PDA

View Full Version : OU QB Kendal Thompson - alcohol arrest

nighttrain12
5/10/2013, 11:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9261961/oklahoma-sooners-qb-kendal-thompson-arrested-public-intoxication

Did his father Charles, the former disgraced OU QB bail him out of jail?

badger
5/10/2013, 11:38 AM
And the competition to start at quarterback narrows...

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 11:40 AM
Thompson was Bell's only real competition after the spring game. Bob does not like fumblers.

freshchris05
5/10/2013, 11:45 AM
Norman sucks.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:51 AM
Thompson was Bell's only real competition after the spring game. Bob does not like fumblers.

Yup, I was Impressed with the Kid.
Hell what Kid hasnt got durnk and passed out at a party while in college?
His Only problem was waking up when his loud mouth friends got the Cops called on em.

Ruf/Nek7
5/10/2013, 12:12 PM
I agree...Competition over...Bell for Heisman 2013!

picasso
5/10/2013, 12:13 PM
Geez, i hope this a wake-up call.

Ruf/Nek7
5/10/2013, 12:14 PM
Norman sucks.

Why? Because people are doing their job and upholding the law? Sure, austin cops tend to turn their heads to some athletes but what lesson are they teaching these guys? Those who get away with it, will repeat their actions because they have been taught that their status will free them of consequences. Sorry to rant, just don't like comments like this.

Ruf/Nek7
5/10/2013, 12:15 PM
However, if this were college station, KT would get the starting job and go on to win the Heisman.

sooner_born_1960
5/10/2013, 12:16 PM
Run him a little extra when practice starts.

rock on sooner
5/10/2013, 12:32 PM
His Only problem was waking up when his loud mouth friends got the Cops called on em.

Welp, I never passed at a party in college...mostly because I
got all taken care of in Mississippi, Mexico, Scotland, Pakistan
and Spain, whilst I wuz a nephew of Uncle Sam:devilish:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 12:33 PM
Welp, I never passed at a party in college...mostly because I
got all taken care of in Mississippi, Mexico, Scotland, Pakistan
and Spain, whilst I wuz a nephew of Uncle Sam:devilish:

Hell I passed out on a Field trip.

SoonerAtKU
5/10/2013, 12:36 PM
What kind of ****ty friends let you pass out outside on a hill? If he was inside, this doesn't happen.

rock on sooner
5/10/2013, 12:42 PM
What kind of ****ty friends let you pass out outside on a hill? If he was inside, this doesn't happen.

Just a guess on my part, but prolly walked out on his on and
stumbled, went down and couldn't/didn't get up. I say that
'cause he wuz givin the cops chin music when he shoulda just
said yes sir and no sir...aint it funny how malt beverage contains
so much stupid!

rock on sooner
5/10/2013, 12:43 PM
Hell I passed out on a Field trip.

Now, wuz this with a full pack?:biggrin:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 12:46 PM
Now, wuz this with a full pack?:biggrin:

Oh hell nos
It were in College.

rock on sooner
5/10/2013, 01:03 PM
Oh hell nos
It were in College.

OHHHH, then it were a 24 pack :cheerful:

TheHumanAlphabet
5/10/2013, 01:05 PM

YUP, NBD, except he is a visible part of the school. But otherwise, nbd, he didn't drive into an apartment building, he didn't shoot anyone, he didn't drive, hell he wasn't even urinating in public...

But, redshirt season comin' at ya, no more look at QB this year...

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 01:11 PM
OHHHH, then it were a 24 pack :cheerful:

Actually No, It were My first an only experience with something called MAD DOG 20-20:sneakiness:

SoonerAtKU
5/10/2013, 01:35 PM
True story, my parents were going to name me Logan David, except they didn't want their friends to make fun of them for having a kid whose name rhymes with Mogen David (MD).

SoonerAtKU
5/10/2013, 01:37 PM
Also, I seem to remember my dad telling me a story about a time he drank Mad Dog and ended up passing out behind a hotel ice machine. That sounds about right.

