PDA

View Full Version : More Pit Bull BS Another mauling death

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 10:16 PM
I still dont understand WHY anyone wants to take the chance of owning one But Im ok with it IF they are responsible

I will say this tho, There should be Serious Hard time for any Owner who's dog does something like this.
http://news.yahoo.com/southern-california-woman-fatally-mauled-pit-bulls-004701208.html

picasso
5/10/2013, 10:44 AM
My neighbor across the street has one. I told her I didn't like her dog and not to bring near our yard or my kids. I told her it isn't personal but my job is to protect my kids and I 'd kill that dog. I had to run it off one time when it chased a cat over. A tall order for me, a 200lb guy. Kids are defenseless.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 11:41 AM
My neighbor across the street has one. I told her I didn't like her dog and not to bring near our yard or my kids. I told her it isn't personal but my job is to protect my kids and I 'd kill that dog. I had to run it off one time when it chased a cat over. A tall order for me, a 200lb guy. Kids are defenseless.

Yup. Like I said I aint gonna say a person cant have one if they want. I will say I will kill it if it ever gets near any of my Grandkids.

KantoSooner
5/10/2013, 01:20 PM
Im an inveterate dog lover. I can find something to like about almost any dog. But pitbulls? I just don't see it. Flat, emotionless eyes. Like a snake, or an alligator. Just an endlessly vicious and aggressive predator.
I could see keeping them just to look at in a cage or something, but as a pet? Good lord. They aren't even trustworthy enough for the military to use them as attack dogs.

badger
5/10/2013, 01:30 PM
As long as we're having a dog discussion, something somewhat concerning has been happening lately between our cat and one of our dogs.

One dog doesn't care. He'll wrestle with the other dog in the backyard, gets nervous during severe weather and stick his nose inbetween with the other dog is getting petted. A big mushhead that just wants to be loved.

Other dog is a food-motivated linebacker puppy that loves to chase squirrels, and lately, another furry thing with four legs: Our cat. It does not seem to be able to tell the difference inbetween our indoor house cat and the outdoor squirrels. It's a furry thing to chase, and lately, to corner.

The cat hates the other dog and does not care about the first dog. There's hissing and wagging of clawed paw in the other dog's direction.

Most of the time, it doesn't matter, because the cat will hop up high, out of dog reach. However, on a few occasions, the cat has backed itself into a corner and end result, it needs to defend itself. As the other dog attempts to lick and bark at the dog, the cat freaks out and claws up other dog's snout area (nothing serious, but does draw blood with some of its scratches).

Now that there's a baby baj in the house, there's a bit of a worry that baby will get inbetween one of their bouts.

Fortunately, the dogs and cat treat baby baj like another person and not another pet. (like in Animal Farm novel, four legs good, two legs BETTER).

Is there any way that you can think of, short of kicking either other dog or cat out, to make them stop their feud?

Petro-Sooner
5/10/2013, 02:04 PM
As long as we're having a dog discussion, something somewhat concerning has been happening lately between our cat and one of our dogs.

One dog doesn't care. He'll wrestle with the other dog in the backyard, gets nervous during severe weather and stick his nose inbetween with the other dog is getting petted. A big mushhead that just wants to be loved.

Other dog is a food-motivated linebacker puppy that loves to chase squirrels, and lately, another furry thing with four legs: Our cat. It does not seem to be able to tell the difference inbetween our indoor house cat and the outdoor squirrels. It's a furry thing to chase, and lately, to corner.

The cat hates the other dog and does not care about the first dog. There's hissing and wagging of clawed paw in the other dog's direction.

Most of the time, it doesn't matter, because the cat will hop up high, out of dog reach. However, on a few occasions, the cat has backed itself into a corner and end result, it needs to defend itself. As the other dog attempts to lick and bark at the dog, the cat freaks out and claws up other dog's snout area (nothing serious, but does draw blood with some of its scratches).

Now that there's a baby baj in the house, there's a bit of a worry that baby will get inbetween one of their bouts.

Fortunately, the dogs and cat treat baby baj like another person and not another pet. (like in Animal Farm novel, four legs good, two legs BETTER).

Is there any way that you can think of, short of kicking either other dog or cat out, to make them stop their feud?

Good grief women do you have an off button??? ****!!

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 03:40 PM

Sounds like they are still pretty young. Let en grow out of it. They wont hurt the baby I dont think, The Dog will finally learn to not mess with Freddy Kruger the Cat.

badger
5/10/2013, 03:43 PM
Sounds like they are still pretty young. Let en grow out of it. They wont hurt the baby I dont think, The Dog will finally learn to not mess with Freddy Kruger the Cat.

