PDA

View Full Version : Sooners in NFL training camps photos & info

badger
5/7/2013, 12:19 PM
LOL Landry:
http://i41.tinypic.com/9se6no.jpg

You can read more on him here (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/landry-jones-has-no-idea-if-the-steelers-see-him-as-their-future-quarterback/) (via NBC Sports). Here's a quote:

Former (and possibly future) Steelers backup quarterback Charlie Batch has openly wondered whether the team drafted quarterback Landry Jones to eventually supplant starter Ben Roethlisberger.

Jones reacted to that notion with a smile and a shake of the head, per the Associated Press.

“I have no idea,” Jones said. “You might want to talk to the coaches or Mr. Rooney on that one, what they want to do. I’m just here to learn football. They give me an opportunity to come play.”

The AP items address the possibility of Jones replacing Roethlisberger dismissively, calling it “preposterous” and suggesting that the 31-year-old Roehtlisberger “could easily play for the better part of another decade before the Steelers need to get serious about a successor.”

If you see photos and info on Sooners (especially rookies since rookie camps are starting up around now) near you or anywhere on the Internet, can you share them here?

PS: Look under Landry's left arm in this photo. Is that a tattoo?
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/jones1.jpg?w=250

8timechamps
5/7/2013, 07:03 PM
LJ has had that tattoo for at least a couple of years.

badger
7/30/2013, 01:44 PM
My Packers are screwed -- the Vikings now have TWO Adrian Petersons (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/adrian-peterson-vikings-training-camp-photos/):
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Adrian2l.jpg

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 05:51 PM
http://mediacenter.smugmug.com/photos/i-k7Hxhrf/0/L/i-k7Hxhrf-L.jpg

Quinton Carter

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 08:46 PM
http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp2013_TC_0729_0132_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Justin Brown #15

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 08:49 PM
http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp2013_TC_0729_1183--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Landry Jones

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 09:02 PM
http://prod.images.rams.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/RAMS/assets/images/imported/STL/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/tempTraining_Camp_Practice_072913_114--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

R. J. Washington #92

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 09:13 PM
http://prod.images.lions.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/LIONS/assets/images/imported/DET/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/tempphoto11-073013--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Travis Lewis

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 09:21 PM
http://prod.images.saints.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/SAINTS/assets/images/imported/NO/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_MH12048--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Kenny Stills

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 09:23 PM
http://prod.images.bears.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BEARS/assets/images/imported/CHI/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temptc_072913_10--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Brody Eldridge

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 09:58 PM
http://prod.images.lions.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/LIONS/assets/images/imported/DET/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/tempphoto25-072913--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Ryan Broyles

cccasooner2
7/30/2013, 10:25 PM
http://prod.images.cowboys.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/COWBOYS/assets/images/imported/DAL/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/tempIMG_7216--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

DeMarco Murray

Collier11
7/30/2013, 10:32 PM
Lets hope Murray and Broyles stay healthy this year, they could both have big years.

Lets try to keep track in this thread of those who make the team or get cut, I like to see how our OU fellas are doing in the big leagues

swardboy
8/6/2013, 08:17 PM
RJ making a little noise with Rams:

players who pass the eyeball test/have nfl bodies
Cunningham....looks like an nfl starter
Ganaway...
RJ Washington de....ran with 2's with C Long again MIA
Conrath...much bigger
Sims..new number/new body no longer a skinny fast de
Harkey....
McGee..looks like a nfl cb
Barksdale

Collier11
8/6/2013, 08:18 PM
Jefferson had 2 picks in todays scrimmage, Landry getting tons of praise for the Steel men

8timechamps
8/6/2013, 08:21 PM
RJ making a little noise with Rams:

Would really like to see RJ make the squad. He never quite lived up to the hype coming out of high school, but I always liked the kid.

stoopified
8/7/2013, 07:35 AM
Would really like to see RJ make the squad. He never quite lived up to the hype coming out of high school, but I always liked the kid.True dat

Pricetag
8/7/2013, 12:41 PM
http://prod.images.bears.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BEARS/assets/images/imported/CHI/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temptc_072913_10--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Brody Eldridge
What the heck is Eldridge doing in this picture?

Salt City Sooner
8/7/2013, 12:50 PM
What the heck is Eldridge doing in this picture?
Practicing his receiving skills for his next team. The Bears cut him.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/7/2013, 01:34 PM
Joe Morgan, Saints WR, is out for the year with a torn ACL so Kenny just moved up the depth chart. It looks like he's behind Nick Toon right now for the number 3 WR, but as the 4th guy should get plenty of PT in this offense.

Collier11
8/7/2013, 05:59 PM
I have been hearing good things about him too so hopefully he can have a solid year.

Articles out there in Steeler land about Ben taking Landry under his wing and helping groom him as the future franchise guy...bite that off haters :D

8timechamps
8/8/2013, 09:59 PM
The only image I could find of Tony Jefferson. There could be more, I just didn't look through all of them.

Tony Jefferson (36)
http://prod.images.cardinals.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/CARDINALS/assets/images/imported/ARI/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempP--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.OnHigh.jpg?width=960&height=720

Scott D
8/11/2013, 07:12 PM
Oakland Raiders

2747 Keenan Clayton

2748 Reggie Smith

2749 Stacy McGee

They make it sound like it might be Reggie's last chance to get a gig in the NFL after being out in 2012. His best shot is to lock up a second string position. They have high hopes for McGee, and Clayton is expected to stick around on special teams and as a backup linebacker.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/12/2013, 08:11 AM
Article on Kenny Stills. He looked like a rookie in his first outing

Email

View/Post Comments
Kenny Stills had a dropped pass, a fumble and an offensive pass interference call during the New Orleans Saints' preseason opener on Friday night. And his stat sheet paled in comparison to fellow young receivers Preston Parker and Nick Toon during the Saints' 17-13 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs

Yet, oddly enough, I still came away liking the rookie's chances of winning the No. 3 receiver job more than I did before the game.

Although Stills didn't maximize his opportunity on Friday night, the Saints clearly showed how highly they think of the talented fifth-round draft pick from Oklahoma, giving him some prime-time looks with the first-string offense.

"We didn't just flip a coin or go rock-paper-scissors," Saints coach Sean Payton said of giving Stills the starting nod Friday while veteran Marques Colston sat out as a precaution with his foot injury still on the mend.