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 01:49 PM
Falling asleep outside can lead to odd results. I once fell asleep late in an evening filled with tequila shots. Woke up and all I could see was a sort of white glowing. Thought to myself, 'Okay, moron, now you've gone and done it. You've drunk yourself into blindness. What a moron.'
Was happy, if cold, to find out that it had snowed on me overnight.

Petro-Sooner
5/10/2013, 01:57 PM
Kick the thugs *** off the team.

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:01 PM
And the competition to start at quarterback narrows...

There was never any competition. Bell was always going to be the starter, and rightfully so. I can't wait for the Bell era to start. He has the potential to put OU on his back, and carry us to a National Championship like Cam Newton did for Auburn.

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:03 PM

Those who know Jesus Christ as there Lord, and Savior.

I Am Right
5/10/2013, 02:17 PM
Two person race for QB now!

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 02:45 PM

Ah! THAT explains why the preacher's kids are generally the wildest kids in school. Thanks for clarifying.

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:51 PM
Ah! THAT explains why the preacher's kids are generally the wildest kids in school. Thanks for clarifying.

Being a preacher's kid, and knowing Jesus are two very different things.

Mac94
5/10/2013, 02:54 PM
Why does everyone dismiss Kendal Thompson now? Do you all think he will be kicked off the team? He made a mistake and will pay for it ... but this isn;t anything that hasn;t happened dozens and dozens of times over the years at pretty much every program in America. I figure Stoops and company will deal with him inhouse ... and he'll also have to deal with his dad which given the history there might be a worse meeting for the kid than the one with coach. By august I'd suspect he'll report with the rest of the team and he and Blake will compete and this will be just a footnote in his time at OU. Any reason to suspect otherwise?

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:54 PM
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’- Matt 7:21-23

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/10/2013, 02:55 PM
Being a preacher's kid, and knowing Jesus are two very different things.Don't run for political office. You'll be smeared as one who wants to require, under penalty of fines and incarceration, antiquated moral behavior by American citizens.

badger
5/10/2013, 02:56 PM
this isn;t anything that hasn;t happened dozens and dozens of times to Johnny Football
fix'd

Tulsa_Fireman
5/10/2013, 02:58 PM
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’- Matt 7:21-23

Pass me another beer. Me 1:1

freshchris05
5/10/2013, 03:06 PM
Why? Because people are doing their job and upholding the law? Sure, austin cops tend to turn their heads to some athletes but what lesson are they teaching these guys? Those who get away with it, will repeat their actions because they have been taught that their status will free them of consequences. Sorry to rant, just don't like comments like this.

Well after having lived in Norman for years and seeing the cops in action, I've come to this conclusion. This has nothing to do with Kendall Thompson or OU football so get over yourself. Sure he was drunk, but why do you go hassle the drunk kid walking home. I've lived all over the country and Norman, by far, is the worst place to be minding your business. Sorry for the opinion, officer.

Mac94
5/10/2013, 03:11 PM
badger -

I didn't even say anything about A&M or Johnny Manziel or anything ... you seem to have him on the brain or something ... why do I think you have a secret stash of Johnny Football pics in his Scooby costume somewhere? ;)

Seriously ... just curious why everyone is giving Bell the job because of Thompsons one run in with the law? Yes Bell will probably be the starter given his experience ... but why do you all seem to think that Thompson won;t be competing in August for the job?

Midtowner
5/10/2013, 03:16 PM
I'm just thankful no one snapped a photo of him being arrested so they could put it next to his father's SI cover photo.

badger
5/10/2013, 03:22 PM
I'm just thankful no one snapped a photo of him being arrested so they could put it next to his father's SI cover photo.

His booking mug isn't very flattering (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/OU_quarterback_Thompson_arrested_Friday_morning/20130510_92_ouqua_49352). It looks like he rolled in the dirt a bit :(

then again, not sure any booking mugs are ever flattering

why do you all seem to think that Thompson won;t be competing in August for the job?

