PDA

View Full Version : What has been the worst controversy of Obama's second term thus far?

badger
5/16/2013, 02:16 PM
Benghazi?

IRS?

AP?

Or write in your own...

As usual, 3 days of anonymous voting. Because of the topic, only choose one option

badger
5/16/2013, 02:22 PM
I voted for IRS/conservative groups. I feel that this is Watergate-level bad and brings all of the Chicago politician stereotypes to life.

It tarnishes any bipartisan legacy or support he might have once had. I am sure some Republican friends will forgive him, like Tom Coburn perhaps, but will never fully trust him again.

I also think that this, combined with Benghazi and Associated Press, will turn any undecided, moderate voters in a rightward direction. It's absolutely sad and pathetic.

Curly Bill
5/16/2013, 02:25 PM
I like that there's so many of em for them to try and dig their way out of! That oughta be able to keep em from focusing on gun control and other issues they could surely mess up.

badger
5/16/2013, 02:28 PM
I like that there's so many of em for them to try and dig their way out of! That oughta be able to keep em from focusing on gun control and other issues they could surely mess up.

I wasn't like Rush in that I didn't want Obama to fail. I wanted him to lead the country to prosperity --- lots of jobs, low unemployment, better health, better education, better infrastructure, I wanted it all, and since Obama was the current president, I was fine with getting it all under his watch.

I don't like that there's so much embarrassment to choose from. The elected leader of our country reflects poorly on all of us to the rest of the world, after all.

Curly Bill
5/16/2013, 02:30 PM
I wasn't like Rush in that I didn't want Obama to fail. I wanted him to lead the country to prosperity --- lots of jobs, low unemployment, better health, better education, better infrastructure, I wanted it all, and since Obama was the current president, I was fine with getting it all under his watch.

I don't like that there's so much embarrassment to choose from. The elected leader of our country reflects poorly on all of us to the rest of the world, after all.

I knew Obammy was never gonna do any of those good things you mention, so much like RUSH I did want him to fail, and with the exception of ObammyCare, which while a success for him is gonna be a colossal failure for the country, he has failed.

Now I'm enjoying watching the wheels come off the bus.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 02:31 PM
I never "WANTED" him to fail. I did however Know he was going to.

Curly Bill
5/16/2013, 02:31 PM
...and yeah, the fact the American people elected him twice reflects very poorly on us!

sooner_born_1960
5/16/2013, 02:32 PM
But Bush couldn't pronounce "nuclear" correctly. So, was is a bad president.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 02:32 PM
Oh and where is the All the above option, Plus you forgot about his Lettin his Buddies in the wind energy Kill those Bald Eagles and get away with it .

badger
5/16/2013, 02:42 PM
Oh and where is the All the above option, Plus you forgot about his Lettin his Buddies in the wind energy Kill those Bald Eagles and get away with it .

:mad: I'm going to take a giant firehose and erode the hill you're standing on, old veteran. Then you're going to have to change your username to olevetonapuddle

... are you being serious? If so, I can't change polls once posted.

TAFBSooner
5/16/2013, 02:50 PM

It was golden eagles, so 'twas bad for the Green in me, but not so much of a much for the Red, White, and Blue.

ouwasp
5/16/2013, 02:53 PM
hmmm... I'll go with Benghazi, hoping this will somehow keep Hillary from becoming prez...

TAFBSooner
5/16/2013, 03:06 PM
Going after the press was the worst (of these three) for me.

The IRS thing is bad but the real problem is that groups that do any political activity can get a tax-exempt status.

Benghazi is really bad, but I'm distracted by the fact that no one is at all concerned that the Bush Administration should have known about 9/11 and prevented it (and hid from the truth during the later 9/11 commission investigation). That was even grosser incompetence: he ignored his terrorism advisor because he was a holdover from Clinton, he ignored his own CIA briefers, and he generally ignored the terrorism threat because he was more interested in Iraq and China. This does not mean that Obama gets a pass because, Bush; it does color my assessment of folks who were fine with Bush the Lesser but now are sooo upset at Obama.

After thinking about write-ins, I would put Congress giving Obama and future presidents the authority to kill people in the United States without trial when they are not engaged in terrorist acts (NDAA) at the top of the list.

