PDA

View Full Version : Thunder and Taco Hell

C&CDean
5/7/2013, 09:19 PM
I ain't sure which is worse. In a hotel in Evansville (i think) Indiana and watching the artists formerly known as the Thunder whilst eating Taco Hell. I'm not sure which is worse. Thabeet? Really? My enchirito is better. Sheez.

olevetonahill
5/7/2013, 10:07 PM
I ain't sure which is worse. In a hotel in Evansville (i think) Indiana and watching the artists formerly known as the Thunder whilst eating Taco Hell. I'm not sure which is worse. Thabeet? Really? My enchirito is better. Sheez.

Speak the Kings English Ya mother ****er.

Boomer.....
5/8/2013, 07:25 AM

I'm more upset with Perkins and the amount of playing time he gets. I'd take a volcano burrito over him any day.

FirstandGoal
5/8/2013, 08:52 AM
Was at the game with my daughter last night. Still had a great time despite some horrible reffing, coaching, and playing.

Perkins and his ball handling skilz.

Deer.
Lowered.

badger
5/8/2013, 09:07 AM
This is what you get for not ordering Doritos tacos. Hell, dump the taco part and just eat the Dorito part :)

KantoSooner
5/8/2013, 09:08 AM
No rebounding.

At all.

SoonerAtKU
5/8/2013, 12:01 PM
Getting one year of Harden and letting him go for nothing next year would have been an infinitely better choice.

FirstandGoal
5/8/2013, 01:47 PM
Getting one year of Harden and letting him go for nothing next year would have been an infinitely better choice.

I'm still undecided on this. In all honesty, I didn't think we were going to be able to get past Miami this year anyway, even though I predicted we would win the west. With Rus going down, that prediction is blown and now I think we only stand about a 50/50 shot of getting out of this round.

On one hand, we needed this year to gain and develop some newer talent (although K-Mart hasn't been such a great deal as we originally thought) and we can set ourselves up nicely for next year.
On the other hand not having Harden right now really, really sucks......

badger
5/8/2013, 01:53 PM

Hmmm...

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.

Houston also sent two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma City, sources told Y! Sports, as well as a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte). The Thunder will receive the Toronto pick this year if it's slotted Nos. 4-14. That pick also is top-three protected in 2014, top-two protected in 2015 and top-one protected in 2016.

I think we have to table this till we see what happens with those two first round picks. Consider: In 2008, they got Westbrook with the 4th overall and Ibaka with the 24th overall. They got Harden with 2009's 3rd overall.

Maybe one of these picks will turn out to be another starter or All-Star. Time will tell!

FirstandGoal
5/8/2013, 02:02 PM
Hmmm...

I think we have to table this till we see what happens with those two first round picks. Consider: In 2008, they got Westbrook with the 4th overall and Ibaka with the 24th overall. They got Harden with 2009's 3rd overall.

Maybe one of these picks will turn out to be another starter or All-Star. Time will tell!

Yes Badger, thank you for pulling that up because that was the point I was lazily trying to make without any effort on my part.

Wow, I had forgotten about the 2015 and 2016 picks until I saw this just now.
It totally sucks that Rus is hurt and that our playoff time is probably limited to a handful of games right now, but I have loads of confidence for the future of this team going forward.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2013, 02:16 PM
Best Mexican fast food is Taco Bueno, bar none. Taco Bell isn't fit to eat.

SoonerAtKU
5/9/2013, 04:24 PM
Those Toronto and Dallas picks aren't great, and will be in the middle of a poor draft. All of these will be on project players they can hope turn into something, but you aren't going to get a Westbrook, Durant, or Harden in any of those. Your best case scenario is a talented role player or quality backup. There's a phrase I like about trading a dollar for four quarters.