"He's been playing pretty well. He's smart, he's picked up things well. He runs well," Payton continued. "There's gonna be a number of good things for us to see, and things we need to correct from his play tonight. But we wanted to give him a look with us resting Colston. And he's gonna have to contribute.

"He's shown enough early in this camp where, you know, we think he can. He's learned quickly. Some of the other guys need to pick up and figure out what they're doing."

Payton didn't name names when it came to those "other guys," but he talked about the receivers' struggles with getting lined up and knowing their assignments.

It's all the more impressive that Stills has vaulted himself so high in the pecking order since he just got here three months ago.

Typically, the Saints make their young receivers wait and learn for a year or two. Not since Colston in 2006 have they thrown a rookie into the fire right away.

But Stills' chance might arrive much sooner - especially in the wake of this week's season-ending injury to incumbent No. 3 receiver Joe Morgan.

Clearly, though, Stills still has some work to do.

His Saints debut was far from a clean performance.

He couldn't hang on to a deep pass on the Saints' fourth play of the night that would have made him an instant cult hero in the Who Dat Nation. It was a difficult catch, but Stills himself insisted it was a drop, saying, "Anything that touches my hands is a drop. So I definitely was disappointed in that."

Stills bounced back quickly with an outstanding back-shoulder catch for a 22-yard gain on the next series. But on the very next play, he fumbled the exchange from quarterback Drew Brees on an attempted end-around run. He took the blame for that, as well, saying "I got ahead of myself."

"A little bit of good, a little bit of bad," Stills said of his NFL debut. "You know, it was the first game, so (it was good) to just to be able to get those jitters out of the way, just to be able to get out there and start playing again and stop thinking so much.

"You know, I expect a lot more from myself. So I'm excited to get back to work."

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills (84) goes up for the ball as Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Jalil Brown (30) defends during the preseason game between the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs at the Superdome on Friday, August 9, 2013. (Brett Duke, Nola.com / The Times-Picayune)

Later in the game, Stills was flagged for a very questionable offensive pass interference penalty when he got tangled up with a cornerback on an underthrown deep ball from backup quarterback Luke McCown. But Stills won't get too much heat for that since both Payton and Brees showed stunned reactions after watching the replay - and Payton called timeout to ask the officials what they were thinking.

Anyone glancing at the Saints' stat sheet might think Stills fell behind a few other guys in the pecking order on Friday night, but that would be a false assumption.

Yes, Parker had a terrific night with both touchdown catches - also drawing praise from Payton after the game, and probably boosting his long-shot chances of making the 53-man roster in the process.

And Toon looked good, too, catching four passes for 66 yards. And his best catch of the night came on a deep ball from McCown that drifted a step out of bounds. If it had stayed in bounds, he might have 100 yards. I think Toon is a virtual lock to make the Saints' 53-man roster.

But both of those guys did their damage with the second-string offense against second- and third-string defenders. And neither one is quite the "dynamic" style of receiver that the Saints are looking for in their No. 3 receiver.

With Morgan gone, the Saints are looking for a big-play threat who can put a scare into opposing defenses. Stills has that ability. Although he wasn't always used as a deep threat at Oklahoma, he made big plays with his speed, finishing with 204 catches for 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns in three years. Stills then ran the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds at the NFL scouting combine, tied for fourth fastest among receivers.

The biggest "knock" on Stills was that he was a "raw" prospect who might need time to develop. But the Saints are clearly willing to see if they can speed up that timetable.

I still think Stills' biggest competition will come from newly-signed veteran Steve Breaston, who played sparingly Friday because he's so new to the team. Or from other veterans who might come free on the free agent market this month (a group that could possibly include former Saints Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem).

But Stills has the first and best chance to win the job right now.

badger
8/12/2013, 09:38 AM
Articles out there in Steeler land about Ben taking Landry under his wing and helping groom him as the future franchise guy...bite that off haters :D

It makes sense --- his little sister and Landry's wife are BFFs from their days on OU's womens basketball team. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Ben asked Pitt to draft Landry.

badger
8/12/2013, 11:39 AM
Kenny Stills had a dropped pass, a fumble and an offensive pass interference call during the New Orleans Saints' preseason opener on Friday night. And his stat sheet paled in comparison to fellow young receivers Preston Parker and Nick Toon during the Saints' 17-13 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs
:( don't care what the coach says now --- if he's getting outperformed in game situations by others, his No. 3 receiver spot is up for grabs.

Scott D
8/12/2013, 11:56 AM
during the broadcast of the Patriots/Eagles game, the Eagles GM was very high on David King.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/12/2013, 01:00 PM
:( don't care what the coach says now --- if he's getting outperformed in game situations by others, his No. 3 receiver spot is up for grabs.

True, but the other guys did their damage against the Chiefs' backups. Kenny dropped a pass on the first possession and then made a nice catch on a back shoulder throw from Brees on the second possession. Stills was always sure handed at OU so I'll attribute that drop to first game jitters. The Saints are going to give him every opportunity because he's the only deep threat. We'll see how he does this week.

Boomer.....
8/12/2013, 01:46 PM
Sounds like Lane is a natural.

In his preseason debut, Philadelphia offensive tackle Lane Johnson looked like just the kind of player the Eagles hoped they were getting with the fourth overall pick in the NFL draft.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly said today that when offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland graded the film from the preseason opener against the Patriots, Johnson came out as the top player on the line.

“He may have been our most consistent offensive lineman, the way Coach Stoutland graded it out,” Kelly said. “He knew exactly what he was doing. He had no mental errors.”

Kelly named Johnson as one of three rookies who stood out as having exceptional preseason debuts, with the others being nose tackle Bennie Logan, a third-round pick, and defensive end Damion Square, an undrafted free agent.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/12/2013, 01:51 PM

The game situations at this point are meaningless..Most of the people getting the game opportunities now won't be on the team when season starts.

badger
8/12/2013, 01:54 PM
The game situations at this point are meaningless..Most of the people getting the game opportunities now won't be on the team when season starts.

Very true. Admittedly, I expected greater things out of Kenny's Sooner career than I saw, so I'm not sure how much to expect in his pro career.

