PDA

View Full Version : photo opt for obammy

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2013, 06:47 AM
See he couldn't wait to get the pic of him on the phone about the Okla tornado, looking at the camera....where's the Benghazi photo..?

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 07:05 AM
Seriously? He's going to be attacked for not coming here. He would have been attacked had he come and surveyed the damage for using up our limited resources and first responders to ensure his security and now there's some outrage that he had a photo taken of him while on the phone?

The hatred is just overpowering, ain't it?

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 07:11 AM
And the 1/2 Boo defender ton the rescue :eagerness:

Curly Bill
5/22/2013, 07:24 AM
It's in the politicians handbook - never let a tragedy go to waste.

Harry Beanbag
5/22/2013, 08:57 AM
....where's the Benghazi photo..?

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/obama-sleeping.jpg

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2013, 09:40 AM
Seriously? He's going to be attacked for not coming here. He would have been attacked had he come and surveyed the damage for using up our limited resources and first responders to ensure his security and now there's some outrage that he had a photo taken of him while on the phone?

The hatred is just overpowering, ain't it?

LOL...back at ya brother...

badger
5/22/2013, 12:45 PM
UPDATE: He's coming Sunday. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Obama_to_visit_tornado_ravaged_Oklahoma_town/20130522_777_0_WASHIN149295?subj=298)

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 12:52 PM
UPDATE: He's coming Sunday. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Obama_to_visit_tornado_ravaged_Oklahoma_town/20130522_777_0_WASHIN149295?subj=298)

He needs to stay away, and let the folks concentrate on gettin their Lives back together and the place cleaned up. POS

sappstuf
5/22/2013, 12:58 PM
I wonder how he found out about the tornado?

Probably has olevet's phone tapped...

badger
5/22/2013, 01:06 PM
While it might show some national support, I think that this will just stir the hornets' nest for people that are angry about a wide variety of Obama-related things and bring in swaths of protestors for his visit. uggggh, not what you want when you're trying to clean up storm damage and return residents to their properties

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 01:12 PM
Oh just watch... folks will be looking for any little thing to get apoplectic about.

Had he not visited at all, many here would be attacking him too.

And what's with deleting my thread about Boehner giving a tearful, prayerful speech regarding Moore to the media? It's cool only when your guy does it? It's the same damn faux outrage.

okie52
5/22/2013, 01:22 PM

I'm sure there are political benefits for Obama to come to Moore but I'm still glad he is doing it.

okie52
5/22/2013, 01:24 PM
I wonder how he found out about the tornado?

As Stewart would say "he saw himself talking about it on the news".

badger
5/22/2013, 01:25 PM
It's the same damn faux outrage.

Outrage? Even the dumbest politician would probably never be stupid enough to shake his fist at Mother Nature :)

I imagine it was deleted because you had to have known that you were poking an angry hornet's nest. It would be like posting a "Let's compliment our Notre Dame victors" after the game in Norman last football season. It's fair to post, isn't it? Why can't be have a pro-Notre Dame thread to go with all of our pro-Sooner threads? Fair is fair!

That's an extreme example, but nonetheless, let's remove the politics for a sec --- this was a natural disaster in Oklahoma and many of us are either living in Oklahoma, from Oklahoma or just simply love the great state of Oklahoma. Did you really think that you were just making the discussion fair and balanced by adding that tidbit?

On top of that, there were other political threads that mentioned the tornadoes already going. Was another really necessary? Aren't we all really upset and sad about the situation our state is facing enough as-is?

diverdog
5/22/2013, 01:35 PM
I'm sure there are political benefits for Obama to come to Moore but I'm still glad he is doing it.

There is zero political benefits to him coming to OK.

sappstuf
5/22/2013, 01:38 PM

Takes the headlines away from his criminal administration for a day..

okie52
5/22/2013, 01:38 PM

Sure there are as other news media has noted...it deflects attention away from the current scandals and puts him in a positive light by reaching out to victims of a natural disaster.

Curly Bill
5/22/2013, 01:39 PM
Gotta get some more travel in while he's on the taxpayer's dime. Moochelle was prolly like: Oh honey, I know they hate us in Oklahoma but lets go, I wanna see it while it's still free for us.

...and yeah, he can "look presidential" instead of like a criminal under siege.

diverdog
5/22/2013, 01:49 PM
Sure there are as other news media has noted...it deflects attention away from the current scandals and puts him in a positive light by reaching out to victims of a natural disaster.

Really? One day in a Red State is going to do all that? He gets one day of press at best.

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 01:50 PM
Outrage? Even the dumbest politician would probably never be stupid enough to shake his fist at Mother Nature :)

I imagine it was deleted because you had to have known that you were poking an angry hornet's nest. It would be like posting a "Let's compliment our Notre Dame victors" after the game in Norman last football season. It's fair to post, isn't it? Why can't be have a pro-Notre Dame thread to go with all of our pro-Sooner threads? Fair is fair!

