PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for OU Football 2013 ..

basel90
5/5/2013, 07:17 AM
A bit early , but i have a good feeling the Sooners can go unbeaten if we can get a win against Notre Dame . Which i think we can . This should be a defining game for stoops and his s new defensive /offensive schemes and coaches. I think we all agree Bob needs a new signature big win . Last year's 30-13 loss was very disappointing , we pass for almost 400 yards on ND, but we only rush for 15 yards !!!!. We must be better in the ground game this year and I am confident we will be with the new offensive coaches in place.

A win in South Bend on September 28th will prove a lot and should put OU in the top 5. We should keep climbing after that. Other than the ND game , i see OU winnning the Texas game and the rest of the games . OSU at Stillwater worries me but i think if our defense clicks , we win there as well. I am not worried about our offense .

I am very excited about all the changes Bob has made this off season . Let me know your thoughts.

GO SOONERS

Ruf/Nek7
5/5/2013, 10:05 AM
Tcu will be an interesting game too. I am curious to see how Pachall comes back. I don't think he willb be the same QB he was before rehab.

JLEW1818
5/5/2013, 10:40 AM
9-4
Lose in Cotton Bowl.

Lost our best WR, lost our best DB. Lost our QB.

Sabanball
5/5/2013, 11:09 AM
@South Bend could be tricky, but IF you guys can get the ND monkey off your backs finally then I see a possible undefeated season. Your schedule is very manageable, OSU and TCU could be tough games but I would expect you to win both of them. My prediction is 11-1.

SoonerStormchaser
5/5/2013, 11:46 AM
Probably a 8-5...and the heat finally begins to rise on Bob Stoops.

TahoeSOONER
5/5/2013, 12:17 PM
Obviously we need more balance on offense and it starts by getting the tough yards on the ground when needed. A very young DLine will need to hold up against BKellys physical brand of ball.

I know I'm an optimistic homer but I really like our chances if the young QB develops.

They beat us in our house with a freshman QB so why not return the favor with a little more experienced young QB.

I say 12-1 with the only loss being one of those slip up games.

MyT Oklahoma
5/5/2013, 12:28 PM
Anything less than an undefeated season and a National Championship is always a disappointment. So yes, I am prepared for disappointment once again next year.

We don't win in South Bend and we lose at least one other game along the way, maybe two.

P.S. But if our kids play their hearts out each week I can live with it. That's all I can really ask of them.

JLEW1818
5/5/2013, 02:12 PM
Fire Venables!!!!!!

OUster
5/5/2013, 02:26 PM
I honestly think this offense is a monster, even with the new qb. The loss of stills & brown will not be as drastic with the experienced talent waiting to take over. Bell's spring game decisions indicate he won't be losing games and with that offense behind him, I think they're leaning towards juggernaut status, again, but will keep a caution button handy.

I'm excited to see the lb play because they're all more athletic than what we've had even though they're not too deep. I think if Quincy Russell gets here and is what we expect, he and Jordan Phillips can take care of our dline woes as of late. The dbacks look solid with some very helpful depth coming in from recruiting. Plus, I feel all signs point towards Boulware being the real deal with special teams. I like this team...but don't want to get too excited for obvious reasons. I think if the whole teams gets their attitude right, they can be very, very good. Please let us have minimal injuries this year...for once!

cleller
5/5/2013, 02:41 PM
We don't win in South Bend and we lose at least one other game along the way, maybe two.

About the way I feel.

A win in South Bend would go a long ways toward easing the sting of any other losses, though.

Salt City Sooner
5/5/2013, 04:04 PM
Tell me we repeat last year's record (& conference title, co or no co ), & I'll take it & run. 2014 is the year I'm looking at.

basel90
5/5/2013, 04:31 PM
Blake bell could be a real difference maker, I have a good feeling about this kid. Landry is a system qb who lacked the intangibles that bell seems to have.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2013, 04:43 PM
If we can squash the leprechauns, that will make my football year.

ouwasp
5/5/2013, 07:07 PM
I want to be convinced the Sooner D will play like men and not like some Arena League nobodies! It was embarrassing to watch them chase after Baylor, WVU, OSU, and A&M ballcarriers as if they were a bunch of 5th graders during recess...

If they play crappy defense once again, OU won't have the O to bail them out, and the Sooners lose 5 games.

5/5/2013, 07:48 PM
I want to be convinced the Sooner D will play like men and not like some Arena League nobodies! It was embarrassing to watch them chase after Baylor, WVU, OSU, and A&M ballcarriers as if they were a bunch of 5th graders during recess...

If they play crappy defense once again, OU won't have the O to bail them out, and the Sooners lose 5 games.It does come down to how much improvement we can muster on defense.

Sabanball
5/5/2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!;3605902]It does come down to how much improvement we can muster on defense.[/QUOTE

This...

TXBOOMER
5/6/2013, 03:50 AM
Rebuilding year 4 losses.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 07:16 AM
We go Undefeated and bring home the Crystal.
hell Im a FAN what you think Ima say?

starclassic tama
5/6/2013, 07:51 AM
Lost our best WR, lost our best DB.

i thought jalen saunders and aaron colvin came back for their senior year?

sooneron
5/6/2013, 08:49 AM
9-4
, lost our best DB.

No we didn't.

