PDA

View Full Version : Two party "system"

TAFBSooner
5/23/2013, 12:58 PM
In Oklahoma, you only have the two Establishment parties to select from. And I found it too difficult last November to ignore what I'd been taught all my life: that voting is a civic duty.

Does the existing de facto two party system best serve your political interests?

Would you support Oklahoma relaxing its ballot access requirements to give other political parties the chance to put candidates on the presidential ballot? This gets introduced every year in the OK lege, with support from the Libertarians, and some from the Greens, and promptly goes nowhere.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/23/2013, 01:36 PM
These have been discussed here ad nauseum. Put a search on, and you will fine many answers and redundant answers.

badger
5/23/2013, 01:37 PM
I not only would welcome third (fourth, fifth...) parties to our state ballots, I would also welcome open primaries.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/23/2013, 01:49 PM
I not only would welcome third (fourth, fifth...) parties to our state ballots, I would also welcome open primaries.Only one way that works. There would be no primaries. If a candidate doesn't get a majority of votes in the general election, there is a runoff election, with the top 2 vote getters.