PDA

View Full Version : Twitter: Is Bob Stoops missing an opportunity?

badger
5/3/2013, 02:31 PM
Read this (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Oklahoma_States_Gundy_one_of_many_coaches_on_Twitt er/20130503_93_B1_Starti395018) (via Tulsa World) and think its fun. EDSBS got in on the act for this exchange:

Q: Please verify your current age and gender. (i.e., male, 40)

A: Gender: Male. Current Age: 45

But really, I'm not too disappointed that Bob doesn't do his own version of #AskGundy, as awesome as it would be. I'm talking about twitter in general, where :les: has more than 100K followers (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/College_football_coaches_by_number_of_Twitter_foll owers/11-20166).

Should Bob be more active on twitter, or at least have a public account? Thoughts?

PS: And yes, I know Nick Satan has no twitter and several crystal footballs.

Ruf/Nek7
5/3/2013, 02:33 PM
I think Bob is too old school for this...although he did allow the guys to do the Harlem Shake video. He should just allow some GA or intern to set up an account under his name and let them run it.

OU68
5/3/2013, 02:34 PM
No, Bob's an adult.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/3/2013, 02:52 PM
It comes down to whether we perform better on defense this year, as far as how OU does in recruiting. I think we will do well on offense again, but the D is the big question, IMO

Midtowner
5/3/2013, 03:03 PM
Considering how Stoops is with the media, I just couldn't imagine he'd react well to a bunch of stupid questions/comments from a bunch of rando tweeters.

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2013, 03:20 PM
I think Bob is too old school for this...although he did allow the guys to do the Harlem Shake video. He should just allow some GA or intern to set up an account under his name and let them run it.

never in a million years...just another thing he'd have to worry about. I agree with your first part though...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/3/2013, 03:56 PM
Very few people would be willing to have another person assume their identity on Twitter, or really on anything.

8timechamps
5/3/2013, 08:47 PM
Stoops does have Twitter. It's private, so that you have to be invited (or something like that to view it). He only uses it for recruits.

Lott's Bandana
5/4/2013, 12:12 PM
#attheendoftheday

cleller
5/4/2013, 01:55 PM
No, Bob's an adult.

Yes.

He's passing on the opportunity to buy into the 24/7 "look at me" fest that's further turning people into self-obsessed bores.

Sabanball
5/4/2013, 07:00 PM
Bob does not have time for that kind of silliness.