PDA

View Full Version : Which one of Yall predicted this today?

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 12:23 PM
IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-lerner-says-did-nothing-wrong-refuses-answer-143727256.html

rock on sooner
5/22/2013, 12:27 PM
I dint, mostly cause I dint know she was gonna testify, but Ima
gonna guess there'll a bunch more that do just that.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 12:31 PM
Heh, Makes me think of this
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFt3UpkdiNVykxZp85n99hepel0tGeA veG9QdqGlFtH5nRdgBk

SanJoaquinSooner
5/22/2013, 01:50 PM
vet's been known to take a fifth too.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 01:53 PM

:D

rock on sooner
5/22/2013, 02:09 PM

Naw, Ima guessin its in a Mason jar :highly_amused:

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/22/2013, 04:52 PM
Relying on government to check and balance itself.

heh, they screwed us on that one

SoonerBBall
5/23/2013, 01:53 PM
Should government employees be allowed to invoke the 5th when it comes to government matters? It is a question I've been pondering since I saw this. I'd be very interested to see what the Mid and other lawyers think of that.

jkjsooner
5/23/2013, 02:03 PM
Should government employees be allowed to invoke the 5th when it comes to government matters? It is a question I've been pondering since I saw this. I'd be very interested to see what the Mid and other lawyers think of that.

Are you giving them immunity from prosecution? If not, then of course they should be allowed to invoke the 5th. The 5th amendment is pretty clear about it.

sappstuf
5/23/2013, 03:07 PM
Seems like she may have waived her right when she made her little speech and declared herself innocent... It could get very interesting.

SoonerBBall
5/24/2013, 10:31 AM
Are you giving them immunity from prosecution? If not, then of course they should be allowed to invoke the 5th. The 5th amendment is pretty clear about it.

No, I'm not. My thought is that if you choose to work for the government on the tax payer's dime, then you should not be able to remain silent concerning matters directly relating to your work in the government. Again, this is just a question that I've been thinking about. It seems like it is in the best interest of everyone that government not be allowed to take public office and then stay hushed up about it. It isn't like the government hasn't completely defiled the 5th amendment anyways (imminent domain).