PDA

View Full Version : OU/Texass 2013, not too early?

OUmillenium
5/1/2013, 10:22 PM
1.Who will have the best QB in the game? I think Bell wins this one. Best QB often wins in this series. When was the last time the best QB did not win?

2.Best running game - OU or Failwhorns?

3.Best defense? Will OU be better than last year (overall)? Will Texass be worse?

4.Sooner Receivers look to be solid bordering on very good.

5.Special teams? No more Tress Way punts.

I am ready for some summer preseason mags and talk. Let the talk begin!

MyT Oklahoma
5/5/2013, 12:39 PM
After the last two consectutive blowouts, this year's game will be a contest.

They have the more experienced quarterback. Our defense is a work in progress. Plus this game runs in streaks.

That being said though.. 63 to 21.. Poor Texas.. Poor Texas.. Poor Texas. << Enjoy it until October 12th.

MyT Oklahoma
5/5/2013, 12:39 PM
And oh yeah.. UT sucks!

XingTheRubicon
5/5/2013, 12:50 PM
1.Who will have the best QB in the game? I think Bell wins this one. Best QB often wins in this series. When was the last time the best QB did not win?

2.Best running game - OU or Failwhorns?

3.Best defense? Will OU be better than last year (overall)? Will Texass be worse?

4.Sooner Receivers look to be solid bordering on very good.

5.Special teams? No more Tress Way punts.

I am ready for some summer preseason mags and talk. Let the talk begin!

2008, 1999

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 09:27 AM
JC Watts lost to Rick McIver at least once.

i think.

not sure what to think about the 2013 Sooners really....UT has some young talent in their front 7 and more experience at QB....the latter may be the better analytic distinction to make than "better". not sold on Bell as a thrower...yet

thecrimsoncrusader
5/6/2013, 10:10 AM
UT's starting QB has more experience at sucking. OU's unproven QBs' are always better than UT's proven to suck QBs. It's really that simple.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 10:14 AM
Oh and its NEVER too early to HATE on saxet.

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 10:37 AM
UT's starting QB has more experience at sucking. OU's unproven QBs' are always better than UT's proven to suck QBs. It's really that simple.

whatever you say. i see you have made a lot of friends on the board.

tuck fexas but no reason to be trolling.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 10:39 AM

Dude is a winner aint he? Or do i mean whiner? hell Im confused now. :fat:

thecrimsoncrusader
5/6/2013, 10:42 AM

Heupel: conference title winner
Hybl: conference title winner
White: conference title winner
Thompson: conference title winner
Bradford: conference title winner
Jones: conference title winner

And despite deficiencies here and there, all of those guys were a big part of making it happen. I just think OU should be given the benefit of the doubt here at the QB position until proven otherwise and until UT is at least starting a QB not named Ash or McCoy.

olevetonahill
5/6/2013, 10:44 AM
But in the other thread you were Dissin on Landry.

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 10:50 AM
thompson and sam both lost to texas. so, not sure what the point here is anymore...sluggo? and i was a big fan of paul thompson.

hybl lost to OSU twice.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/6/2013, 11:00 AM
But in the other thread you were Dissin on Landry.

"Despite deficiencies".

thecrimsoncrusader
5/6/2013, 11:03 AM
thompson and sam both lost to texas. so, not sure what the point here is anymore...sluggo? and i was a big fan of paul thompson.

hybl lost to OSU twice.

The point is OU has a trend, not just a history of fielding QBs that can get the job done, so we really shouldn't worry about the QB OU is fielding next season when all UT has to offer is Ash. Ash, nor any other QB on the UT roster is a Vince Young or Colt McCoy, the two best QBs in UT history, so I would say odds are good OU is in better shape at the QB position given the trend and what Ash has shown the past couple of seasons. I'm sorry you're slow.

Ruf/Nek7
5/6/2013, 12:38 PM
I coach with a ut grad and season ticket holder going on 10+ years and unlike herr, actually has an honest opinion on his team. Here is the short version of what i have to say. We were talking about spring games (OU/ut) and i mentioned that defense seems to not know how to tackle still and the d line looked pretty soft. I also thought swoopes or overstreet would benefit them more than ash and cameraboy case. Here was his response:
"Everyone is giving the conference to texas because they have so many returners and one of the few teams not replacing a qb. I say to hell with it because these guys are not winners. If you have 8 losers coming back then you have the opportunity to get 3 winners in there. The odds are against us. We will lose to OU again and we can only hope it spells the end of mack in texas." I was blown away but what he had to say but it quickly passed because then we started talking about their dismal baseball team.

JLEW1818
5/6/2013, 02:55 PM

Heupel: conference title winner
Hybl: conference title winner
White: conference title winner
Thompson: conference title winner
Bradford: conference title winner
Jones: conference title winner

And despite deficiencies here and there, all of those guys were a big part of making it happen. I just think OU should be given the benefit of the doubt here at the QB position until proven otherwise and until UT is at least starting a QB not named Ash or McCoy.

