PDA

View Full Version : REAL Monday poll: ESPN college football personalities approval ratings

badger
5/14/2013, 01:27 PM
CLICK ON ANY NAME YOU APPROVE.

OK, I tortured you enough with my crystal (non-football) ball into the future of the national title picture. Let's have some offseason fun.

By clicking on any of the above names, you hereby APPROVE of them being an ESPN college football personality. If you do NOT click the name, you think they suck, you want to change the channel when you see them, you can't stand them, you disagree with them more often then not, you want the earthquake to shake them outta the booth next earthquake... you get the idea.

Check = I approve
No check = I long for Fox Sports 1 Network/NBC Sports Network/etc

PS: Only including studio dudes, not sideline reporters et al.

Curly Bill
5/14/2013, 01:33 PM
Herbie, May, McShay and Smith.

Corso used to be ok, but he's hung around Holtz too long and gone senile along with him.

bmjlr
5/14/2013, 01:40 PM
How do we vote if we do not approve of any? Where is the "don't save any of the above" box?

bmjlr
5/14/2013, 01:41 PM
I would like to add that in MHO...Mark May is the worst of the bunch...cannot stand him. Oh, and Lou Holtz just makes it worse.

badger
5/14/2013, 01:48 PM
How do we vote if we do not approve of any? Where is the "don't save any of the above" box?
I think you can click "vote now" without having checked any boxes. That can be your "none of the above" if that's your choice.

I would like to add that in MHO...Mark May is the worst of the bunch...cannot stand him. Oh, and Lou Holtz just makes it worse.

I imagine they will be among the least checked options when this is finished

EDIT: my bad, you have to check at least one. If you don't want to vote then i guess you can just comment here in this thread on why none deserve to be approved :)

rock on sooner
5/14/2013, 01:55 PM
Howard and Smith generally have the best insight. I really dislike
May and Holtz...May really goes where the wind blows and Holtz
just blows....IMO...

KantoSooner
5/14/2013, 02:24 PM

i tried and the system won't let me vote for none.

badger
5/14/2013, 02:29 PM
i tried and the system won't let me vote for none.

like i added in an "edit," you'll just have to not vote and explain why you think they all suck :)

"Because ESPN" is an acceptable answer. e.g. below:
http://media.cagle.com/99/2013/04/29/130986_600.jpg

Scott D
5/14/2013, 03:15 PM
Herbie, May, McShay and Smith.

Corso used to be ok, but he's hung around Holtz too long and gone senile along with him.

strokes can be a bitch..just ask Mike Gottfried.

Scott D
5/14/2013, 03:16 PM

now, it was amusing to see him dress up as the leprechaun last season.

8timechamps
5/14/2013, 03:17 PM
Really, I can tolerate all of them except May, Smith and Palmer. Smith isn't always bad, so I guess I can handle him, but May and Palmer are still trying to prove something.

Todd McShay seems like too much of a football nerd to have any kind of agenda, and Herbstreet/Fowler are just professional enough to be able to keep their opinions to themselves (most of the time). Corso and Holtz are just old, and I actually find their musings funny. Desmond is Desmond, and I don't think anyone really listens to what he says (unless it has to do with actual analytics of the game).

The worst offenders at ESPN are mostly on the writing and network shows side.

Lott's Bandana
5/14/2013, 08:15 PM
Really, I can tolerate all of them except May, Smith and Palmer. Smith isn't always bad, so I guess I can handle him, but May and Palmer are still trying to prove something.

Todd McShay seems like too much of a football nerd to have any kind of agenda, and Herbstreet/Fowler are just professional enough to be able to keep their opinions to themselves (most of the time). Corso and Holtz are just old, and I actually find their musings funny. Desmond is Desmond, and I don't think anyone really listens to what he says (unless it has to do with actual analytics of the game).

The worst offenders at ESPN are mostly on the writing and network shows side.

Winner.

Didn't vote to exercise a "none", but if there was a howitzer to my head, I'd pick McShay because of 8time's reasoning.

Blue
5/14/2013, 10:04 PM
I hate Trevor Madditch and his ill fitting suits. It looks like he's wearing womens shoulder pads and he looks like a fat guy in a little coat. Fat guuuy in a lil coooatt.....

Blue
5/14/2013, 10:06 PM
Lookin forward to the college football network not affialiated with bristol. MLB Network and NFL network have greatly enhanced my life seeing as i dont have to tune into ESPN.

8timechamps
5/14/2013, 10:35 PM
Lookin forward to the college football network not affialiated with bristol. MLB Network and NFL network have greatly enhanced my life seeing as i dont have to tune into ESPN.

With NBC ramping up their 24 hour network, I'm looking forward to their college football coverage this year. Of course they're in bed with ND, but at least it's another option. I'd really like to see FOX make a real go of a total sports network. I know they have the regional channels, but I'd like to see something to compete with SportsCenter, done at a high level. I'd switch to that and never look back.

Scott D
5/15/2013, 05:14 AM
With NBC ramping up their 24 hour network, I'm looking forward to their college football coverage this year. Of course they're in bed with ND, but at least it's another option. I'd really like to see FOX make a real go of a total sports network. I know they have the regional channels, but I'd like to see something to compete with SportsCenter, done at a high level. I'd switch to that and never look back.

But dontcha know, Fox Sports One is coming! I almost think it's a matter of time before Gus Johnson takes over for Joe Buck with them as well.

MichiganSooner
5/15/2013, 10:44 AM
Can't stand Mark May. He speaks with a tone of voice that epitomizes a true authority figure while he grandstands for the SEC.

Mac94
5/15/2013, 10:48 AM
Suprised there isn't as much love for Corso ... he's up there in age and post stroke isn't as sharp as he was ... but the guy is just fun, doesn't take himself to seriously, and has a real passion for the game of college football. When you see Lee Corso ... you KNOW it's football season. Besides ... who else could get away with an "aww ... f**k it" bomb on live TV? ;)

SoonerNomad
5/15/2013, 01:10 PM
I like all of them. I love college football and love to follow the sport and listen to people that have passion for the game, even when I don't completely agree with them. I am jealous that I didn't have the background, career, or talent to actually have one of their jobs, be a regular on ESPN, and be the person that all of you can't stand. That would have been awesome.

Blue
5/15/2013, 08:40 PM
I and be the person that all of you can't stand. That would have been awesome.

Don't sell yourself short...we hate you...;)