PDA

View Full Version : How many people here actually work?

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 09:23 PM
Private poll

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2013, 09:33 PM
I work full time. I sling crack and chicken wings on the corner of NE 23rd & Eastern...I mean, MLK. Come see me!

cleller
5/8/2013, 09:33 PM
Someone is getting tired of seeing the slugs.

However, slugs don't hang out here, probably.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 09:45 PM
I highly doubt people will be truthful on this matter here at SF.com.

But I would love to see the real numbers of those that are speaking for less welfare cuts and reform, just to see if those are the outspoken people that use and/or abuse the system.

I am not opposed to help those in need. But when those in need abuse the intentions of the programs, well today's issues are what we get.

ouwasp
5/8/2013, 09:57 PM
I teach Public School... does that count as gov't assistance? As much as I enjoy my career, I sure come home feeling I've earned my money. During the summer I do the blue collar thing on our school paint crew... and I get to work with some of the best fellows around, our school custodians.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2013, 10:09 PM
I teach Public School... does that count as gov't assistance? As much as I enjoy my career, I sure come home feeling I've earned my money. During the summer I do the blue collar thing on our school paint crew... and I get to work with some of the best fellows around, our school custodians.

You WORK for the government.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 10:11 PM

Yes that counts.

I will be directing some of the teachers this summer.

I love what I do. Custodial work and coaching two sports now. Well, will be next August. Football and Wrestling. Did wrestling last year.

Loved it!

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 10:24 PM
Where is the trust-fund option?

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 10:27 PM
Where is the trust-fund option?

There isnt one. Just put it under the No, I get help option...LOL

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 10:34 PM
There isnt one. Just put it under the No, I get help option...LOL

Negative. I refuse to choose anything that would imply I have or would take a dime from the government.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/8/2013, 10:53 PM
Yes.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 10:55 PM
Negative. I refuse to choose anything that would imply I have or would take a dime from the government.

Then select the disable option....who cares.

Still goes to show you form a lot of opinions on inexperience. :devilish:

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 10:59 PM
Then select the disable option....who cares.

Still goes to show you form a lot of opinions on inexperience. :devilish:

Cool. I'm still waiting to find out which ones, specifically, you're talking about. Your answer of "you don't know when to shut up" doesn't really uh mean much to me. I'm going to be very nice and not insult you by letting you know what I think your opinions say about you. Carry on -- I'll just ignore the poll.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 11:19 PM
Cool. I'm still waiting to find out which ones, specifically, you're talking about. Your answer of "you don't know when to shut up" doesn't really uh mean much to me. I'm going to be very nice and not insult you by letting you know what I think your opinions say about you. Carry on -- I'll just ignore the poll.

It must mean something when you comment here about a post made a few days ago on a different subject.

Without intending to be mean, you really do have a lot to learn in life still. What it is, you need to find out and learn it.

That said, on this subject, and many surrounding this one, you have formed a lot of opinions (politically speaking) about things you havent really experienced in your adult life.

Its kind of like trying to give advice to a parent when you have never even baby sat any children.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 11:33 PM
It must mean something when you comment here about a post made a few days ago on a different subject.

Without intending to be mean, you really do have a lot to learn in life still. What it is, you need to find out and learn it.

That said, on this subject, and many surrounding this one, you have formed a lot of opinions (politically speaking) about things you havent really experienced in your adult life.

Its kind of like trying to give advice to a parent when you have never even baby sat any children.

And, yet, for the third time you have failed to give any example. You lost this debate long ago, but I'm going to keep prodding for specifics.

I want to know, specifically, what opinions I have that would or should be different based upon life experience -- I also want to know, again specifically, what life experience I need to hold any opinion I've offered and/or why or how it should change.

So just to recap here....please list my opinions followed by a corresponding list of "life experience" followed by how my opinion would change if I had that aforementioned life experience. Perhaps you could put it in a spread sheet document? That might make it easy. I'm here to help.

Soonerfan88
5/8/2013, 11:39 PM
First, I learned you can't vote in polls (or poles) in mobile view.

Second, I have a federal civilian job. So I am paid by taxes but also contribute to them.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 11:41 PM
I'll even help you out a little. If you manage to come up with anything then I'll list all of my real-world actual political experience that has caused me to formulate any opinion that I have because I have 15 years now of campaign and advocacy work doing everything from A-Z. If you manage to list something that I actually don't have any "real world" experience with then I'll throw you a bone and concede the point.