2 losses imo. I'd REALLY like to beat neuter damn, but it would take Bob going back to his gambling ways to win there with this team. If our Oline holds up, I think Clay could have a great season. Not that he's the only back, but that's my take on who's getting the most snaps. Someone has to step up in the LBs and DL. Big time.

badger
5/6/2013, 08:51 AM
Let's bail on ND and schedule a mid-major instead. Isn't that about what they did to us after 1999? Hell, we got our home game? Eff off domer :P

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 08:56 AM
Let's bail on ND and schedule a mid-major instead. Isn't that about what they did to us after 1999? Hell, we got our home game? Eff off domer :P

Disagree, I want em to go up there and Kick their ***.

sooneron
5/6/2013, 09:10 AM

A, never say that, it makes us sound skeered. They didn't bail on us. We scheduled that game with the agreement that a home and home would be scheduled later. At least, that was my understanding.

badger
5/6/2013, 09:13 AM
A, never say that, it makes us sound skeered. They didn't bail on us. We scheduled that game with the agreement that a home and home would be scheduled later. At least, that was my understanding.

My understanding was that the home and home was scheduled, but ND paid the bailout fee so that they wouldn't have to travel to Norman for the return after we went to South Bend in 1999.

But whatever, they no longer have T'eo or his girlfriend, so we should be able to beat them.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 09:22 AM
My understanding was that the home and home was scheduled, but ND paid the bailout fee so that they wouldn't have to travel to Norman for the return after we went to South Bend in 1999.

But whatever, they no longer have T'eo or his girlfriend, so we should be able to beat them.

Nope , Rons correct. it was a One game deal with a Home an Home in the future . Which is Now

thecrimsoncrusader
5/6/2013, 10:14 AM
Reloading year. Undefeated thanks to having a QB that has a pair unlike the past four seasons, losing the passive Brent Venables era defenders and making the appropriate adjustments on defense to match the personnel. They should just hand over the trophy already.

5/6/2013, 02:13 PM
Let's bail on ND and schedule a mid-major instead. Isn't that about what they did to us after 1999? Hell, we got our home game? Eff off domer :PI nominate domer go to the SEC SEC SEC.

5/6/2013, 02:14 PM

But whatever, they no longer have T'eo or his girlfriend, so we should be able to beat them.They will ALWAYS have their refs.

5/6/2013, 02:16 PM
Reloading year. Undefeated thanks to having a QB that has a pair unlike the past four seasons, losing the passive Brent Venables era defenders and making the appropriate adjustments on defense to match the personnel. They should just hand over the trophy already.Bring it!

TheHumanAlphabet
5/6/2013, 03:42 PM
9-3, but I would be happy with 3-9 if the wins were ND, UTerus and OKLAST...

5/6/2013, 03:56 PM
9-3, but I would be happy with 3-9 if the wins were ND, UTerus and OKLAST...I would be superfine with those 3 wins. OK, K-State, too.

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 04:47 PM
we are an 8 win team next year imo. sooneron is right about the 99 ND game.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2013, 05:17 PM
9-4
Lose in Cotton Bowl.

And the losses?

IMO, every game is winnable for OU. However, they will likely lose a 2-3 games.

I will go low side and say 9-3 on the regular season.

ULM Win
WVU Win
Tulsa Win
@ND Loss
TCU Win
Texass Loss
@KU Win
TTU Win
@BU Win
ISU Win
@KSU Win
@OSU Loss

Dan Thompson
5/6/2013, 05:26 PM
ND loss
KSt close
TCU close
OSU close

Ruf/Nek7
5/6/2013, 05:31 PM
And the losses?

ULM Win
WVU Win
Tulsa Win
@ND Loss
TCU Win
Texass Loss
@KU Win
TTU Win
@BU Win
ISU Win
@KSU Win
@OSU Loss

Based on what?

goingoneight
5/6/2013, 05:58 PM
Nobody can even name that two deep yet.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2013, 06:21 PM
Based on what?

We don't know the starting QB, the two deep, or how the defense is going to look or play.

That said, very seldom does OU win more than 3 in a row vs. Texas. In fact it has only happened 4 times in the series history.

JLEW1818
5/6/2013, 06:32 PM
With what the Whorns showed last year, Bell could run the ball every time. We could score a TD every time. Just need to stop Ash once.

5/6/2013, 06:45 PM
And the losses?

ULM Win
WVU Win
Tulsa Win
@ND Loss
TCU Win
Texass Loss
@KU Win
TTU Win
@BU Win
ISU Win
@KSU Win
@OSU Lossthose are the three teams at the very tip-top of my Ef-off list. We had better at least win one of those games...

Ruf/Nek7
5/6/2013, 08:17 PM
We don't know the starting QB, the two deep, or how the defense is going to look or play.

That said, very seldom does OU win more than 3 in a row vs. Texas. In fact it has only happened 4 times in the series history.

Understandable but I politely disagree. I think they have bigger issues with the fact that ash is worse than any QB we put on the field and i like our o-line better. I have faith in Mike and the new hires *Monty* to revamp this defense. The only reason texas looks halfway desirable to people are the returners but those returners were not good players to begin with. IMO

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2013, 09:12 PM
Trust me Ruf/Nek7....I will pull for the Sooners to win every single game.

But at this moment in time, that is my prediction.

The schedule is very favorable to win all games. But the likelihood of it happening is very slim.

That said, The predictions I gave for a record were the low end of how I see it.

OSU and ND are by far the toughest two games on the schedule at this point in time.

basel90
5/6/2013, 11:34 PM
If we lose to ND and OSU , this season is a failure by Sooner standards.

