PDA

View Full Version : CARSON MEIER

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/22/2013, 02:56 PM
A new commit. from Tulsa Union.

Scout page: http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=6741260

Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carson-Meier-145148;_ylt=AiZ7qr2SrTHaK388jf4J.SdIPZB4

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 03:10 PM
We're going to end up with the tallest team in college football.

X's and O's guys, is there something to be gained by having a 6'5" QB throw to a 6'6" Receiver?

cvsooner
5/22/2013, 03:21 PM
There is when the cornerback and safety are both 6'0".

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 03:46 PM
I was thinking so but couldn't decide whether it was enough of a big deal to make it worth recruiting for...as Norvell seems to be doing.

cvsooner
5/22/2013, 04:08 PM
As JKM will tell you, it's all about mismatches. One of Tony Jefferson's drawbacks as far as pro scouts were concerned were his speed and his height (5'11" I think). Bad combo.

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 04:47 PM
Oh, I'm all for it, I just couldn't decide how big a factor it would be. Time will tell I suppose.

Ruf/Nek7
5/22/2013, 05:35 PM
Threw this on the recruiting board too. We are really rolling right now. BOOMER

8timechamps
5/22/2013, 07:25 PM
I follow recruiting really close, and this one caught me by complete surprise. We just offered the kid last week.

Really love his height, but I'm sure he'll see a redshirt next season.

Keep 'em coming!

Ruf/Nek7
5/22/2013, 08:23 PM
I follow recruiting really close, and this one caught me by complete surprise. We just offered the kid last week.

Really love his height, but I'm sure he'll see a redshirt next season.

Keep 'em coming!

Please explain. Does this correlate to my post on the recruiting thread i started about Carson?

picasso
5/23/2013, 05:33 PM
6'7" means he's probably really 6'5.5".

8timechamps
5/23/2013, 07:25 PM
Please explain. Does this correlate to my post on the recruiting thread i started about Carson?

Sorry Ruf/Nek7, just saw this.

I knew about Meier, I just didn't/wasn't expecting him to commit so quickly. There are several schools recruiting him as a DE, but I knew he really wanted to play TE in college, and I wasn't entirely sure OU was going that direction with him.

I think I've just been surprised at how aggressive OU has recruited this year. I had gotten lulled by the slow pace of the past couple of years, and this year it feels like they're offering guys like crazy. I love the new attitude though, reminds me a lot of how OU was when Stoops first got to Norman. Back then, if they saw a guy, and liked him, they offered. Then, over the years, it seemed they got caught up in evaluation and over-evaluation, and it costs them some recruits.

Ruf/Nek7
5/23/2013, 07:54 PM
It's all good. I love what I am seeing thus far but like i mentioned in the Recruiting thread, I am still anxiously awaiting OU to land a guy no one expected. Maybe Koda Martin will be that first guy. Then maybe Mixon, Cannon, and oh I don't know....D'Shawn Hand????