I patiently await.

:pop:

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2013, 11:59 PM
I'll even help you out a little. If you manage to come up with anything then I'll list all of my real-world actual political experience that has caused me to formulate any opinion that I have because I have 15 years now of campaign and advocacy work doing everything from A-Z. If you manage to list something that I actually don't have any "real world" experience with then I'll throw you a bone and concede the point.

I patiently await.

:pop:

First of all, you drink Zima and drive a moped.

Do I really need to continue?

And here lately you are quick to anger.

If you are unable to sense sarcasm, not my fault. But stop being an uptight little pansy girl!

And the 15 years of political experience? I call bull**** on. You aren't that old!

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2013, 12:46 AM
First of all, you drink Zima and drive a moped.

Do I really need to continue?

And here lately you are quick to anger.

If you are unable to sense sarcasm, not my fault. But stop being an uptight little pansy girl!

And the 15 years of political experience? I call bull**** on. You aren't that old!

Actually, it's more than that. I'm 30 years old. My first political experience was when I asked my parents if they would take me Tulsa to volunteer for the Dole/Kemp campaign when I was in 8th grade. They put me to work licking envelopes and gave me push cards that I then handed out to all of my teachers at school and other adults as I'd come into contact with. Not much but that was my first.

In high school I started attending "Teen Republican" meetings and later Young Republican meetings. Also started going to NFIB meetings with my father because for some time I was interested in small-business economic policy. Had several good opportunities to meet the Governor and then Sen. Nichols. I also attended as many leadership programs as I possibly could. I was selected as my school's HOBY representative my sophomore year. I spent several weeks in D.C. my junior year with Presidential Classroom and National Youth Leadership Forum on Defense, Intelligence, and Diplomacy. Spent a good deal of time learning the ins/outs of legislative process and procedure and most of NYLF/DID was conducted at the US War College and spent role-playing national security crises with national security policy makers both military and civilian. My own group leader was a Colonel involved with war planning.

Immediately after starting college at Baylor, I became a member of College Republicans and another state-wide non-partisan conservative organization that has very strong ties with elected officials throughout the state. Rand Paul was a member of my chapter (obviously not at the same time as I). We did a hell of a lot of work including campus activism, candidate endorsements which entailed personal interviews with said candidates, volunteering for the campaigns of candidates we endorsed, lobbying the state legislature directly, and issuing the state's only legislative 'conservative ratings.' During all those years in Texas, I worked on 6 state representative campaigns, 1 state senate campaign, 3 US Congressional campaigns, and an assortment of municipal races. What did I do? Everything from speech writing (I was a state champion debater in OK and a member of the Baylor Debate team so I was used to writing speeches) to scheduling to fundraising to answering phones to putting up signs to walking many miles going door-to-door talking directly to voters. Not to mention working phone banks and envelope stuffing. Also did a good deal of lobbying work on Gov. Perry's "stealth income tax" proposal that was defeated before it got out of committee.

And then there are the handful of campaigns I've worked in my own state of Oklahoma and then there's the fact that I ran for the state legislature myself at one point. On top of all that, I have many friends that are staffers in both the Texas and Oklahoma legislature along with a handful in D.C. I'm even friends with a handful of state officials themselves, so I try to keep abreast of what is going on and when during the OK and TX legislative sessions. Having said all that, state issues have never really been my thing...

Also, I have never had a drop of Zima in my entire life nor have I ever owned a moped.

That's my "real life" experience. Make of it what you will. I didn't even get into the academic realm. I still patiently await an answer as to what opinions I need more life experience in order to form and what those life experiences are. I wouldn't continue to badger the point, but this is certainly not the first time I've heard this. It's such an asinine argument that I intend to wretch an actual answer out of someone who makes the accusation.

Chuck Bao
5/9/2013, 01:41 AM
Currently unemployed, but I have never taken any direct government benefits other than the public services provided by the school district, city, county, state, federal and national governments, including US state department/overseas embassies. Okay besides that, I once used a government (state? fed?) program to put my crop land on fallow while I was living abroad.

And, I have fully paid my fair share of sales, ad valorem, capital gains and income taxes and fully disclosed to the US Treasury Department my overseas bank accounts. I do realize that there is absolutely nothing for me in terms of a social safety net and I expect none.

