it's his administration...BTW reread the first post DA.

jkjsooner
5/27/2013, 03:40 PM
nope but it's his administration...BTW reread the first post DA.

You mean where you said this administration is out of control?

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 03:56 PM
you think Obama personally commissioned these?
Ultimately, it it comes out of the Executive Branch then the President is ultimately responsible for it whether he personally commissioned the study or not.

badger
5/27/2013, 03:59 PM
smoking kills you

I stopped badgering smokers long ago, because as morbid as it sounds, something will kill you someday, whether its smoking, not wearing your seat belt, or obesity.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 04:09 PM
This thread is making me anxious to have my first cigar of the day.

Soonerjeepman
5/27/2013, 04:54 PM
You mean where you said this administration is out of control?

that and I said it's been going on for a long time (guess I should have spelled it out...OTHER ADMIN DID THIS AS WELL)..it's time to STOP, but read what ya want.

jkjsooner
5/28/2013, 08:42 AM
that and I said it's been going on for a long time (guess I should have spelled it out...OTHER ADMIN DID THIS AS WELL)..it's time to STOP, but read what ya want.

I saw that the first time but that doesn't dismiss your comment about the administration being out of control.

Unless you're just making random ramblings, you apparently wanted to tie this study in as proof that the administrations is out of control.

Midtowner
5/28/2013, 08:53 AM
I see smoking as a positive. While I don't partake, those who do consciously want to live fewer years and by doing so, benefit the rest of us when they die before Medicare kicks in.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 08:58 AM
I see smoking as a positive. While I don't partake, those who do consciously want to live fewer years and by doing so, benefit the rest of us when they die before Medicare kicks in.

Are you really this ****ing STUPID? REALLY?

XingTheRubicon
5/28/2013, 08:58 AM

I feel the same way about Chicago.

jkjsooner
5/28/2013, 09:11 AM
As for the study, I would bet that if you can find a better way to reach the LGBT community you could recover the cost of this study by many orders of magnitude in lower medicare or unpaid hospital costs.

I don't know why different groups need different targeting but if similar studies have shown this to be true then I think it's worth pursuing.

I personally don't understand why anyone under the age of 50 would have ever started smoking. It's been pretty clear for a long time how it impacts your health. Some people are just plain stupid and think they know better than everyone else. But as long as those people exist, spending a relatively tiny amount of money to better discourage them from smoking is beneficial to society.

cleller
5/28/2013, 09:22 AM

Are you really this ****ing STUPID? REALLY?

This would be a good debate topic. Smokers die earlier, saves money. Smokers also have more medical problems, though, etc.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 09:29 AM
This would be a good debate topic. Smokers die earlier, saves money. Smokers also have more medical problems, though, etc.

Not really. Most smokers will live a Long time while draining Health care from the system. Plus Not all smokers will die earlier than non, matlock is just an idiot.

yermom
5/28/2013, 01:02 PM
This thread is making me anxious to have my first cigar of the day.

which one are you, L, G, B or T? :D

Curly Bill
5/28/2013, 01:37 PM
Not really. Most smokers will live a Long time while draining Health care from the system. Plus Not all smokers will die earlier than non, matlock is just an idiot.

On this we can definitely reach a consensus.