Stoops' policy in general now is that any offseason off field problems result in suspensions for the opening game. Alas, this policy hasn't seemed to deter offseason off field issues

Mac94
5/10/2013, 03:27 PM
Okay ... didn't know that. Figured it would be dealt with in house ... usually by the S&C guy and hours and hours of "training" that the U.N. would consider cruel and unusual if done at Gitmo ... but if that's coach Stoops policy then it makes sense Bell will be the day one starter.

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 03:45 PM
Mac, I don't think he'll suffer too much and he's certainly not going to dropped from the program for this. What will happen is that Stoops will wonder, a wee little bit if he's ready for the responsibility and pressure of being the starter. And, since Bell probably had an edge on him to start with, that little bit more doubt in the coach's mind makes it less likely that he'll get the call.

At least that's my take on things.

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 03:50 PM
Being a preacher's kid, and knowing Jesus are two very different things.

But, you'd think would generate a nodding acquaintance. At least a "Yo", "Yo, s'up Dawg?" kind of thing.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 04:08 PM

:cheerful:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 04:12 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SfrnQwWTw0o/UX_XBBMv1UI/AAAAAAAAAqU/TuV9bilmMqU/s1600/preach.jpg

rock on sooner
5/10/2013, 04:15 PM
:cheerful:

Heh, my bride of almost 37 years is a preacher's kid....:biggrin:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 04:17 PM
Heh, my bride of almost 37 years is a preacher's kid....:biggrin:

Explains why ya kept her all this time then. She was experienced.:watermelon:

5/10/2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw

FirstandGoal
5/10/2013, 05:37 PM
Seriously, what kind of person who went to college can honestly say that they never ended up drunk in public in some kind of bad situation?

Hell, it is only by the grace of God (or maybe just divine dumb luck) that I never ended up arrested during my college days.
In fact, I'm right now remembering an incident where Norman PD actually told me to get behind the wheel of my ex-boyfriend's truck to drive him home because I was not as drunk as he was. This was after I admitted to them that I had been drinking that night.

Don't even get me started on the story of the time I was so drunk on Bourbon St. that I passed out in the gutter and had to be carried back to my hotel room by friends.

I'm thankful that I was never a college athlete cause I would have definitely caused OU some national embarrassment. :devilish:

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 05:47 PM
Seriously, what kind of person who went to college can honestly say that they never ended up drunk in public in some kind of bad situation?

Hell, it is only by the grace of God (or maybe just divine dumb luck) that I never ended up arrested during my college days.
In fact, I'm right now remembering an incident where Norman PD actually told me to get behind the wheel of my ex-boyfriend's truck to drive him home because I was not as drunk as he was. This was after I admitted to them that I had been drinking that night.

Don't even get me started on the story of the time I was so drunk on Bourbon St. that I passed out in the gutter and had to be carried back to my hotel room by friends.

I'm thankful that I was never a college athlete cause I would have definitely caused OU some national embarrassment. :devilish:

Well you dint Know JESUS did ya?

swardboy
5/10/2013, 06:53 PM

Hey, I'm a preacher's kid, and I resemble that remark!

okierider
5/10/2013, 08:14 PM
Jesus is for the people that do stupid ****!! If everyone were perfect what would Jesus be needed for !!! Just saying !!!

Tulsa_Fireman
5/10/2013, 08:57 PM
Jesus mows my lawn.

He saves my bermuda from unsightly overgrowth.

Ruf/Nek7
5/10/2013, 09:15 PM
Jesus mows my lawn.

He saves my bermuda from unsightly overgrowth.

You mean Jesus (HEY-Zeus)...he meant Jesus (GEE-zus)

bluedogok
5/10/2013, 10:39 PM

I woke up next to the dumpster in the O'Connell's parking lot with the pitcher of Everclear punch in my hand. At least I wasn't the one that night who decided to punch out the wire glass door on the girl's side of our floor (Walker 6) after too much punch....or other Rumple Minze nights at the Hampton Woods apartments.

Ah, Jesus. I like him very much, but he no help with curve ball.

MyT Oklahoma
5/10/2013, 11:01 PM
Watching the '76 Orange Bowl while waiting on laundry and whatever Bob wants to do with him works for me.

