PDA

View Full Version : Greatest End to a Soccer Game Ever

sappstuf
5/13/2013, 02:00 PM
One team has a penalty kick(probably a 95% chance of winning).. Whoever scores the next goal wins... Watch.

3nAwOXGIrVQ&

rainiersooner
5/13/2013, 02:12 PM
Absolutely brilliant.

C&CDean
5/13/2013, 02:13 PM
If soccer was like that all the time I might watch. 3 hours of sheer boredom with maybe 1 or 2 exciting plays per game just doesn't float my boat.

rainiersooner
5/13/2013, 02:23 PM
If soccer was like that all the time I might watch. 3 hours of sheer boredom with maybe 1 or 2 exciting plays per game just doesn't float my boat.

What are these 3 hour games you speak of? It's an hour and a half!

sappstuf
5/13/2013, 03:20 PM
What are these 3 hour games you speak of? It's an hour and a half!

I'm sure Dean meant it FEELS like 3 hours.

ouwasp
5/13/2013, 06:20 PM
There is nothing redeeming about soccer. It is indeed most likely the sport of choice of Radical Islam. Not to mention communism.

But that was an interesting end to a game, or match, whatever they call it.

Jacie
5/14/2013, 07:26 AM
As the parent of a 3-sport athlete, the season I dreaded sitting through was soccer and of course, it had to be daughter's favorite sport (she went on with it and put in a season on her college team).

The only redeeming feature of soccer is that the clock keeps ticking even when the ball goes out of bounds.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/14/2013, 08:34 AM
Heathens.

It's called the Beautiful Game for a reason.

Cue Sic'Em.

sappstuf
5/14/2013, 08:48 AM
As the parent of a 3-sport athlete, the season I dreaded sitting through was soccer and of course, it had to be daughter's favorite sport (she went on with it and put in a season on her college team).

The only redeeming feature of soccer is that the clock keeps ticking even when the ball goes out of bounds.

I'm really not that into it either, but my son has chosen soccer too. He plays on an Italian team here Italy and I can tell you there are some differences that make it better. At his age (13), they mostly play on small field that are enclosed by a net. It is either 5 on 5 or 7 on 7, with a field that is smaller. It is much quicker like basketball. Very fast, quick touches and passes. Much easier to watch.

It also makes it clear to me that soccer in the US goes to big field much too fast. Small fields force the players to be very good with their first touch and they don't lose that skill as they get older.

OU68
5/14/2013, 12:45 PM
Score once, then keep the ball away from the other side - yeah, real exciting.

salth2o
5/15/2013, 08:25 AM
The best part of that video was @ :48 where it looks like someone is about burn the stadium down.

soccer...meh.