PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Concealed Carry permit?

ouwasp
5/4/2013, 11:10 PM
I think that's what my wife is gonna get me (let me buy) for Father's Day. The kids can get me an Amazon gift card or whatever.

But what about CC? How often do you carry? Does it become something you get used to real quickly? Or do you just have a weapon in your vehicle? Any other observations - Pro or Con?

I have a Glock 23 and an old ATM .380 Backup. Yeah, I know the Backup is supposedly a POS.

Thanks for your insight.

olevetonahill
5/4/2013, 11:38 PM
I dont have a Prob with someone who gets one . Ive just never felt the need. The few times I thot I might need a weapon I just carried it and dint ask anyone's permission.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2013, 02:19 AM
somebody on another thread mentioned that the Missouri officials recently turned over the complete state list of conceal carry to Homeland Security, or some federal agency, when "asked" to do so.

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 05:19 AM
somebody on another thread mentioned that the Missouri officials recently turned over the complete state list of conceal carry to Homeland Security, or some federal agency, when "asked" to do so.

Got a link?

Lott's Bandana
5/5/2013, 09:31 AM
I think that's what my wife is gonna get me (let me buy) for Father's Day. The kids can get me an Amazon gift card or whatever.

But what about CC? How often do you carry? Does it become something you get used to real quickly? Or do you just have a weapon in your vehicle? Any other observations - Pro or Con?

I have a Glock 23 and an old ATM .380 Backup. Yeah, I know the Backup is supposedly a POS.

Thanks for your insight.

Had it a bit over a year now.

I don't carry much and yes, my car is a big holster. I got used to it fairly quickly, to the point where I can now actually see how "morans" forget to take their weapon out of their bag before they fly. Ok, maybe not that bad, but sometimes I'm headed to Tinker to go to the commissary and remember at the last minute I have a weapon in my car and turn around.

Pro or Con?

Pro...why not? I ain't hurtin anybody. If I don't have it in my car, it now seems I am a bit nekkid. Weird feeling to have cultivated.

SoonerorLater
5/5/2013, 09:32 AM
Got a link?

http://www.utahccwcarry.com/mo-highway-patrol/

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.utahccwcarry.com/mo-highway-patrol/

Thanks.

Curly Bill
5/5/2013, 12:50 PM

Thanks for your insight.

I wouldn't carry the AMT. Can't go wrong with the Glock 23. I have one and carry it often. My current gun I carry the most is a KAHR CM9. It's smallish, very thin, thus easy to carry, yet is a 9mm.

C&CDean
5/5/2013, 07:59 PM
I've carried for years. Currently keep a little Ruger LCR in .357 mag in my front pocket or between the seats in my truck/work truck. Sometimes carry my Glock 30, but it's pretty heavy.

I've always stated I won't go CCL, but I took the class a few months ago and turned in my paperwork at the Sheriff's right after. Still haven't received my license in the mail though. Doesn't really matter (other than being legal for my job) to me either way. I just ain't gonna ever be caught without one if I need it. I'd never be able to forgive myself.

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2013, 09:04 PM
Ya workin for obammy? undercover? LOL...

went thru the class..haven't filed yet, so I haven't started carrying yet.

Yep the Missouri deal is big news..they've been using it for ads.

I only have a larger 9mm, going to get a smaller 9 or something a little smaller (size wise).

Whet
5/5/2013, 10:48 PM
I don't because Illinois does not have CC.

Curly Bill
5/6/2013, 07:44 AM
Ya workin for obammy? undercover? LOL...

went thru the class..haven't filed yet, so I haven't started carrying yet.

Yep the Missouri deal is big news..they've been using it for ads.

I only have a larger 9mm, going to get a smaller 9 or something a little smaller (size wise).

Check out the KAKR. The CM9 is the one I have. They also make one just a bit bigger that would also be a great carry gun. The only downside to the CM9 is its 6+1 capacity, but it's sorta my carry gun when I don't wanna bother with carrying more gun.

LittleElmSooner
5/6/2013, 10:23 AM
I'm in Texas and have carried for the past 7 years. I carry everywhere that I can legally. I'd feel weird without it.

My advice would be to get a weapon that you are comfortable with and can be concealed easily.

I personally carry a Walther PPS .40. It is a single stack (very thin - hence the PPS - Police Pistol Slim) and is a great weapon. I highly prefer the .40 over the 9mm for the power, and it is a great carry/conceal size.