C&CDean
5/16/2013, 03:16 PM

The IRS thing is bad but the real problem is that groups that do any political activity can get a tax-exempt status.

Benghazi is really bad, but I'm distracted by the fact that no one is at all concerned that the Bush Administration should have known about 9/11 and prevented it (and hid from the truth during the later 9/11 commission investigation). That was even grosser incompetence: he ignored his terrorism advisor because he was a holdover from Clinton, he ignored his own CIA briefers, and he generally ignored the terrorism threat because he was more interested in Iraq and China. This does not mean that Obama gets a pass because, Bush; it does color my assessment of folks who were fine with Bush the Lesser but now are sooo upset at Obama.

After thinking about write-ins, I would put Congress giving Obama and future presidents the authority to kill people in the United States without trial when they are not engaged in terrorist acts (NDAA) at the top of the list.

Spin.

The real question is: would you vote for him if he could run again? Sickeningly, I think the answer would be yes. You and several million other fools.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 03:17 PM
:mad: I'm going to take a giant firehose and erode the hill you're standing on, old veteran. Then you're going to have to change your username to olevetonapuddle

... are you being serious? If so, I can't change polls once posted.

It was golden eagles, so 'twas bad for the Green in me, but not so much of a much for the Red, White, and Blue.

Heres the Article Bagj Oh an TAFB, does it really matter if it was a Bald or a Golden? They both are covered under the Protection act that obammy is ignoring in favor of the Pet project of his called "WindFarms"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/may/14/us-windfarms-eagle-deaths

diverdog
5/16/2013, 04:11 PM
None of this will stick.

He has done a lot of damage control on the IRS and as long as it is confined to a few offices this will not hurt him. Firing Miller was a good move.

The AP story will also go away. The Republicans, McCain, was after the administration to find out who outed an operative and they have been following through.

My political instincts tell me that Benghazi will also disappear. Mullin and Pickering are itching for a fight with Issa and I think he has over played his hand. Now that the emails have been handed over I think things will die down. There will be a little blow back on the CIA.

Obama is also going to see better economic numbers and the deficit is shrinking. The Republicans better start to figure out a message or they could have a tough mid year.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 04:16 PM
None of this will stick.

He has done a lot of damage control on the IRS and as long as it is confined to a few offices this will not hurt him. Firing Miller was a good move.

The AP story will also go away. The Republicans, McCain, was after the administration to find out who outed an operative and they have been following through.

My political instincts tell me that Benghazi will also disappear. Mullin and Pickering are itching for a fight with Issa and I think he has over played his hand. Now that the emails have been handed over I think things will die down. There will be a little blow back on the CIA.

Obama is also going to see better economic numbers and the deficit is shrinking. The Republicans better start to figure out a message or they could have a tough mid year.

Did you Not read that Miller only had 3 weeks or so left in that Job before he was OUT anyway?
You HOPE this will go away. I think Hes done Piszed off the Media that slobbered all over his knob and Now hes gonna get it with both barrels.

REDREX
5/16/2013, 04:18 PM
None of this will stick.

Obama is also going to see better economic numbers and the deficit is shrinking. The Republicans better start to figure out a message or they could have a tough mid year.-----Why do you defend these idiots ?-----The only way unemployment will get back to 6.5% is 3 million more people stop looking for work----the economic numbers are not getting much better , but it is only year 5 of Barack's term

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 04:23 PM
I voted "Other" simply cause ya dint have the all of the above option nor did ya include the Eagle Killin.:tongue:

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 04:34 PM
Here ya go DD. dude was gone on June 8th anyway, from what I understand he will not leave until then either.
http://news.yahoo.com/fired-irs-commissioner-planned-leave-post-june-164144426.html

Soonerjeepman
5/16/2013, 04:44 PM

ummm...and his own pick Sebalis (sp?) getting caught bribing obamacare providers...

His appointments to the labor board being invalid because of recess...

Soonerjeepman
5/16/2013, 04:48 PM

really? link for info?

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 04:55 PM
really? link for info?