BieberFever
8/12/2013, 08:57 PM

Wow, that was a stupid thing to say

badger
8/13/2013, 08:15 AM
Wow, that was a stupid thing to say

Forgive me then, but I really don't have a lot of confidence in Kenny's NFL future. He'll probably make the roster since they spent a draft pick on him, but I'm not sure he'll last 3 seasons.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/13/2013, 08:24 AM
Forgive me then, but I really don't have a lot of confidence in Kenny's NFL future. He'll probably make the roster since they spent a draft pick on him, but I'm not sure he'll last 3 seasons.

They drafted him in the 5th round so he's not guaranteed anything. I listened to Payton talk about him yesterday and he said the reason he was starting is that he's picked up the offense faster than other guys, including Toon who's already been in the offense for a year. I know he exhibited maturity issues at OU, but maybe he's gotten past that. We'll see.

jk the sooner fan
8/13/2013, 08:41 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Ben asked Pitt to draft Landry.

dumb

please tell me you were joking

badger
8/13/2013, 08:57 AM
I know he exhibited maturity issues at OU, but maybe he's gotten past that.
I really hope so. Even if Sooners don't make the Packers I like to see them make other NFL teams

please tell me you were joking
Nah, wasn't joking. Ben's been with that franchise for a long time, so he probably does either offer player input or get asked for player input. Everything I've read suggests that Ben and Carlee are close, so odds are, Ben's met both Whitney and Landry many times before.

In any event, I probably hit the panic button a bit fast on some of our Sooner pros, given that we're only a week into preseason games or so. Maybe I'm just secretly hoping they all get cut so they can join the Packers ;)

jk the sooner fan
8/13/2013, 08:58 AM
ok - if you truly believe that Ben R. asked the Steelers to draft LJ based on the relationship between Whitney and Carlee - then i say again

DUMB

badger
8/13/2013, 09:03 AM
Go ahead and say it, I can take it. I don't think it was so much asking to draft a friend, but a player he was familiar with and personally knew was talented... that might not have made the Steelers move in the first several rounds, but by round 4, why not take a chance on someone your quarterback recommends?

Scott D
8/13/2013, 11:30 AM
Simply because that is not, nor has it ever been how the Pittsburgh Steelers operate. Any franchise that operated on the premise of drafting a player on the recommendation of a current player is a franchise that would be in complete disarray.

Collier11
8/13/2013, 06:55 PM
the Raiders might do that, not the Steelers

Scott D
8/14/2013, 04:52 AM
At one time the Raiders might have drafted a player on the word of a former player, but Mr. Davis isn't calling the shots from the beyond.

swardboy
8/14/2013, 06:58 AM
^ Are you sure?

tulsaoilerfan
8/14/2013, 07:25 PM
Anything new on the Hammer?

badger
8/15/2013, 08:07 AM
From a few days ago, via detroitlions.com (http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Camp-Notebook-Ronnell-Lewis-fighting-a-numbers-game-to-make-the-final-roster/4dab20d9-4d7c-4f18-a851-3e2adcbc288b):

Defensive end Ronnell Lewis has a long road to travel to make the Lions roster.

The numbers game at the defensive end position doesn't seem to be in his favor, but that's not going to stop him from trying to better his technique and potentially flash enough good things to be in the conversation when the final 53-man roster is eventually discussed.

Lewis started behind when he began camp on the physically unable to perform list. That lasted for nearly a week, but since he came off that list Aug. 1, he's been available and on the field.

"I think the biggest thing is he's been available," head coach Jim Schwartz said of his second-year defensive end. "When he came off the PUP he's been available now to practice and play. Last year at this time that wasn't always the case. He was in and out of the lineup and games. I think that it's a little bit different this year."

There's more at the link.

Is practice squad a possibility? He was active in 8 games last year, but the rules might be that he couldn't have been on the active roster, not just play in the games (If a player is active for more than 8 games in a single season, they are ineligible to be on the practice squad, if I read the rules correctly).

Collier11
8/15/2013, 07:25 PM
he had a good 1st preseason game

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/16/2013, 01:59 AM
Johnson looked decent with the Eagles tonight. He got beat a couple of times at the end of the half, but honestly I feel sorry for any OL with Vick dancing around in the pocket. He just doesn't seem like he can stay in one place and that has to be a nightmare to block for. I didn't see David King in there.

badger
8/16/2013, 09:18 AM
Is this list updated and accurate, guys?

Frank Alexander Carolina Panthers Defensive End
Jeremy Beal Denver Broncos Defensive End
Sam Bradford St. Louis Rams Quarterback
Cory Brandon Chicago Bears Offensive Tackle
Justin Brown Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver
Ryan Broyles Detroit Lions Wide Receiver
Quinton Carter Denver Broncos Safety
Chris Chester Washington Redskins Guard
Keenan Clayton Oakland Raiders Linebacker
Jamell Fleming Arizona Cardinals Cornerback
Dominique Franks Atlanta Falcons Cornerback
Jermaine Gresham Cincinnati Bengals Tight End
James Hanna Dallas Cowboys Tight End
Javon Harris Arizona Cardinals Safety
Garrett Hartley New Orleans Saints Place kicker
Demontre Hurst Chicago Bears Cornerback
Tony Jefferson Arizona Cardinals Safety
Lane Johnson Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Tackle
Landry Jones Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback
Davin Joseph Tampa Bay Buccaneers Guard
David King Philadelphia Eagles Defensive End
Travis Lewis Detroit Lions Linebacker
Ronnell Lewis Detroit Lions Defensive End
Phil Loadholt Minnesota Vikings Offensive Tackle
Curtis Lofton New Orleans Saints Linebacker
Mossis Madu New York Jets Running Back
Gerald McCoy Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Tackle
Jamarkus McFarland San Diego Chargers Defensive End
Stacy McGee Oakland Raiders Defensive Tackle
DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys Running Back
Adrian Peterson Minnesota Vikings Running Back
Reggie Smith Oakland Raiders Safety
Donald Stephenson Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Lineman
Kenny Stills New Orleans Saints Wide Receiver
Casey Walker Carolina Panthers Defensive Tackle
R.J. Washington St. Louis Rams Defensive End
Tress Way Chicago Bears Punter
Trent Williams Washington Redskins Offensive Tackle
James Winchester Philadelphia Eagles Long Snapper

in b4 tl;dr :)

Collier11
8/16/2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think any Sooners have been cut yet???

badger
8/16/2013, 07:46 PM
KENNY STILLS TOUCHDOWN!

