PDA

View Full Version : man, it just gets better...obama's commerce nominee

Soonerjeepman
5/2/2013, 03:13 PM
worth 1.8 BILLION...for all you guys that support him and complain about the pub's and their "rich" friends, appointments, etc...he is JUST THE SAME.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/commerce-nominee-tangled-in-massive-bank-collapse-that-cost-depositors-millions/

**typo on the title...commerce..my bad

cleller
5/2/2013, 03:24 PM
worth 1.8 BILLION...for all you guys that support him and complain about the pub's and their "rich" friends, appointments, etc...he is JUST THE SAME.

Of course he is, he'd criticize the color of the drapes if the press would run it.

Midtowner
5/2/2013, 03:54 PM
Seems he'd probably know a thing or two about commerce.

sappstuf
5/2/2013, 04:05 PM
Well the guy he hired to be his economic advisor runs a company that's hoards cash, sends jobs overseas, relies on taxpayer bailouts and pays no taxes...

Midtowner
5/2/2013, 04:06 PM
So he knows about commerce then. What's the headline? Obama hires overly competent individual for staff position?

sappstuf
5/2/2013, 04:09 PM
The guy he hired to be his Treasury Secretary owed tens of thousands of dollars in back taxes...

olevetonahill
5/2/2013, 04:18 PM
The guy he hired to be his Treasury Secretary owed tens of thousands of dollars in back taxes...

Heh, matlock is gonna defend his Little Mulatto no matter what.

cleller
5/2/2013, 04:25 PM
For starters, it is a woman, not a man.

Secondly, the whole reason for the thread here is the irony. The aim was to have Obama supporters make those very observations, as they mirror the situation with Romney, his money, and qualifications. For some reason, it was a negative for Romney, but is no longer.

Midtowner
5/2/2013, 04:59 PM
Romney would make a good Commerce Secretary too. He just ran an awful campaign. The etch a sketch thing just didn't work out for him.

Soonerjeepman
5/2/2013, 05:40 PM
So he knows about commerce then. What's the headline? Obama hires overly competent individual for staff position?

actually no, did you read the article? no you didn't. First it's a SHE, 2nd the bank she was in charge of went belly up by giving below prime loans to risky prospects...but that's okay, didn't expect you to agree...figured you'd at LEAST read the frickin article...lol. HER FAMILY is worth that..her claim was she raised $$ in 08 and 12 for obammy. (thanks Vet..I like that~)

Soonerjeepman
5/2/2013, 05:41 PM
For starters, it is a woman, not a man.

Secondly, the whole reason for the thread here is the irony. The aim was to have Obama supporters make those very observations, as they mirror the situation with Romney, his money, and qualifications. For some reason, it was a negative for Romney, but is no longer.

BINGO!!!! but they just won't see it..because obammy and the dems can do no wrong~

Midtowner
5/2/2013, 10:11 PM
Oh **** you got me it's a she?!

You are so awesome.

olevetonahill
5/2/2013, 10:19 PM
Oh **** you got me it's a she?!

You are so awesome.

You are sumpun matlock. You run around here acting Like yer shat dont stink and you KNOW everything there is to Know about everything. You jump folks butts about not reading all YOUR little made up ****in charts and graphs, Then when you get busted with your OWN tactics you act all "Who Me?"
****in dooshnozzel.

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2013, 11:24 AM
here's another nomination by the great one...and yes it's IRONY...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/obama-pick-for-housing-post-comes-with-racial-political-controversy/

BermudaSooner
5/3/2013, 12:01 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/02/obama-pick-for-housing-post-comes-with-racial-political-controversy/

Good find Jeepman. My favorite part: "Watt also claimed that black voters -- unlike white voters -- don't have "an absolute commitment" to voting for a candidate based on race. Three years later, Barack Obama would become the first black president, capturing 43 percent of the vote among white voters. That does not constitute a majority, but by comparison, 4 percent of black voters supported Sen. John McCain"

cleller
5/3/2013, 12:48 PM

Alright, the story is from Fox, so some will not give it even a look. However, if you actually read the story, which includes quotes from cited reputable sources, it would be pretty hard not to conclude that this man is not only racist, but very out of touch with some of the realities of voting and race in our country.

He does not look like a fit person to be in a leadership post. Heck, even Ralph Nader had bad things to say about him.

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2013, 01:34 PM
Oh,I'm sure none of them will actually read it and if they do they won't give it any ground to stand on. Again, you said it well, the irony of it all...

and I'm guessing (from here in kck) 100% of the blacks voted for him BECAUSE he was black, well part black.

SoonerBBall
5/3/2013, 03:06 PM
Just to pile on, Obama picked a cable industry lobbyist to head the FCC! No conflict of interest there....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/01/obama-tom-wheeler-fcc
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2037001/obama-nominates-wheeler-as-new-fcc-chairman.html

Midtowner
5/3/2013, 03:15 PM
Alright, the story is from Fox, so some will not give it even a look. However, if you actually read the story, which includes quotes from cited reputable sources, it would be pretty hard not to conclude that this man is not only racist, but very out of touch with some of the realities of voting and race in our country.

He does not look like a fit person to be in a leadership post. Heck, even Ralph Nader had bad things to say about him.

I'm not sure what it has to do with the way he'd perform his duties as a cabinet secretary. I'm sure there are lots of white folks who'd never vote for a black candidate under any circumstances. A clear majority though? Ok, he's clearly wrong in saying that, so what?