5/7/2013, 12:06 AM
If we lose to ND and OSU , this season is a failure by Sooner standards.If we only beat domer, that's a high note I will long remember.

basel90
5/7/2013, 01:18 AM
Yes i feel we can do it and beat them this year. last year's loss was ugly , we could have won with a balanced attack .

Ruf/Nek7
5/7/2013, 09:49 AM
Trust me Ruf/Nek7....I will pull for the Sooners to win every single game.

But at this moment in time, that is my prediction.

The schedule is very favorable to win all games. But the likelihood of it happening is very slim.

That said, The predictions I gave for a record were the low end of how I see it.

OSU and ND are by far the toughest two games on the schedule at this point in time.

Agree to disagree. We destroyed texas with our weak defense last year. And Bell will not be a set back at all.

Ruf/Nek7
5/7/2013, 11:44 AM
Here are some highlights of the texass spring game. For those who did not see it, there are a couple of things to note. 1. the whorns appear to want to run the up tempo, no-huddle offense in sets that are very similar to OU. Biggest difference, the use of a TE. Now, here is why I do not worry about the whorns. Their defense is terrible yet again. Their interior d line is soft. They get no push up the middle nor can they fill gaps. Their ends are decent but not enough to overcome the inside. Their d backs had a hard time getting into zone coverages and left a lot of open field for the receivers and most importantly, they still do not know how to tackle!! Manny's approach to tackling is killing them slowly. We will have a bigger battle on our hands than the previous two years but should still have our way on offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8PXGghv9a4
Thoughts? Rebuttals?

SoonerKnight
5/7/2013, 12:05 PM
The O is as bad as the D! The O made the D look better than they are!! Kinda like "Objects may appear closer than they are!"

LOL!

cherokeebrewer
5/15/2013, 02:57 PM
I'll be optimistic and say 11-2 and hope for another magical season like 2000. I think the offense will be pretty salty. Blake Bell throws a terrific deep ball, will have the receivers who can get deep and a stable of good running backs. He adds another dimension when he tucks & runs...the key here is to limit bonehead plays. He'll have some growing pains no doubt but seems like a natural leader and has a good cast around him...

The defense: It can't get much worse and I welcome the new blood...

Scott D
5/15/2013, 03:14 PM
Here are some highlights of the texass spring game. For those who did not see it, there are a couple of things to note. 1. the whorns appear to want to run the up tempo, no-huddle offense in sets that are very similar to OU. Biggest difference, the use of a TE. Now, here is why I do not worry about the whorns. Their defense is terrible yet again. Their interior d line is soft. They get no push up the middle nor can they fill gaps. Their ends are decent but not enough to overcome the inside. Their d backs had a hard time getting into zone coverages and left a lot of open field for the receivers and most importantly, they still do not know how to tackle!! Manny's approach to tackling is killing them slowly. We will have a bigger battle on our hands than the previous two years but should still have our way on offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8PXGghv9a4
Thoughts? Rebuttals?

Is David Ash still the starter?

Tear Down This Wall
5/15/2013, 03:24 PM
3-5 losses. Defensive line is...forget it. Just, 3-5 losses...but, probably some records set on offense, which is what counts the most these days with Stoops.

OUMonster
5/15/2013, 04:29 PM
ULM Win
WVU Win
Tulsa Win
@ND Loss
TCU Win
Texas Win
@KU Win
TTU Win
@BU *
ISU Win
@KSU *
@OSU Loss

*We lose at Baylor OR at KSU and finish 9-3

REDREX
5/15/2013, 06:15 PM
Any Quincy Russell news?

8timechamps
5/15/2013, 08:56 PM
Any Quincy Russell news?

Officially on the roster is the only "news" out there. Keep your fingers crossed.

8timechamps
5/15/2013, 08:58 PM
Why are people predicting KSU to be a loss or a tough game?

They lost every defensive lineman, their all conference MLB and 80% of their offensive production. I realize that KSU will be a decent team because of their coach, but they will be nothing like last year's team.

olevetonahill
5/16/2013, 12:57 AM

They lost every defensive lineman, their all conference MLB and 80% of their offensive production. I realize that KSU will be a decent team because of their coach, but they will be nothing like last year's team.

No clue Bro. Ill even put money on OU beatin Pokes.

Since71ASooner4Life
5/16/2013, 03:48 AM
9-4
Lose in Cotton Bowl.

add to that, lost best OL and still nothing to be optimistic about entire DL

Salt City Sooner
5/16/2013, 04:08 AM

They did lose a good chunk of last year's team (esp. on D ), but they've given us more than we wanted a whole lot more than not with worse teams than what they've got returning, & the one constant for them in those games is still lurking over on their sideline. Stoops has obviously got the best of Snyder over the years, but when you look back, the only games that you can say were truly easy are '05 (inexplicably so, considering the caliber of team OU fielded that year), & '11 (& even then it was a 6 point game at half before took off in the 3rd). Every other time they've managed to keep it competitive, despite OU shooting out to big leads in several of those games. Toss in the fact that it'll be their Senior Day (as if they need any more inspiration on top of hating us) & I'll take a win of any kind & get the heck out of Dodge.

High_Plains_Boomer
5/24/2013, 05:51 PM
"Bob Stoops hasn't had back-to-back losses since '99"

That gets corrected this year, Bob Stoops first non-winning season. We should have a very good offense. We don't have a front 7 on defense worth a "squat" (to paraphrase Switzer's use of the term.) A whole bunch of half-n-half is what we are going to see this year. Beginning of the end for Stoops's tenure at OU.

