PDA

View Full Version : You anit-gun people are freaking pathetic!

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2013, 07:18 PM
First let me just say that zero-tolerance is a freaking joke. If schools and other places use zero-tolerance, then why not just rid them of administrators and allow the teachers to hand down punishment and the clerks to do all the paper work?

That said...Two 7 year old kids were suspended from school....Ill say it in a different way...Two 2nd graders got suspended from school for playing "Army" with each other. They were using pencils and making gun noises...and since the school has a zero-tolerance policy, the kids got suspended for harmless play.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/boy-holds-pencil-like-gun-gets-suspended.html

Then the school spokeswoman is so far out of touch with reality, when she said something about kids don't play cowboys and indians. They see the murders, gun violence and stuff....

Well, these two kids damn sure werent playing cops and gangstas!

This nation is going to hell in a hand basket in a hurry! When will people say enough is enough and allow our kids the freedom to play what they want as long as it is not harming other people?

Man, if this crap was like this when I was growing up, I would have been forced to drop out before the 5th grade due to the fun we had in school.

Soonerjeepman
5/7/2013, 08:58 PM
hell, we use to play "civil war" in 2nd/3rd grade...we'd literally line up across from each other and "charge"...

jkjsooner
5/8/2013, 09:07 AM
Why don't you not assume that gun control advocates are against kids playing soldier?

It's easy to demonize those you agree with if you assume all of their beliefs.

Midtowner
5/8/2013, 09:17 AM
What.. these folks demonize someone they disagree with?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2013, 09:38 AM
Heaven forbid those kids took a pencil and did chopping and ninja motion like with a sword...

Pew, pew, pew pew...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2013, 09:40 AM
Why don't you not assume that gun control advocates are against kids playing soldier?

Because they are. Just look at all the ****tards in education handing out expulsions "in the name" of zero tolerance... Those educators and admins are so ****ing stupid they couldn't get themselves out of a wet paper bag...

okie52
5/8/2013, 10:16 AM
I have a relative that was recently given a 1 year suspension for bringing a pellet gun to school. He never brought it in the school...just had it in his car.

He told his teacher that he had forgotten to remove his pellet gun from his car and it was on his back seat. The teacher then went directly to the principal (as I understand she is required to do) and the police were called to remove the pellet rifle...then he was suspended for a year.

Stupid to forget about the pellet rifle....and I guess stupid to have told his teacher that it was in his car.

sappstuf
5/8/2013, 10:44 AM
They can have my pencil when they pry it from my dead cold hands..

achiro
5/8/2013, 10:51 AM
I'm 42 so not THAT long ago I was in high school. A shotgun or deer rifle in the car was common practice during hunting seasons. In fact I carried my shotgun(in a case) into the school a couple of times to meet a councilor to head out bird hunting. This world is so completely screwed up right now.

cleller
5/8/2013, 11:16 AM
I went to a rural K-8 school for a few years. We had regular 4-H club meetings, where kids had to talk or give demos, etc. A regular feature was the cleaning of a 22 rifle or shotgun as it was quick and required no real work or planning.

Can't remember if they were allowed to bring it with them on the bus, or a parent had to bring it for them.

badger
5/8/2013, 12:28 PM
Something for me to look forward to when baby baj is old enough to be publicly educated.

I think schools would prefer play-violence to actual violence. I know that a 2nd grader isn't probably old enough to pull off a massive shooting spree on his/her own, but he is definitely old enough to use fists to deliver bloody noses and black eyes.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2013, 12:43 PM
Something for me to look forward to when baby baj is old enough to be publicly educated.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Private or home school. Those public ed places are effed up and will only deliver indoctrination into the Progressive menu...

Mrs. THA quit public ed long ago, the people there are too stupid and too afraid. There are good teachers no doubt, they are just overwhelmed with the idiots out there...

badger
5/8/2013, 12:47 PM
It'll be something to consider. Technically, she's in a private school (daycare at a local church) right now. I am sure there are many arguments for and against the daycare model, but it has been wonderful for baby baj. She comes home with art projects since about 6 months old, she lights up when she sees her classmates and teachers and she's even (seeming to, at least) building up her baby immune system early-on.

Pricetag
5/8/2013, 12:54 PM
This has nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with protection from lawsuits.

jkjsooner
5/8/2013, 01:35 PM
Because they are. Just look at all the ****tards in education handing out expulsions "in the name" of zero tolerance... Those educators and admins are so ****ing stupid they couldn't get themselves out of a wet paper bag...

Some are. Not all by any stretch.

The original post said "you anti-gun people are pathetic." Maybe "anti-gun" didn't mean gun control advocates and this thread wasn't painting all gun control advocates with the same large brush.

jkjsooner
5/8/2013, 01:42 PM
This has nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with protection from lawsuits.

I think it's really about administrators going overboard to avoid any and all potential issues whether it be lawsuits or angry parents or whatever.

I imagine there are schools in really rough areas where kids grow up around gun violence and that adds a little different dimension. Are the two kids really playing war or was one actually making a threat towards the other?

I think the issue is that administrators would rather make a hard rule than try to use some common sense because using common sense opens them up to charges of bias or racism or whatever.

It is ridiculous though. We all grew up playing war at school - sometimes even bringing toy guns to school.

Back in my day we just got upset if the teachers didn't let us play tackle football on the playground or jump from the swings. Man teachers are buzz killers.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2013, 03:50 PM
Some are. Not all by any stretch. .

A lot more than you think. An Ed degree beyond B.S. is basically worthless. Lets just say after a Ph.D. Cognitive Psych class I took to round out my engineering Ph.D. class, all of the 5 Ed.Psych. majors taking the class were at the bottom of the grades, I can't say they failed, but they at least got Ds. After that, EdPsych decided to teach their own class. Their students couldn't handle it...