The cat predates the marriage, the dogs a year after it. So, not young, sorry

Good grief women do you have an off button??? ****!!

Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the mute menu, dear.

olevetonahill
5/10/2013, 04:21 PM
The cat predates the marriage, the dogs a year after it. So, not young, sorry

Well then when the Dog smartens up and decides he aint gonna try to take on a critter with Built in switch blades the nonsense will stop.
Sounds Like the Dog might be a bit retarded tho

Lott's Bandana
5/10/2013, 04:50 PM
Im an inveterate dog lover. I can find something to like about almost any dog. But pitbulls? I just don't see it. Flat, emotionless eyes. Like a snake, or an alligator. Just an endlessly vicious and aggressive predator.
I could see keeping them just to look at in a cage or something, but as a pet? Good lord. They aren't even trustworthy enough for the military to use them as attack dogs.

That is an excellent point and one I have never considered. You'd think they'd do it if they could.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/10/2013, 05:06 PM
That pore redhead lady on the tevee who runs a shelter for pitbulls and parolees looks like she has aged at 3X the normal rate. I don't trust those animals AT ALL, no matter how they have been trained.

Scott D
5/10/2013, 05:23 PM
The problem despite what it's been portrayed is not pit bull terriers as a breed. The problem is when you have breeders who selectively breed to overemphasize certain traits.

There was a time when pit bull terriers were dogs that were much safer to have around children than dobermans or german shepherds.

picasso
5/10/2013, 05:27 PM
However they got to where they are, they are not naturally inclined to have harmless dispositions. Any dooshy dog lover who tells you otherwise doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

5/10/2013, 05:33 PM
Good grief women do you have an off button??? ****!!YEOW! Put on the gloves!!!

Scott D
5/10/2013, 05:45 PM
However they got to where they are, they are not naturally inclined to have harmless dispositions. Any dooshy dog lover who tells you otherwise doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Never said they were. Hell, at one point Standard Poodles were a threatening breed.

goingoneight
5/10/2013, 06:54 PM
Obama says he's proposed a dog restriction law.

Scott D
5/10/2013, 10:56 PM
hopefully they make it illegal to own portugese water dogs.

okiewaker
5/11/2013, 06:12 PM
There are many choices when choosing a breed of dog. I just don't get the fascination with owning a pit. Guess its a status thing cause it sure aynt because they are stable and safe around people, like a lab er something.

olevetonahill
5/11/2013, 06:24 PM
There are many choices when choosing a breed of dog. I just don't get the fascination with owning a pit. Guess its a status thing cause it sure aynt because they are stable and safe around people, like a lab er something.

My Lab will eat yer Biscuits fer Breakfast, Lunch supper, Then expect YOU to pet him

I aint sayin Bain the breed although I really see know use fer em other than that status thing yer sayin, has somethin to do with " I got a Mean assed Dog , and He minds me Macho ****"

But I will say If You Macho enough to OWN one then you should be Macho enough to Do Hard time If/When they Hurt/Kill someone.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 07:43 PM
When the strays get dumped on the Deanarosa, anything remotely resembling a pit bull is instantaneously euthanized. Then again, anything resembling a canine is pretty much destined for the same. Feline? No chance. Just wish I could catch the fuggers dumping them...

olevetonahill
5/12/2013, 01:12 AM
When the strays get dumped on the Deanarosa, anything remotely resembling a pit bull is instantaneously euthanized. Then again, anything resembling a canine is pretty much destined for the same. Feline? No chance. Just wish I could catch the fuggers dumping them...
Here Y> a be,
Life is \ hard hered yer jMery ****inng X crisst mardba

badger
5/12/2013, 11:30 AM

a few years back it was revealed that a lot (at least a few each week) were using our Tulsa Zoo as a dog dumping ground and as dean has said many times over the years, others just use 10 miles outside city limits to free themselves of dog ownership.

some morons seem to think that their dog will go off on a disneyesque adventure in the wild, befriending bambi and a baby fox, rather than become coyote food.

okiewaker
5/12/2013, 11:45 AM
To be honest I haven't been around very many pit bulls or owners of pit bulls. The few I have been around swear by them,, say they are great pets, wouldn't hurt a flee, great with kids, etc. Course, I don't give much credence to folks with pants sagging to the knees and wearing a wife beater.