Before Sic'em's political resume issue blows up, I also want to say that I was gainfully (meaning someone was actually willing to pay me a salary) employed for 31 years.

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2013, 01:55 AM
Currently unemployed, but I have never taken any direct government benefits other than the public services provided by the school district, city, county, state, federal and national governments, including US state department/overseas embassies. Okay besides that, I once used a government (state? fed?) program to put my crop land on fallow while I was living abroad.

And, I have fully paid my fair share of sales, ad valorem, capital gains and income taxes and fully disclosed to the US Treasury Department my overseas bank accounts. I do realize that there is absolutely nothing for me in terms of a social safety net and I expect none.

Before Sic'em's political resume issue blows up, I also want to say that I was gainfully (meaning someone was actually willing to pay me a salary) employed for 31 years.

You have the resume of a Republican and the lifestyle of a Democrat. ;)

I have this friend who has one of the most conservative lifestyles of any guy I know. Very conservative in his lifestyle, his dress, demeanor, family life, etc. etc. Except, politically, he's to the left of Nancy Pelosi. I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around people like that.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/9/2013, 02:25 AM
I have worked my whole adult life. Currently do R&D for a manufacturer of proppants for oil and gas wells. About the most government assistance I have ever received was help with medical care for my children.

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 02:34 AM
I worked My entire adult life until a few years ago when the Gov. put me on Veterans welfare. where does that fit?

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2013, 02:39 AM
I worked My entire adult life until a few years ago when the Gov. put me on Veterans welfare. where does that fit?
I think that fits into the category of "I sacrificed a lot to this country over the years and earned everything I have."

diverdog
5/9/2013, 09:25 AM
You have the resume of a Republican and the lifestyle of a Democrat. ;)

I have this friend who has one of the most conservative lifestyles of any guy I know. Very conservative in his lifestyle, his dress, demeanor, family life, etc. etc. Except, politically, he's to the left of Nancy Pelosi. I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around people like that.

Is his name diverdog? I am not to the left of NP but I do work like a dog and pay a lot of taxes and live very conservatively.

rock on sooner
5/9/2013, 10:02 AM
I'm disappointed that one of the choices isn't "retired".

Having said that I worked very hard for 52 years in many
different areas...oil patch to retail environment.

And, every soul here receives "help" from the gov't.

jkjsooner
5/9/2013, 10:30 AM
SicEm,

If you really do live off of a trust fund then I'd have to agree that your life experiences don't really give you a good perspective on what the average American deals with.

Before I continue I'll say good for you and good for your parents. I'll also say that just because your experience doesn't match those of the average person doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid.

We all bring different life experiences to the table and we should all listen and learn from others. If anyone thinks their own life experience is sufficient to weigh public policy issues then I'll say they are mistaken. That goes for trust fund kids as well as kids living in poverty.

That being said, it sounds like you've never had to worry about where your rent is going to come from if your employer downsizes you tomorrow. You also don't have to worry about how you're going to pay for that expensive therapy for your autistic kid or whatever experiences many other people here deal with.

I just hope that when you're refining your positions you try to take the life experiences of others into consideration. I think there's a saying that goes something like, "If I walked a mile in your shoes I'd be a Republican. I you walked a mile in my shoes you'd be a Democrat." I think there's a hell of a lot of truth to that.

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 10:30 AM
I'm a government civilian employee. I counted that as paid work in this survey.

Although I qualified for this job after attending state government public schools and a state government university, and enjoy a federal government subsidy in the form of a tax credit for my house and I drive to work on a federal government highway and use gasoline (at least indirectly) made available by the federal government military. So I do benefit from government.

I neither love nor hate the government. I marvel at my co-workers who are similarly situated but do hate the government.

yermom
5/9/2013, 10:36 AM
yeah, i don't think anyone can answer that they have no "government assistance of any kind" honestly.

okie52
5/9/2013, 10:46 AM
If you pay federal income taxes are you not paying for government services...ie, roads, bridges, etc...?

If you pay state, local & sales taxes, etc... are you not paying for schools, police, fire departments, etc...?

Gasoline is made available by the federal government? There is certainly a tax on gasoline by the federal government and state governments but the availability of gasoline due to the feds?....

