PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to deep-six the Statue of Liberty poem...

ouwasp
5/15/2013, 04:39 PM
Who's with me?

diverdog
5/15/2013, 05:06 PM
Who's with me?

LOL....good one. I am in.

We need to rewrite and say give us your educated, motivated, highly skilled workers who are willing to work and make a better America.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/15/2013, 07:23 PM
Who's with me?What's your reasing, there?

ouwasp
5/15/2013, 07:34 PM
I'm just tired of Emma Lazarus' poem being used as an excuse to continue to allow immigrants to enter that will immediately become a drain on our unsustainable entitlement system. The sentiments of the poem have become outdated, in my opinion.

There is a political cartoon of the Statue about to get crushed by a monster tsunami labeled "Three Million Illegal Immigrants Per Year"... tried to copy and paste it, to no avail.

Perhaps that's a separate argument. But something must be done. Besides continuing to allow "the wretched refuse of your teeming shores" a safe haven, with Uncle Sam's safety net.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/15/2013, 07:43 PM
Well, the sentiment of America being a place to escape tyrants is still there, but the poem never said anything about any approval for not entering legally.

Soonerfan88
5/15/2013, 10:29 PM
I like dd's editing suggestions. We've got enough poor, homeless wretched refuse on our shores already.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 12:36 AM
Back when that was set, The poor and wretched could come here and WORK to improve themselves AND the country. Now they just wanta Mooch off the Gubment.

I wouldnt Deep six it Nor rewrite it Just add this to it
That want to work, and are willing to Learn the language.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/16/2013, 01:51 AM
Back when that was set, The poor and wretched could come here and WORK to improve themselves AND the country. Now they just wanta Mooch off the Gubment.

I wouldnt Deep six it Nor rewrite it Just add this to it
That want to work, and are willing to Learn the language.

Sounds good vet. Deep six the welfare state, not immigration.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 05:32 AM
Sounds good vet. Deep six the welfare state, not immigration.

I've said that ferevers

SanJoaquinSooner
5/16/2013, 07:41 AM
I've said that ferevers

you're not THAT old!

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 07:49 AM
you're not THAT old!

Feels like it,

I just wish they would TRY to learn to speak english. Hell My Cleaning girl does a good job But Cant unerstand a dayum word I say Nor I her. Last week she was leavin and tried to say somepun 3 different times. I just told her BY . Next thing I know shes gone out to the trash and brought in the empty Clorox bottle. She had been trying to tell me we were out. I dont think shes real brite cause Ive used the Google translate to try to tell sompun and she dont get that either. maybe she just cant read.
Long as she cleans , dont steal, and leaves me the hell alone Im good.

cleller
5/16/2013, 07:56 AM
Maybe the poem can stay, but the government should radically change.

When the statue went up this place was much different. You worked or you starved. You broke the law, you either got sent back where you came from or went to a horrible prison. Slugs didn't have a battery of lawyers and democrats trying to set up a lazy/criminal utopia.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 08:00 AM
Maybe the poem can stay, but the government should radically change.

When the statue went up this place was much different. You worked or you starved. You broke the law, you either got sent back where you came from or went to a horrible prison. Slugs didn't have a battery of lawyers and democrats trying to set up a lazy/criminal utopia.

Thats what Im sayin bro
Clarify it. Give us those who are willing to Help build this country back to its greatness. Not help it spiral down out of control.