5/12/2013, 01:37 PM
a few years back it was revealed that a lot (at least a few each week) were using our Tulsa Zoo as a dog dumping ground and as dean has said many times over the years, others just use 10 miles outside city limits to free themselves of dog ownership.

some morons seem to think that their dog will go off on a disneyesque adventure in the wild, befriending bambi and a baby fox, rather than become coyote food.out of sight, out of mind. They prolly figure that at least there's a chance young Fido or Princess Grace might make it in the wild.

Scott D
5/12/2013, 08:49 PM
There's a reason that indoor pets have a lifespan that ranges 3 to 4x longer than outdoor only pets.

olevetonahill
5/12/2013, 09:08 PM
To be honest I haven't been around very many pit bulls or owners of pit bulls. The few I have been around swear by them,, say they are great pets, wouldn't hurt a flee, great with kids, etc. Course, I don't give much credence to folks with pants sagging to the knees and wearing a wife beater.

Ive owned one,(Had to put it down) been around quite a few , They are Great dogs, I just dont see where it makes any sense to Take that kind of chance. Hell My Black Lab is a great dog , hes never even tried to growl at anyone.

olevetonahill
5/12/2013, 10:30 PM
Here Y> a be,
Life is \ hard hered yer jMery ****inng X crisst mardba

Boy I were durnk as hell Last night. A friend came over we watched the Game and drank some OVJ and chased it with Natty.:very_drunk:

KantoSooner
5/13/2013, 08:39 AM
Mere drunkennesss!

Thanks to Pele, Goddess of volcanoes and liquor. I thought you'd finally taken that last step into full on insanity. Saddened me.

jkjsooner
5/13/2013, 08:49 AM

I had a friend of a friend who had a pit bull. It seemed to be pretty affectionate and playful.

I still wouldn't trust it one bit. There are just too many stories about them snapping and of course the owners never saw it coming. But I can see how they could be convinced their dog is different.

olevetonahill
5/13/2013, 09:00 AM
Mere drunkennesss!

Thanks to Pele, Goddess of volcanoes and liquor. I thought you'd finally taken that last step into full on insanity. Saddened me.

The OVJ will sneak right up and curb stomp ya :D

olevetonahill
5/13/2013, 09:02 AM
I had a friend of a friend who had a pit bull. It seemed to be pretty affectionate and playful.

I still wouldn't trust it one bit. There are just too many stories about them snapping and of course the owners never saw it coming. But I can see how they could be convinced their dog is different.

Yup, Just about ANY dog is Loving, affectionate, and playful. so WHY take a ****in chance that yer dog will kill someone.

FirstandGoal
5/13/2013, 05:02 PM
Boy I were durnk as hell Last night. A friend came over we watched the Game and drank some OVJ and chased it with Natty.:very_drunk:

Heh, I was gonna ask had you checked your sugars lately but then figured out what was really going on.

KantoSooner
5/14/2013, 08:29 AM
Woke up this morning to 'Sam', our neighborhood English Setter, staring in my bedroom window. The minute he saw me move he gave a little puff-woof and headed to the back porch waiting for me to get coffee and go sit with him and watch the light come up across the valley.
Can't imagine why anyone would want any other breed of dog.

usmc-sooner
5/14/2013, 06:35 PM
it's pretty easy to google and find the truth about pit bulls. Most people believe the BS. My vet has given me literature and several sites that disprove most of the myths about the savage pit bulls. Ceasar Milan (dog whisperer) says they are his favorite breed. The military has used them. They were once considered nanny dogs, totally safe around kids.
I've had an APBT and he's great. I've had a German Shepherd that would bite your *** if you walked in my back yard.
Most misidentified dog in the U.S. also most abused. They are pretty much like any other dog, they want a family and they want love. Mistreat them they get nervous and scared and thats a bite waiting to happen for any breed.

badger
5/15/2013, 03:08 PM
I used to be afraid of dogs growing up. Having baby baj made me grow a spine. Now whenever a dog bolts out to greet/attack/bark at my dogs while we're on a run, I get in some extra Secret Service-esque practice (stand between the attacker and the baby... or in this case, my dogs).

I really don't know what I would do if I was actually attacked by a dog (most back down when I stand my ground between my dogs and it, and perhaps some harsh mommy-like scolding), but I do know that I would prefer the dog not be a pit bull (or mixed pit breed). Scream, I guess?