This is a Sooner board. If this was a board for conservative extremists, I'd have to agree that the fair is fair argument doesn't fly. But it's not. It's a general politics board and that thread showed how objectively, complaining about Obama and his photo ops while your own boys are out there doing exactly the same thing is inherently hypocritical.

That's an extreme example, but nonetheless, let's remove the politics for a sec --- this was a natural disaster in Oklahoma and many of us are either living in Oklahoma, from Oklahoma or just simply love the great state of Oklahoma. Did you really think that you were just making the discussion fair and balanced by adding that tidbit?

Sure. I'd like to see some here address why it's not a political photo op when Boehner cries to reporters about Moore while Obama, in front of reporters, signs a bill concerning federal aid. You can't think one is fine and the other awful and still have any semblance of being intellectually honest.

On top of that, there were other political threads that mentioned the tornadoes already going. Was another really necessary? Aren't we all really upset and sad about the situation our state is facing enough as-is?

Sadly, this is the political board where everything is politicized. If you don't like it, there's a subforum here which is specifically non-political. If we want to be upset at folks making things political, be upset at the folks who think a President visiting a disaster area is a political stunt.. or at least if you do, grudgingly acknowledge that since Air Force One has been in service, it's kind of an expectation of the job that Presidents survey disaster areas.

Yes, Bush did it during Katrina and a bunch of folks bitched about that. I'd probably have to go back to Clinton, but even then, I recall people bitching about his political grandstanding in the aftermath of the OKC bombing. It's ridiculous partisan bickering and I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous it really is.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 01:57 PM
Oh Poor matlock
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1336753594387750288.jpg

sappstuf
5/22/2013, 01:58 PM
Really? One day in a Red State is going to do all that? He gets one day of press at best.

You really haven't been paying attention.. One day would feel like a week for Obama right now.

okie52
5/22/2013, 01:58 PM

He's already gotten more than a day of press out of it. He made his special address to the nation on Tuesday morning about getting FEMA and Napolitano on the Moore tornado. He didn't need a special address for that but, again, I'm glad he did it.

Now he is announcing on Wednesday he is going to Moore on Sunday to inspect the damage and meet with first responders. He already has FEMA and Napolitano coming so he doesn't need to do that. When he arrives on Sunday he will again be connecting with Moore and in a positive light.

I don't know if he gets a week of deflection out of it but he is definitely getting positive publicity from his connection with Moore. Again, I'm glad he's doing it.

badger
5/22/2013, 01:59 PM
This is a Sooner board. If this was a board for conservative extremists, I'd have to agree that the fair is fair argument doesn't fly.

Forgive me, Mid, but this board is called "Obamafest." You don't call a "a general politics board" Obamafest.

I'm happy that we have Democratic voters on this forum, much like I'm happy we have a few random Pokes, whorns and even a Bammer that for some reason keeps returning even though more and more are begging him to leave. But I'm sure you understand as a resident of Oklahoma City (I assume your profile is updated?) that you're not gonna find a moderate political climate here, even when Oklahoma is in its Internet form, not real life form :)

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 02:01 PM
Forgive me, Mid, but this board is called "Obamafest." You don't call a "a general politics board" Obamafest.

I'm happy that we have Democratic voters on this forum, much like I'm happy we have a few random Pokes, whorns and even a Bammer that for some reason keeps returning even though more and more are begging him to leave. But I'm sure you understand as a resident of Oklahoma City (I assume your profile is updated?) that you're not gonna find a moderate political climate here, even when Oklahoma is in its Internet form, not real life form :)

Sides if Dean wants to Lock and or delete a thread he can do so any ole time he wants to and No amount of whining about Mods will change that fact.

diverdog
5/22/2013, 05:15 PM
He's already gotten more than a day of press out of it. He made his special address to the nation on Tuesday morning about getting FEMA and Napolitano on the Moore tornado. He didn't need a special address for that but, again, I'm glad he did it.

Now he is announcing on Wednesday he is going to Moore on Sunday to inspect the damage and meet with first responders. He already has FEMA and Napolitano coming so he doesn't need to do that. When he arrives on Sunday he will again be connecting with Moore and in a positive light.

I don't know if he gets a week of deflection out of it but he is definitely getting positive publicity from his connection with Moore. Again, I'm glad he's doing it.

You should be glad he needs it because Moore will be a Mecca (no pun intended :) ) when it is all said and done.

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2013, 05:23 PM
I started it for the exact reason I said...yes it was a tragedy and I would expect him to do it, all politicians do it. BUT he wasn't around during Benghazi for a photo opp, maybe he was sleeping...seems hypocritical to me on Obamma's part.

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 05:32 PM
You are comparing Moore to Benghazi?

Are you out of your flipping mind?

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2013, 05:39 PM
guess you think so... :hororr:

diverdog
5/22/2013, 05:40 PM
You really haven't been paying attention.. One day would feel like a week for Obama right now.

