PDA

View Full Version : Gundy invites Duck Dynasty crew to stillwater.

Mazeppa
5/10/2013, 09:01 PM
Quack quack, I've never watched that show so I don't know who these guys are.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/collegefootball/big-12-conference/story/Gundy-invites-Duck-Dynasty-crew-to-Oklah?blockID=900961&feedID=11317

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 09:18 PM
Quack quack, I've never watched that show so I don't know who these guys are.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/collegefootball/big-12-conference/story/Gundy-invites-Duck-Dynasty-crew-to-Oklah?blockID=900961&feedID=11317

I never understood the fascination of those types of shows.

BudSooner
5/10/2013, 09:29 PM
Well for one thing, it is not your typical "reality" show, and i'm the same way...I never thought I would watch the show but I gave it a chance one night and really enjoy it.
Its rare for a show these days to be watched by the entire family and not be ashamed for it due to the sexual nature/language of the cast, the whole family can watch it..well now and then Phil does get a little salty when talking to his wife but that is the most of it.
Just a group of people who love one another all the while getting on each others nerves but work it out.

Tidefan36854
5/10/2013, 10:09 PM
Well for one thing, it is not your typical "reality" show, and i'm the same way...I never thought I would watch the show but I gave it a chance one night and really enjoy it.
Its rare for a show these days to be watched by the entire family and not be ashamed for it due to the sexual nature/language of the cast, the whole family can watch it..well now and then Phil does get a little salty when talking to his wife but that is the most of it.
Just a group of people who love one another all the while getting on each others nerves but work it out.

I'm with you - I watched it one night just to find what all the hype was about and I actually enjoyed it. I don't how much of it is scripted or not, but they crack me up.

Mazeppa
5/10/2013, 11:34 PM
I never understood the fascination of those types of shows.

Nor I, But if someone wanted to make a series about my boring a$$ life I could use the extra money.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:45 PM
Nor I, But if someone wanted to make a series about my boring a$$ life I could use the extra money.

Heh. I bet they could make a series of Me tendin the Bees Neked, Fryin up bacon neked, working a Little corn mash, again neked. tendin my garden in nuthin but My Cowboy hat and boots
I bet that would be exciting as hell fer some folk.

Seamus
5/10/2013, 11:55 PM
Heh. I bet they could make a series of Me tendin the Bees Neked, Fryin up bacon neked, working a Little corn mash, again neked. tendin my garden in nuthin but My Cowboy hat and boots
I bet that would be exciting as hell fer some folk.

Spin-off series:

Me Pukin' at the Imagery While Fully Clothed
:friendly_wink:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:58 PM
Spin-off series:

Me Pukin' at the Imagery While Fully Clothed
:friendly_wink:

:surprise:

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2013, 01:47 AM
As someone with vested interest (we sell their sunglasses and optical accessories to Walmart) I'm all for it.

It's a good wholesome show, no surprises if you watch it with the family.

If you never given it a chance, watch 2-3 episodes and I dare you to not to love it.

And if you are in a Walmart in the next few weeks around memorial day, look for the duck commander:/Real Tree sunglasses and accessories.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2013, 02:51 AM
As someone with vested interest (we sell their sunglasses and optical accessories to Walmart) I'm all for it.

If you never given it a chance, watch 2-3 episodes and I dare you to not to love it.

And if you are in a Walmart in the next few weeks around memorial day, look for the duck commander:/Real Tree sunglasses and accessories.The Duck boys don't do anything for me, but i like Leah Pennick over at American Hoggers...and Brandi at Storage Wars.

WA. Sooner
5/11/2013, 05:39 AM
Si is the man Jack!

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 06:20 AM

And if you are in a Walmart in the next few weeks around memorial day, look for the duck commander:/Real Tree sunglasses and accessories.

Heh, I dont see the attraction fer Wally Weird either.
Bet I aint been in one but twice in the last 6 er 7 years.

swardboy
5/11/2013, 06:47 AM
god 'n guns....this crowd can just move on to the next channel.

cleller
5/11/2013, 07:39 AM
What ever happened to Turtleman? (Call of the Wildman)

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 07:57 AM
What ever happened to Turtleman? (Call of the Wildman)

Alligator et him.

Soonerjeepman
5/11/2013, 09:17 AM
In agree about a decent wholesome show...it's amazing the crap that is on now. Every show I watch on reg TV has very strong sexual overtones or murder...stuff that 20 yrs ago would have been cut out.

Sure most of it's scripted...but it's funny. It's happy, happy, happy...

My brother has a friend that lives down the road from Phil, the dad/grandpa..says they really are that way.

5/11/2013, 11:59 AM
What ever happened to Turtleman? (Call of the Wildman)I saw a new(at least to me) episode the other day, where that idjut goes after porcupines. I don't know how many quills he got zapped with, but he caught a couple of porcupines with his hands(as usual).

OU_Sooners75
5/11/2013, 12:08 PM
The show is successful for a few reasons.

