PDA

View Full Version : from Athlons: Which team will win the big 12 in 2013?

Mazeppa
5/2/2013, 09:35 PM
This is my favorite line in the whole story:
I’m sticking with Oklahoma State. Gundy went 8-5 in a year in which everyone thought the Cowboys would struggle and on top of that Okie State had a revolving door at quarterback. He’s a coach you can trust.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/which-team-will-win-big-12-2013

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/2/2013, 09:36 PM
Must be some good stuff he's smoking.

SicEmBaylor
5/2/2013, 09:47 PM
Baylor

thecrimsoncrusader
5/3/2013, 06:26 AM
I'm going with the team has been a proven conference title winner many times over and has shown the ability to field one QB after another that can lead his team to a conference title. And one that's going to score points with the best of them in the Big 12 and the one that will eventually start playing defense again unlike the rest of the conference members. Oh yeah, that would be Oklahoma.

Mac94
5/3/2013, 08:12 AM
Three team race ... Texas, TCU, and Oklahoma. If OU sweeps the two game stretch of TCU Oct 5th and Texas on the 12th ... the title should be back in Norman. Big two weeks.

badger
5/3/2013, 08:18 AM
The Pokes might beat us because they host the Gooner game this year, but methinks they'll struggle with opponents who aren't their super bowl.

Texas was ESPN Insider's pick for the Big 12, citing their experienced quarterback. But hell, you could give David Ash and Case McCoy 20 years of eligibility and they'd never be up to par with the top Big 12 quarterbacks. I don't think even diehard whorns would dispute this, especially after experiencing Colt and Vince for 3-4 years each.

TCU... is a mid-major at heart. They can turn it up for a game or two, but I don't see them turning it up to big boy level the entire season. They'll drop games they needed to and should have won and not take the conference. But, they'll still be viewed as overachievers, so good for them.

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 08:27 AM
I got NO clue who will win , But I do KNOW OU will be in the running.

cleller
5/3/2013, 08:35 AM
I gotta admit that OSU has to be a worry. Again.

It seems harder to pick this year than most, with all the question marks at OU. It wouldn't be a shock KSU to be their, either. Its easier to pick the teams that DON"T seem to have a chance.

badger
5/3/2013, 08:37 AM
I got NO clue who will win , But I do KNOW OU will be in the running.

I like having confidence in our coaches and players. I wonder if UT misses having that feeling of "We're Texas, we're good for another 10-win season"

:mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::m ack::mack::mack::mack:

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 09:15 AM
I like having confidence in our coaches and players. I wonder if UT misses having that feeling of "We're Texas, we're good for another 10-win season"

:mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::m ack::mack::mack::mack:

Heh, Long as they Keep Ole Yeller . Ima be a Happy camper

Remember just a few years ago they were blowing an going about 4 out of the last 5 BS?

SanJoaquinSooner
5/3/2013, 09:41 AM
It's always fun to start the season with a new qb, hoping he either lives up to expectations or exceeds them.

badger
5/3/2013, 09:43 AM
Remember just a few years ago they were blowing an going about 4 out of the last 5 BS?

Yes, but they can still say 59 of the last 107, so we can't get too cocky. Also, Texas can't say that we've won too often till we will 8 in a row like they did twice (40s and 50s-60s).

We're on our way though --- 3 in a row and counting!

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 09:45 AM
Yes, but they can still say 59 of the last 107, so we can't get too cocky. Also, Texas can't say that we've won too often till we will 8 in a row like they did twice (40s and 50s-60s).

We're on our way though --- 3 in a row and counting!

I dont particularly care what happened BEFORE even I was born.

badger
5/3/2013, 09:55 AM
I dont particularly care what happened BEFORE even I was born.

I was born in 1983. OU had 5 national championships and several Heismans before then. I prefer to go for total history, even if it does give a slight head-to-head advantage to Texas.

rock on sooner
5/3/2013, 10:30 AM
There only two things about OU football that bother me...Domers
and Whorns having the won-lost lead on us...Unfortunately, I probably
won't live long enough to see Stoops change all that..fair chance about
the Whorns but no Domers on the schedule after this year...

thecrimsoncrusader
5/3/2013, 11:55 AM
I just make crap up like Alabama fans and pretend that Oklahoma is 10-0 versus Notre Dame.

birddog
5/3/2013, 09:00 PM
It's always fun to start the season with a new qb, hoping he either lives up to expectations or exceeds them.

yep. all the Landry haters finally get to talk about life after Landry. Been awhile since we've had to see a qb competition. should be a really great season, just moving on to the next crop of players, anyway.

Blue
5/3/2013, 09:55 PM
yep. all the Landry haters finally get to talk about life after Landry. Been awhile since we've had to see a qb competition. should be a really great season, just moving on to the next crop of players, anyway.

Thank God Landry is gone. We would never win a title with him. Whats to lament? Lets move on.

Mazeppa
5/5/2013, 08:26 PM
Thank God Landry is gone. We would never win a title with him. Whats to lament? Lets move on.

What makes you say that?
http://i42.tinypic.com/1r6fk3.jpg

Sabanball
5/5/2013, 09:47 PM
OU

dennis580
5/10/2013, 02:48 PM
What makes you say that?
http://i42.tinypic.com/1r6fk3.jpg

WOW no wonder Landry had such a hard time moving. I never knew he had concrete bricks attached to his feet. That explains everything.

King Crimson
5/11/2013, 07:10 AM
I was born in 1983. OU had 5 national championships and several Heismans before then. I prefer to go for total history, even if it does give a slight head-to-head advantage to Texas.

total winning in the series is pretty sizable advantage to UT. we need to win 16 in a row to even the series at .500 all time. but, since WWII the series is more or less dead even.

your point is well-taken....but it's part of the rhetorical plasticity of the rivalry. they talk about all-time W-L records in the series....we talk about championships and the "modern era". don't flinch with a horn, just press on with it.

and believe every word you say. :)