I would like to take back any previous posts regarding him not being 100 percent awesome :)

If anyone else gets NFL Network, they're showing whiparound coverage... and Kenny Stills' TD catch :D

swardboy
8/16/2013, 08:11 PM
Garret Hartley hit a 53 yard field goal for the Saints.

8timechamps
8/16/2013, 08:29 PM
They drafted him in the 5th round so he's not guaranteed anything. I listened to Payton talk about him yesterday and he said the reason he was starting is that he's picked up the offense faster than other guys, including Toon who's already been in the offense for a year. I know he exhibited maturity issues at OU, but maybe he's gotten past that. We'll see.

Surprisingly, the Saints would owe him about $200,000 if he were to be cut. That's not big money by NFL contract standards, but it could be enough to keep him around.

Kenny signed a 4 year/$2.3 million contract with the Saints, however, only $200k are guaranteed.

Collier11
8/16/2013, 08:40 PM
Plus he got a signing bonus, so they would be out that plus the 200k?

Scott D
8/16/2013, 09:40 PM
boy it's a shame that only the SEC and USC put anyone in the NFL anymore ;)

Salt City Sooner
8/16/2013, 11:56 PM
I don't think any Sooners have been cut yet???
I know the Bears cut Brody Eldridge about a week ago.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/17/2013, 08:53 AM

Surprisingly, the Saints would owe him about $200,000 if he were to be cut. That's not big money by NFL contract standards, but it could be enough to keep him around.

Kenny signed a 4 year/$2.3 million contract with the Saints, however, only $200k are guaranteed.

The Saints may owe him money for outperforming his rookie contract. Right now he's a virtual lock to be starting against the Falcons opening day.

tulsaoilerfan
8/17/2013, 05:08 PM
Unless weird things happen Stills will be the number 3 receiver for the Saints

8timechamps
8/17/2013, 06:52 PM
The Saints may owe him money for outperforming his rookie contract. Right now he's a virtual lock to be starting against the Falcons opening day.

NFL contracts are weird and extremely confusing to the untrained eye. Technically, there is no "guaranteed" contracts, but there is often wording written within the contracts that for all intents and purposes are guarantees.

Look at AD's contract for example, in 2013, he's scheduled to receive $11.2 million total. But they break it down like this:

Signing Bonus (even though it's not a new contract, they stretch it out over the full term to help with the cap hit): $2.4 million
Misc. Addition (again, another standard addendum to most NFL contracts to work with the cap rules): $250k
"Dead" Amount (THIS is the wording in AD's contract that serves as a season guarantee): $7.45 million
Base Amount (This is the total amount, including the Dead amount, if he finishes the season): $13.9 million

The wording for the "Dead" amount can be different from player to player, but it generally means "guaranteed". In 2013, Kenny Stills "Dead" amount is $194,452. If he makes the team, he'll receive an additional $259,161. Add in his signing bonus (which he's already received) of $48,613, and Kenny will make $502,226. A big change over previous rookie contracts (even for a guy drafted in the later rounds).

Bourbon St Sooner
8/17/2013, 09:45 PM
I'm sure that u know more about this than I do, but I was just alluding to something I've heard before that under the new CBA, there's a pool of money for rookies that over-perform their contract. As a 5th round pick I'm thinking Stills is looking likely to do that.

Collier11
8/18/2013, 12:29 AM
Tony Jefferson had 2 ints in the preseason game tonight

badger
8/18/2013, 01:49 PM
Finally watched rams vs pack DVr. Poor Sam still doesn't look entirely solid and wasn't that impressed with sooner slayer tavon Austin either.

Started to see rj Washington in about third to fourth quarter. No highlights, no obvious blunders. Might make it to practice squad?

The whorns: jermichael Finley begrudgingly looked solid. Fortunately, we were moving our first quarter offense too fast for him to pull off his silly fin dance. So sick of that

Vince... Has no speed to his pass. The spiral goes through the motions, but the ball takes forever to arrive, and when it does, it's not always on target. When he scrambled, it was apparent that he college speed has lost a few steps.

Congrats to tony Jefferson. Glad he's. doing well with the cards

BieberFever
8/18/2013, 02:18 PM
Finally watched rams vs pack DVr. Poor Sam still doesn't look entirely solid and wasn't that impressed with sooner slayer tavon Austin either.

Started to see rj Washington in about third to fourth quarter. No highlights, no obvious blunders. Might make it to practice squad?

The whorns: jermichael Finley begrudgingly looked solid. Fortunately, we were moving our first quarter offense too fast for him to pull off his silly fin dance. So sick of that

Vince... Has no speed to his pass. The spiral goes through the motions, but the ball takes forever to arrive, and when it does, it's not always on target. When he scrambled, it was apparent that he college speed has lost a few steps.

Congrats to tony Jefferson. Glad he's. doing well with the cards

thanks for popping in and amazing us with the obvious..

Collier11
8/18/2013, 04:04 PM
This website does a good job of compiling all OU related stats each week...looks like if TJ does make it, it might be at the expense of Jovan Harris

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2013/8/17/4631526/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-nfl-preseason-2013

BlownGP
8/19/2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I think it's going to be a battle between toon and stills, but to me there two different type of receivers.

Toon is like Colston and Stills is like a L-Mo..

Either way it doesn't matter who is the #3 spot. #4 will get playing time in this offense and with Payton back. Its guaranteed.

WHO DAT!!!!

badger
8/20/2013, 08:19 AM
A few good spots for Landry late in the game (I think he played most, if not all, of the second half, was the third QB in for Steelers). I was worried initially when they seemed to only have him hand off the ball

swardboy
8/20/2013, 08:24 AM
Sammy B. is completing 65% of his preseason passes, and has a QB rating of 125. His one fumbled snap and the overthrow of a wide-open Tavon Austin for a sure td aside, he'll be just fine. I've especially noticed a greater mobility in the pocket to buy time and make the completion. If this follows through to the regular season, look out 4,000 yards.

badger
8/20/2013, 11:24 AM
Trent Williams (71) in pregame yesterday:
http://prod.images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempPregamePIT_0017--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720
http://prod.images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempPregamePIT_0018--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720
Chris Chester snuck into this one (66, on the right):
http://prod.images.redskins.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/REDSKINS/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempSteel2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720
Landry Jones (3):
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2013/08/19/0ap2000000231934_video_rhr_210.jpg
(it was attached to this NFL.com video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000231934/Landry-Jones-finds-Moye-for-a-touchdown))
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/018/950/hi-res-7592914_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=434&q=85
Didn't see any Justin Brown (Steelers receiver)

badger
8/20/2013, 12:54 PM
By the way... (all times Oklahoma time)

Right now: NFL rosters can have up to 90 players

3 p.m. Aug. 27: NFL rosters can have up to 75 players

5 p.m. Aug. 31: NFL rosters at 53 players; Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

11 a.m. Sept. 1: NFL rosters can have up to 8 players on their practice squads*.