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 10:56 AM
Actually, it's more than that. I'm 30 years old. My first political experience was when I asked my parents if they would take me Tulsa to volunteer for the Dole/Kemp campaign when I was in 8th grade. They put me to work licking envelopes and gave me push cards that I then handed out to all of my teachers at school and other adults as I'd come into contact with. Not much but that was my first.

In high school I started attending "Teen Republican" meetings and later Young Republican meetings. Also started going to NFIB meetings with my father because for some time I was interested in small-business economic policy. Had several good opportunities to meet the Governor and then Sen. Nichols. I also attended as many leadership programs as I possibly could. I was selected as my school's HOBY representative my sophomore year. I spent several weeks in D.C. my junior year with Presidential Classroom and National Youth Leadership Forum on Defense, Intelligence, and Diplomacy. Spent a good deal of time learning the ins/outs of legislative process and procedure and most of NYLF/DID was conducted at the US War College and spent role-playing national security crises with national security policy makers both military and civilian. My own group leader was a Colonel involved with war planning.

Immediately after starting college at Baylor, I became a member of College Republicans and another state-wide non-partisan conservative organization that has very strong ties with elected officials throughout the state. Rand Paul was a member of my chapter (obviously not at the same time as I). We did a hell of a lot of work including campus activism, candidate endorsements which entailed personal interviews with said candidates, volunteering for the campaigns of candidates we endorsed, lobbying the state legislature directly, and issuing the state's only legislative 'conservative ratings.' During all those years in Texas, I worked on 6 state representative campaigns, 1 state senate campaign, 3 US Congressional campaigns, and an assortment of municipal races. What did I do? Everything from speech writing (I was a state champion debater in OK and a member of the Baylor Debate team so I was used to writing speeches) to scheduling to fundraising to answering phones to putting up signs to walking many miles going door-to-door talking directly to voters. Not to mention working phone banks and envelope stuffing. Also did a good deal of lobbying work on Gov. Perry's "stealth income tax" proposal that was defeated before it got out of committee.

And then there are the handful of campaigns I've worked in my own state of Oklahoma and then there's the fact that I ran for the state legislature myself at one point. On top of all that, I have many friends that are staffers in both the Texas and Oklahoma legislature along with a handful in D.C. I'm even friends with a handful of state officials themselves, so I try to keep abreast of what is going on and when during the OK and TX legislative sessions. Having said all that, state issues have never really been my thing...

Also, I have never had a drop of Zima in my entire life nor have I ever owned a moped.

That's my "real life" experience. Make of it what you will. I didn't even get into the academic realm. I still patiently await an answer as to what opinions I need more life experience in order to form and what those life experiences are. I wouldn't continue to badger the point, but this is certainly not the first time I've heard this. It's such an asinine argument that I intend to wretch an actual answer out of someone who makes the accusation.

I'm still patiently awaiting your answer as to why you oppose legal immigration.

I recall your earlier statement that you personally didn't care for ethnic groups other than your own (and I apoligize if I've paraphrased this beyond what you actually meant), but that you didn't make that a basis for policy preferences.

So, does your opposition to legal immigration come from that personal preference, or is it based on your political principles (and if so how)?

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 11:06 AM
Gasoline is made available by the federal government? There is certainly a tax on gasoline by the federal government and state governments but the availability of gasoline due to the feds?....

I'll modify that slightly, because in fact very little of our oil consumption is from the Middle East, BUT the cost of oil is determined by the world marketplace. If Middle Eastern oil was not available, our cost would rise sharply, and our supply would probably decrease if other countries (cough, China) outbid us for other sources of imported oil (or even our own).

yermom
5/9/2013, 11:10 AM
If you pay federal income taxes are you not paying for government services...ie, roads, bridges, etc...?

If you pay state, local & sales taxes, etc... are you not paying for schools, police, fire departments, etc...?

you think you pay more in than you get out?

badger
5/9/2013, 11:11 AM

Who are you and what have you done to SicEm

yermom
5/9/2013, 11:13 AM
i'll back him up on the moped. scooters aren't mopeds.

i'm fairly sure he's talked about partaking in Zima though

jkjsooner
5/9/2013, 11:14 AM
Here's my second question to SicEm. If he actually did run for the state legislature, what the hell is he doing posting here?

