PDA

View Full Version : Well crap...there seems to be a delay on the amnesty bill

okie52
5/15/2013, 09:38 AM
House at Impasse on Immigration Reform
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:28 AM
By Melanie Batley

Immigration reform efforts by a bipartisan group of House lawmakers have come to a standstill as members struggle to come to a compromise on a number of key issues.
The biggest disagreement between the parties is centered on whether there should be a so-called "trigger" in place before the path to citizenship for the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants can begin,Politico reported.

Republicans insist that as a prerequisite of legalization, the government must enhance its employment verification program, E-Verify.
There's also conflict about whether newly documented immigrants should be entitled to state-provided healthcare under Obamacare. And House Republicans have refused to accept a compromise on the number of visas to be issued to low-skilled or guest workers.

Meanwhile, members on both sides of the House also disagree about the timing of the introduction of an immigration reform package.
"I certainly will say that … there still are some outstanding issues in our negotiations," said House Democratic Caucus Chairman Xavier Becerra of California. "But I still believe that we're so very close."

But one senior GOP aide told Politico, "We simply won't get jammed by a Senate immigration bill. Even though we'd like to get this issue done and off the table so that we can start aggressively making the case to immigrants that we are their natural home, we won't take a political deal that doesn't solve the problem of illegal immigration. Just won't."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Immigration-Congress-impasse/2013/05/15/id/504609#ixzz2TN7mk72T

Dam pubs, wanting E-Verify for employment. Why on earth do they need that?

Soonerjeepman
5/15/2013, 09:44 AM
or the state health care...we (oops, pubs, I mean pubs) are soooo mean.