PDA

View Full Version : The Boz gets snubbed by hall of fame

Mazeppa
5/7/2013, 08:43 PM
The Boz among others:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22212257/college-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2013-the-snubs

MyT Oklahoma
5/7/2013, 10:57 PM
His time will come at some future point.

P.S. But his "mouth" didn't do him any favors. Live and learn children. Live and learn.

sooneron
5/8/2013, 08:39 AM
Dayne over Tomlinson? Ridiculous.

sooneron
5/8/2013, 08:39 AM
P.S. But his "mouth" didn't do him any favors. Live and learn children. Live and learn.

Mouth? Roids are probably more the cause of a snub than his mouth.

badger
5/8/2013, 09:05 AM
I am starting to wonder if he's ever gonna make HOF.

rock on sooner
5/8/2013, 09:22 AM
I am starting to wonder if he's ever gonna make HOF.

If he doesn't then I think it'll cheapen the Hall somewhat...two time AA
and a MAJOR impact on the field of play. Did run his mouth, though,
and Bo Jackson didn't help.

picasso
5/8/2013, 11:30 AM
Bo Jackson ruined his college career? His t- shirt has hurt him more than roids. I'm sure there's lots of roid puppies in the hall.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/8/2013, 11:43 AM
Rod should have been in a long time ago; a 3 time all-American all the way back in the early 70s. If it took that long for Rod, it will take at least that long for The Boz. It's stupid and nonsensical, but that's how idiots roll.

SoonerAtKU
5/8/2013, 11:57 AM
You cannot fully tell the story of college football without Brian Bosworth. That's my criteria for who gets in to any hall of fame. I don't go in for stats, although awards and championships do weigh heavily in one's favor.

SoonerNomad
5/8/2013, 12:03 PM
Dayne over Tomlinson? Ridiculous.

Dayne's Heisman makes this NOT ridiculous, but LT was awesome in college, will eventually make the College Football Hall of Fame and his HOF speech in Canton will come soon.

rock on sooner
5/8/2013, 12:55 PM
Bo Jackson ruined his college career? His t- shirt has hurt him more than roids. I'm sure there's lots of roid puppies in the hall.

'Course not, but Jackson lit him up on the field and when some talk
about Boz, they usually refer to Bo and Boz being overrated in the
same sentence....

rock on sooner
5/8/2013, 01:00 PM
You cannot fully tell the story of college football without Brian Bosworth. That's my criteria for who gets in to any hall of fame. I don't go in for stats, although awards and championships do weigh heavily in one's favor.

Don't think many voters think along your lines....Boz WAS college
football for a couple of years...he!!, a nude pic in Sports Illustrated,
his T-shirt statement, loogie in the face of some of those he tackled,
backed up the talk on the field of play, supplemental draft pick,
$11 million dollar contract for a supplemental pick...whole lot of
Boz to go around....

badger
5/8/2013, 01:59 PM

I'm surprised that when he had that t-shirt company of his, he didn't recreate his infamous NCAA shirt. It probably would have kept that company around... or is it still around and I can't find it. Tradition 8, I think it was called.

Salt City Sooner
5/8/2013, 02:01 PM
'Course not, but Jackson lit him up on the field and when some talk
about Boz, they usually refer to Bo and Boz being overrated in the
same sentence....
They need to talk about that collision in the same sentence because with the angle of each player at the point of impact, there's not a LB in history that Jackson wouldn't have run through. One of the most over-rated plays in history, IMO. If BB was just an average NFL LB who just went about trying to do his job & didn't seek out attention or shoot his yap off every time he got a chance, the memory of that play would've died long ago.

rock on sooner
5/8/2013, 02:17 PM
They need to talk about that collision in the same sentence because with the angle of each player at the point of impact, there's not a LB in history that Jackson wouldn't have run through. One of the most over-rated plays in history, IMO. If BB was just an average NFL LB who just went about trying to do his job & didn't seek out attention or shoot his yap off every time he got a chance, the memory of that play would've died long ago.