Lott's Bandana
5/6/2013, 10:31 AM
My Ruger SR40C was going to be my carry weapon until I got my .380 Bodyguard. Now the Ruger feels like I"m carrying around a bazooka it seems so big.

Problem is, although I am a military "expert marksman", I can't hit sh!t with the .380 unless I'm close enough to spit on my target. I suppose that's probably what its good for, close nail-gunning.

Ruger in the car, .380 in my pocket. I bought one of those shooting wallet-holsters with the hole for the trigger. Kinda hard to get used to, but I suppose I'd be fine with it if I needed it.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 10:32 AM
Dint OK pass the Open carry?

If thats the case I get my CCL I prolly just strap a hawgleg on.

badger
5/6/2013, 11:15 AM
Right after Oklahoma passed that open carry law, I noticed a LOT more buildings with signs up that said that guns weren't allowed... not just the banks anymore.

I think some employers also reminded their employees that they set the rules in regards to guns when they're on the job and said NO GUNS repeatedly.

Guns personally scare me, so I have not ever fired one, nor do I have a concealed carry permit.

OU68
5/6/2013, 11:16 AM
Dint OK pass the Open carry?

If thats the case I get my CCL I prolly just strap a hawgleg on.

They did - you'll have to post a pic of that!

achiro
5/6/2013, 11:36 AM
Right after Oklahoma passed that open carry law, I noticed a LOT more buildings with signs up that said that guns weren't allowed... not just the banks anymore.

I think some employers also reminded their employees that they set the rules in regards to guns when they're on the job and said NO GUNS repeatedly.

Guns personally scare me, so I have not ever fired one, nor do I have a concealed carry permit.
I've never understood limiting where you can carry. If a person has gone to the trouble of taking the class and the OSBI has done the background check why wouldn't you want that person around if trouble shows up. I get something like a courthouse but a bank or school just doesn't make sense to me.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 11:46 AM
They did - you'll have to post a pic of that!

Hell Ill have to see if i can get my CC 1st LOL

Turd_Ferguson
5/6/2013, 11:51 AM
I carry a .45 so I can blow somebody clean in half...

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 11:59 AM

Dont be a ***** , Tote a REAL Gun
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b-ZNxtFuaMU/STytkPgtwpI/AAAAAAAAAE4/bHnYVDD-sp0/s400/Magnum_50cal_500.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
5/6/2013, 12:14 PM
Dont be a ***** , Tote a REAL Gun
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b-ZNxtFuaMU/STytkPgtwpI/AAAAAAAAAE4/bHnYVDD-sp0/s400/Magnum_50cal_500.jpg

**** that. I gotta peem into LAS to see if he can score me some hangernades and RPG's...

Curly Bill
5/6/2013, 12:31 PM

LOL...I know ya just posted that just to rile me up ya ol bastage. :tongue:

lubbocksooner
5/6/2013, 01:00 PM
I have had a permit since 1998 in the different states I have lived in. I typically use either a P230, P229(.357 sig) or a GP100 (OC out on the farm). I do find it interesting that most people as what I carry but never how? I think a good holster is just as important to successfully carring as anything. I custom ordered mine from HBE in Utah (except for the GP100) and it makes carring much eaiser.

jkjsooner
5/6/2013, 01:26 PM

Thanks for your insight.

I'll give you a con. Despite the fact that it's legal you may get a bunch of harrassment from the cops if they ever have to deal with you.

I had a friend who went on a crusade taking pictures of people picking up day laborers at a 7-11 and posting them on the Internet. He had the owner's permission. The cops didn't know he had the owner's permission and approached him to tell him to leave the premises. At that point my friend told the cops he had a conceiled weapon. He ended up being taken to jail and lost his permit.

There of course could have been more to the story but just on the face of it it sounded like a lot of B.S. from the cops. I think from their perspective, if you're going to do something that could incite a confrontation they don't want you armed.

Soonerjeepman
5/6/2013, 01:42 PM
I'm in Texas and have carried for the past 7 years. I carry everywhere that I can legally. I'd feel weird without it.

My advice would be to get a weapon that you are comfortable with and can be concealed easily.

