PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young graduates

Mazeppa
5/18/2013, 08:09 PM
Good for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/longhorns-great-vince-young-graduates-university-texas-144944670.html

King Crimson
5/18/2013, 08:31 PM
almost 30 for VY, wow, time goes....hard to believe it's been that long....i'm still mad at Jim Tressel for not beating Texas in 05 at the Shoe. they had those *******s beat....Limas Sweed makes a helluva catch on the sideline...what i remember.

congrats to the Vince, i guess. with that UT degree he will rule the planet i've heard.

yermom
5/18/2013, 10:48 PM
pretty sure both Aggies let them get away with one that year too

you have to hand it to VY. he just killed people in the 2nd half of games that year. no matter what dumb **** he did in the first half. i think Kansas and Missouri had them early too, if i remember right

EDIT - i'm combining some with 2004, but OSU was up 19 at one point. all of them were keeping up for at least a quarter, mostly due to fumbles mcscrambles early on

and sometimes it takes a few years to get it done :O

Mazeppa
5/18/2013, 10:55 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zi92qv.jpg

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 11:12 PM
His Grad Pic.
http://www.iambetterthanyourkids.com/images/DSC00357_iabtyk_bnhj_iabtyk.jpg

Petro-Sooner
5/19/2013, 01:14 AM
What's his degree in? Anything worth using? Perhaps liberal arts, African American studies? You know. The ones that actually help you find a job.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/19/2013, 02:30 AM
NOW he can be an all-pro QB.

King Crimson
5/19/2013, 02:47 AM
you posse guys are up late...

King Crimson
5/19/2013, 02:51 AM
i'm listening to Gram Parsons....semi drunk. been seeing this japanese girl. she's great. wants me to move back to Toyko with her.

SoonerorLater
5/19/2013, 09:55 AM
When I read the line I just assumed you were talking about him getting his GED. A UT gradeate hmm.

olevetonahill
5/19/2013, 10:22 AM
What's his degree in? Anything worth using? Perhaps liberal arts, African American studies? You know. The ones that actually help you find a job.

Education, is what they are saying.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
5/19/2013, 02:20 PM
Education, is what they are saying.

Education? Oh boy! I bet he'd be great! Maybe he can get on somewhere teaching SAT Prep.

olevetonahill
5/19/2013, 03:02 PM
Education? Oh boy! I bet he'd be great! Maybe he can get on somewhere teaching SAT Prep.

Heh, hes gonna teach kindergartners to try to color inside the lines.

badger
5/20/2013, 08:29 AM
But whorns don't graduate from UT. They just buy their t-shirts from Wal Mart

HToady
5/22/2013, 03:34 PM
All he had to do ws pass the Wonderlic to get his degree....that's why it took so long.

5/23/2013, 01:13 AM
All he had to do ws pass the Wonderlic to get his degree....that's why it took so long.Maybe he can be a professor of something or something at the U of T.

sooneron
5/24/2013, 05:16 PM
Maybe he can be a professor of something or something at the U of T.

To be honest, Perry may actually make that happen. :D LOLZ ANYONE can get a degree at UTerus if that double digit moron can!

5/24/2013, 05:23 PM
To be honest, Perry may actually make that happen. :D LOLZ ANYONE can get a degree at UTerus if that double digit moron can!Oh, I see, it's Perry's fault that WonderVince gradumates. I gots it!

goingoneight
5/24/2013, 05:36 PM
This kinda kills their whole argument that you have to be a regular Stephen Hawking to graduate from there.

sooneron
5/25/2013, 09:58 PM
Oh, I see, it's Perry's fault that WonderVince gradumates. I gots it!

No, what he wants to do to ut and other public schools may actually give Radio a fighting chance at a professorship. Herr can enlighten on this one...

Boomer.....
5/28/2013, 07:57 AM
One of the lowest scores ever on the wonderlic, but still manages to graduate. Hmm...

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 09:43 AM
He graduated with an Education degree. It's not the hardest degree plan but it definitely takes hard work. Good for him. As far as UT being a hard school, UT players are regularly out for academic probation. Can OU say the same? And I see the hate is alive and well for VY over here. Wonder why that is?

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 09:53 AM
He graduated with an Education degree. It's not the hardest degree plan but it definitely takes hard work. Good for him. As far as UT being a hard school, UT players are regularly out for academic probation. Can OU say the same? And I see the hate is alive and well for VY over here. Wonder why that is?

Hell dude No one hates him, Everyone Loves the Circus clown

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 10:06 AM

Uh huh. That national championship he helped win the Texas Longhorns has nothing to do with the continued hate he receives from Sooners and Aggies alike almost a decade later.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 10:08 AM
Uh huh. That national championship he helped win the Texas Longhorns has nothing to do with the continued hate he receives from Sooners and Aggies alike almost a decade later.