Rule #1. If you ever want to hold a political office (or frankly be a top executive) do not post on Internet political forums.

I don't care if you back up everything you've ever said. Nothing good can come from it. Anything that can be used against you will. If they have to they'll take what you've said out of context.

I'd bet anything that now that the Internet has been around (for the average Joe) for around 20 years we're about to see a lot of aspiring political careers derailed because of things that were posted years ago on sites like this.

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 11:17 AM

Sure, but not directly. I see where you're going - we are contributing via taxes, but there are people who only take government funds without contributing to the system. How do you fit the Wall Street banks, that received trillions in government bailout money, into this picture?

okie52
5/9/2013, 11:18 AM
I'll modify that slightly, because in fact very little of our oil consumption is from the Middle East, BUT the cost of oil is determined by the world marketplace. If Middle Eastern oil was not available, our cost would rise sharply, and our supply would probably decrease if other countries (cough, China) outbid us for other sources of imported oil (or even our own).

About 40% of the oil we import is OPEC which equates to about 4,000,000 barrels a day (last I checked). We use about 20,000,000 barrels a day total and a little over half of that is produced in the US. Canada and Mexico are our biggest suppliers of oil other than our own.

okie52
5/9/2013, 11:23 AM
Sure, but not directly. I see where you're going - we are contributing via taxes, but there are people who only take government funds without contributing to the system. How do you fit the Wall Street banks, that received trillions in government bailout money, into this picture?

I don't give Wall Street one iota of credit. Also, about 50% of the US pay no federal income taxes so obviously they are receiving more than they pay into the system.

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 11:24 AM
i'll back him up on the moped. scooters aren't mopeds.

i'm fairly sure he's talked about partaking in Zima though

Guess that depends on who ya ask.
As fer the Zima. Yea hes spouted off about it and has been made of over it, But I think he was just trolling with it

As for Moped/scooter
http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-48296-167494--F,00.html

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 11:25 AM
About 40% of the oil we import is OPEC which equates to about 4,000,000 barrels a day (last I checked). We use about 20,000,000 barrels a day total and a little over half of that is produced in the US. Canada and Mexico are our biggest suppliers of oil other than our own.

I think that's what I said, other than I didn't know the exact figures. A c. 19% cut in supply would put a hurt on our economy, but the bigger point is that oil is traded on a world market, so the loss of all or most Middle Eastern oil would put a huge hit on our economy.

jkjsooner
5/9/2013, 11:31 AM

Well, I believe the owners (stockholders) of many of those banks lost their shirts. The executives on the other hand took that government money and cashed in. It was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen. The same people who ruined their companies made tens of millions (each) off of the government's effort to stabilize our financial sector.

For the life of me I don't understand why there couldn't have been some stipulations on the money that that government gave to the banks. If you want your contracts with your CEO's to remain valid then fine you get no money, your bank will go down in flames, and your precious CEO will walk away with nothing. Looking at the alternative I think the CEO's would have gladly restructured their contracts.

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2013, 11:54 AM
Years ago, I mentioned that I enjoyed delicious malted beverages such as Bacardi Silver. That got translated over here to me drinking Zima, and I ran with the running joke. Technically, I've never had Zima but I did used to enjoy **** stuff like Bacardi Silver that are in the same category. I've always gone wit the Zima joke because...well...it's funny. But I've never had it.

I owned a scooter not a moped.

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 11:56 AM
Years ago, I mentioned that I enjoyed delicious malted beverages such as Bacardi Silver. That got translated over here to me drinking Zima, and I ran with the running joke. Technically, I've never had Zima but I did used to enjoy **** stuff like Bacardi Silver that are in the same category. I've always gone wit the Zima joke because...well...it's funny. But I've never had it.

I owned a scooter not a moped.

Like I said , That is a distinction without a difference.

Now have another Zima and go back to playing grownup.:tongue:

SoonerorLater
5/9/2013, 12:02 PM
You mean employed or actually work?

okie52
5/9/2013, 12:08 PM
I think that's what I said, other than I didn't know the exact figures. A c. 19% cut in supply would put a hurt on our economy, but the bigger point is that oil is traded on a world market, so the loss of all or most Middle Eastern oil would put a huge hit on our economy.