KantoSooner
5/15/2013, 04:15 PM
it's pretty easy to google and find the truth about pit bulls. Most people believe the BS. My vet has given me literature and several sites that disprove most of the myths about the savage pit bulls. Ceasar Milan (dog whisperer) says they are his favorite breed. The military has used them. They were once considered nanny dogs, totally safe around kids.
I've had an APBT and he's great. I've had a German Shepherd that would bite your *** if you walked in my back yard.
Most misidentified dog in the U.S. also most abused. They are pretty much like any other dog, they want a family and they want love. Mistreat them they get nervous and scared and thats a bite waiting to happen for any breed.

If you say so. It sure does seem like a lot of them are missing out on the family love stuff and getting scared and nervous. Something like every one I've ever seen in my 50 years. I'm trying to recall when the last time was that anyone ever said, "Let's grab my pit and go play frisbee." Perhaps because those words have never been spoken? And Cesar Milan could walk into a pack of wolves dining on a caribou and have them sorted in about five minutes. He's that good. Me? I don't quite have his touch and so tend to err on the safe side.

bonkuba
5/16/2013, 10:16 AM
My wife's uncle had his throat ripped out and face ripped off by a pit bull.......needless to say I have no use for these dogs. RIP Tony Cantrell.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 10:24 AM
My wife's uncle had his throat ripped out and face ripped off by a pit bull.......needless to say I have no use for these dogs. RIP Tony Cantrell.

Thats my point Bro. Sure ANY dog can snap and bite some one, But a Pit is about the only one who can Kill you with one bite.

Another thing any dog can bite just as any fireworks can go off in yer hand. Do you want a String popper to go off in yer hand or an M80?

Scott D
5/16/2013, 01:26 PM
Thats my point Bro. Sure ANY dog can snap and bite some one, But a Pit is about the only one who can Kill you with one bite.

Another thing any dog can bite just as any fireworks can go off in yer hand. Do you want a String popper to go off in yer hand or an M80?

M80, because I want to go out with a bang :D

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 02:07 PM
M80, because I want to go out with a bang :D

While yer masturbating :monkey:

SoonerAtKU
5/16/2013, 03:17 PM
Any dog can snap and bite someone. When it happens, I'd rather it be stitches than broken bones or death. No thanks, I'm not interested in your pit bulls.

usmc-sooner
5/16/2013, 07:51 PM

my wife's uncle got VD, needless to say I have no use for sex. My wife's cousin was killed in a car wreck needless to say I have no use for cars. My wife's uncle got bit in the dick by a cobra needless to say I have no use for cobras.

Turd_Ferguson
5/16/2013, 07:57 PM
my wife's uncle got VD, needless to say I have no use for sex. My wife's cousin was killed in a car wreck needless to say I have no use for cars. My wife's uncle got bit in the dick by a cobra needless to say I have no use for cobras.

My wife got tored up on OVJ, needless to say I have no use for OVJ. Okay, I'm lying. That was a good night.

usmc-sooner
5/16/2013, 07:58 PM
You guys do realize that a true pitbull tops out at 65- 85lbs. Other than children and guys that weigh 100lbs who gets mauled by an 85lb monster.

SoonerAtKU
5/17/2013, 08:36 AM
You guys do realize that a true pitbull tops out at 65- 85lbs. Other than children and guys that weigh 100lbs who gets mauled by an 85lb monster.

Yeah, those kids can go **** themselves! What pussies!

olevetonahill
5/17/2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, those kids can go **** themselves! What pussies!

Yup, Those dayum wimmens need to get tougher also.

KantoSooner
5/17/2013, 08:50 AM
I was lied to and ripped off by an ex-marine, therefore I have no respect for or use for marines.....

no, wait, that can't be right.

(******* did lie and rip me off, though)

usmc-sooner
5/17/2013, 09:42 PM
those sorry sacks of ****s

we should do away with them

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
5/18/2013, 08:16 AM

Now that would be something to see. You with absolutely no weapons vs a fully fired up 85 lb pitbull!

My money is on the dog.

usmc-sooner
5/18/2013, 10:19 AM
Now that would be something to see. You with absolutely no weapons vs a fully fired up 85 lb pitbull!

My money is on the dog.

I wrestled in Jr. High. Dude I would dominate

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 10:29 AM
This pretty much sums it up IMHO.
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2011.php

okiewaker
5/18/2013, 10:53 AM
Doncha know that website is biased AGAINST pits and those stats are bogus.

usmc-sooner
5/18/2013, 10:55 AM
You can get links to sites that say they are the best dogs in the world or worst dogs in the world.

