PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO @ Mack gave out Rings for

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 01:16 PM
Winning the Alamo bowl and Momentum

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/mack-brown-hands-rings-players-winning-alamo-bowl-133638030.html

badger
5/3/2013, 01:39 PM
My in-laws live in San Antonio. If we aren't going to a big time bowl, I'm annually disappointed when we don't go to the Alamo. Hell, non-BCS is non-BCS, right? Wish that we'd go to the Alamo so I could go to an OU bowl again like I used to as a student.

Ah well... go ahead and produce rings, Macky. At least you guys won your bowl this past offseason :mad:

Herr Scholz
5/3/2013, 01:58 PM
They passed them out after the orange slices and juice boxes. Can't disagree with anything in that article. Sheesh.

badger
5/3/2013, 02:16 PM
Wow, Herr's here. Assuming we haven't had some squabble in the past that makes us not on speaking terms, what are your expectations for the upcoming Texas football season?

Curly Bill
5/3/2013, 02:24 PM
Mack has always struck me as one of those coaches that soooooo wants people, his players included, to like him. That's ok to a point, but it sure makes it hard to turn around a program that's gone soft, when the coach more than anything else wants to be liked. Anyone know if Mack's childhood was devoid of the love and affection he now craves?

All that being said: Mack is the best coach that Texas could possibly have, and he should stay in that role until he drops dead on the field.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/3/2013, 02:56 PM
...Mack is the best coach that Texas could possibly have, and he should stay in that role until he drops dead on the field.No chit! I woosh folks would stop criticizing him.

rock on sooner
5/3/2013, 08:35 PM
No chit! I woosh folks would stop criticizing him.

Aw, need to keep a little...just to keep the pot stirred....

soonerstan56
5/4/2013, 01:23 PM
Mack is "The Gift That Keeps On Giving"!!!!

Stan

Soonerjeepman
5/4/2013, 01:40 PM
Aw, need to keep a little...just to keep the pot stirred....

lol, yeah, I'm thinkin if we, as OU fans, didn't rail on Mack a little the horns might think we actually think he's a GOOD coach...they would never agree with anything an OU fan says therefor get rid of him~

reverse psychology..

stoopified
5/4/2013, 03:10 PM
Mack is "The Gift That Keeps On Giving"!!!!

Stantrue dat

Sabanball
5/4/2013, 06:35 PM
Sort of reminds me of 'participation trophies' in little league.

Mack Brown is slowly becoming a punchline in college football. DKR has got to be spinning in his grave.

olevetonahill
5/4/2013, 08:41 PM
So did yeller teeth Pay for these? The skool? can the kids sell em? who gets in trouble?

sooneron
5/4/2013, 08:50 PM
I hear the Austin PD paid for them.

olevetonahill
5/4/2013, 08:57 PM
I hear the Austin PD paid for them.

:applause:

Jason White's Third Knee
5/5/2013, 07:19 AM
I have an orange bowl ring from the 70's from when OU LOST to Arky. They still got rings. Weird.

MyT Oklahoma
5/5/2013, 12:22 PM
God Bless America and God Bless Mack Brown. May he coach UT forever (or whatever purpose he serves down there).

P.S. Thy will be done and Amen.

bluedogok
5/5/2013, 12:47 PM
Mack is the perfect Longhorns coach.....

Soonerfan88
5/5/2013, 12:58 PM
I have an orange bowl ring from the 70's from when OU LOST to Arky. They still got rings. Weird.
If a ring is part of the bowl's gift bag, winner and loser, that is their prerogative. But Mack giving out rings from the university just to help his kids feel better about themselves -- pathetic.

And I hope he stays there until he dies.

olevetonahill
5/5/2013, 01:10 PM
I keep thinking of that special Olympics award Pic that was floating around.

sooneredaco
5/5/2013, 08:53 PM
Silly whornes

Herr Scholz
5/6/2013, 11:06 AM
Sort of reminds me of 'participation trophies' in little league.

Mack Brown is slowly becoming a punchline in college football. DKR has got to be spinning in his grave.
Yeah, he does some coddling no doubt and he's underachieved the last few years, but at least everyone doesn't view him as a complete dooshbag like Saban. I'd take a man of integrity every day of the week over that slimeball.

Herr Scholz
5/6/2013, 11:09 AM
Wow, Herr's here. Assuming we haven't had some squabble in the past that makes us not on speaking terms, what are your expectations for the upcoming Texas football season?
I'd say 10 wins with a shot at the conference title depending on the improvement of our tackling. I think the new up tempo offense will do wonders for Ash with fewer formations and easier reads.

Flagstaffsooner
5/6/2013, 07:00 PM
DKR has got to be spinning in his grave.

So that's what that noise is. Empty gin bottles rattleing around in a casket.:friendly_wink:

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:35 PM
The rings look really nice. Though I think it would be kinda of awkward years later when people see a ring that says cCampions on it only to realise it is Alamo Bowl Champions.

5/10/2013, 02:44 PM
The rings look really nice. Though I think it would be kinda of awkward years later when people see a ring that says cCampions on it only to realise it is Alamo Bowl Champions.Maybe(hopefully and soon) the day will come when the average tu whorncow team member will be MORE THAN PROUD to show that ring.

agoo758
5/10/2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, he does some coddling no doubt and he's underachieved the last few years, but at least everyone doesn't view him as a complete dooshbag like Saban. I'd take a man of integrity every day of the week over that slimeball.

You consider his media circuses in 2004 and 2008 in order to sway poll voting something a "man of integrity" would do?

Mazeppa
5/10/2013, 11:39 PM
I'd say 10 wins with a shot at the conference title depending on the improvement of our tackling. I think the new up tempo offense will do wonders for Ash with fewer formations and easier reads.

He might have a shot a conference title, this being an odd number year :)

Herr Scholz
5/11/2013, 01:06 PM
You consider his media circuses in 2004 and 2008 in order to sway poll voting something a "man of integrity" would do?
He backs up his word to kids every time when they've accepted a scholarship and they get hurt and can't play anymore. And he never overrecruits and screws kids at the last minute with "greyshirt" ultimatums. I'd say that definitely shows integrity and I'd say lobbying for his team doesn't really rate in the discussion since that's what coaches are supposed to do.

5/11/2013, 01:10 PM
You consider his media circuses in 2004 and 2008 in order to sway poll voting something a "man of integrity" would do?You stop that slashing at the man's jugular! Mack represents, and he does it well and goodly. Mack = the texwhorns, in sickness and in health.