1. They are a family that loves spending time together. That know how to talk to each other. They can disagree, but love each other at the same time.

2. They like doing activities together. Mainly shooting guns.

3. They are not afraid of what people see them. They allow their religion to rule their lives. and in doing so God has granted them a good life. They end each show at the dinner table. Pray and eat. They give thanks to God and family.

They are what many families in this nation do on a daily basis.

In fact, I am a fan because of those. And not too long ago, a atheist group contacted A&E about the guns and prayer. They demanded A&M remove the guns and prayer from the show.

A&E approached Phil Robertson about it. Suggesting they take prayer and gun activities off the show. Phil told A&E that those are the things the family does. They did it before the show and will continue to do them. They are the fabric of his family. And they are not stopping any of it. A&E went on to resign them to a new contract afterward.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 12:37 PM
People should just enjoy/not enjoy these kind of crappy shows. All the political/religious commentary isn't necessary. Especially by any media types.

Personally, I've never been able to sit through a whole show. The first thing that came to mind was "contrived. Bunch of ZZ Top wannabes."

OU_Sooners75
5/11/2013, 12:39 PM
People should just enjoy/not enjoy these kind of crappy shows. All the political/religious commentary isn't necessary. Especially by any media types.

Personally, I've never been able to sit through a whole show. The first thing that came to mind was "contrived. Bunch of ZZ Top wannabes."

Thats because you only like Ozzy and Harriet.

5/11/2013, 01:05 PM

Personally, I've never been able to sit through a whole show. The first thing that came to mind was "contrived. Bunch of ZZ Top wannabes."It doesn't do a thing for me, either. Shooting ducks doesn't hold my attention, and nothing else entertaining goes on in that program, but it obviously appeals to some folks. Hey, everybody's wired a little different than the rest of us humings. There's LOTS of stuff on the tevee that does nothing to entertain. Now, grabbing a fox with your bare hands,...THAT'S ENTERTAINING...and plenty out there.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 01:19 PM
They shoot ducks on the show? Hell, I'd watch that. All I ever see is them having donut eating contests and some fat broad with a dog.

King Crimson
5/11/2013, 01:36 PM
the good zz top or the crap zz synth top?

because there is not such a thing as both. billy g went to the devil for a while and it wasn't to sell his soul to robert johnson. zoroastrian...battle of the light and dark....

mexican blackbird. ironically, was the good billy.

i been bad, i been good....dallas texas, hollywood....

5/11/2013, 01:38 PM
They shoot ducks on the show? Hell, I'd watch that. All I ever see is them having donut eating contests and some fat broad with a dog.One time I tuned in and they shot ducks. I watched it for a little while, trying to understand what makes the show popular. it's just not for me. Sorta seems like redneck hippie just for the sake of being that way.

jiminy
5/11/2013, 02:11 PM
You gotta watch a few episodes. By then you'll see something that makes you laugh out loud, and you'll start liking the characters, and then you'll think everything they do is funny. My favorite so far is the one where they go looking for Si's black panther. Si and Jase are the stars IMO... Jase has that dry wit that any Okie oughta appreciate

BudSooner
5/11/2013, 04:37 PM
You gotta watch a few episodes. By then you'll see something that makes you laugh out loud, and you'll start liking the characters, and then you'll think everything they do is funny. My favorite so far is the one where they go looking for Si's black panther. Si and Jase are the stars IMO... Jase has that dry wit that any Okie oughta appreciateA-greed! When Jase lost his wedding ring while duck hunting was good, taking the wives deer hunting was a hoot. Korie with deer lure sprayed on her....that was a riot! :D

In short, if ya don't like it...I don't give a ****...just don't watch it.

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 05:11 PM

Heh, Whut Pizzes me off is all the idjits that say IM trying to Look like them. Hell I been carrying My beard a Long dayum time Plus I aint ever watched an episode.

King Crimson
5/11/2013, 06:13 PM
i've always thought olive on a hill was trying too hard to look like that duck tv show. or zz top.

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 06:15 PM
i've always thought olive on a hill was trying too hard to look like that duck tv show. or zz top.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/fuk2.jpg

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 06:16 PM

Heh, After the Game Ill tell ya about a Night in the Bar at Sooner Legends a year er so ago.

King Crimson
5/11/2013, 06:37 PM
Heh, After the Game Ill tell ya about a Night in the Bar at Sooner Legends a year er so ago.

unless it involves my friend Carson i think you did tell me about that. double young honey, or something. na?

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 06:50 PM
unless it involves my friend Carson i think you did tell me about that. double young honey, or something. na?

Carson? not sure about that. Member I was durnk

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 07:39 PM
Room. You two. Uber geek in Boulder and Howie. I'd pay to watch.

olevetonahill
5/12/2013, 12:54 AM
Room. You two. Uber geek in Boulder and Howie. I'd pay to watch.
No way

King Crimson
5/12/2013, 03:12 PM
uber geek? i'm anti-geek.