SoonerBBall
5/3/2013, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what it has to do with the way he'd perform his duties as a cabinet secretary. I'm sure there are lots of white folks who'd never vote for a black candidate under any circumstances. A clear majority though? Ok, he's clearly wrong in saying that, so what?

Besides that it is clearly race-baiting? It isn't okay to disagree with nominations that server no other purpose than being overtly political in nature?

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2013, 03:23 PM
AGAIN Mid...it's the irony of it all, you guys and every lib would be screamin bloody murder if some "grumpy old white man" rep the pubs said that about blacks, but it's ok for obammy's guys do it.

just shake my head~

Midtowner
5/3/2013, 03:35 PM
Grumpy white men don't have a long history of being repressed by black folks.

Soonerjeepman
5/3/2013, 03:40 PM
I would venture to guess this nominee has NEVER been repressed on anything...keep playing the race card while you can, someday it's going to die out.

Midtowner
5/3/2013, 03:57 PM
I would venture to guess this nominee has NEVER been repressed on anything...keep playing the race card while you can, someday it's going to die out.

Considering he was a black child born to a single mother in the South in 1945, I'd wager you're wrong.

But really, why are you even focused on this? There are plenty of good reasons to not like this pick:

1) He opposed an audit of the Federal Reserve.
2) He supported SOPA
3) He's a Wall Street lackey

With those three good reasons to not like this guy, you focused on one kinda dumb thing he said eight years ago.

cleller
5/4/2013, 08:13 AM

The guy is a dumb racist.

Normally that is enough to keep the defenders of liberty on his tail. Instead, more excuses. Why democrats are OK with this kind of hateful arrogance is beyond me.

He doesn't belong in a federal post.

Soonerjeepman
5/4/2013, 08:46 AM
Considering he was a black child born to a single mother in the South in 1945, I'd wager you're wrong.

But really, why are you even focused on this? There are plenty of good reasons to not like this pick:

1) He opposed an audit of the Federal Reserve.
2) He supported SOPA
3) He's a Wall Street lackey

With those three good reasons to not like this guy, you focused on one kinda dumb thing he said eight years ago.

I think he's the wrong pick for his philosophy for giving loans...which incorporates his belief that people should have equal opp to own a house based on color NOT on ability to pay. BUT again, pointing out the irony of his statements and not one word from the dems about it. What people say, even yrs ago is a true window into their beliefs.

At least we agree he SHOULDN'T get it, but I'm sure he will.

Midtowner
5/4/2013, 09:05 AM
I think he's the wrong pick for his philosophy for giving loans...which incorporates his belief that people should have equal opp to own a house based on color NOT on ability to pay.

I haven't read that specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear a congressman from a gerrymandered black district say such a thing. I'm against his hiring based on what he has done and his positions which make him entirely a horrible person to represent us at that level and a lackey of special interests. Hell with him.

REDREX
5/4/2013, 12:04 PM
What value does the Commerce Dept provide ?------Who cares-----It is just another big waste of money

Soonerjeepman
5/4/2013, 12:44 PM
Mid and I are discussing obama's pick for the FHFA (federal housing financing agency)...in charge of freddie mac and frannie mae

Conservatives question Watt's record on housing finance and say he's too close to the Obama administration and the banking industry to make the critical calls needed to lead the agency.

If approved, as director of the FHFA Watt would be in charge of overseeing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which own or guarantee about half of all U.S. mortgages. Because there is $5 trillion at stake, Watt's decisions would carry more weight over the housing sector and in turn the broader U.S. economy than those who previously held the position.
THIS is scary~
In the past, Watt has pushed for better access to mortgages for minority and low-income borrowers, but some say his inclusive record is exactly what should exclude him from consideration.

Midtowner
5/4/2013, 02:01 PM
What value does the Commerce Dept provide ?------Who cares-----It is just another big waste of money

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=United+States+Department+of+Commerce

C&CDean
5/4/2013, 03:25 PM
They gots em a nice, big crib in DC. Used to walk by it every day at lunch. Don't really know what they do up in dat hizzouse though.

REDREX
5/5/2013, 08:06 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=United+States+Department+of+Commerce-----I know what the Commerce dept does-----What value does it create ?-----Just like the dept of Energy it is a bloated waste of money

cleller
5/5/2013, 08:09 AM
-----I know what the Commerce dept does-----What value does it create ?-----Just like the dept of Energy is is a bloated waste of money

Probably true, but this guy looks dumb enough to turn it into something that could cause us all some negative value.

Woop. I'm confusing his Commerce and Housing pics.

pphilfran
5/5/2013, 08:24 AM
She is from Chicago...

Midtowner
5/5/2013, 09:05 AM
-----I know what the Commerce dept does-----What value does it create ?-----Just like the dept of Energy it is a bloated waste of money

All of these departments fall under it:

United States Secretary of Commerce
United States Deputy Secretary of Commerce
Under Secretary of Commerce for Economic Affairs
Economics and Statistics Administration (ESA)
Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Bureau of the Census
Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade
International Trade Administration (ITA)
Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security
Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
National Weather Service (NWS)
National Ocean Service (NOS)
Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps (NOAA Corps)
Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property
Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Economic Development Administration (EDA)
Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
National Technical Information Service (NTIS)

REDREX
5/5/2013, 09:12 AM
So what ?----The Commerce dept has a bunch of other depts that accomplish very little-----And waste a great deal of money , lawmakers have looked at doing away with it in the past. Tell me about all the great things that the Dept of Energy has done?

sappstuf
5/5/2013, 10:04 AM
She is from Chicago...

I'm sure she is the exception...