I personally carry a Walther PPS .40. It is a single stack (very thin - hence the PPS - Police Pistol Slim) and is a great weapon. I highly prefer the .40 over the 9mm for the power, and it is a great carry/conceal size.

brother has a .40, yeah I liked the way it handled.

Thanks Curly, need to do some research and go shopping...course need a summer job first~ got a $2500 deductible for my acl surgery got to pay first

Soonerjeepman
5/6/2013, 01:45 PM
I'll give you a con. Despite the fact that it's legal you may get a bunch of harrassment from the cops if they ever have to deal with you.

I had a friend who went on a crusade taking pictures of people picking up day laborers at a 7-11 and posting them on the Internet. He had the owner's permission. The cops didn't know he had the owner's permission and approached him to tell him to leave the premises. At that point my friend told the cops he had a conceiled weapon. He ended up being taken to jail and lost his permit.

There of course could have been more to the story but just on the face of it it sounded like a lot of B.S. from the cops. I think from their perspective, if you're going to do something that could incite a confrontation they don't want you armed.

that sounds like "bad" on the part of the cops...I think the first thing out of my mouth was I have the owner's permission and here is the paper. Was he in a car? did they ask him to step out..why? The police I've talked to, granted 2 -3, 1 I didn't know at all, were all good with CC. They are going to have to realize more law abiding folks are going to be carrying.

Lott's Bandana
5/6/2013, 01:58 PM

Those signs are worthless. The law specifically states where weapons cannot be carried and a sign doesn't change anything.

XingTheRubicon
5/6/2013, 02:18 PM
No CC...not really in to gunfights

reflector
5/6/2013, 02:37 PM
I can honestly say that I do not have a Concealed Carry permit.

Soonerjeepman
5/6/2013, 02:40 PM
Those signs are worthless. The law specifically states where weapons cannot be carried and a sign doesn't change anything.

not in Ks, IF they owner puts up the 9x9 gun with red circle and line, THAT'S the law...has to be THAT sign though, not some text saying no guns, I believe that is the Federal law...not sure though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/6/2013, 02:43 PM
Those signs are worthless. The law specifically states where weapons cannot be carried and a sign doesn't change anything.Logic would indicate it would seem that you are correct. Of course, we are talking about "law", and it's oftentimes tricky.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 03:39 PM
Heh, I miss the Good old days
Back in the early 70s I had been out fishing all morning went to town with out thinking went in the bank got a little "Legal" withdrawal , Talked to the Pres an VP spoke to a few tellers got back o/s to my truck and felt the 22 pistol i had shoved in my back

No one said a word.

OU68
5/6/2013, 03:42 PM
I believe in Oklahoma if the sign is posted and they see you have a weapon, they can ask you to leave.

ouwasp
5/6/2013, 05:38 PM
I believe in Oklahoma if the sign is posted and they see you have a weapon, they can ask you to leave.

I have heard this... and that if the carrier does not leave when asked, then they may be charged with trespassing.

As for the cop angle... a couple yrs ago I asked a policeman friend of mine if he was ever alarmed to encounter a CC during a traffic stop (I believe protocol is to keep your hands on the wheel and ID yourself as a CC) ... he said "not at all, because I know they've passed a thorough background check"...

BoomerJack
5/6/2013, 06:04 PM
I don't have a C.C. permit. I figure:

1. If someplace looks too dangerous or unsafe for me to go there unarmed, I'm probably not going to go there.

2. If I absolutely, positively have to go someplace that is so dangerous or unsafe to go unarmed, I'm not gonna conceal anything. I'm gonna want every mother's child there to know I'm carrying a gun.

Turd_Ferguson
5/6/2013, 07:41 PM
LOL...I know ya just posted that just to rile me up ya ol bastage. :tongue:

Who, Me? :biggrin:

achiro
5/7/2013, 06:50 AM
I don't have a C.C. permit. I figure:

1. If someplace looks too dangerous or unsafe for me to go there unarmed, I'm probably not going to go there.

2. If I absolutely, positively have to go someplace that is so dangerous or unsafe to go unarmed, I'm not gonna conceal anything. I'm gonna want every mother's child there to know I'm carrying a gun.

Like a movie theater, a mall, or a school?

Lott's Bandana
5/7/2013, 09:06 AM

True, but that has nothing to do with the CC law, that has to do with the same right they have to bounce you if you don't have a shirt or shoes on. Which isn't enforced much in some places in Oklahoma!