Perfectly said.

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 04:08 PM
I was blown away but what he had to say but it quickly passed because then we started talking about their dismal baseball team.

UT fans tone has changed a lot in the last 5 years. they were on top of the world with Mack, Barnes, and Augie back then....now, it's a whole lot different.

MyT Oklahoma
5/7/2013, 11:29 PM
And of course, 48 hours later UT still sucks. Some things never change.

MI Sooner
5/8/2013, 08:54 AM
As for the better QB question, clarifying that you mean better that year (VY > White, but not in '03 or '04), maybe Applewhite over Hybl? Applewhite and Simms played, and in so did White, some.

8timechamps
5/8/2013, 04:56 PM
Right now (and really for the better part of Stoops tenure), the whorns don't know if they can win that game. The Sooners, on the other hand, expect to win.

Until/Unless that changes, OU will own texas.

Ruf/Nek7
5/8/2013, 06:02 PM
Right now (and really for the better part of Stoops tenure), the whorns don't know if they can win that game. The Sooners, on the other hand, expect to win.

Until/Unless that changes, OU will own texas.

Agreed, OU has the upper hand when it comes to mentality.

Mac94
5/9/2013, 08:57 AM
Doesn;t this game usually break on two stats ... rushing yards and turnovers? Seems when a team wins those two stats they have scoreboard.

picasso
5/9/2013, 11:34 AM
Well as of late, the two stats are if Vince Young or Colt McColt are at QB.

Mac94
5/9/2013, 11:37 AM
Colt did well against OU but Vince was only 1-2 ... granted he didn;t start one of those losses but did play the majority of the offensive snaps and was the QB of record on the one time Texas was shutout
(at least first time in a loooong time).

picasso
5/9/2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah I said as of late. Vince got us in his last RRS. Colt still loses in '09 if a certain OU linebacker doesn't have hands of stone.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/9/2013, 12:27 PM
Well as of late, the two stats are if Vince Young or Colt McColt are at QB.

And that OU is in a down year outside of 2008. Of course, the defense was in a down year after Reynolds went down.

picasso
5/9/2013, 01:06 PM
I still think we win in '08 if we can tackle on kickoffs and Robinson holds onto that INT.

MyT Oklahoma
5/14/2013, 11:52 PM
Ten days later and UT still sucks.

Flying Scotsman
5/15/2013, 08:21 PM
Nothing changes on New Year's Day....

MyT Oklahoma
5/18/2013, 07:41 PM
And UT still sucks.

King Crimson
5/19/2013, 08:14 AM
I still think we win in '08 if we can tackle on kickoffs and Robinson holds onto that INT.

our problem in 08 is the late hit calls on saint colt....that keep a couple UT drives alive....but the kick return is huge for the horns. as you imply.

we don't have any middle LB play that game....brandon crow was really inexperienced for us. they a million 3rd and longs throwing to the TE and the QB draw where they force him commit. god bless a kid from small town Oklahoma...but Brandon was out of his experience level at the RRS replacing our other guy who got hurt.

MyT Oklahoma
5/24/2013, 11:40 PM
It's never too early and it's never too late.. UT sucks!

8timechamps
5/25/2013, 07:04 PM
our problem in 08 is the late hit calls on saint colt....that keep a couple UT drives alive....but the kick return is huge for the horns. as you imply.

we don't have any middle LB play that game....brandon crow was really inexperienced for us. they a million 3rd and longs throwing to the TE and the QB draw where they force him commit. god bless a kid from small town Oklahoma...but Brandon was out of his experience level at the RRS replacing our other guy who got hurt.

Yep, when Reynolds goes down, the game is pretty much decided. Brown knew we were dead in the water at MLB, and took advantage.

Soonerjeepman
5/25/2013, 11:12 PM
didn't they only have like 30yrds rushing, til RR went down..then like 120 in the 4th quarter...we were on the endzone on the return, my cousin said (I believe Crow) went out of his lane..which then opened up like the red sea. Kid's make mistakes, no biggie...but it hurt then..my only RRR game.

Salt City Sooner
5/25/2013, 11:17 PM
Biggest thing they did was send Shipley over the middle, again, & again....& again.....& again.......

cjames317
6/3/2013, 02:10 PM
Never too early. Go to Meer's and eat some longhorn.

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2013, 02:27 PM
Es ist 09.27 Uhr am Abend in Deutschland und Texas saugt noch große Schwanz

8timechamps
6/3/2013, 05:34 PM
Texas wird saugen Esel Schwanz immer. Es ist, wie sie rollen!

MyT Oklahoma
6/11/2013, 10:33 PM
UT still sucks.

cleller
6/12/2013, 08:25 AM
I think Ash is a good kid, but not a great QB. Right now, I'd feel more comfortable about a less experienced Blake Bell running an offense than Ash.

But I'm a Sooner, too.