It would but if we were converting a large portion of our transportation sector to NG then we would be in good shape for the loss of ME oil. NG, as of now, is a regional commodity and we have plenty of it to supply our vehicles and at the same time reduce CO2 over those using oil.

diverdog
5/9/2013, 12:35 PM
Like I said , That is a distinction without a difference.

Now have another Zima and go back to playing grownup.:tongue:

Sic'em needs to hand in his man card. Zima, scooter/moped? Trust fund? Baylor? I am thinking the boy has a vagina.

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 12:37 PM
Sic'em needs to hand in his man card. Zima, scooter/moped? Trust fund? Baylor? I am thinking the boy has a vagina.

Well he WAS the "MAID of honor" in a weddin.

badger
5/9/2013, 12:38 PM
i should have ****ed with this poll. It's like asking Wisconsin voters if they voted for Jess Jackson in the 80s. Oh yes, we totally voted for Jesse! We are not racists! We are Progressives! The only thing that matters to us is the issues and Jesse will make a fine president!

Ah, Bradley effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect).

Up next: Do you watch porn on your TV and other uneducated smut, or are you a loyal viewer of educational channels and regularly watch Sesame Street with your children :P

olevetonahill
5/9/2013, 12:40 PM
i should have ****ed with this poll. It's like asking Wisconsin voters if they voted for Jess Jackson in the 80s. Oh yes, we totally voted for Jesse! We are not racists! We are Progressives! The only thing that matters to us is the issues and Jesse will make a fine president!

Ah, Bradley effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect).

Up next: Do you watch porn on your TV and other uneducated smut, or are you a loyal viewer of educational channels and regularly watch Sesame Street with your children :P

I watch My Porn on my Puter. I dont watch TeeVee hardly at all .

TAFBSooner
5/9/2013, 04:09 PM
It would but if we were converting a large portion of our transportation sector to NG then we would be in good shape for the loss of ME oil. NG, as of now, is a regional commodity and we have plenty of it to supply our vehicles and at the same time reduce CO2 over those using oil.

That's our least bad option for the near future. Getting us totally off ME oil would remove many constrictions from our foreign policy.

okie52
5/9/2013, 04:12 PM
That's our least bad option for the near future. Getting us totally off ME oil would remove many constrictions from our foreign policy.

Yes it would but, unfortunately, we are own worst enemy in gaining energy independence.

rock on sooner
5/9/2013, 04:22 PM
Yes it would but, unfortunately, we are own worst enemy in gaining energy independence.

FWIW, MidAmerican Utilities in IA (Warren Buffet owns it) just announced
1.8 Billion worth of Wind Energy construction that by 2020 will supply 40%
of IA electricity plus NE, SD and MN too. I realize that oil has little to do
with electricity but I mention it because of renewable energy discussion and
efforts to get away from ME oil...

okie52
5/9/2013, 04:26 PM

I support it and glad to hear it although I have no idea how cost effective it will be. Electric can translate to urban transportation once electrics get a lot more advanced.

C&CDean
5/11/2013, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty much convinced that about 99% of you cretins wouldn't know a day's work if it hit you in your peechi. Come spend a week with Dean. Then, let me know. And I'm ****ing old and ****.

okiewaker
5/11/2013, 08:57 PM
I'm employed but,,,it's a job where I use my brain, not manual labor. So, maybe that's not work,,,heck idk. I do manual labor stuff too, outside of my employment, I mow, trim my neighbor ladies bush and feed her cat, roof my house, etc.

cleller
5/11/2013, 08:59 PM

Here's a couple of stories on that:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/midamerican-energy-wind-projects-farm-turbines_n_3241205.html?utm_hp_ref=green

The day after announcing the project, they announced a rate increase, but stressed the two were not related.:
“We want to make it clear that our announcement on our wind energy expansion is not related to this rate increase,” she added, referring to a $1.9 billion project announced Wednesday. “We’re utilizing federal production tax credits for that project.”

More federal credits for Iowa? What's the deal? We already pay them like kings to grow corn. Those guys are raking in fed money like a Garden of Eden.

At least the story makes sense now, I couldn't imagine how they could think of generating that kind of electricity thru wind, until the Fed involvement was disclosed.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2013, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty much convinced that about 99% of you cretins wouldn't know a day's work if it hit you in your peechi. Come spend a week with Dean. Then, let me know. And I'm ****ing old and ****.