What they choose to get amnesia about is W had only been in office a tad over 8 months. He and his group were still gettin up to speed on what all was happening

diverdog
5/16/2013, 05:06 PM
Here ya go DD. dude was gone on June 8th anyway, from what I understand he will not leave until then either.
http://news.yahoo.com/fired-irs-commissioner-planned-leave-post-june-164144426.html

Vet:

I am not defending anyone. This is how I see it playing out. You guys pounced all over me when I said Holder would not get fired over Fast and Furious or that anything would come out of it. I said the same thing about Solyndra and the other green energy failures. Guess who was right?

Issa has a terrible track record on these investigations and I do not see it changing. Obama has some good handlers and they will get out in front of this. A bunch of people may lose their jobs but Obama is not going to be one of them.

Just say'in.

diverdog
5/16/2013, 05:11 PM
-----Why do you defend these idiots ?-----The only way unemployment will get back to 6.5% is 3 million more people stop looking for work----the economic numbers are not getting much better , but it is only year 5 of Barack's term

They are slowly getting better. Have you seen the latest CBO deficit projections?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/budget-deficit-cbo-estimate/2158945/

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-gdp-growth.png?s=gdp+cqoq

REDREX
5/16/2013, 05:14 PM
They are slowly getting better. Have you seen the latest CBO deficit projections?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/budget-deficit-cbo-estimate/2158945/

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-gdp-growth.png?s=gdp+cqoq----So what they are still pissing money away at near record rates----Why would anyone be happy about those numbers?

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 05:15 PM
Vet:

I am not defending anyone. This is how I see it playing out. You guys pounced all over me when I said Holder would not get fired over Fast and Furious or that anything would come out of it. I said the same thing about Solyndra and the other green energy failures. Guess who was right?

Issa has a terrible track record on these investigations and I do not see it changing. Obama has some good handlers and they will get out in front of this. A bunch of people may lose their jobs but Obama is not going to be one of them.

Just say'in.

Dont say YOU guys. I dont argue Politics Much I just stir the Pot.:fat:
That I never said obammy would lose his job. Just all credibility

TitoMorelli
5/16/2013, 10:03 PM
Ouch. From Dennis Miller -

The difference between Obama and Nixon is that Obama will require "I am not a crook" on a prompter.

sappstuf
5/17/2013, 05:08 AM
Vet:

Just say'in.

They have been doing a bangup job the last week or so....

Did you hear Obama at the press conference yesterday? Here is the question:

Mr. President, I want to ask you about the IRS. Can you assure the American people that nobody in the White House knew about the agency’s actions before your Counsel’s Office found out on April 22nd?

Simple question. Did anyone in the White House know about the agency's actions.

Here is his full response because I don't want to be accused of taking things out of context, but I will highlight some areas because he rambles...

Well, with respect to the IRS, I spoke to this yesterday. My main concern is fixing a problem, and we began that process yesterday by asking and accepting the resignation of the Acting Director there. We will be putting in new leadership that will be able to make sure that — following up on the IG audit — that we gather up all the facts, that we hold accountable those who have taken these outrageous actions. As I said last night, it is just simply unacceptable for there to even be a hint of partisanship or ideology when it comes to the application of our tax laws.

I am going to go ahead and ask folks — why don't we get a couple of Marines, they're going to look good next to us — (laughter) — just because I've got a change of suits — (laughter) — but I don't know about our Prime Minister. There we go. That's good. You guys I'm sorry about. (Laughter.)

But let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press. Typically, the IG reports are not supposed to be widely distributed or shared. They tend to be a process that everybody is trying to protect the integrity of. But what I'm absolutely certain of is that the actions that were described in that IG report are unacceptable.

So in addition to making sure that we've got a new acting director there, we're also going to make sure that we gather up the facts, and hold accountable and responsible anybody who was involved in this. We're going to make sure that we identify any structural or management issues to prevent something like this from happening again. We're going to make sure that we are accepting all of the recommendations that the IG has in the report.

And I'm looking forward to working with Congress to fully investigate what happened, make sure that it doesn’t happen again, and also look at some of the laws that create a bunch of ambiguity in which the IRS may not have enough guidance and not be clear about what exactly they need to be doing and doing it right, so that the American people have confidence that the tax laws are being applied fairly and evenly.