P.S. OU 7 Michigan 0. Second quarter.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:04 PM
On this religious part. Dint Ole HeyZeus say fer the one who aint ever done no sinnin to be the 1stest one to throw a rock at that Ho?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/10/2013, 11:26 PM
Uhmm, not necessarily...

En_Fuego
5/10/2013, 11:27 PM
Get off the bias religious bull****....He's just a College Kid having fun. The only mistake he made was laying on the grass. It was a perfect opportunity for the Cops to show their control.

En_Fuego
5/10/2013, 11:29 PM
I guess you're one of the people that think the wine back in the day was grape juice......yeah right

Mazeppa
5/10/2013, 11:45 PM

So you're saying the Lord is there and not here?

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:47 PM
So you're saying the Lord is there and not here?

Hes Over Yonder , Not there, Over the other Yonder.

tulsaoilerfan
5/11/2013, 08:22 AM
Much ado about nothing IMO; we have all been drunk in public before the only difference is none of us played football at OU; honestly if he wasn't causing a problem why could they have not just taken him home? Same goes for any college student that may have been in this situation

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 08:29 AM

Much ado about nothing IMO; we have all been drunk in public before the only difference is none of us played football at OU; honestly if he wasn't causing a problem why could they have not just taken him home? Same goes for any college student that may have been in this situation

You musta Missed Dennis post so I quoted it fer ya.

picasso
5/11/2013, 11:20 AM
This is not much ado about nothing. Being the potential QB for OU brings with it some responsibility and leadership. This is stupid and Bomaresque.
Syre have a beer but don't get so sloshed you pass out.
Pathetic.

blacktop
5/11/2013, 11:23 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Now I get it. LOL. Thank you.

FirstandGoal
5/11/2013, 11:56 AM
On this religious part. Dint Ole HeyZeus say fer the one who aint ever done no sinnin to be the 1stest one to throw a rock at that Ho?

That would be it.

Which is why you will never see me slinging any rocks around.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 12:32 PM
This is not much ado about nothing. Being the potential QB for OU brings with it some responsibility and leadership. This is stupid and Bomaresque.
Syre have a beer but don't get so sloshed you pass out.
Pathetic.

Damn straight.

Besides, if these ****ers are gonna get drunk, at least learn to handle alcohol. Drink like a champion.

Salt City Sooner
5/11/2013, 01:44 PM
Guess this is the first time I've ever been called a non-we because I've never been drunk a day in my life, & before anybody drops the judge card on me, I'm not judging anybody who does fall in that crowd. I've got my faults/vices like anybody else. That just ain't one of 'em.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2013, 07:02 PM
So what are they?

Boobies?

Salt City Sooner
5/11/2013, 08:32 PM
So what are they?

Boobies?
been happily married 21 years. It may be a vice, but it ain't one I have to leave home for. ;)

yermom
5/11/2013, 11:25 PM
Why mess with the passed out drunk dude? Who exactly are they protecting and serving?

nighttrain12
5/11/2013, 11:33 PM
Why mess with the passed out drunk dude? Who exactly are they protecting and serving?

Maybe protecting him? What if someone came along and decided to brutally rape him? O.k., instead imagine it was a passed out chick and the cops left 'her' there. You know what would happen if 3 drunk guys came along. It sounds like from the story he resisted when they tried to wake him up and that is why he got arrested. Being drunk makes you stupid and he should have at least been partying indoors.

yermom
5/12/2013, 07:36 AM
sure, he resisted, and that was dumb, i get that

Norman cops can kinda be *******s though.

rock on sooner
5/12/2013, 09:41 AM
I guess you're one of the people that think the wine back in the day was grape juice......yeah right

Nope, it were "purple passion" :excitement:

Jason White's Third Knee
5/12/2013, 04:19 PM
I read that he was told to sit and he tried to stand. He was swept to the ground. Once that stuff happens the cuffs go on. It's bull****.

If he can manage to cool down this is nothing. We've seen a lot worse from guys we like. Dusty D comes to mind.