Sept 5, 8, 9: First week of NFL season!

*Practice squad: Free agents who do not have an accrued season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Seasons. A player cannot serve on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.

In other words, the week of the turk in underway

Sooner in Tampa
8/22/2013, 01:18 PM
Great list!!!

Is this list updated and accurate, guys?

Frank Alexander Carolina Panthers Defensive End
Jeremy Beal Denver Broncos Defensive End
Sam Bradford St. Louis Rams Quarterback
Cory Brandon Chicago Bears Offensive Tackle
Justin Brown Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver
Ryan Broyles Detroit Lions Wide Receiver
Quinton Carter Denver Broncos Safety
Chris Chester Washington Redskins Guard
Keenan Clayton Oakland Raiders Linebacker
Jamell Fleming Arizona Cardinals Cornerback
Dominique Franks Atlanta Falcons Cornerback
Jermaine Gresham Cincinnati Bengals Tight End
James Hanna Dallas Cowboys Tight End
Javon Harris Arizona Cardinals Safety
Garrett Hartley New Orleans Saints Place kicker
Demontre Hurst Chicago Bears Cornerback
Tony Jefferson Arizona Cardinals Safety
Lane Johnson Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Tackle
Landry Jones Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback
Davin Joseph Tampa Bay Buccaneers Guard
David King Philadelphia Eagles Defensive End
Travis Lewis Detroit Lions Linebacker
Ronnell Lewis Detroit Lions Defensive End
Phil Loadholt Minnesota Vikings Offensive Tackle
Curtis Lofton New Orleans Saints Linebacker
Mossis Madu New York Jets Running Back
Gerald McCoy Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Tackle
Jamarkus McFarland San Diego Chargers Defensive End
Stacy McGee Oakland Raiders Defensive Tackle
DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys Running Back
Adrian Peterson Minnesota Vikings Running Back
Reggie Smith Oakland Raiders Safety
Donald Stephenson Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Lineman
Kenny Stills New Orleans Saints Wide Receiver
Casey Walker Carolina Panthers Defensive Tackle
R.J. Washington St. Louis Rams Defensive End
Tress Way Chicago Bears Punter
Trent Williams Washington Redskins Offensive Tackle
James Winchester Philadelphia Eagles Long Snapper

in b4 tl;dr :)

badger
8/22/2013, 02:04 PM
Thursday night NFL Sooner watch (all times Oklahoma):

6:30 p.m. Patriots at Lions
Sooners (all on Lions roster): Ronnell Lewis (#50), Ryan Broyles (#84), Ronnell Lewis (#97)
Check NFL Network for live wraparound coverage tonight, as well as later rebroadcasts. Appears to only be local TV for the entire game live.

7 p.m. on ESPN: Panthers and Ravens
Sooners (all on Panthers roster): Casey Walker (#74), Frank Alexander (#90)

I can't believe the Ravens are Soonerless now :(

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2013, 02:26 PM
i dont think Broyles has played yet.....whats the update on his injury recovery?

badger
8/22/2013, 02:37 PM
i dont think Broyles has played yet.....whats the update on his injury recovery?

Did not practice yesterday, per this. (http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2013/08/22/sports/doc521371d12783e034646799.txt) Maybe we'll see him on the sideline, I guess :)

aj44mc
8/22/2013, 03:23 PM
A little article on TJ

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Tony-Jefferson-Tries-To-Maneuver-Onto-Roster/3a07e225-fe08-4a13-8fa9-575fd4cf7538

Collier11
8/22/2013, 07:00 PM
I want all of the OU guys to make a roster, but for some reason I am REALLY pulling for TJ

Scott D
8/22/2013, 08:43 PM
Broyles is running with the 2s tonight because the Lions wanted to have a better look at one of their other receivers who isn't a lock to make the team.

swardboy
8/22/2013, 10:19 PM
I heard Gruden do a little gushing over Frank Alexander for the Panthers.

Collier11
8/22/2013, 10:30 PM
I think he is safe, had a decent rookie year for a late rd pick

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2013, 06:25 AM
Broyles had 2 catches last night - 32ish yards

Scott D
8/23/2013, 09:38 AM
he might have played 3 series at the most. his second catch was a bit high thrown, but then again Kellen Moore was the QB at that point.

badger
8/23/2013, 10:03 AM
he might have played 3 series at the most. his second catch was a bit high thrown, but then again Kellen Moore was the QB at that point.

I am not bitter about the Fiesta Bowl at all (they had a different QB then anyways) but there are very few things about Bois Estate that you can say with a straight face, but I will try:

"Kellen Moore's continuous winning at Boise State merited his Heisman finalist status."

:P:D:);)

badger
8/23/2013, 10:26 AM
Sadly, couldn't find any Sooner NFL photos from last night's game. Think they would have gotten RB back from injury or Frank, after all the times Gruden mentioned him :)

Tonight:
7 p.m. on CBS: Seattle at Green Bay
No Sooners are on either roster, but tune in second half to see Graham Harrell/Vince Young look terrible. Seriously, I will scream if Aaron Rodgers has to leave the game for one snap this coming season.