6-6 record. Losses @ND, TCU, @Baylor, @KSU, @oSu. One surprise loss. That one is not Texas. They still suck. Immensely.

olevetonahill
5/24/2013, 06:07 PM
"Bob Stoops hasn't had back-to-back losses since '99"

That gets corrected this year, Bob Stoops first non-winning season. We should have a very good offense. We don't have a front 7 on defense worth a "squat" (to paraphrase Switzer's use of the term.) A whole bunch of half-n-half is what we are going to see this year. Beginning of the end for Stoops's tenure at OU.

6-6 record. Losses @ND, TCU, @Baylor, @KSU, @oSu. One surprise loss. That one is not Texas. They still suck. Immensely.

Well aint you just a Ray of ****ing sunshine.
Ya wanta put some money on that prediction? I'll say we lose no moren 3 games IF that many.

8timechamps
5/24/2013, 07:53 PM
They did lose a good chunk of last year's team (esp. on D ), but they've given us more than we wanted a whole lot more than not with worse teams than what they've got returning, & the one constant for them in those games is still lurking over on their sideline. Stoops has obviously got the best of Snyder over the years, but when you look back, the only games that you can say were truly easy are '05 (inexplicably so, considering the caliber of team OU fielded that year), & '11 (& even then it was a 6 point game at half before took off in the 3rd). Every other time they've managed to keep it competitive, despite OU shooting out to big leads in several of those games. Toss in the fact that it'll be their Senior Day (as if they need any more inspiration on top of hating us) & I'll take a win of any kind & get the heck out of Dodge.

I'm not completely dismissing what you're saying, because I do agree that Snyder is a good coach, but if you look at the record since Stoops got to Norman:

2012 : L 19-24
2011 : W 58-17
2009 : W 42-30
2008 : W 58-35
2005 : W 43-21
2004 : W 31-21
2003*: L 7-35
2001 : W 38-37
2000*: W 27-24
2000 : W 41-31
*Big XII Championship

Only looking at the numbers, the average score against KSU (Stoops vs. Snyder) is OU 36 KSU 27. While it doesn't average to a "blow out", It's still a pretty solid victory margin. The bigger mark is that the Sooners are 8-2 against KSU under Stoops.

Last year, KSU had arguably the best squad under Snyder. The Wildcats played a near perfect game, while OU played pretty darn poor, and KSU squeaked out a 5 point win. If KSU were returning Klein, or even a couple of guys along the d-line, I would be more incline to think it might be a tough game. The way things stand though, I don't see KSU having the horses to win.

While I won't guarantee a Sooner victory, the KSU game is one of the road games on the schedule I think OU wins, and fairly easily.

8timechamps
5/24/2013, 07:55 PM
Well aint you just a Ray of ****ing sunshine.
Ya wanta put some money on that prediction? I'll say we lose moren 3 games IF that many.

Let me know if he agrees to a bet, I'd love some of that action.

olevetonahill
5/24/2013, 08:06 PM
Let me know if he agrees to a bet, I'd love some of that action.

Heh, I figured out ,its a Troll :snowman:

Salt City Sooner
5/24/2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not completely dismissing what you're saying, because I do agree that Snyder is a good coach, but if you look at the record since Stoops got to Norman:

2012 : L 19-24
2011 : W 58-17
2009 : W 42-30
2008 : W 58-35
2005 : W 43-21
2004 : W 31-21
2003*: L 7-35
2001 : W 38-37
2000*: W 27-24
2000 : W 41-31
*Big XII Championship

Only looking at the numbers, the average score against KSU (Stoops vs. Snyder) is OU 36 KSU 27. While it doesn't average to a "blow out", It's still a pretty solid victory margin. The bigger mark is that the Sooners are 8-2 against KSU under Stoops.

Last year, KSU had arguably the best squad under Snyder. The Wildcats played a near perfect game, while OU played pretty darn poor, and KSU squeaked out a 5 point win. If KSU were returning Klein, or even a couple of guys along the d-line, I would be more incline to think it might be a tough game. The way things stand though, I don't see KSU having the horses to win.

While I won't guarantee a Sooner victory, the KSU game is one of the road games on the schedule I think OU wins, and fairly easily.
You've got one too many games in there, as 2008 was part of the Ron Prince trainwreck. Lose that game & the avg. Stoops/Snyder score is OU 34.0-KSU 30.5. Tightens things up just a bit, eh? ;)

I'm not saying that KSU will win, far from it. Heck, when you look at Stoops' career, he's had an easier time w/ KSU in Manhattan (never lost there) than he has in Norman, so there's a little bit of a confidence builder, albeit in a backwards way. I'm just saying that with the aforementioned exceptions of '05 (go figure) & '11, they've given OU all they wanted every time. Both teams have significant questions heading into the season. It'll be interesting to see how it works out over the course of said year for both squads.

8timechamps
5/24/2013, 08:56 PM
You've got one too many games in there, as 2008 was part of the Ron Prince trainwreck. Lose that game & the avg. Stoops/Snyder score is OU 34.0-KSU 30.5. Tightens things up just a bit, eh? ;)

I'm not saying that KSU will win, far from it. Heck, when you look at Stoops' career, he's had an easier time w/ KSU in Manhattan (never lost there) than he has in Norman, so there's a little bit of a confidence builder, albeit in a backwards way. I'm just saying that with the aforementioned exceptions of '05 (go figure) & '11, they've given OU all they wanted every time. Both teams have significant questions heading into the season. It'll be interesting to see how it works out over the course of said year for both squads.