So in terms of the White House and reporting, I think that you've gotten that information from Mr. Carney and others. I promise you this — that the minute I found out about it, then my main focus is making sure we get the thing fixed. I think that it's going to be sufficient for us to be working with Congress. They've got a whole bunch of committees. We've got IGs already there.

The IG has done an audit; it's now my understanding they're going to be recommending an investigation. And Attorney General Holder also announced a criminal investigation of what happened. Between those investigations, I think we’re going to be able to figure out exactly what happened, who was involved, what went wrong, and we’re going to be able to implement steps to fix it.

And that, ultimately, is the main priority that I have, but also I think the American people have. They understand that we’ve got an agency that has enormous potential power and is involved in everybody’s lives. And that’s part of the reason why it’s been treated as a quasi-independent institution. But that’s also why we’ve got to make sure that it is doing its job scrupulously and without even a hint of bias, or a hint that somehow they’re favoring one group over another.

And, as I said yesterday, I’m outraged by this in part because, look, I’m a public figure — if a future administration is starting to use the tax laws to favor one party over another or one political view over another, obviously we’re all vulnerable. And that’s why, as I’ve said, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican, you should be equally outraged at even the prospect that the IRS might not be acting with the kind of complete neutrality that we expect.

And I think we’re going to be able to fix it. We’re going to be able to get it done, and we’ve already begun that progress and we’re going to keep on going until it’s finished.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/obama-transcript-irs-benghazi-ap-syria-91497_Page3.html#ixzz2TXgiG8fs

The specific question was did anyone in the White House know about IRS actions. He CLEARLY sidesteps the question. "But let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press."

She didn't ask about the IG report. She asked if anyone in his administration knew about the IRS actions. He does not answer and then rambles for 5 minutes as he usually does.

He also never defends anyone else in the White House, always saying "I" didn't know...

After Clinton and "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.", Obama's response sounds suspicious.

Just wait until the missing 20 minutes surfaces... ;)

diverdog
5/17/2013, 06:17 AM
They have been doing a bangup job the last week or so....

Did you hear Obama at the press conference yesterday? Here is the question:

Simple question. Did anyone in the White House know about the agency's actions.

Here is his full response because I don't want to be accused of taking things out of context, but I will highlight some areas because he rambles...

The specific question was did anyone in the White House know about IRS actions. He CLEARLY sidesteps the question. "But let me make sure that I answer your specific question. I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press."

She didn't ask about the IG report. She asked if anyone in his administration knew about the IRS actions. He does not answer and then rambles for 5 minutes as he usually does.

He also never defends anyone else in the White House, always saying "I" didn't know...

After Clinton and "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.", Obama's response sounds suspicious.

Just wait until the missing 20 minutes surfaces... ;)

Ever the jail house lawyer. :). We will see. I do hope they get to the bottom of this and then I hope congress gives the IRS more direction. Ultimately they created this monster.

Did you see CBS news last night? It appears the Republicans have been changing the text of some of the Benghazi emails.

sappstuf
5/17/2013, 06:35 AM
ummm...and his own pick Sebalis (sp?) getting caught bribing obamacare providers...

His appointments to the labor board being invalid because of recess...

That one is rather humorous just because 2 seperate courts have ruled against Obama. Who would have known that the president wasn't the one that declares when the Senate was or wan't in recess.

You would think a constitutional scholar would have known better.... Guess not.

sappstuf
5/17/2013, 06:38 AM
Ever the jail house lawyer. :). We will see. I do hope they get to the bottom of this and then I hope congress gives the IRS more direction. Ultimately they created this monster.

Did you see CBS news last night? It appears the Republicans have been changing the text of some of the Benghazi emails.

I don't get CBS news over here... How would they have changed the text? The White House is the one that released the 100 pages of email and they were PDF scans.

I did see that the IRS guy that was fired had only had the job for a week and the person who was actually running the tax-exempt section at the IRS is now in charge of the IRS Obamacare office... Nice.

diverdog
5/17/2013, 07:13 AM
I don't get CBS news over here... How would they have changed the text? The White House is the one that released the 100 pages of email and they were PDF scans.

I did see that the IRS guy that was fired had only had the job for a week and the person who was actually running the tax-exempt section at the IRS is now in charge of the IRS Obamacare office... Nice.

They changed it in their talking points to the press. In other words what they released to the press was not accurate.