I don't, and nor will I raking in these sweet stacks of gubmint bennies and free cash. Cha ching! Yay me!

TAFBSooner
5/11/2013, 10:14 PM

Sounds like you've got a pretty tough boss. :friendly_wink:

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 10:23 AM

ummm, same here. Except I do manual labor on my own in the summer, paint houses, repair houses, ran a city pool, ran a ball field, took masters course work....worked every summer for 23 yrs but one, that summer took my kids to the pool everyday! LOL

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 10:25 AM
I'm employed but,,,it's a job where I use my brain, not manual labor. So, maybe that's not work,,,heck idk. I do manual labor stuff too, outside of my employment, I mow, trim my neighbor ladies bush and feed her cat, roof my house, etc.

how does she pay ya for THAT? :applouse:

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2013, 10:29 AM
Well, I believe the owners (stockholders) of many of those banks lost their shirts. The executives on the other hand took that government money and cashed in. It was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen. The same people who ruined their companies made tens of millions (each) off of the government's effort to stabilize our financial sector.

For the life of me I don't understand why there couldn't have been some stipulations on the money that that government gave to the banks. If you want your contracts with your CEO's to remain valid then fine you get no money, your bank will go down in flames, and your precious CEO will walk away with nothing. Looking at the alternative I think the CEO's would have gladly restructured their contracts.

I totally agree, but HOW do we, as common folk, get that done. Our elected officials sure as heck didn't do it, and quite honestly, not sure if we elected a whole nother crewit would have got done. It really just boggles the mind what the gov is doing.

okiewaker
5/12/2013, 11:34 AM
how does she pay ya for THAT?

With HER manual labor. :cool:

badger
5/12/2013, 11:44 AM
ummm, same here. Except I do manual labor on my own in the summer, paint houses, repair houses, ran a city pool, ran a ball field, took masters course work....worked every summer for 23 yrs but one, that summer took my kids to the pool everyday! LOL

oh man i bet they loved that :)

my dad never chose the motel with the pool. and then he took the motel room's TV remote and forced us all to watch weather channel endlessly :(

TAFBSooner
5/12/2013, 05:55 PM
oh man i bet they loved that :)

my dad never chose the motel with the pool. and then he took the motel room's TV remote and forced us all to watch weather channel endlessly :(

That's so you would know that when you walked to school and back barefoot, uphill both ways, the next day, it would be snowing.

SicEmBaylor
5/15/2013, 04:03 PM
Here's my second question to SicEm. If he actually did run for the state legislature, what the hell is he doing posting here?

Rule #1. If you ever want to hold a political office (or frankly be a top executive) do not post on Internet political forums.

I don't care if you back up everything you've ever said. Nothing good can come from it. Anything that can be used against you will. If they have to they'll take what you've said out of context.

I'd bet anything that now that the Internet has been around (for the average Joe) for around 20 years we're about to see a lot of aspiring political careers derailed because of things that were posted years ago on sites like this.

I ran in 2004 before I ever started seriously posting here. I believe I had an account, but I didn't post much at that time.

SicEmBaylor
5/15/2013, 04:14 PM
I'm still patiently awaiting your answer as to why you oppose legal immigration.

I recall your earlier statement that you personally didn't care for ethnic groups other than your own (and I apoligize if I've paraphrased this beyond what you actually meant), but that you didn't make that a basis for policy preferences.

So, does your opposition to legal immigration come from that personal preference, or is it based on your political principles (and if so how)?

I've posted many times about why I oppose immigration. I think flooding our society with third world immigrants will only dilute our own culture and bring those 3rd world problems to the United States. The size of the United States and the population made it necessary to encourage large numbers of European immigrants at one time in our society, but we now have 350 million people in the United States with a high unemployment rate. The last thing we need to do is increase the population pool. Having said all that, I favor a full moratorium on all immigration -- even European immigrants. I also favor an end to the student visas.

I never said that I thought non-whites were superior to other races. However, I do believe European culture is superior to non-European culture with the exception of some Asian cultures. But that is cultural rather than racial superiority. In any case, I think European culture (especially the Enlightenment) has contributed a great deal to mankind and is the framework of our own political and cultural institutions. Many of those principles are incompatible with the beliefs of other cultures which is why I think we need to be more careful about who we allow to become Americans.

Nobody has a fundamental right to be here except those born American.