Good catch! That really does tighten it up a bit. In fact, it just reinforces my opinion of Snyder.

I can live with the game being a "tough" one, but that's only on Snyder's reputation. While I do think KSU still has some solid players, and I'm sure a couple more will surface this year, I feel like this game will be a lot like the 2011 game, just not as many points scored for either team. Who knows, KSU may come into that game unbeaten, we'll find out (not soon enough though!)

SoonerMarkVA
5/24/2013, 09:07 PM
The defense is going to have to show me something. I am, though, very excited to see what Bell can do full time.

5/26/2013, 12:32 AM
Heh, I figured out ,its a Troll :snowman:Highplains troll seemed a bit too giddy about Stoops' predicted failures to be a Sooner fan, didn't he...

Harris County Sooner
5/26/2013, 08:28 PM
Not that I like this:
ULM Win but not the blow out everyone expects
WVU Win only because its at home
Tulsa Win
@ND Loss
TCU Win
Tejas Loss
@KU Win Sooners smarting after the Tejas loss hang 77 on the jaybirds, Bell has 640 total yards
TTU Win
@BU Win
ISU Win
@KSU Lose close one
@OSU Loss

Well, that's 8-4

SoonerKnight
5/27/2013, 10:08 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we beat ND!!! I also believe that the Pokes will lose to us. Are we going to go undefeated? I don't know. I would be surprised not to see a Stoops D not improve. I think the biggest issue with this team has been the cocky me first attitude that has plagued this team like a virus. When you do not take a team serious and think to highly of yourself you will lose. When you play every game as if it is the last chance to get into the national title game then you ultimately do better. Reference early 00's when the team held up 4 fingers to indicate the 4th qtr. and they need to play like it!!

olevetonahill
5/27/2013, 10:15 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we beat ND!!! I also believe that the Pokes will lose to us. Are we going to go undefeated? I don't know. I would be surprised not to see a Stoops D not improve. I think the biggest issue with this team has been the cocky me first attitude that has plagued this team like a virus. When you do not take a team serious and think to highly of yourself you will lose. When you play every game as if it is the last chance to get into the national title game then you ultimately do better. Reference early 00's when the team held up 4 fingers to indicate the 4th qtr. and they need to play like it!!

I been sayin we gonna Curb Stopm the domers a long time. Cant get anyone to bet me tho. :soap:

badger
5/27/2013, 11:16 AM
If you feel confident to the tune of a 24-point spread for UL-Monroe, a now-through-Daddy's Day offseason special is going on vBookie. vBet all of your vCash!

olevetonahill
5/27/2013, 11:29 AM
If you feel confident to the tune of a 24-point spread for UL-Monroe, a now-through-Daddy's Day offseason special is going on vBookie. vBet all of your vCash!

That wont take me long :triumphant:

SoonerKnight
5/27/2013, 12:40 PM
I been sayin we gonna Curb Stopm the domers a long time. Cant get anyone to bet me tho. :soap:

I feel it. This year we do WAY better than given expectations!!! ND going down!!! Saxet please! Where did they go that they just arrived?

OSU no way in hell this year is OU's year!!! Our D will play better and be more aggressive! I do not believe MStoops D will not improve from last year! We will be feared again!! The swagger will be back!!!!!

8timechamps
5/27/2013, 04:14 PM
I feel it. This year we do WAY better than given expectations!!! ND going down!!! Saxet please! Where did they go that they just arrived?

OSU no way in hell this year is OU's year!!! Our D will play better and be more aggressive! I do not believe MStoops D will not improve from last year! We will be feared again!! The swagger will be back!!!!!

I can't tell you how much I hope you're right.

Given the sheer numbers of new d-linemen, surely there's a player in there somewhere. At LB, Corey Nelson was once titled "the best player on the team" by Stoops. We know what we have in Colvin, and there is some serious young talent coming in at safety...hopefully that spells a better defense.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 04:18 PM
9-4
Lose in Cotton Bowl.

This is what I think as well although 10-3 is very possible if not more likely.

KantoSooner
5/28/2013, 08:30 AM
Ross is going to bust out in one of the first 3-4 games and do an AD-like 300 yard day. No particular reason; I just feel it.

And I hope it comes against ND.

SoonerKnight
5/28/2013, 09:51 AM
I can't tell you how much I hope you're right.

Given the sheer numbers of new d-linemen, surely there's a player in there somewhere. At LB, Corey Nelson was once titled "the best player on the team" by Stoops. We know what we have in Colvin, and there is some serious young talent coming in at safety...hopefully that spells a better defense.

I know we have a new D-Line and our LB were not on the field last year. However I see MStoops bringing this defense back to what it should be. I think he over compensated last year and screwed the pooch with our D. I believe that the team as a whole will be better.

The thing is we never had fire on the sideline with Landry. I never saw him get in the faces of even the defensive players and get them fired up. A good QB is a leader for the team. I have seen Bell on the sidelines in his first year yelling and trying to get the team pumped up. I have seen his game face and believe he has the fire to win. This is why I feel that the team is going to be better. In 2000 that team was not the most talented and it was not full of 5 and 4 * players. They had fire in their belly and a desire to win. They also played their position well and stopped teams they should not have.

