PDA

View Full Version : DB Marcus Green commits to OU

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 06:00 PM
Commitment #5....A longhorn (Cedar Hill type) has committed to OU with a potential 2013 DE Andre Ross on the verge of a decision that could be OU as well. BOOMER!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Green-142010

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 09:04 PM
The thing I am most excited about is the kids size. 6'1 CB??? Love that!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2013, 12:16 AM
Scout profile: http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=6316170

8timechamps
5/13/2013, 05:59 PM
The single best part of this commitment is that OU took a CB out of Texas.

Ruf/Nek7
5/14/2013, 09:02 AM
The single best part of this commitment is that OU took a CB out of Texas.

I am assuming you mean among other things correct?

Soonerjeepman
5/14/2013, 09:46 AM
again, not knocking the kid...

good = size
good = getting non-pre-madonna

bad = wasn't heavily recruited by the big boys

Maybe Stoops is going back to his roots, recruit the non-names and coach them up, feed their desire to prove folks wrong, they should have been on the big list. I'll take a wait and see (yes, I know even the 5 stars have potential to fail).

8timechamps
5/14/2013, 03:19 PM
I am assuming you mean among other things correct?

Yes, of course. He'll be a solid corner at the next level. It's just that this year, there are so many really good DBs coming out of Texas, and until Green committed, OU hadn't gotten any of them.

SoonerorLater
5/14/2013, 04:25 PM

good = size

Maybe Stoops is going back to his roots, recruit the non-names and coach them up, feed their desire to prove folks wrong, they should have been on the big list. I'll take a wait and see (yes, I know even the 5 stars have potential to fail).

They have his 40 time as 4.6. That just seems way too slow for a major college DB. Maybe that is why he wasn't heavily recruited byt some other big schools. come to think of not sure why OU would be looking at a CB who runs a 4.6.

Ruf/Nek7
5/14/2013, 06:24 PM

good = size

Early in the game too. There will be at least two more changes to rankings and what not. I feel that this will be a solid get. Aaron Colvin's offer list only included Mizzou, North Texas, okie lite, Tulsa, and UNLV. Now maybe teams didn't get involved knowing he was an OU lock but then again, maybe he was completely overlooked like this kid. You never know.

8timechamps
5/14/2013, 10:38 PM
Early in the game too. There will be at least two more changes to rankings and what not. I feel that this will be a solid get. Aaron Colvin's offer list only included Mizzou, North Texas, okie lite, Tulsa, and UNLV. Now maybe teams didn't get involved knowing he was an OU lock but then again, maybe he was completely overlooked like this kid. You never know.

In addition, I wouldn't put ANY faith in the publicized 40 time. Green has worked out on campus and been at camps (both OU and Nike), and I'm sure Mike got to see everything he needed to see to make the call. If there is one thing Mike Stoops does well, it's evaluate talent and how it would fit in Norman.

OU_Sooners75
5/15/2013, 06:11 PM

good = size

Mike Stoops has always like bigger DBs that can come up for Run support as well as cover their zone.

Want to know why he ran mostly man coverage last year? His DBs were smaller than he liked, and for the most part poor open field tacklers.

So he is targeting the bigger DBs now...Green as a lot of work to do. But he has the frame and upside that can make him great.