PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones

8timechamps
5/21/2013, 07:31 PM
Has this guy ever been sane?

He's "not sure if the tornado was a natural act, or if the government had something to do with it"...What?!

LINK (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/21/alex-jones-explains-how-government-weather-weap/194167)

olevetonahill
5/21/2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks alot I had never heard of that wack job before. Now I know to ignore him.

cleller
5/21/2013, 08:11 PM
Is this guy laughing all the way to the bank, the nuthouse, or both?

It's a shame he exists.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2013, 08:46 PM
I detest Alex Jones. I know that because of my political leanings it would be natural for me to love the guy, but I think he's a lunatic.

olevetonahill
5/21/2013, 08:50 PM
I detest Alex Jones. I know that because of my political leanings it would be natural for me to love the guy, but I think he's a lunatic.

Like I said, I had never heard of him Sic, But from what little I just read I dont "THINK", I "KNOW", hes a lunatic.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/21/2013, 08:51 PM
Who TF is he? Someone 'splain him pls., as Iv'e never heard of him...is he the son of Mother Jones, of leftist magazine fame??

diverdog
5/21/2013, 09:45 PM

Most of the Ron Paul supporters in Delaware follow him and his Infowars website.

Midtowner
5/21/2013, 09:54 PM
Why is this so weird to you guys?

He's the same sort of idiot who has been saying Obama is a Kenyan Muslim all along and that was fine.. why the change of heart?

8timechamps
5/21/2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks alot I had never heard of that wack job before. Now I know to ignore him.

You've got to find some of his stuff on YouTube.

Here's what's crazy about him, he actually has some views I agree with on some issues, but then he goes so far off the deep end on others that there is no way to take him seriously. Some of his stuff makes you just sit and wonder what in the hell he is on.

MR2-Sooner86
5/21/2013, 11:10 PM

He's the same sort of idiot who has been saying Obama is a Kenyan Muslim all along and that was fine.. why the change of heart?

He also said Bush was behind 9/11.

badger
5/22/2013, 08:21 AM
If someone could manufacture a tornado, it would be a pretty powerful weapon. They were saying yesterday that the EF-5 was a more powerful force than the Hiroshima bomb.

But, scientists still haven't figured out what exactly the purpose in nature of tornadoes is, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try to re-create one.

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 08:32 AM

We could do a whole thread on why this period in our history seems to be more prone to conspiracy theories than was previously the case. Or maybe it's always been this way, we just hear more of it these days because of the internet. I remember my first political steps and getting into conversations with Birchers and other pre-historic tea partiers who were absolutely convinced that New England Republicans were busy all day, every day selling us out to international cabals. In those days it was swiss bankers, The Illuminati and the Tri-Lateral Commission. Some people just need more hot sauce on daily life, I guess.

jkjsooner
5/22/2013, 08:35 AM
Is this guy laughing all the way to the bank, the nuthouse, or both?

It's a shame he exists.

My guess is the bank. I think his followers are mostly paranoid schizophrenics.

There are enough insane people that there's money to be made by telling them what they want to hear.

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 08:37 AM
Or echoing what's already being said inside their heads.

cleller
5/22/2013, 08:42 AM
Or echoing what's already being said inside their heads.

Heh.

jkjsooner
5/22/2013, 08:43 AM

He was discussed briefly in the boston thread.

For a second I wondered if he and his ilk were going to go off on some conspiracy theory relating to the tornadoes. I figured because this is a conservative state and the absurdity of such a claim he wouldn't touch this one. I was wrong.

As I said before, I think a lot of these people we see on TV are really a lot more rational than they come off as being. They just know how to play the public for money. They're sort of like the heavy metal bands of the '70s and '80s - playing a role for money.

jkjsooner
5/22/2013, 08:55 AM
If someone could manufacture a tornado, it would be a pretty powerful weapon. They were saying yesterday that the EF-5 was a more powerful force than the Hiroshima bomb.

But, scientists still haven't figured out what exactly the purpose in nature of tornadoes is, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try to re-create one.

Its purpose is to conserve angular momentum. I'm not sure why anything in nature (outside of evolution due to it feedback nature) requires a purpose.

There are theories that the laws of nature evolve over time but these aren't mainstream. For the most part, the non-biological world just does whatever it does. The biological world evolves to react to its surroundings.

I know the word powerful is a generic term that doesn't necessarily relate to the scientific concept of power but to be precise it's a more energetic system than an atomic bomb. In terms of power it's not close. Thunderstorms generally have a lot more energy than an atomic bomb but this energy is spread out over great time and distance. That reduces the devastation it can cause. A tornado does collapse much of this energy down to a smaller area and time scale but still nothing like an atomic weapon.

I don't mean to be pedantic but I'd hate to leave the impression a Hiroshima bomb wouldn't be more devastating.

jkjsooner
5/22/2013, 09:00 AM
We could do a whole thread on why this period in our history seems to be more prone to conspiracy theories than was previously the case. Or maybe it's always been this way, we just hear more of it these days because of the internet.

We do hear more about it but I think the Internet also acts as a positive feedback loop. Crazy people have their ideas validated and are introduces to new ideas via the Internet.

If you've ever read any of the conspiracy message boards you'll see that they all confirm each other and they begin to see non-conspiracy people (sane people) as either insane, ignorant, or naive.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 09:09 AM
We do hear more about it but I think the Internet also acts as a positive feedback loop. Crazy people have their ideas validated and are introduces to new ideas via the Internet.

If you've ever read any of the conspiracy message boards you'll see that they all confirm each other and they begin to see non-conspiracy people (sane people) as either insane, ignorant, or naive.