To think that a more talented team could not achieve what the 2000 team achieve is crazy. ND has issues. OSU has issues. Saxet is a drag on the Big XII and is now right there with Kansas (HA! HA!). Oklahoma will do better than 10-3 and I believe at least 11-2 this year!!!

High_Plains_Boomer
5/28/2013, 03:49 PM
Heh, I figured out ,its a Troll :snowman:

Hardly. These are all just BS predictions from everyone. I am likely just as wrong with 6-6 as others are with 13-0.

But if we don't get our **** defense fixed, all you need to "bet" is that this will not be a fun season. Remember how Mike was supposed to fix the craptacular Venables defense? He fixed it all right... made it worse. I have faith he can turn that around. Just not this year because we are super-thin on defensive personnel. You'd have to be blinded by your own moonshine not to see that.

Speaking of which... don't you have some ATF agents to go fend off?

High_Plains_Boomer
5/28/2013, 03:56 PM
Highplains troll seemed a bit too giddy about Stoops' predicted failures to be a Sooner fan, didn't he...

King of the Trolls calling me out. Isn't that precious. Get bent you delusional twat. Don't you have an appointment with Sic'em to lap up Zima off each other's naked writhing bodies?

Soonerjeepman
5/28/2013, 06:58 PM
Non conf

2/1 loss to nd

Conf

8/1 possible losses to ksu or ut or osu...only 1 not all 3

10/2

5/28/2013, 07:04 PM
King of the Trolls calling me out. Isn't that precious. Get bent you delusional twat. Don't you have an appointment with Sic'em to lap up Zima off each other's naked writhing bodies?Happy camper such as yourself ought not to be so hostile here. This can be a friendly place if you choose.

ouwasp
5/28/2013, 07:13 PM
I starting to think the D will be better, simply by default. Of course, I've often thought that about the Sooner OL and run blocking over the last decade as well.

Scott D
5/28/2013, 07:16 PM
I predict there will be a football team.

REDREX
5/28/2013, 08:57 PM
Any Quincy Russell news ?

High_Plains_Boomer
5/28/2013, 09:12 PM
Happy camper such as yourself ought not to be so hostile here. This can be a friendly place if you choose.

Save it. I have been on and off of this site for years and years... well before you ever came around, post-count hero. And I know quite well how "friendly" this place is. It's just as friendly as long as you want to "like think" with the herd, and steer clear of any independent thought. And for someone as abusive as you are to people who don't buy into your "best of" (which really is "worst of") conservative think tank sound bites, I could give two ****s how friendly or not you choose to be towards me.

Let us know when you have an original thought. We'll throw a parade...

olevetonahill
5/28/2013, 10:42 PM
Save it. I have been on and off of this site for years and years... well before you ever came around, post-count hero. And I know quite well how "friendly" this place is. It's just as friendly as long as you want to "like think" with the herd, and steer clear of any independent thought. And for someone as abusive as you are to people who don't buy into your "best of" (which really is "worst of") conservative think tank sound bites, I could give two ****s how friendly or not you choose to be towards me.

LOL
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/03/copyright-troll.jpg

5/29/2013, 01:08 AM
I know quite well how "friendly" this place is. It's just as friendly as long as you want to "like think" with the herd, and steer clear of any independent thought. And for someone as abusive as you are to people who don't buy into your "best of" (which really is "worst of") conservative think tank sound bites, I could give two ****s how friendly or not you choose to be towards me.

Let us know when you have an original thought. We'll throw a parade...So, you're a independent with independent, original thoughts! XCLNT. Give us a couple, other than the kind of stuff Stoops haters dish up. Sorry I was second in line to call you a troll. Would it have been good for me to be first at that, and therefore original?

8timechamps
5/29/2013, 03:00 PM

If you've really been here as long as you claim, then you know that there is room for independent thought. If someone comes on here, and they are not very well known (or known at all), and immediately start talking about how bad the team will be without backing up their opinion, then yeah, something smells fishy.

I'm not saying you're a troll, and for all I know you have been here for a long time. But, just as in real life, if nobody knows you, and you come out of the gate with negativity, then you're going to get piled on. If you're not a troll, then you can understand that.

There is always good football conversation here, although most of the time it's during the season, but to announce in your 9th post that this is only a friendly place if you agree with everyone is kind of absurd.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/29/2013, 07:05 PM
We don't have a front 7 on defense worth a "squat" (to paraphrase Switzer's use of the term.)

Given that it will be a new defensive front personnnel wise and utilizing a one-gap along with no less than two linebackers being utilized in each and every game unlike last season (that when utilized, led to Doege and Ash having their worst games of the season), your statement is baseless.

High_Plains_Boomer
5/30/2013, 06:32 PM
If you've really been here as long as you claim, then you know that there is room for independent thought. If someone comes on here, and they are not very well known (or known at all), and immediately start talking about how bad the team will be without backing up their opinion, then yeah, something smells fishy.

I'm not saying you're a troll, and for all I know you have been here for a long time. But, just as in real life, if nobody knows you, and you come out of the gate with negativity, then you're going to get piled on. If you're not a troll, then you can understand that.

There is always good football conversation here, although most of the time it's during the season, but to announce in your 9th post that this is only a friendly place if you agree with everyone is kind of absurd.