Fair statement! & I agree.. but, seriously, when you just "see"
the play at full speed, it really looks like Bo crunched a hapless
tackler.

Now, a real hit was Scott Hill on Tony Dorset in the open field!

picasso
5/8/2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, the most overhyped bull**** referwnce any Boz hater out there uses. He made the tackle. Bo Jackson played at 230.

Fraggle145
5/8/2013, 03:23 PM

If it wasnt on the goal line nobody would know about that play.

KantoSooner
5/8/2013, 04:14 PM
Bosworth was a mouthy SOB
Bosworth was a truly great linebacker (though let's give a shout out to Casillas without whom Boz would not have been Boz)
Bosworth played at a time, for a program and a coach that were all more tolerant of and encouraging of truly outrageous behavior than today

All are true statements.

BTW, BB became 'The Boz' with the shaved hair etc about three months after Ahnold's movie 'Commando' came out in theatres. Coincidence? I think not.

IronHorseSooner
5/9/2013, 03:03 PM
His on-field, COLLEGE, career was worthy of him in the College HoF. IIRC, wasn't he a 2-time Butkus winner? If so, there aren't too many, if any, of those guys around. His off-field and post-OU antics, to include some bad acting, is probably what is keeping him out. However, there are some other jerks who made it in already. If it was 'roids or degenerate behavior that was keeping him out, then no one from the '80s and '90s from Miami nor Nebraska should be there.

picasso
5/9/2013, 03:09 PM
So true. Hell, joe Don Looney was juicin' long before El Bozzo.

rock on sooner
5/9/2013, 03:09 PM
ONLY two time Butkus winner in college!

stoopified
5/9/2013, 04:19 PM
While I agree Boz belongs,he is hardly the worst case of oversight.Paul Burris OU 3 time All American 1947,1848,1949 is an egregious omission as is Tom Catlin 2 time All American in 1951, `1952(Ironically he was LB coach at Seattle when Boz was drafted, later became DC).

Moore
5/19/2013, 05:35 AM
Bosworth was a mouthy SOB
Bosworth was a truly great linebacker (though let's give a shout out to Casillas without whom Boz would not have been Boz)
Bosworth played at a time, for a program and a coach that were all more tolerant of and encouraging of truly outrageous behavior than today

All are true statements.

BTW, BB became 'The Boz' with the shaved hair etc about three months after Ahnold's movie 'Commando' came out in theatres. Coincidence? I think not.
The boz would sack your a$$

King Crimson
5/19/2013, 08:02 AM
dante jones was a helluva LB in the okie 5-2......to me, he was part of what made "the boz" great.

dante used to post on some of the old timey sooner boards. back when there was phil and sooner times was their second board, and those old guys from the real old days.

big fan of dante.

Sabanball
5/19/2013, 06:57 PM
His on-field, COLLEGE, career was worthy of him in the College HoF. IIRC, wasn't he a 2-time Butkus winner? If so, there aren't too many, if any, of those guys around. His off-field and post-OU antics, to include some bad acting, is probably what is keeping him out. However, there are some other jerks who made it in already. If it was 'roids or degenerate behavior that was keeping him out, then no one from the '80s and '90s from Miami nor Nebraska should be there.

Yes, he won the first two Butkus awards.

Other than Derrick Thomas or Lawrence Taylor, Boz was the best COLLEGIATE player at his position that I'VE ever seen play the game and his stupid t-shirt stunt at the '87 Orange Bowl is the only reason he's not already in the CFHOF.

redkid
5/20/2013, 05:20 AM
Boz was a punk Brian was a good student and great LB.

CobraKai
5/20/2013, 09:56 AM
dante jones was a helluva LB in the okie 5-2......to me, he was part of what made "the boz" great.

dante used to post on some of the old timey sooner boards. back when there was phil and sooner times was their second board, and those old guys from the real old days.

big fan of dante.

Dante still posts over at LandThieves. He was a great player. I think Boz will get in eventually. As previously mentioned, you can't tell the story of college football without the Boz. He is one of the best, and most colorful characters to ever play college football.