So kinda like how matlock and most of you libs looks at the rest of us?

jkjsooner
5/22/2013, 10:00 AM

I don't think you're crazy and don't really have anything negative to say about you. I've gotten into it with you maybe once or twice but I've also gotten some comforting responses from you when a death in the family occurred. I don't know you at all but you seem to be a good guy and I respect the heck that you served our country in Vietnam. I do think you're a little hard on Matlock but it's not really my business.

Now if by "us" you're talking about a couple of other posters (such as one who posted in this thread and tried to attribute Alex Jones to liberals) then I'd answer yes.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 10:14 AM
I don't think you're crazy and don't really have anything negative to say about you. I've gotten into it with you maybe once or twice but I've also gotten some comforting responses from you when a death in the family occurred. I don't know you at all but you seem to be a good guy and I respect the heck that you served our country in Vietnam. I do think you're a little hard on Matlock but it's not really my business.

Now if by "us" you're talking about a couple of other posters (such as one who posted in this thread and tried to attribute Alex Jones to liberals) then I'd answer yes.

If matlock would lose his Know it all, Better than everyone else attitude. I could prolly get along with him

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 10:17 AM

That seems close to the core of it. People whose own lives are disappointments and need to somehow feel 'special'. So they create secret knowledge to which they have access to elevate themselves above the pack. It would be more amusing if they didn't vote and otherwise gum up public discourse.

rock on sooner
5/22/2013, 10:19 AM

Dont know how anyone can waste keystrokes on the likes of Alex Jones
so I wont.

Illuminati and Tri Lateralists have foundation in history, many argue.

Now, Vet, I know one leftie that looks at this bunch and just shakes his
head. That same leftie argues with most of this bunch, with his sides
aching from laughter and wonders how TF some reached adulthood, same
way some think about that leftie. That leftie dont like "lib" label cause some
of what he thinks aint liberal....jus like the current prez...damned if he duz
and damned if he dont. BOOMER!

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 10:38 AM
Dont know how anyone can waste keystrokes on the likes of Alex Jones
so I wont.

Illuminati and Tri Lateralists have foundation in history, many argue.

Now, Vet, I know one leftie that looks at this bunch and just shakes his
head. That same leftie argues with most of this bunch, with his sides
aching from laughter and wonders how TF some reached adulthood, same
way some think about that leftie. That leftie dont like "lib" label cause some
of what he thinks aint liberal....jus like the current prez...damned if he duz
and damned if he dont. BOOMER!

Heh, I toss "Lib" out as a sorta Catchall. I dont really think anyone is Truly Lib not Truly Con, I just have a hard time with Young smartasses who think they KNOW everything and Know whats going on better than the rest of us. matlock will grow up some day and Im sure he will turn out to be a fine young man, But until then hes just a jackass know it all:star:

MR2-Sooner86
5/22/2013, 10:54 AM
New England Republicans were busy all day, every day selling us out to international cabals.

You mean they aren't!?

KantoSooner
5/22/2013, 11:38 AM
You mean they aren't!?

I know, shocking isn't it? Henry Cabot Lodge and Nelson Rockerfeller weren't actually traitors. Mind blowing.

radio
5/22/2013, 12:14 PM
Cointelpro. Provocateur.

MR2-Sooner86
5/22/2013, 12:39 PM
I know, shocking isn't it? Henry Cabot Lodge and Nelson Rockerfeller weren't actually traitors. Mind blowing.

I think you're one of them. I'm onto you.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9886/fry.gif

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 12:43 PM
You've got to find some of his stuff on YouTube.

Here's what's crazy about him, he actually has some views I agree with on some issues, but then he goes so far off the deep end on others that there is no way to take him seriously. Some of his stuff makes you just sit and wonder what in the hell he is on.

Im might do that one night when Im drankin and bored

8timechamps
5/22/2013, 07:45 PM
Its purpose is to conserve angular momentum. I'm not sure why anything in nature (outside of evolution due to it feedback nature) requires a purpose.

There are theories that the laws of nature evolve over time but these aren't mainstream. For the most part, the non-biological world just does whatever it does. The biological world evolves to react to its surroundings.

I know the word powerful is a generic term that doesn't necessarily relate to the scientific concept of power but to be precise it's a more energetic system than an atomic bomb. In terms of power it's not close. Thunderstorms generally have a lot more energy than an atomic bomb but this energy is spread out over great time and distance. That reduces the devastation it can cause. A tornado does collapse much of this energy down to a smaller area and time scale but still nothing like an atomic weapon.

I don't mean to be pedantic but I'd hate to leave the impression a Hiroshima bomb wouldn't be more devastating.

I think most everything in nature does have a purpose. This discussion can quickly become a religious one, and that's where most people differ, but on a basic level, I believe most of nature have evolved to a point that 'un-useful' actions have been weeded out.

KantoSooner
5/23/2013, 08:58 AM
Don't make the mistake of positing evolution as a linear process. We are not, in a biological sense 'higher' than apes, or than microbes. An excellent case could be made, by the way, that the 'most highly evolved' organism on our planet are bacteria. There are more of them out there, either in terms of individuals or in terms of total weight, than all other life forms combined. And they've lasted longer as species.
To say that an animal is so well adapted to its environment that it represents some pinnacle is to mistake cause and effect. Of course it's well adapted: if it wasn't it would be dead.
Thus tornadoes can be seen as inevitable processes of our current weather systems. But make changes that we knew took place in the past, like, say temporarily eliminating the magnetic poles, or changing the oceans to highly acidic seas and we might see very different weather patterns in which tornadoes were either much more or much less prevalent.
Their only 'purpose' may be to exist as by-products of the exchange of heat energy between the tropics and polar regions.