Nothing like contradicting yourself with your first two paragraphs. Basically, "there's plenty of room for independent thought.... unless it is a negative/glass half full thought in which case it is justifiable to bully the newcomer which you must agree is reasonable." That's basically what you've written.

So you're letting your esteemed ambassadors jump on someone right out of the gate, when they had no basis to do so. Neither had even an inkling of a thought to simply ask, "Really, why do you think that." Nope... it's "I'll bet you and take yur money... hur dur...", or "TROLL! TROLL!" Right. Real friendly, 8x. So you can save it, too. And stick it if you don't want to save it. I'm not backing down from any of you guys. I know too many of you from the tailgates and frankly am just disgusted with the behavior that continues to go round and round on the site now.

So again, shouldn't matter one way or another whether my prediction is, in their eyes or yours, negative or not. And no, I don't understand their ****ty behavior. Is that what you want this board to be known for now? Is that the kind of dump it's turned into... like Landthieves? It is just a silly prediction, just as silly as all the other ones posted.

For the record, the Sooners fan base is collectively running out of patience. I don't want Bob gone, but Wilkinson and Switzer both were after 16 years. That's a pretty good run. Don't look now, but Bob is staring down year 15. Clock is ticking.

And this appears to be the worst defense we will field under Stoops from what we know of the personnel right now. crimsoncrusader is right to a point... we don't truly know what we have until we see the finished product hit the field in Sept from both personnel and scheme. But what I saw in the Spring game was a front 4 with the exception of Phillips get thrown around... and in many cases by RS Freshman and walk-on linemen. I think it is a big mistake moving Ndulue inside. But time will tell. Corey Nelson still doesn't do it for me, and I still think Lynn and Wilson are significant questions in the secondary as full time starters, not to mention the other corner. In short, Phillips, Shannon, and Colvin can't do it by themselves. We are thin (no question), and the talent level is still TBD, as is their ability to adjust to new twists on the scheme... I just don't think it looks great on paper from what we know to date.

That's why all of this is just a silly... stupid... prediction game. From everyone. Vet and Rush, you can unbunch and quit flossing your teeth with your undies now and resume your regular asswipe behavior.

And if you're going to ask, "then why are you even on the site if you find it so disgusting?" Gee.. I don't know. Look at my "post count" since that apparently is the measuring stick around here.

That is, yeah, I'm not on here very much... and this is why.

Scott D
5/30/2013, 06:57 PM
hey bruce

FirstandGoal
5/30/2013, 08:29 PM
Ok seriously. One of you guys needs to come clean and fess up.

JLEW1818
5/30/2013, 09:51 PM
Hope we do well, but 10 wins is going to be tough.

We are a worse team this year than last year. That is a fact.

8timechamps
5/31/2013, 12:12 AM
Nothing like contradicting yourself with your first two paragraphs. Basically, "there's plenty of room for independent thought.... unless it is a negative/glass half full thought in which case it is justifiable to bully the newcomer which you must agree is reasonable." That's basically what you've written.

So you're letting your esteemed ambassadors jump on someone right out of the gate, when they had no basis to do so. Neither had even an inkling of a thought to simply ask, "Really, why do you think that." Nope... it's "I'll bet you and take yur money... hur dur...", or "TROLL! TROLL!" Right. Real friendly, 8x. So you can save it, too. And stick it if you don't want to save it. I'm not backing down from any of you guys. I know too many of you from the tailgates and frankly am just disgusted with the behavior that continues to go round and round on the site now.

So again, shouldn't matter one way or another whether my prediction is, in their eyes or yours, negative or not. And no, I don't understand their ****ty behavior. Is that what you want this board to be known for now? Is that the kind of dump it's turned into... like Landthieves? It is just a silly prediction, just as silly as all the other ones posted.

For the record, the Sooners fan base is collectively running out of patience. I don't want Bob gone, but Wilkinson and Switzer both were after 16 years. That's a pretty good run. Don't look now, but Bob is staring down year 15. Clock is ticking.

And this appears to be the worst defense we will field under Stoops from what we know of the personnel right now. crimsoncrusader is right to a point... we don't truly know what we have until we see the finished product hit the field in Sept from both personnel and scheme. But what I saw in the Spring game was a front 4 with the exception of Phillips get thrown around... and in many cases by RS Freshman and walk-on linemen. I think it is a big mistake moving Ndulue inside. But time will tell. Corey Nelson still doesn't do it for me, and I still think Lynn and Wilson are significant questions in the secondary as full time starters, not to mention the other corner. In short, Phillips, Shannon, and Colvin can't do it by themselves. We are thin (no question), and the talent level is still TBD, as is their ability to adjust to new twists on the scheme... I just don't think it looks great on paper from what we know to date.

That's why all of this is just a silly... stupid... prediction game. From everyone. Vet and Rush, you can unbunch and quit flossing your teeth with your undies now and resume your regular asswipe behavior.

And if you're going to ask, "then why are you even on the site if you find it so disgusting?" Gee.. I don't know. Look at my "post count" since that apparently is the measuring stick around here.

That is, yeah, I'm not on here very much... and this is why.

Did you really read my post, or just assume you knew what I said? I made it pretty simple, so if you are still struggling with what I said, I can't dumb it down anymore.

You know, if you would have written in your first post (in this thread) the same thing you wrote in this reply (supporting your prediction/opinion), you would have gotten a different response (from me anyway). I don't have to agree with your opinion, but I would have at least understood why you felt that way.