9 p.m. on NFL Network: Bears at Raiders
Sooner Bears: Cory Brandon (76), Demontre Hurts (30) and Tress Way (1)
Sooner Raiders: Keenan Clayton (57), Stacy McGee (92), Reggie Smith (36)

Anyone have any info on those six guys?

aj44mc
8/23/2013, 10:48 AM
I think if TJ makes the roster both Javon Harris and Jamelle Flemming will be cut. It seems like Jameel is losing ground with all the new CB and Mathieu

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2013, 11:13 AM

I don't understand why Kellen Moore is still on a football field.

badger
8/23/2013, 11:49 AM

The BCS is done after this season. ;)

Scott D
8/23/2013, 12:08 PM

Mainly because Shawn Hill missed the game last night due to injury. One of the "great debates" is whether or not the Lions will carry 3 QB's this season and whether or not Moore will manage to somehow make the roster as that 3rd QB. On another note, out of the two lefty QB's on the rosters of the teams in that game, Moore didn't look too bad, while the other guy looked pretty good at holding a helmet on the sidelines ;)

badger
8/23/2013, 12:35 PM

STEP, as long as you're here, what can you tell me about Bears Cory Brandon, Demontre Hurst and Tress Way, as well as Raiders Keenan Clayton, Stacy McGee and Reggie Smith?

thank ya in advance!

Mjcpr
8/23/2013, 02:13 PM
STEP, as long as you're here, what can you tell me about Bears Cory Brandon, Demontre Hurst and Tress Way, as well as Raiders Keenan Clayton, Stacy McGee and Reggie Smith?

thank ya in advance!

They all used to play for OU.

YWIA

Collier11
8/24/2013, 10:35 AM
I think if TJ makes the roster both Javon Harris and Jamelle Flemming will be cut. It seems like Jameel is losing ground with all the new CB and Mathieu

Jamel Fleming has no chance to get cut

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:26 PM
Jamel Fleming has no chance to get cut

And the retention of TJ has nothing to do with what the Cards plan to do at the corner positions. Javon Harris, however, could be a victim if TJ is signed.

Collier11
8/24/2013, 03:08 PM
Jefferson is giving his self a shot at the practice squad at least

Collier11
8/24/2013, 04:03 PM
Into the 3rd week of pre-season, Tuesday is a big cut day. Hopefully our Sooners all have good showings. We have a lot of guys that are borderline.

badger
8/24/2013, 04:52 PM
Not sooner related... Graham Harrell got cut by packers so Vince young is likely Aaron Rodgers backup.

Collier11
8/24/2013, 05:03 PM
As much as I detest any horn, and personal irresponsibility in general ( VY embodies both) I am always ok with someone who messed up their life and then works hard to fix it. Hopefully this time around VY makes better decisions

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 10:45 PM
Just got home from the Broncos/Rams game, and got to see Sam, Jeremy Beal and R.J. Washington. Sam looked good, but what a crappy line he still has to play behind. When he had time to make his reads, he looked good. Otherwise, he was picking himself up from the turf.

I almost didn't recognize R.J. Washington. He's put on pounds, and looks like an NFL lineman. He played the entire second half and had a big fumble recovery near the Bronco endzone (it resulted in a TD, but the 2 point conversion failed). He also had a couple of tackles. I thought he looked really solid, and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the 53 man cut.

I'm afraid Beal is either going to be cut, or relegated to the practice squad (again). After making the 53 man cut last year, I thought he would have a leg up to make the squad, but he just doesn't get on the field. He played very little (just a bit in the 4th).

Quinton Carter is still out with injury, so he did not play.

The best part of the night was at the end of the game, Beal and Washington ran right to each other. They stood at midfield for quite a while, then Sam yelled something to them, and Beal yelled something back. I guess since Sam is big-time, he probably has media obligations, so he took off to the locker room right after that. But it was really cool to see the NFL Sooners together.

On the ride home, my kid said "why didn't you take pics for your Sooner board?"....smart kid, not so smart dad.

I'm going to next Thursday's Bronco/Cards game (with the sole purpose to see TJ, so I hope he's still there). I will definitely have the camera phone ready for any Sooner reunion.

Salt City Sooner
8/25/2013, 01:06 AM
Just got home from the Broncos/Rams game, and got to see Sam, Jeremy Beal and R.J. Washington. Sam looked good, but what a crappy line he still has to play behind. When he had time to make his reads, he looked good. Otherwise, he was picking himself up from the turf.

I almost didn't recognize R.J. Washington. He's put on pounds, and looks like an NFL lineman. He played the entire second half and had a big fumble recovery near the Bronco endzone (it resulted in a TD, but the 2 point conversion failed). He also had a couple of tackles. I thought he looked really solid, and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the 53 man cut.

I'm afraid Beal is either going to be cut, or relegated to the practice squad (again). After making the 53 man cut last year, I thought he would have a leg up to make the squad, but he just doesn't get on the field. He played very little (just a bit in the 4th).

Quinton Carter is still out with injury, so he did not play.

The best part of the night was at the end of the game, Beal and Washington ran right to each other. They stood at midfield for quite a while, then Sam yelled something to them, and Beal yelled something back. I guess since Sam is big-time, he probably has media obligations, so he took off to the locker room right after that. But it was really cool to see the NFL Sooners together.

On the ride home, my kid said "why didn't you take pics for your Sooner board?"....smart kid, not so smart dad.

I'm going to next Thursday's Bronco/Cards game (with the sole purpose to see TJ, so I hope he's still there). I will definitely have the camera phone ready for any Sooner reunion.
Don't know if this affects the camera plans any, but don't forget Fleming & Harris. They're both still there (at least currently, everything I've seen has said it could come down to an either/or between Harris & TJ for a spot).

nighttrain12
8/25/2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Lions-cut-four-players-including-DE-Ronnell-Lewis/ed00f8e3-cc83-4824-882d-50b8a2f770fc

Ronnell Lewis got cut today by the Lions. This would have been his 2nd season with Detroit. His arrest during the off-season certainly didn't help his borderline chances of making the team again.

badger
8/25/2013, 04:14 PM
Other sooner cuts via nfl.com

Tress way bears
Keenan Clayton raiders
James Winchester eagles

Collier11
8/25/2013, 04:31 PM
Kenny Stills with a long catch down the sideline and then a TD catch on an All Pro CB

Breadburner
8/25/2013, 05:04 PM
Wow @ Way....!!!!