Lerner is the one in the IRS that needs to be fired. I think someone else resigned yesterday.

sappstuf
5/17/2013, 07:26 AM
They changed it in their talking points to the press. In other words what they released to the press was not accurate.

Lerner is the one in the IRS that needs to be fired. I think someone else resigned yesterday.

I still don't understand what you mean with the talking points.

It isn't Lerner... Or not just Lerner:

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/#.UZVeM5g4Tdw.twitter

diverdog
5/17/2013, 08:39 AM
I still don't understand what you mean with the talking points.

It isn't Lerner... Or not just Lerner:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/#.UZVeM5g4Tdw.twitter

Here you go:

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?catid=57584947&feed_id=0&videofeed=36

TAFBSooner
5/17/2013, 09:52 AM
What they choose to get amnesia about is W had only been in office a tad over 8 months. He and his group were still gettin up to speed on what all was happening

The problem is they deliberately ignored warnings about terrorism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke#Early_warnings_about_Al-Qaeda_threat

Clarke stayed on from the Clinton administration. Maybe they dissed his warnings because they didn't give Clinton any credit, maybe Cheney and Rumsfeld couldn't comprehend that non-state actors could be a threat, maybe they were concentrating on Middle Eastern countries (cough Iraq) because that's what neocons do. For whatever reason, they actively ignored Clarke and Tenet.

There's also the 6 August briefing where Bush told the CIA briefer "OK, you've covered your ***, now."
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_08/014448.php

sappstuf
5/17/2013, 01:09 PM
Here you go:

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?catid=57584947&feed_id=0&videofeed=36

So some of the quotes that were leaked, were not exactly right... Read the 100 pages of emails. What was going on and who pushed the changes becomes evidently clear.

A video was never mentioned... Ever. Where did it come from? The hammer waiting to drop is the September 15th meeting. The White House will not even confirm who was present. It appears it is in that meeting that the video became the major point in the talking points instead of what the actual evidence was pointing towards.

I think a transcript of that meeting will end some careers.

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2013, 01:35 PM
The problem is they deliberately ignored warnings about terrorism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke#Early_warnings_about_Al-Qaeda_threat

Clarke stayed on from the Clinton administration. Maybe they dissed his warnings because they didn't give Clinton any credit, maybe Cheney and Rumsfeld couldn't comprehend that non-state actors could be a threat, maybe they were concentrating on Middle Eastern countries (cough Iraq) because that's what neocons do. For whatever reason, they actively ignored Clarke and Tenet.

There's also the 6 August briefing where Bush told the CIA briefer "OK, you've covered your ***, now."
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_08/014448.php

Yeah, it would mirror Benghazi if AQ blew a 40 foot hole in the World Trade Center #1 and shot out 3 floors of glass in WTC #2 in May and June of '01 leading up to 9/11.

sappstuf
5/18/2013, 02:01 AM
http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/05/nixon-copy.jpg

MR2-Sooner86
5/18/2013, 06:44 AM
I selected IRS and the reason for that is the blowback that is and will continue to happen. Seeing as how they did this and they'll be in charge of running Obamacare, I'm seeing a whole lot of people starting to put two and two together and worry about political ideology and healthcare. Things that were joked about during the passing of Obamacare, like giving Democrats care over Republicans, are now closer to reality than many of the left would care to admit.

soonerhubs
5/18/2013, 06:53 AM
The bias bull **** shall now resume. This story title makes it sound like dear leader overcame cancer or something. ****ing lemmings: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/obama-agenda-seems-be-weathering-controversies

diverdog
5/18/2013, 06:53 AM
So some of the quotes that were leaked, were not exactly right... Read the 100 pages of emails. What was going on and who pushed the changes becomes evidently clear.

A video was never mentioned... Ever. Where did it come from? The hammer waiting to drop is the September 15th meeting. The White House will not even confirm who was present. It appears it is in that meeting that the video became the major point in the talking points instead of what the actual evidence was pointing towards.

I think a transcript of that meeting will end some careers.

Do tell.