Like I said I dont HATE the dumb mother ****er. I think he's pitiful. But you go on Basking in the MNC all ya want.

badger
5/28/2013, 10:10 AM

I would agree with this. There are whatable whorns. Vince is more to be pitied than hated on everything from Wonderlic to his NFL exit, etc etc.

Good for him for getting his education (degree) after his pro career ended

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 10:21 AM
Like I said I dont HATE the dumb mother ****er. I think he's pitiful.
Yes. Clearly.

But you go on Basking in the MNC all ya want.
Will do.

XingTheRubicon
5/28/2013, 10:35 AM

Because he was 1-3 vs OU the four years he was on campus?

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 10:35 AM
Yes. Clearly.

Will do.

Hell whorn, I think your a dumb mother ****er also, Yet I dont hate YOU.

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 10:41 AM
Because he was 1-3 vs OU the four years he was on campus?
No, because of this. BTW, the great Adrian Peterson scored a grand total of 1 TD against UT in his entire college career. Was his college career a bust?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIYuFz83x5clVAx_C9voLf_3tkWrBAn 72NMWogYLttL9d19ZOvEL6jLUefLg

badger
5/28/2013, 10:48 AM
To Vince Young's credit, we are now seeing what Texas football looks like when they don't have a good quarterback. For years, Mack Brown was able to hide his clapping coaching behind the likes of Major Applewhite, Chrissy Sims, Vince Young and Colt McCoy. Now that Garrett Gilbert, Other McCoy and David Ash have turned out to be unpassable as Big 12 quarterbacks, you're seeing Mack clap a lot less.

Enjoy your 2005 ring. I don't think Mack Brown teams will get you any more (unless Alamo Bowl rings count)

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 10:54 AM
No, because of this. BTW, the great Adrian Peterson scored a grand total of 1 TD against UT in his entire UT career. Was his college career a bust?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIYuFz83x5clVAx_C9voLf_3tkWrBAn 72NMWogYLttL9d19ZOvEL6jLUefLg

Idiot, Do you forget that Most here were pulling for saxet in the MNC game that year?

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 11:11 AM
Idiot, Do you forget that Most here were pulling for saxet in the MNC game that year?
Yes, you have no anger issues concerning 2005. Clearly. I remember some Sooners pulling against USC more (not for UT - there's a difference) only because they wanted your win streak record to remain in tact.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 11:17 AM
Yes, you have no anger issues concerning 2005. Clearly. I remember some Sooners pulling against USC more (not for UT - there's a difference) only because they wanted your win streak record to remain in tact.

Keep it up Herr and Ima start callin you Vince

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 11:23 AM
Keep it up Herr and Ima start callin you Vince
Oh noooosss.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 11:29 AM
Oh noooosss.

You sompun special.

Fraggle145
5/28/2013, 11:38 AM

I think the reason he gets the ire of Sooner fans is he is deigned as the best qb of the BCS era by some in the media, when it was one good season, and really he was much more up and down in that season than is realized. He always came back in games, but there was a reason Texas was down in a lot of games in the first place. BTW, who was the QB the last time UT was shutout? I'll give ya a hint...

Tear Down This Wall
5/28/2013, 12:12 PM
To Vince Young's credit, we are now seeing what Texas football looks like when they don't have a good quarterback. For years, Mack Brown was able to hide his clapping coaching behind the likes of Major Applewhite, Chrissy Sims, Vince Young and Colt McCoy. Now that Garrett Gilbert, Other McCoy and David Ash have turned out to be unpassable as Big 12 quarterbacks, you're seeing Mack clap a lot less.

Enjoy your 2005 ring. I don't think Mack Brown teams will get you any more (unless Alamo Bowl rings count)

Actually, their QB decline began when they ditched Greg Davis. Brown's sin was caving to the insatiable masses, pinning what few losses they had during the Brown Era on Davis. Losing their SEC defensive coordinators didn't help either.

We do the same thing here: The head coach can't be wrong, let fire some assistants.

5/28/2013, 12:33 PM
Uh huh. That national championship he helped win the Texas Longhorns has nothing to do with the continued hate he receives from Sooners and Aggies alike almost a decade later.Srsly, many Sooners appreciate that he engineered the win over the usuckers to stop their long and scary winning streak, as it was getting FAR too close to our 47 game all-time record win streak.

KantoSooner

You're right. We should let it go. In fact, we should just mellow out regarding our 'rivalry' with UT. It's been so long since the game has been seriously competitive past the half, it seems like a waste of emotion.

badger
Actually, their QB decline began when they ditched Greg Davis.

I dunno man --- 5-7 was Greg Davis' final season. Their quarterback play looked 100 percent sh!tty that year... well, cept against Nebraska.

RED OUT AROUND THE WORLD lol

Piware
5/28/2013, 01:37 PM
I wonder if they will let him re-take the Wonderlic to try and improve his score. You know, like the SATs.