Collier11
8/25/2013, 05:05 PM
The other punter was killing it that he was up against, he might get another shot

BlownGP
8/25/2013, 11:32 PM
Kenny Stills with a long catch down the sideline and then a TD catch on an All Pro CB

Stills is the man

Curly Bill
8/25/2013, 11:44 PM
Even though I may sometimes complain about their performance while they're Sooners, I wish all of our ex-Sooners could succeed in the NFL.

badger
8/26/2013, 09:42 AM
Jamarkus McFarland got cut by the Chargers.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jamarkus+McFarland+Corey+brandon+San+Diego+eixfJP8 J5-Ml.jpg

In honor of making it farther in the NFL than I ever would, the others who have been cut this weekend:
Keenan Clayton (57):
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/2012/11/Keenan-Clayton-by-Josh-D.-Weiss-US-PRESSWIRE.jpg
Tress Way:
http://www.trbimg.com/img-51fdc3df/turbine/ct-spt-0804-bits-bears-chicago-20130804-001/600/481x600
http://prod.static.lions.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DET/photos/person/players/bio-cards-2012/lewis-ronnell-biocard-111412.jpg
Couldn't find any of Winchester :(

Collier11
8/26/2013, 07:22 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Way will have a shot to make another team. The guy he was competing against was killing the ball in the preseason games

Collier11
8/26/2013, 07:23 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Way will have a shot to make another team. The guy he was competing against was killing the ball in the preseason games

Stills is the man

If Stills keeps his head on straight, he could be a 1000 yd receiver with the Saints, maybe not this year but in the future

Bourbon St Sooner
8/27/2013, 09:56 AM
I really think Stills has gotten his act together. I saw some quotes from him in the local paper talking about how he got in trouble at OU and he's used those lessons to mature. The Saints really haven't shown interest in dealing with head cases (Jeremy Shockey notwithstanding) so my thoughts when they drafted him was they must have thought those issues didn't represent his character.

btw, Garrett Hartley looks like he's really improved his accuracy. Everything he's kicked in preseason has been right down the pike, including 2 50+ yarders.

badger
8/27/2013, 10:10 AM
btw, Garrett Hartley looks like he's really improved his accuracy. Everything he's kicked in preseason has been right down the pike, including 2 50+ yarders.
It's quite telling in a league with exactly 32 kickers (and no more!!!!) that every time Garrett needs a break due to injury, they'll bring in a temporary sub and cut the sub immediately when Garrett's ready to go again. His position with the Saints can't be more solid, it appears.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/27/2013, 10:32 AM
It's quite telling in a league with exactly 32 kickers (and no more!!!!) that every time Garrett needs a break due to injury, they'll bring in a temporary sub and cut the sub immediately when Garrett's ready to go again. His position with the Saints can't be more solid, it appears.

He did lose his job for a few games back in 2010 when he started off poorly. But I think Payton's always had confidence in him because the Saints never cut him. He's as secure as any other kicker in the league. Which means if he misses a game winner against the Falcons and the Saints go on to lose, he'll be feeling the heat.

That said, he'll always be a cult hero in this town because for kicking the Saints into the Super Bowl and then making 3 kicks in the Super Bowl.

badger
8/27/2013, 11:21 AM
That said, he'll always be a cult hero in this town because for kicking the Saints into the Super Bowl and then making 3 kicks in the Super Bowl.

I remember after his postgame interview, it looked like everything female in New Orleans wanted him... to high five, of course
http://www.nflnewsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/Saints%E2%80%99-Garrett-Hartley%E2%80%99s-will-not-return-from-injury.jpg

badger
8/27/2013, 12:38 PM
Less than 3 hours left till 75-player limit. C'mon Sooners! Stay on rosters! :)

badger
8/27/2013, 04:04 PM
Javon Harris got cut today.
http://m2.nflrush.com/gal/sv/400x400/cardinals-packers-football-vince-young-javon-harris_pg_600.jpg

Have not heard of any other Sooners today, as teams needed to be down to 75 players by 3 p.m.

aj44mc
8/30/2013, 09:19 AM
Did anyone see the cards game? Stats looked good for TJ and I saw Beal got some action. I didn't see anything except TJ's fumble recovery highlight.

cvsooner
8/30/2013, 03:24 PM
Bears cut Demontre Hurst today, and Cory Brandon is likely to be waived or put on the injured list.

aj44mc
8/30/2013, 04:09 PM
Looks like TJ made 53.

badger
8/30/2013, 04:20 PM
I am surprised (but happy!) to not see a lot of Sooner names on the 53-cut list, but 5 p.m. Saturday is still a long ways away, and even after that, teams can still cut you if they like someone else better whose on the waiver wire.

David King (Eagles) and R.J. Washington (Rams) were also cut today.

If you are of the bitter variety, the d00she who stole AD's Heisman was cut by the Bills today, so he'll have plenty of time to do more Heisman House ads :mad:

8timechamps
8/30/2013, 05:15 PM
I'll post some TJ picks in a bit, but I was surprised he made the 53 man cut. The only time he saw last night was on special teams, and since you almost never see a kick-off return in the NFL, it was mostly him running down the field then to the sidelines.

One thing that stuck out to me about TJ was that during the game, he stood alone on the sidelines. Virtually every other player was either getting ready to go into the game, or (most of them) were goofing around. TJ kept his helmet on and never looked away from the field. I don't know if he was making sure they noticed his preparedness, or if he is just that way, but it was something I noticed.

Flemming played in the second half, and looked pretty good. Jeremy Beal played almost the entire game, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the 53 man.

Still no Quinton Carter, but I noticed his name didn't show up in the program this week (it was there for the 1st pre-season game). Not sure if he's on IR, or what.

badger
8/30/2013, 06:24 PM
Cuts (both 75-man and 53-man times) here via NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233304/article/roster-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams)

If you're unsure, this list is usually about a day old (NFL players by college) (http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o)

Collier11
8/30/2013, 07:32 PM
Bears cut Demontre Hurst today, and Cory Brandon is likely to be waived or put on the injured list.
Hurst played well enough to make the team, hopefully someone picks him up or they put him on the PS

Collier11
8/30/2013, 07:33 PM
I'll post some TJ picks in a bit, but I was surprised he made the 53 man cut. The only time he saw last night was on special teams, and since you almost never see a kick-off return in the NFL, it was mostly him running down the field then to the sidelines.

One thing that stuck out to me about TJ was that during the game, he stood alone on the sidelines. Virtually every other player was either getting ready to go into the game, or (most of them) were goofing around. TJ kept his helmet on and never looked away from the field. I don't know if he was making sure they noticed his preparedness, or if he is just that way, but it was something I noticed.