MR2-Sooner86
5/18/2013, 07:28 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d0b01d78ebdf81b8824e8e546d3501ac/tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif

Two Congressmen are asking the Treasury Department if it inappropriately scrutinized conservative-owned businesses the same way it targeted Tea Party groups filing for tax-exempt status.
Republicans Mike Kelly (PA-03) and Jim Renacci (OH-16) circulated a letter Thursday requesting Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to release documents detailing the process and methodology the Automotive Task Force used to shut down General Motors dealerships in 2009 during the automotive industry crisis. (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/17/congressmen-letter-GM-closures)

Uh oh...

Over the last three years, Democratic senators repeatedly and publicly pressured the IRS to engage in the very activities that they are only now condemning today. At the same time, Republicans repeatedly and publicly warned against this abuse of government power and pointed to a series of red flags that strongly suggested conservative political organizations were being targeted by the IRS. Those warnings were deliberately ignored by the Obama administration and Democratic leaders in Congress.

As the New York Times reported back in 2010 (http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/brian-walsh/2013/05/14/senate-democrats-pushed-for-irs-tea-party-snooping-before-criticizing-it) :

With growing scrutiny of the role of tax-exempt groups in political campaigns, Congressional Republicans are pushing back against Democrats by warning about the possible misuse of the Internal Revenue Service to audit conservative groups….And the Republicans are also upset about an I.R.S. review requested by Senator Max Baucus, the Montana Democrat who leads the Finance Committee, into the political activities of tax-exempt groups. Such a review threatens to "chill the legitimate exercise of First Amendment rights," wrote two Republican senators, Orrin G. Hatch of Utah and Jon Kyl of Arizona, in a letter sent to the I.R.S. on Wednesday. ... Democrats dismissed the Republicans' complaints as groundless.

pphilfran
5/18/2013, 11:26 AM
I don't think any of the them have much teeth...

Bengasi - some really poor decisions were made but it won't stick at the top...
IRS - nuttin
AP - this could burn his *** because the press isn't going to cut him much slack for an extended period of time

okiewaker
5/18/2013, 11:57 AM
Problem is you can't get TRUE facts anywhere b/c media outlets on all platforms are biased one side or the other. Ima just sit back, drink a beer, and watch these idiots go at it.

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 12:01 PM
Problem is you can't get TRUE facts anywhere b/c media outlets on all platforms are biased one side or the other. Ima just sit back, drink a beer.

FIFY

okiewaker
5/18/2013, 12:07 PM
Vet,,,did it need fixin? Washington is full of idiots.

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 12:18 PM
Vet,,,did it need fixin? Washington is full of idiots.

True But I aint watchin em :sneakiness:

soonerhubs
5/18/2013, 03:44 PM
I don't think any of the them have much teeth...

Bengasi - some really poor decisions were made but it won't stick at the top...
IRS - nuttin
AP - this could burn his *** because the press isn't going to cut him much slack for an extended period of time

With all due respect, how is the blatant corruption of the IRS nothing?
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-irs-deliberately-chose-not-fess-scandal-election_724711.html

okiewaker
5/18/2013, 04:02 PM
The IRS apoligized, they KNEW they messed up. And,,,they fired some people. So I choose IRS.

soonerhubs
5/18/2013, 04:13 PM
The IRS apoligized, they KNEW they messed up. And,,,they fired done people. So I choose IRS.

They said sorry for ****ing over the electoral process, so I forgive them. ;)

radio
5/18/2013, 11:00 PM
n/m

sappstuf
5/20/2013, 05:11 AM
None of this will stick.

He has done a lot of damage control on the IRS and as long as it is confined to a few offices this will not hurt him. Firing Miller was a good move.The AP story will also go away. The Republicans, McCain, was after the administration to find out who outed an operative and they have been following through.

But they didn't fire the girl who was actually in charge of the tax exempt organization applications... Nope she was promoted to be the chief of the Obamacare section...

The White House defender her this weekend:

Before everyone in this town convicts this person in the court of public opinion with no evidence, let’s actually get the facts and make decisions after that. There’s nothing that suggests she did anything wrong,”

If we had a good press, the immediate response should have been, "Exactly what did Miller do to be fired?". A perfect question.

So the administration's girl is shielded from any repercussion, for now, and Obama can act like he did something.

sappstuf
5/20/2013, 10:24 PM

It isn't looking like jail house lawyer now.... It looks like I was exactly right.

