PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell the Heisman dark horse?

deweydw
5/9/2013, 07:08 AM
That's what the Heisman Pundit (http://heismanpundit.com/) is saying. Vegas has Bell at 50-1 odds. Can't wait for football season. When does the count down start?

picasso
5/9/2013, 08:19 AM
Just win and there's always a chance.

Breadburner
5/9/2013, 12:19 PM
This guy is a leader can't wait to watch him play......!!!!

IronHorseSooner
5/9/2013, 03:09 PM
Bell just seems to have a fire to him. If he gets through that second quarter of the season (ND, UT, TCU) undefeated, then he has as good of a shot as anybody.

8timechamps
5/9/2013, 07:13 PM
It's nice to garner some respect, but I'd just as soon the Sooners go into the season with NO hype at all. Seems like we've had our best teams (under Stoops) when the least was expected.

freshchris05
5/9/2013, 09:26 PM
With corny nickname in tow. I'd say some marketing and we're in.

Ruf/Nek7
5/10/2013, 10:12 AM
It's nice to garner some respect, but I'd just as soon the Sooners go into the season with NO hype at all. Seems like we've had our best teams (under Stoops) when the least was expected.

Cough cough 2000 hhhmmmmm sorry, had to clear my throat.

picasso
5/10/2013, 10:38 AM
Cough cough 2000 hhhmmmmm sorry, had to clear my throat.

By the media yeah. I thought we could win the conference going into 2000. Colorado was the only team that thoroughly whipped us in '99.

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:09 PM
When I think of Bell I cann't help but think about another 6'6 250 pound 1st year starting QB who lead his team to the National Championship, and won the Heisman Trophy 3 years ago.

I Am Right
5/10/2013, 02:14 PM
Preseason Hype

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/10/2013, 02:21 PM
It's nice to garner some respect, but I'd just as soon the Sooners go into the season with NO hype at all. Seems like we've had our best teams (under Stoops) when the least was expected.too bad Landry didn't declare for the draft a year earlier. We coulda had an extra year with Bell.

King Crimson
5/11/2013, 07:45 AM
the stuff you guys are smoking is impressive. for 2000 Heupel comparisons....you might recall 2000 was Josh's second season as the OU starter.

hey hey?

i like Blake B but i have not seen him throw the ball much (nor has anyone else) in a game situ....and we ain't exactly daring people to stop our unstoppable run game much...

i'm not on the board much so maybe this is...like, ummmm, satire?

swardboy
5/14/2013, 04:13 PM
too bad Landry didn't declare for the draft a year earlier. We coulda had an extra year with Bell.

I was disappointed when this scenario didn't pan out. Although I don't know how it would have panned out for LJ in that draft. He seems to have landed in a sweet spot in Pittsburg though. No hurry to start, and opportunity to learn from Big Ben....and make a boatload of money holding a clipboard.

5/14/2013, 05:02 PM
I was disappointed when this scenario didn't pan out. Although I don't know how it would have panned out for LJ in that draft. He seems to have landed in a sweet spot in Pittsburg though. No hurry to start, and opportunity to learn from Big Ben....and make a boatload of money holding a clipboard.good for Landry and I'm sure we all wish him well. Just saying it would have turned out better IMHO for OU if Bell could have been the starter last year.

sooneron
5/15/2013, 12:49 PM
There are a lot of ifs in that op ed.

SoonerNomad
5/15/2013, 12:54 PM
good for Landry and I'm sure we all wish him well. Just saying it would have turned out better IMHO for OU if Bell could have been the starter last year.

Obviously the coaches didn't think so. Fourth year record breaking starter v. first year untested starter. Seems like an easy call to make. Landry's play was not the reason OU didn't win the three games they lost last year.

SoonerNomad
5/15/2013, 12:57 PM
Obviously the coaches didn't think so. Fourth year record breaking starter v. first year untested starter. Seems like an easy call to make. Landry's play was not the reason OU didn't win the three games they lost last year.

And I would add, his play late in the game saved a couple of wins that they could have or should have lost.

I get that going into this year that you would love to see Bell already have experience. That doesn't change the fact (or maybe it is just my opinion_ that the coaches played the right guy last year and OU wouldn't have been as good had Landry gone pro a year earlier.

5/15/2013, 01:24 PM
Obviously the coaches didn't think so. Fourth year record breaking starter v. first year untested starter. Seems like an easy call to make. Landry's play was not the reason OU didn't win the three games they lost last year.Given that Bell is always a threat to run the ball, and Landry's refusal to run, we might have had some more points. Of course, our defense was dismal, for at least the last half of the year. It WAS a tough decision re quarterback for the coaches, since an unrattled Landry is such a good passer.

I was just not pleased that he returned for his senior year. I had had enough of no wheels at quarterback.

starclassic tama
5/15/2013, 02:26 PM
lets wait and see if he can be at least an average passer before we start talking heisman

badger
5/15/2013, 02:48 PM
When does the count down start?

As of May 15, we're 107 days away from Aug. 31, which is our home opener against U-LA-Monroe. I think our unofficial countdown starts at either day 100 or day 99, depending on how much people miss football season.

It's so dead around here that I think you could get away with starting it now if you really, really miss football

agoo758
5/15/2013, 09:24 PM

You can make a case for the ATM game, but as far as the other two, you obviously did not watch them.

sooneron
5/16/2013, 08:55 AM
You can make a case for the ATM game, but as far as the other two, you obviously did not watch them.

Really? I think the game that Landry didn't lose was the nd game. ATM, he didn't have a great feel that night. He was picking nd apart underneath and then Heupel/Norvell got all genius-y and decided to change the playcalling and pace of the game in the middle of an offensive series.

deweydw
5/16/2013, 09:33 AM
As of May 15, we're 107 days away from Aug. 31, which is our home opener against U-LA-Monroe. I think our unofficial countdown starts at either day 100 or day 99, depending on how much people miss football season.

It's so dead around here that I think you could get away with starting it now if you really, really miss football

I really miss football. But I think I can wait for the official, or unofficial, countdown. :eagerness:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjvMJ15-T1237sVRwkuTng5AuuhTl44C34rC6PjaxoEJL3CeQC

badger
5/16/2013, 12:02 PM
106 days to go, I guess.

swardboy
5/16/2013, 12:13 PM
As long as my St. Louis Cardinals keep doing well I think I can survive the summer.