PDA

View Full Version : LeBron...and the talking heads..on abc

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2013, 05:27 PM
good grief, Magic is going off on how James is a t 4 time MVP and he HAS NO COMMERCIALS of relevance on TV..really?...good grief.

Curly Bill
5/6/2013, 07:46 AM
Lebron is easy not to like - I don't know that he's seen as a really viable spokesperson/salesman for a lot of companies.

JLEW1818
5/6/2013, 03:10 PM
Never MJ.

Lebron always ran away to play with talent. The end.

badger
5/6/2013, 03:49 PM
You don't need to likeable to be in commercials. That Kevin Federline thing a few years ago during the Super Bowl was hilarious.

As Nike is still the largest shoe company in the world with the most sales and the most everything, I have a feeling they know exactly what they're doing with their advertising (or lack thereof).

The quote from Magic was apparently this:

I'm in disbelief. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have more commercials than LeBron James. I can't believe that. In all my 35 years, I've never seen an MVP, back-to-back winner...not have any endorsement deals, not have any commercials on TV? Every time I look at the TV, I never see any LeBron James commercials.

I would credit both Chris and Blake's marketability, along with the mere fact that both are based in LA right now, where a lot of advertising shoots happen.