Carney said at a briefing a week ago: ”My understanding is that the White House Counsel’s Office was alerted in the week of April 22nd of this year, only about the fact that the IG was finishing a review about matters involving the office in Cincinnati. But that’s all they were informed as a normal sort of heads up.”

And two days later, Carney described the notification as “a top-line notification,” adding: “[I]t was also made clear that the matter was still under review and not completed.”

But in Monday’s briefing, he revealed that after White House counsel Kathryn Ruemmler was informed that the probe was coming to its conclusion, she told White House chief of staff Denis McDonough and other senior White House staff. Carney also said that Ruemmler was made aware of the report’s key finding: that IRS personnel had improperly targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny. And he added that the White House then held meetings with the Treasury Department to discuss strategy for responding to the report.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/20/white-house-story-on-irs-targeting-evolves/

Now we are up to the Chief of Staff of the President... That didn't take long did it? And White House meetings to discuss strategy on how to respond?? The president is a liar. He knew.

I will just point out where this story is coming from.. MSNBC. Not exactly a right-wing website..

diverdog
5/21/2013, 05:56 AM
It isn't looking like jail house lawyer now.... It looks like I was exactly right.

Now we are up to the Chief of Staff of the President... That didn't take long did it? And White House meetings to discuss strategy on how to respond?? The president is a liar. He knew.

I will just point out where this story is coming from.. MSNBC. Not exactly a right-wing website..

Well you left this out:

. Carney also said that the information wasn’t shared with the president, suggesting that this was done to avoid any chance of improper intervention in the IG report.“The cardinal rule is that you do not intervene in an independent investigation,” Carney said.

sappstuf
5/21/2013, 06:11 AM
Well you left this out:

So you can inform the president's Chief of Staff and the White House Counsel, and other senior White House officials but not the president?? That is your story?

Besides:

Carney also said that Ruemmler was made aware of the report’s key finding: that IRS personnel had improperly targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny.

If the report already had "key findings" the opportunity for the president to "intervene" is pretty much over. Why would you buy Carney's spin?

Everybody in the White House knew, but somehow the president didn't.... Yeah.

sappstuf
5/21/2013, 08:07 AM
Back to Benghazi...

Sounds like this guy should testify before Congress.

Following the attack in Benghazi, senior State Department officials close to Hillary Clinton ordered the removal of a mid-level official who had no role in security decisions and has never been told the charges against him. He is now accusing Clinton’s team of scapegoating him for the failures that led to the death of four Americans last year.

“I had no involvement to any degree with decisions on security and the funding of security at our diplomatic mission in Benghazi,” he said.

Since the leave is not considered a formal disciplinary action, Maxwell has no means to appeal the status, as he would if he had been outright fired. To this day, he says, nobody from the State Department has ever told him why he was singled out for discipline. He has never had access to the classified portion of the ARB report, where all of the details regarding personnel failures leading up to Benghazi are confined. He also says he has never been shown any evidence or witness testimony linking him to the Benghazi incident.

Sounds like the Obama administration found their patsy and that is that.

Who did this?

The decision to place Maxwell on administrative leave was made by Clinton’s chief of staff Cheryl Mills, according to three State Department officials with direct knowledge of the events. On the day after the unclassified version of the ARB’s report was released in December, Mills called Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones and directed her to have Maxwell leave his job immediately.

"Cheryl Mills directed me to remove you immediately from the [deputy assistant secretary] position," Jones told Maxwell, according to Maxwell.

The decision to remove Maxwell and not Jones seems to conflict with the finding of the ARB that responsibility for the security failures leading up to the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi should fall on more senior officials.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/20/exclusive-hillary-s-benghazi-scapegoat-speaks-out.html

Cheryl Mills has worked for the Clintons for decades. And if her name sounds familiar, it should. Hicks testified that she called him irate when a White House lawyer without the proper clearances was not allowed in a briefing in Libya after the attack.

This guy and since her name has been brought up twice, Cheryl Mills should both receive a subpoena from Congress.

Mid-level guys like this and the IRS guys are not going to fall on the sword for Obama or Hillary. Cheryl Mills won't roll over, but she might end up having to protect herself and pleading the 5th.