Flemming played in the second half, and looked pretty good. Jeremy Beal played almost the entire game, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the 53 man.

Still no Quinton Carter, but I noticed his name didn't show up in the program this week (it was there for the 1st pre-season game). Not sure if he's on IR, or what.

TJ had like 7 tackles and a sack, dont think he did all of that on STs

bluedogok
8/30/2013, 08:28 PM
Quinton Carter was put on season ending IR on 8/27.

8timechamps
8/30/2013, 09:01 PM
TJ had like 7 tackles and a sack, dont think he did all of that on STs

Holy ****!

I left the game with 11:00 to go in the 4th. I assumed, since TJ hadn't played defense the whole game, that I wouldn't miss anything. Clearly, assuming was the wrong thing to do.

I left early because a) it was a pre-season game, and b) damn kids and their dumb "school nights". Now, I wish I had stuck around!!!

8timechamps
8/30/2013, 09:02 PM
Quinton Carter was put on season ending IR on 8/27.

Okay, good to know what I wasn't losing my mind. I remember seeing his picture and name int he program for the first pre-season game, but didn't see it last night. That'd be why.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2013, 01:33 AM
R. J. Washington cut by the Rams...damn

St. Louis RamsCuts to 53: DE Mason Brodine (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/masonbrodine/2531154/profile), DT Garrett Goebel (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/garrettgoebel/2541503/profile), S Rashard Hall (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/rashardhall/2542262/profile), WR Nicholas Johnson, TE Philip Lutzenkirchen (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/philiplutzenkirchen/2539204/profile), DE Andre Martin (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/andremartin/2542007/profile), TE Zach Potter (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/zachpotter/71437/profile), CB Drew Thomas (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/drewthomas/2541798/profile), DE R.J. Washington (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/r.j.washington/2541799/profile) and OT D.J. Young (http://www.soonerfans.com/player/d.j.young/2531073/profile)

Collier11
8/31/2013, 10:32 AM
remember, a lot of these rooks that are cut will be signed to the PS in the next few days...keep an eye out

badger
8/31/2013, 10:45 AM
Jeremy beal cut from broncos.

Notable non soonerfans include domer jimmy clausen, whorn Vince young aaaaaaand... Tim tebow

SanJoaquinSooner
8/31/2013, 05:40 PM
tony Jefferson made the today's 53, but he could still be cut if the cards pick up someone on waivers. If he is cut and no one picks him up, I think he'd make the practice squad.

Collier11
8/31/2013, 06:01 PM
I think he is safe, he made a lot of plays in preseason and there aren't any big name Safeties out there. Landry obviously made it. Interested to see who all made it from the Sooner crew of the fringe guys

Collier11
8/31/2013, 06:06 PM
Justin Brown cut, Dom Franks makes the Falcons, James Hanna makes the Boys and will likely start in their 2 TE set, Travis Lewis makes the Lions again, Looks like Madu made the Jets but not 100%, no word on Stacy McGee or Reggie Smith, Casey Walker cut

Collier11
9/1/2013, 03:45 PM
Demontre Hurst makes the Bears PS, Reggie Smith and Stacy McGee are cut, so is Madu

okiewaker
9/1/2013, 03:58 PM
Good to see Hurst made PS.

okiewaker
9/1/2013, 11:01 PM
So I just watched the playback of the Bear/Bengal game. Hurst was a stud in that game, and even received "player of the game." They must got some bad *** dudes in front of him if he can only make the PS.

badger
9/2/2013, 12:12 PM
NFL teams are still making moves, so nobody's safe till the dust settles... might take a week before players can breathe easy.

For example, the Packers just picked up Seneca Wallace as Rodgers' backup. Remember him? The guy whose Heisman campaign we ended when Iowa State visited Norman in the early aughts? hehe

Collier11
9/2/2013, 12:24 PM
we will hopefully see several more Sooners make PS's in the next few days

badger
9/3/2013, 10:08 AM
The only two Sooners I saw on practice squads were Hurst (Bears) and Brown (Steelers).

However, still a very kick arse list of Sooners to make an NFL roster:
Sam Bradford (St. Louis Rams)
Justin Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers)
Ryan Broyles (Detroit Lions)
Quinton Carter (Denver Broncos)
Chris Chester (Washington Redskins)
Demontre Hurst (Chicago Bears)
Jamell Fleming (Arizona Cardinals)
Dominique Franks (Atlanta Falcons)
Jermaine Gresham (Cincinnati Bengals)
Garret Hartley (New Orleans Saints)
James Hanna (Dallas Cowboys)
Tony Jefferson (Arizona Cardinals)
Lane Johnson (Philadelphia Eagles)
Landry Jones (Pittsburgh Steelers)
Davin Joseph (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Phil Loadholt (Minnesota Vikings)
Travis Lewis (Detroit Lions)
Curtis Lofton (New Orleans Saints)
Gerald McCoy (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Stacy McGee (Oakland Raiders)
DeMarco Murray (Dallas Cowboys)
Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
Donald Stephenson (Kansas City Chiefs)
Kenny Stills (New Orleans Saints)
Trent Williams (Washington Redskins)

Collier11
9/3/2013, 11:01 AM
McGee was cut, did he make PS?

aj44mc
9/3/2013, 05:03 PM
TJ changed to #22

swardboy
9/3/2013, 05:17 PM
I thought Seneca Wallace retired from football. That was brief.

Collier11
9/3/2013, 06:14 PM
In non OU news, Tyler Wilson, the 4th rd pick QB from Arky got cut...you don't often see a guy go that high and then get cut. I think someone else signed him to a PS but still, crazy

Bourbon St Sooner
9/4/2013, 09:56 AM
I thought Seneca Wallace retired from football. That was brief.

Seneca was cut by the Saints a couple of weeks ago after failing to win the backup job. In the second pre-season game he turned it over 2 or 3 times in a quarter of football. But I guess he's still better than Vince Young.

Scott D
9/4/2013, 04:18 PM
In non OU news, Tyler Wilson, the 4th rd pick QB from Arky got cut...you don't often see a guy go that high and then get cut. I think someone else signed him to a PS but still, crazy

that's what happens when you get outplayed by an undrafted redhead from penn st.

Collier11
9/5/2013, 01:41 PM
when I saw Mcgloin play last year, I was shocked that he was a D1 QB