Again, look back at your first post in this thread. I see that post, and a poster with 9 total posts, and yeah, I assume your a troll. I don't think that's the stretch you make it sound like.

BTW, I have never been to a tailgate, so you don't know jack about me.

soonerdo
5/31/2013, 11:02 AM
8-4 would be a decent season with the talent on board

badger
5/31/2013, 11:29 AM
Ok seriously. One of you guys needs to come clean and fess up.

It was me. Nobody else can post that long-winded that quickly.

Mac94
5/31/2013, 11:44 AM
10-2 ... beat Notre Dame and Texas, losses to TCU and oSu.

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 01:20 PM
Wow, High Plains musta had nails fer breakfast.

My two cents worth...D will be much better than last year....
one more year under Mike, some pride will be at work, too.
Pretty sure the kids know about Sooner pride and feel some
embarrassment....new players bustin their humps to make
a name, etc. The O will be rockin and rollin...Bell will surprise
everyone, show off his downfield arm...the wideouts will
terrorize D coordinators..D.D., Millard, Ross with Rip leading
the way....LUV THE SMELL OF OFFENSE IN THE MORNING!!!

Okay, Okay, took off the crimson colored glasses...but Ima
thinkin 2013 will be a lot like 2000....jus sayin...

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 01:32 PM
Wow, High Plains musta had nails fer breakfast.

My two cents worth...D will be much better than last year....
one more year under Mike, some pride will be at work, too.
Pretty sure the kids know about Sooner pride and feel some
embarrassment....new players bustin their humps to make
a name, etc. The O will be rockin and rollin...Bell will surprise
everyone, show off his downfield arm...the wideouts will
terrorize D coordinators..D.D., Millard, Ross with Rip leading
the way....LUV THE SMELL OF OFFENSE IN THE MORNING!!!

Okay, Okay, took off the crimson colored glasses...but Ima
thinkin 2013 will be a lot like 2000....jus sayin...

Im still predictin an Undefeated season. I'll change that IF/When we lose .

KantoSooner
5/31/2013, 01:59 PM

Classic stuff, my man. Classic.

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 02:15 PM

Aint too sure yew wud even then, cuz them zebras prolly'll dew
mischief...:loyal:

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 02:20 PM
Aint too sure yew wud even then, cuz them zebras prolly'll dew
mischief...:loyal:

Even if the Zebs cost us a Game , we will have lost. Just like that Oregon kerfuffle dint like it one dayum bit, But had to acknowledge it.

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 02:30 PM
Even if the Zebs cost us a Game , we will have lost. Just like that Oregon kerfuffle dint like it one dayum bit, But had to acknowledge it.

Oh, I keep playin that deal on Youtube and stop when AP
held up the ball. You mean we rilly lost?!

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 03:13 PM
Oh, I keep playin that deal on Youtube and stop when AP
held up the ball. You mean we rilly lost?!

Yup, See Im a realist I admit when we lost, I may not like it one dayum bit even smash my fist thru walls and such, But Ill admit it, Just like we lost that OB against Usuc

rock on sooner
5/31/2013, 04:10 PM
Yup, See Im a realist I admit when we lost, I may not like it one dayum bit even smash my fist thru walls and such, But Ill admit it, Just like we lost that OB against Usuc

I dint question the OB...just drank a lot....

olevetonahill
5/31/2013, 04:12 PM
I dint question the OB...just drank a lot....

Heh, I patched holes for a month :untroubled:

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 06:24 PM
These are ALWAYS fun to re-read.

Several folks thought we'd lose only two games, however, I'm not sure anyone predicted the correct two.

SicEmBaylor
12/17/2013, 06:49 PM
These are ALWAYS fun to re-read.

Several folks thought we'd lose only two games, however, I'm not sure anyone predicted the correct two.
These threads remind me of the threads Rus used to start every season concerning his feeling that OU would make a national title run that year.

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 07:08 PM
These threads remind me of the threads Rus used to start every season concerning his feeling that OU would make a national title run that year.

LOL, I remember one of Rus' threads about his feeling. I miss rus, wish he would post more!

Soonerus
12/17/2013, 07:23 PM
I have been close 3 or 4 times...

Scott D
12/17/2013, 07:30 PM
I hear there are a lot of crickets on the high plains.

SicEmBaylor
12/17/2013, 08:10 PM

Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades. :D

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 08:19 PM

I'm always with ya!

Soonerus
12/17/2013, 08:47 PM

So boring and trite...

olevetonahill
12/17/2013, 08:48 PM

heh I said we would go undefeated I got close :friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

swardboy
12/17/2013, 09:56 PM
I knew when we hired Stoops that there'd be seasons when we'd lose a couple of games.

SicEmBaylor
12/18/2013, 03:14 AM
So boring and trite...

Much like your football predictions, Rus. ;)

picasso
12/18/2013, 09:09 AM

Baylor came close this year and I'm betting you still have wood about it.

Soonerus
12/18/2013, 11:39 AM
Much like your football predictions, Rus. ;)

Apparently to your boring and trite arse but not to all !!!

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 04:32 PM
I knew when we hired Stoops that there'd be seasons when we'd lose a couple of games.

That's where I probably went wrong. I thought we'd never lose a single game. Ever. Forever.

SicEmBaylor
12/18/2013, 05:01 PM
Baylor came close this year and I'm betting you still have wood about it.

Not really. I don't get off on almost getting there. I'm not Aggie. Either you do or you don't, and we didn't.