Meanwhile, Obama just found out about this when he read this post... He knows nothing and is never briefed.

sappstuf
5/21/2013, 11:19 AM

Washington Post gave the claim that Repubs changed the email to smear the president 3 pinocchios...

I thing that is better than the average for the Obama administration the last 6 weeks or so..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-white-house-claim-of-doctored-e-mails-to-smear-the-president/2013/05/20/a23343b6-c19e-11e2-8bd8-2788030e6b44_blog.html?wprss=rss_fact-checker

We are seeing what the Obama administration is built on though...

Pinocchios all the way down.

https://drupal7.nationalreview.com/sites/default/files/uploaded/Pinnochios.jpg

diverdog
5/21/2013, 01:26 PM
So you can inform the president's Chief of Staff and the White House Counsel, and other senior White House officials but not the president?? That is your story?

Besides:

If the report already had "key findings" the opportunity for the president to "intervene" is pretty much over. Why would you buy Carney's spin?

Everybody in the White House knew, but somehow the president didn't.... Yeah.

All Presidents are highly insulated...handled. I do not care who is in office.

sappstuf
5/21/2013, 02:44 PM
All Presidents are highly insulated...handled. I do not care who is in office.

Is that a defense? The Chief of Staff is the gatekeeper for all things that goes to whomever... I've dealt with a couple in my days.

It is fairly easy to tell Obama isn't upset with his COS..... He hasn't fired him.

sappstuf
5/21/2013, 02:47 PM
The first of many from this administration...

"A top IRS official in the division that reviews nonprofit groups will invoke the Fifth Amendment and refuse to answer questions before a House committee investigating the agency’s improper screening of conservative nonprofit groups," reports the Times.

"Lois Lerner, the head of the exempt organizations division of the IRS, won’t answer questions about what she knew about the improper screening – or why she didn’t reveal it toCongress, according to a letter from her defense lawyer, William W. Taylor 3rd.

"Lerner was scheduled to appear before the House Oversight committee Wednesday."

I would make her appear anyway..

okie52
5/21/2013, 03:14 PM
The first of many from this administration...

I would make her appear anyway..

Now why would this noble public servant refuse to testify?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/21/2013, 03:22 PM
The democrats are sailing right along, doing what they want, when they want, and the president can and will claim he knew of no wrongdoing, and will actually pretend He is offended by some of these things He is using to take out the republicans. much ado here about not accepting reality.

sappstuf
5/22/2013, 12:41 AM
Now why would this noble public servant refuse to testify?

The White House told us it was just a bunch of low-level employees in Cleveland... If that were true, you would think she would be able to answer questions honestly without the risk of confessing to a crime.

It is almost like we have been misled by the White House...

http://trueslant.com/joshuakucera/files/2009/11/shocked-to-find-gaming.jpg

TAFBSooner
5/23/2013, 12:33 PM
Spin.

The real question is: would you vote for him if he could run again? Sickeningly, I think the answer would be yes. You and several million other fools.

Not in the springtime - haven't and wouldn't. But against McCain or Romney? I'd leave the presidential line blank.

TAFBSooner
5/23/2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, it would mirror Benghazi if AQ blew a 40 foot hole in the World Trade Center #1 and shot out 3 floors of glass in WTC #2 in May and June of '01 leading up to 9/11.

This ^ HAS to be bait. I can't believe you would "forget" about the terrorist attacks on Clinton's watch in order to magnify Benghazi.

WTC '93
USS Cole
Embassies . . .

Clinton didn't accomplish anything against AQ, but his admin did a lot of groundwork, work that the Bushies just threw in the porta pot.

soonerhubs
5/24/2013, 02:50 AM
Bottom line: A smooth talking ****ty leader has chosen corrupt asshats to assist him. Some of the asshats made terrible decisions that wouldn't have been made had said ****ty leader not chosen the asshats.

TitoMorelli
5/24/2013, 09:53 AM
I'm having trouble keeping track of all the scandals. Let me see if I've got it straight. A couple of low-level employees in Cleveland were responsible for inciting a riot in Benghazi when they posted a YouTube video that was eventually leaked by James Rosen, who is named as a co-conspirator in the apparent plot to smuggle assault rifles into Mexico...