You are probably right. I am working about 80 hours a week. Bout the only TV I watch is the Simpsons.

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 05:42 PM
guess you think so... :hororr:

I do.

Do you actually think the President would gain any perspective from a trip to a warzone to see a burned out consulate?

diverdog
5/22/2013, 05:43 PM
I started it for the exact reason I said...yes it was a tragedy and I would expect him to do it, all politicians do it. BUT he wasn't around during Benghazi for a photo opp, maybe he was sleeping...seems hypocritical to me on Obamma's part.

He attended the transfer of remains at Andrews AFB. That is a photo op if you want to call it that.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2013, 05:48 PM
Im glad he is doing.

Even though I cannot stand his presidency...the man needs to show he genuinely cares about the American people.

C&CDean
5/22/2013, 06:22 PM
Blah blah blah mid. Sheez. At least none of us are blaming your boy for the tornado like you guys blamed Bush for Katrina.

Midtowner
5/22/2013, 06:29 PM
Not anyone on this board, but Alex Jones has theorized Obama used a weather weapon against Oklahoma.... so there's that!

Of course the Bush/Katrina thing, I didn't buy there was a federal problem there, at least not immediately. I think the response was awkward, but what on Earth wouldn't be following a disaster of that magnitude. The failure there was at the state and local level. If we want to blame any feds, let's talk about the Corps of Engineers and those levees..

cleller
5/22/2013, 07:30 PM
...and The Daily Show creator has to make a joke out of tornadoes, Okies, and conservatives.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/05/20/daily-show-creator-twister

TitoMorelli
5/22/2013, 08:11 PM

So will he be playing Oak Tree or Southern Hills?

ouwasp
5/22/2013, 09:25 PM
This reminds me: When Slick came on his visit after the '99 tornado, it was when the Lewinsky debacle was still fresh. So, leave it to a Red State storm victim to create a sign out of a bedsheet to welcome the POTUS to the disaster zone: "Hey Mr. President, how's this for a BLOWJOB?" I believe I read the Secret Service had the sign taken down before Slick's motorcade came along...

Maybe the same guy could make a sign the asks: Hey Mr. President, can you please sweep all this crap under the rug too?"

8timechamps
5/22/2013, 09:31 PM
It's in the politicians handbook - never let a tragedy go to waste.

Yep. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle they're on, if there is a disaster, they can't get to a camera fast enough.

In this case, he's in a no-win situation. As said already, if he doesn't go, then he'll get attacked. Ff he does go, he'll get attacked. I just hope his visit is short. That's the best thing he can do to keep the distractions to a minimum.

olevetonahill
5/23/2013, 01:52 AM
You are comparing Moore to Benghazi?

Are you out of your flipping mind?

Oh Hells Thats like sayin you would Kill a Kid ro Save a dog?
Dumas

olevetonahill
5/23/2013, 01:56 AM
Not anyone on this board, but Alex Jones has theorized Obama used a weather weapon against Oklahoma.... so there's that!

Of course the Bush/Katrina thing, I didn't buy there was a federal problem there, at least not immediately. I think the response was awkward, but what on Earth wouldn't be following a disaster of that magnitude. The failure there was at the state and local level. If we want to blame any feds, let's talk about the Corps of Engineers and those levees..

By Gawd wernt we decided that Alex was a POS?

sappstuf
5/23/2013, 04:01 AM
You are probably right. I am working about 80 hours a week. Bout the only TV I watch is the Simpsons.

I hope you get a break in this long weekend.. This is where I am headed for 4 days:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/1a/9f/f8/san-capo-beach.jpg

http://www.siciliainfoto.it/trapani/s.vito%20lo%20capo/s.vito%20lo%20capo.jpg

http://www.hi-land.it/uploaded/city_photo/San%20Vito%20lo%20Capo%202_2.jpg

diverdog
5/23/2013, 06:20 AM
I hope you get a break in this long weekend.. This is where I am headed for 4 days:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/1a/9f/f8/san-capo-beach.jpg

http://www.siciliainfoto.it/trapani/s.vito%20lo%20capo/s.vito%20lo%20capo.jpg

http://www.hi-land.it/uploaded/city_photo/San%20Vito%20lo%20Capo%202_2.jpg

You suck!

Soonerjeepman
5/23/2013, 08:16 AM
You suck!

times 2...lucky bastard..

Soonerjeepman
5/23/2013, 08:21 AM
I do.

Do you actually think the President would gain any perspective from a trip to a warzone to see a burned out consulate?

PHOTO OPP..on the phone in the office, NEVER said a thing about a trip to Benghazi ..what a dumbass...

On the SEPARATE issue of going there..I could care less whether he went to Moore or not. The fact that he is, yes I believe his motive or his advisors motives are pure political..with all the $hit hitting the fan the dude needs some positive pub..this is it.