If you don't like them don't have them. If you are afraid of them stay away from them.

I bet the Rock would dominate a Pitbull but lose to a Rot.

usmc-sooner
5/18/2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.dontbullymybreed.org/

Vet the site you used also has articles disproving the myth of pitbulls. Lol

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 11:19 AM
http://www.dontbullymybreed.org/

Vet the site you used also has articles disproving the myth of pitbulls. Lol

I dint really read the thing Nor was I looking for sites For or against them. The Stats in the 1st Para is what go my tention

31 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2011.3 Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 71% (22). Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.4

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 11:22 AM
You can get links to sites that say they are the best dogs in the world or worst dogs in the world.

If you don't like them don't have them. If you are afraid of them stay away from them.

I bet the Rock would dominate a Pitbull but lose to a Rot.

I aint afraid of em Nor do I necessarily Dislike them.All Im sayin Is IF Ya gonna HAVE one then YOU be responsible for what they Do.

Personally I dont see where it makes any sense to Take that kind of risk. My black lab and my weenie are Loyal and loving, Yet they aint never bit much of anything cept maybe a biscuit, then only if I had Gravy on it.

usmc-sooner
5/18/2013, 12:41 PM
what race of people commit the most violent crimes? Do you think that people of that race (whatever it may be) are prone to be more violent? No probably has to do with environment, culture and other factors other race or breed of people.

You say your labs is loyal and loving but never bit anyone. I'd probably say the majority of pit bulls have never bit anyone either.

Now I'm with you on the pits that have the cropped ears, whacked off tail and look like freaks of nature. I don't want my kids around those either, although it's because of the mindset of the owners that do that to them.

olevetonahill
5/18/2013, 12:48 PM
Not My point bro.
Just as I think everyone that wants too should be able own a Full auto 50 Cal. Machine gun. With the Provision that IF anything is Done that hurts others with Falls back on the Owner. even if its Stolen.

Own one If ya want, Just Face the music when/if something happens
I rescued one from the Pond 15 years er so ago, Great dog, Until i had to kill him

thecrimsoncrusader
5/20/2013, 09:33 PM
This pretty much sums it up IMHO.
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2011.php

You just voided your opinion as being relevant by referencing that resource. You also haven't done the research to know that 9 out of 10 incident cases involving pit bull breeds were not spayed/neutered and were chained outside at all times and devoid of human interaction. The reason they weren't spayed/neutered is because of low class citizens that couldn't afford it and shouldn't own any pets in the first place and others didn't spay/neuter to assist in the promotion of the aggressive behaviour process. You're the uneducated redneck in this situation via stereotyping, referencing a web site with an blinded agenda and not having extensive experience with the vast majority of dog breeds in general.

olevetonahill
5/20/2013, 09:43 PM
You just voided your opinion as being relevant by referencing that resource. You also haven't done the research to know that 9 out of 10 incident cases involving pit bull breeds were not spayed/neutered and were chained outside at all times and devoid of human interaction. The reason they weren't spayed/neutered is because of low class citizens that couldn't afford it and shouldn't own any pets in the first place and others didn't spay/neuter to assist in the promotion of the aggressive behaviour process. You're the uneducated redneck in this situation via stereotyping, referencing a web site with an blinded agenda and not having extensive experience with the vast majority of dog breeds in general.

Go **** yourself. I aint in the mood to mess with you or your petty agenda at this time .

thecrimsoncrusader
5/20/2013, 09:46 PM
Go **** yourself. I aint in the mood to mess with you or your petty agenda at this time .

Case in point. You couldn't afford to spay/neuter your pit bull and had to put it down and you're exactly the kind of redneck I am talking about. If stupidity was a terminal illness, there would be bodies everywhere. *sigh*

olevetonahill
5/20/2013, 09:53 PM
Case in point. You couldn't afford to spay/neuter your pit bull and had to put it down and you're exactly the kind of redneck I am talking about. If stupidity was a terminal illness, there would be bodies everywhere. *sigh*

Over 50 people killed in our state today and you want to do this? No wonder you are red assed.
I'll play with you at a More suitable time.
For Now welcome to Ignore.

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 08:10 AM
Seems I agree with Cal. on this. They are charging the owner of the dogs with Murder. Which is what Ive said here IF you are going to own one of these animals Be prepared to face the consequences if/when they got Nuts.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2013/0531/Dog-pack-murder-Pit-bull-owner-charged-with-murder-of-jogger