PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone ok?

Ruf/Nek7
5/20/2013, 08:31 PM
I know that this is not the most appropriate place to start this thread but I figured that more people would see it here. I hope everyone is ok up there and will be praying for you guys. I called Oklahoma my home for over 4 years and though I had spent all of my other years in Texas, I still have a place in my heart for OK.

Remember, even in these pressing times, God is with you and always will.

#PrayforOklahoma

MyT Oklahoma
5/20/2013, 08:44 PM
I too also hope that everybody is okay. Tornados are an awful fact of life here in the midwest.

Ruf/Nek7
5/20/2013, 09:01 PM
It saddens me when I see and hear of the carnage and missing children at the Plaza Towers Elementary school. And then you hear about infants and other young children dying. So tough.

DisTex
5/21/2013, 09:34 AM
Thoughts and prayers for the fine people of Oklahoma.
Moore is a favorite overnight stopping point on our many journeys
form College Station to Kansas.

HToady
5/21/2013, 09:47 AM
Son had completed his classes in Norman just the wekk before. Glad the OU students had already left for home before this weather cycle began.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of Moore.

badger
5/21/2013, 10:22 AM
Son had completed his classes in Norman just the wekk before. Glad the OU students had already left for home before this weather cycle began.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of Moore.

President Obama mentioned when he spoke at about 9 that OU has volunteered to open its facilities to house tornado victims.

Way to go OU :)

Thoughts and prayers for the victims

badger
5/21/2013, 12:30 PM
There's really some cool sports-related stuff coming out after this storm.

Welcome to the Big 12, West Virginia (http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/west-virginia-baseball-team-helps-moore)

It's a Poke blog, but it's a good topic so ignore that little fact just long enough to see the photos and info :)

Ruf/Nek7
5/21/2013, 12:48 PM
There's really some cool sports-related stuff coming out after this storm.

Welcome to the Big 12, West Virginia (http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/west-virginia-baseball-team-helps-moore)

It's a Poke blog, but it's a good topic so ignore that little fact just long enough to see the photos and info :)

This is great! Good job WVU...proud of our new members.

badger
5/21/2013, 01:13 PM
Also, he's been in Oklahoma far longer that he was at UT...

Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Thunder_star_Kevin_Durant_makes_1M_tornado_pledge/20130521_226_0_OKLAHO172709?subj=298) (link via Tulsa World)

SoonerStormchaser
5/21/2013, 02:52 PM
There's a lot of peeps at Tinker who are currently deployed who just became homeless...pray for their spouses and kids.

goingoneight
5/21/2013, 05:02 PM
I don't care if Vince Young donates a million and pisses on an OU flag... a million dollars Texan is still a million dollars and one hell of an admirable donation when people need it here. WTG to all volunteers and donors.

baja okla
5/21/2013, 08:53 PM
Kevin Durant is a great guy.

Ruf/Nek7
5/21/2013, 08:59 PM
Matt Kemp of the LA Dodgers will donate $1000 for every homer he hits from now to the All Star game.

Blue
5/21/2013, 09:22 PM
Matt Kemp of the LA Dodgers will donate $1000 for every homer he hits from now to the All Star game.

well at his rate this season they should get about 1000 bucks...:D All kidding aside great gesture. Now get Chris Davis and Robinson Cano on board.

badger
5/22/2013, 08:18 AM
Pretty amazing: (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Bob_Stoops_Loss_of_children_is_heartbreaking/20130521_92_0_OKLAHO657693)

My family actually saw the tornado coming from the west from our back window, literally a mile away...It crossed just north of us, just about a mile from our home, which again is on the north edge of Norman.

Also:

Stoops said none of his players or families have been affected, but OU graduate assistant Corey Callens and assistant strength coach Rodney Rideau had their homes destroyed.

SoonerKnight
5/22/2013, 09:51 AM
I feel lucky today! Very Lucky and my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by this storm! My mom's house barely missed being flattened and my dad just bought a house in Moore that missed being in the way of the tornado by about a mile. I grew up in Moore, OK. I know Moore is a great city and will recover from this.

In the future I hope they build schools with proper shelters. I remember doing the tornado drills as a kid but I always thought to myself even then that it did not seem adequate. I pray that the state figures out a way to make these schools safer for the kids during a storm.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 09:57 AM
I feel lucky today! Very Lucky and my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by this storm! My mom's house barely missed being flattened and my dad just bought a house in Moore that missed being in the way of the tornado by about a mile. I grew up in Moore, OK. I know Moore is a great city and will recover from this.

In the future I hope they build schools with proper shelters. I remember doing the tornado drills as a kid but I always thought to myself even then that it did not seem adequate. I pray that the state figures out a way to make these schools safer for the kids during a storm.

Not sure If anything could have withstood a direct hit from that thing.
All NEW schools should have a Big assed shelter built with it tho. Hell Our little school here has a Nice one right beside it,

SoonerKnight
5/22/2013, 10:03 AM
When I was in 2nd grade I went to a school in Norman it was near the lake kinda in the boonies and the school was under ground. Don't remember the school's name but I remember that it was underground. As far as a shelter stopping the loss of life. I would rather spend the money and try then to not try at all.

olevetonahill
5/22/2013, 10:08 AM
When I was in 2nd grade I went to a school in Norman it was near the lake kinda in the boonies and the school was under ground. Don't remember the school's name but I remember that it was underground. As far as a shelter stopping the loss of life. I would rather spend the money and try then to not try at all.

Agreed, All schools should have them readily available

SoonerKnight
5/22/2013, 10:18 AM
Whats really scary is my mom who is retired works as a substitute teacher. She was at the Towers elementary school all last week and did not get a call to be there the day of the storm.

texaspokieokie
5/22/2013, 05:16 PM
All problems will be solved this week-end. King Obama will be there.

vtsooner21
5/23/2013, 05:28 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with the Sooner Nation from my home state of Vermont.

badger
5/23/2013, 09:23 AM
Sam Bradford has joined in the relief effort

Link via stltoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/nick-pistor/sam-bradford-raises-money-for-tornado-ravaged-hometown-of-oklahoma/article_ff2b24dc-521a-5b4a-8348-f9223c84eac0.html)

Idea: Sell Heisman autographs. The way OU was protecting him (and his signing arm was in a brace most of that last season) meant that a lot of us still have Heisman stuff that needs signing :)

badger
5/23/2013, 12:26 PM
Also... wouldn't you like to have another t-shirt or two? :)

Link via SS.com (http://shop.soonersports.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners/browse/featuredproduct/1306473)

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1306000%2fff_1306 473_xl.jpg&w=400

I think I have a new avatar... ah well, nice knowing you whorn qb

texaspokieokie
5/23/2013, 03:11 PM
I see where Matt Kemp upped his ante to a quarter mil.
From midwest city.

FirstandGoal
5/23/2013, 06:55 PM
I see where Matt Kemp upped his ante to a quarter mil.
From midwest city.

I used to work in MWC and worked with a guy who is good friends with Kemp. He's a real good guy from everything I've heard.

Lott's Bandana
5/23/2013, 07:26 PM
Howzit took a near-miss, is okay and is without power, according to his lovely woman.

olevetonahill
5/23/2013, 07:53 PM
Howzit took a near-miss, is okay and is without power, according to his lovely woman.

As long as Power is all he Lost Im happy