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 02:29 PM
You're right. We should let it go. In fact, we should just mellow out regarding our 'rivalry' with UT. It's been so long since the game has been seriously competitive past the half, it seems like a waste of emotion.

No, keep the rivalry going by all means. It's one of the best in the nation. Just pointing out that the continued hate of VY (which is evidenced by vitriol at a story of him earning a college degree of all things - which most view as a positive accomplishment) stems from the national title he won us. Also that Peterson didn't win one against the same team a year prior.

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 02:42 PM
No, keep the rivalry going by all means. It's one of the best in the nation. Just pointing out that the continued hate of VY (which is evidenced by vitriol at a story of him earning a college degree of all things - which most view as a positive accomplishment) stems from the national title he won us. Also that Peterson didn't win one against the same team a year prior.

Your delusional,No one here is hating on , we are Laughing at him and his 6 score gettin a degree. Personally Im glad he did, its gonna be about the only thing people cant screw him out of.

Herr Scholz
5/28/2013, 02:59 PM
Your delusional,No one here is hating on , we are Laughing at him and his 6 score gettin a degree. Personally Im glad he did, its gonna be about the only thing people cant screw him out of.
And why are you laughing at him? There are plenty of people who don't reach their potential every day, so why him for 8 straight years now? Because you have a deap seated anger at him (whether you'll admit it or not) for winning it all when your star couldn't. BTW, he scored a 15 on that test. And you might want to check the numerous grammatical errors in your own post (in the double digits) before you throw the book at someone else's education.

KantoSooner
5/28/2013, 03:06 PM
Herr, fair warning, and you've been around here long enough to know better, but you're letting your annoyance get the better of you and thus getting Vet under your skin.
Those aren't grammatical errors, those're perfectly correct usages of Oachita-ese, a little known dialect spoken only in select parts of OK/AR/TX. Blending Anglo-Celtic truculance with Germanic formaility and love of oddball rules and a smattering of Ebonics, then filtered through a life of whisky and chaw, it is not a dialect that is easily penetrable to the outlander.

Go with it.

OUmillenium
5/28/2013, 03:50 PM
You mean he just now graduated from HS? Wow, I knew the whorns disregarded NCAA regulations for entering Freshman but this takes the cake. Think he will retake the wonderlic in hopes of kicking his score up to a 7?

;>

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 04:29 PM
And why are you laughing at him? There are plenty of people who don't reach their potential every day, so why him for 8 straight years now? Because you have a deap seated anger at him (whether you'll admit it or not) for winning it all when your star couldn't. BTW, he scored a 15 on that test. And you might want to check the numerous grammatical errors in your own post (in the double digits) before you throw the book at someone else's education.

Ur Funny.
He scored a 16 after retaking the test and being coached thru it 15 out of 50, Dudes an Einstein

sooneron
5/29/2013, 07:04 AM
No, because of this. BTW, the great Adrian Peterson scored a grand total of 1 TD against UT in his entire college career. Was his college career a bust?

C'mon, even you know you're reaching by comparing a rb's affect on W/L compared to a qb's.

Tear Down This Wall
5/29/2013, 08:01 AM
I dunno man --- 5-7 was Greg Davis' final season. Their quarterback play looked 100 percent sh!tty that year... well, cept against Nebraska.

RED OUT AROUND THE WORLD lol

Geez! You're right. They've sucked for so long now, all the years kind of start to run together. Do they still have track players who can't catch on the team, or was that a few years ago as well?

Sooners78
6/1/2013, 10:39 AM
Suddenly, my college degree from a big 12 university (OU) has lost it's value.

Eielson
6/1/2013, 11:19 AM
This has nothing to do with hatred for Vince Young's one good year of football. It's about that fact that he's notoriously dumb, and still got a degree from a prestigious university. There is no way he could have attained that if he weren't a football player. Congrats to him, though, I guess. We would draw attention to Claiborne if he graduated from LSU, and we never even played against him.

badger
6/3/2013, 12:33 PM
Suddenly, my college degree from a big 12 university (OU) has lost it's value.

we got a flier from osu-tulsa the other day (spoiler: my real location is not "doing my nails") and it actually advertised the fact that you could get a degree from a big 12 university. no joke. it arrived friday i think.

Geez! You're right. They've sucked for so long now, all the years kind of start to run together. Do they still have track players who can't catch on the team, or was that a few years ago as well?

i really have no idea. the only reason i remember the 5-7 year's quarterbacking was because of how hyped Garrett Gilbert was post-Bammer loss (coming in for injured Colt and all in the title game) and then completely underwhelming everyone.

while being a Bevo TV subscriber (via AT&T Uverse, not by my choice) has allowed me more insider access to the whorn football program, I have admittedly squandered it most of the past year.

Eielson
6/3/2013, 10:14 PM

They had Goodwin. Incredible athlete. Horribly underutilized. One more point for Mack!