PDA

View Full Version : Using the fireplace in May...

ouwasp
5/2/2013, 09:33 PM
Kinda nice... but bizarre. I moved what was left of our firewood up to our back patio last night. About half a rick left... hope it lasts me through June! :)

StoopTroup
5/2/2013, 09:37 PM
Really wild. Thinking about the pool and summer yesterday and today, thinking about new wiper blades and trying to keep the new flowers from dying.

cleller
5/2/2013, 09:55 PM
Just got the woodstove loaded up for the overnight. Gonna have to cut more wood.

olevetonahill
5/2/2013, 10:34 PM
Just got the woodstove loaded up for the overnight. Gonna have to cut more wood.

Not cold enough for the Pellet stove. Ima just use the Propane wall heater and a small lectric one in the bedroom.

Chuck Bao
5/3/2013, 12:47 AM
My mom was noticeably stressed about her tomato plants. So, my brother, sister and I russled up 120+ buckets to cover them. This whole thing is so strange for May. We've had precious little rain so far this year and I'm afraid that we are going to go from cold to hot without the intermediate spring season.

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 12:51 AM
My mom was noticeably stressed about her tomato plants. So, my brother, sister and I russled up 120+ buckets to cover them. This whole thing is so strange for May. We've had precious little rain so far this year and I'm afraid that we are going to go from cold to hot without the intermediate spring season.

Dayum bro, How many Maters can Yall eat?
I have 8 plants out and that usually does me just fine.
Its only supposed to get in the High 30s here tonight so I aint to worried. Hell even if they die 8 aint many to have to replace.

Good Luck and Tell Mom an Fred I said hi.

Chuck Bao
5/3/2013, 05:19 AM
Dayum bro, How many Maters can Yall eat?
I have 8 plants out and that usually does me just fine.
Its only supposed to get in the High 30s here tonight so I aint to worried. Hell even if they die 8 aint many to have to replace.

Good Luck and Tell Mom an Fred I said hi.

Thanks Olevet and I will tell them.

It does seem a little on the excessive side, but what motivated us is the fear that if everyone had to replant again all at once we couldn't find all of the mater plants that we normally plant. And, whatever causes my mom less stress is good. I'm with you, though. I've already had to replant my jalapenos once and am willing to do so again, so they didn't get covered. My mom is different and these mater plants are her babies and we will all go down fighting for them.

olevetonahill
5/3/2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks Olevet and I will tell them.

It does seem a little on the excessive side, but what motivated us is the fear that if everyone had to replant again all at once we couldn't find all of the mater plants that we normally plant. And, whatever causes my mom less stress is good. I'm with you, though. I've already had to replant my jalapenos once and am willing to do so again, so they didn't get covered. My mom is different and these mater plants are her babies and we will all go down fighting for them.

yea Id. bet 120 mater plants would be hard to find.
Your Mom ios Cool and we all know Our Mommas get what They want.
Wish I still had mine to help put out HER spring garden .