5/12/2013, 04:58 PM
Why mess with the passed out drunk dude? Who exactly are they protecting and serving?Somebody, including him, should have known not to be in a position to pass out outdoors. This could blow over, but it prolly does influence whether he could start at qb this year.

olevetonahill
5/12/2013, 05:06 PM
Damn straight.

Besides, if these ****ers are gonna get drunk, at least learn to handle alcohol. Drink like a champion.

Heh, Thats in My Sig at the Hideout

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1234175129

Breadburner
5/12/2013, 05:12 PM
He dumb....!!!!!

8timechamps
5/12/2013, 05:39 PM
What a load of ****.

I know the cops are doing their job, but I can't help but think they could have found one of his buddies and given them a head's up. Then again, it appears his buddies either A)sucked, B)were long gone or C)where passed out somewhere else.

Anyway, even if you lived under a rock, you'd know it was the offseason. A story like this should have been a small blurb on the back of the sports page...but, ESPN has had it the top story on the college football headlines for day. Hahahaha.

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2013, 06:04 PM
What a load of ****.

I know the cops are doing their job, but I can't help but think they could have found one of his buddies and given them a head's up. Then again, it appears his buddies either A)sucked, B)were long gone or C)where passed out somewhere else.

Anyway, even if you lived under a rock, you'd know it was the offseason. A story like this should have been a small blurb on the back of the sports page...but, ESPN has had it the top story on the college football headlines for day. Hahahaha.

My memory fails me but I bet they didn't do that to manziel last year and I am also pretty sure that they neglected to bring it up when he was named the starter in the beginning of the year.

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 07:12 PM
My 2 cents is if he had just stayed sitting...nothing would have happened, maybe not. Bottom line, if you are not 21 and drinking ya better figure it out and be careful..he wasn't. Bad choice.

sooner KB
5/12/2013, 08:36 PM
From Charles Thompson:

I am hearing that he along with several witness are disputing several things in the affidavit & plan at the minimum file a formal complaint with the Norman Police on how this all went down. I don't know at this time many of the details, but I do know that he claims that he was not passed out or asleep but on the phone & they have phone records to prove it. I know there are other things that they are disputing but one of things that I was told was that one of the witness saw one of the officers bragging & giving high fives & another heard them making the comment that "I guess you will make the big news tomorrow" . I don't know if they were talking about KT or the arresting officer. However, many witness believe that the officer new exactly who KT was & that it was him not KT that escalated the matter. He could have allowed them to take him home which is what they were trying to explain to the officers when they initially witness the altercation in the first place. They were told to shut up & even had taser guns & real guns pulled on them. This was a black sorority party & there were several witness including regular students & other players. We shouldn't rush to judge until we hear all the facts & not just one side of things.
I am certainly not saying KT is totally without fault but I wasn't there to know exactly what happen & neither were any or most of the people passing judgement. He doesn't have a history of being in trouble nor a history of drinking or being drunk or causing trouble with the law. It is none the less, a bad night that may affect him somehow but those who know his character won't linger on the matter & I can only assume that the coaches perhaps know his character better than most & will address this accordingly.

Supposedly someone close with the Thompson family posted a very similar story on the rivals board.

agoo758
5/12/2013, 08:48 PM
Maybe protecting him? What if someone came along and decided to brutally rape him? O.k., instead imagine it was a passed out chick and the cops left 'her' there. You know what would happen if 3 drunk guys came along. It sounds like from the story he resisted when they tried to wake him up and that is why he got arrested. Being drunk makes you stupid and he should have at least been partying indoors.

So then why not just move somewhere safe? As opposed to wake him up and try to get him arrested?

goingoneight
5/12/2013, 10:31 PM
This affects little for him. I believe Paul Thompson got a DUI and he was still the backup QB. That's as good as you can be when the starter is the Heisman Trophy winner.

It doesn't appear to be a pattern like with some players out there (Reynolds, Franks, Manziel, Blackmon, etc). Until further notice, OU fans ought to hope all three QBs are serviceable given our luck with injuries and the added QB run game this year.