PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 running backs in the bcs era

Mazeppa
5/1/2013, 07:32 PM
Running back "U" had two in the bottom 50.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-running-backs-bcs-era

MyT Oklahoma
5/1/2013, 08:33 PM
Congrats to AD.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/1/2013, 08:41 PM
Heck, I thought it was gonna be our opinions. I have the answer. it is all those on the OU roster during that time frame, and maybe Ladanian Tomlinson and the horse from u of CA Marshawn Lynch. Okay, and Tavon Austin.

rock on sooner
5/1/2013, 08:48 PM
Sooners well represented for RB's...clicked on the QB's...didn't
even have LJ in the top 50, tho....Sam, Josh and Jason there...

Mazeppa
5/1/2013, 08:50 PM
Heck, I thought it was gonna be our opinions. I have the answer. it is all those on the OU roster during that time frame, and maybe Ladanian Tomlinson and the horse from u of CA Marshawn Lynch. Okay, and Tavon Austin.

surprise, surprise

EatLeadCommie
5/1/2013, 10:57 PM
I like how they call Demarco "an underrated talent." The kid was a 5 star recruit.

yermom
5/1/2013, 11:36 PM
i'm not sure i think AD is there based solely on his college career

picasso
5/2/2013, 09:59 AM
I saw this on Instagram. Some doosh commented that Mike Hart was better. Too stupid for a response.

PrideMom
5/2/2013, 10:16 AM
Quinton Griffin #19, glad to see he was named!

5/2/2013, 12:47 PM
I like how they call Demarco "an underrated talent." The kid was a 5 star recruit.Didn't at least one of the rating services downgrade his rating to 4-star after he committed to OU?

sooneron
5/2/2013, 01:27 PM
Bush's legacy "was only vaguely tarnished"??? Really?

5/2/2013, 01:58 PM
Bush's legacy "was only vaguely tarnished"??? Really?in the minds of ESPeNis and the MSM, maybe about like Manti T'eo is tarnished?

LostCreekSooner
5/2/2013, 08:44 PM
#7... Sproles. Now that brings up some bad memories!!!

Mazeppa
5/2/2013, 08:52 PM
#7... Sproles. Now that brings up some bad memories!!!

I left that game a little early and the kstate fans were razzing me. I just replied, "you'll be at home watching us play for the national championship."

badger
5/3/2013, 11:35 AM
When you linked this, I also checked out the top 50 BCS era quarterbacks (http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-quarterbacks-bcs-era), and there's a lot of NFL flops on that list, especially at the top (Vince, Tebow and Leinart).

Wonder why top BCS-era running backs do well in the NFL, while top QBs don't?

Curly Bill
5/3/2013, 01:51 PM
Didn't at least one of the rating services downgrade his rating to 4-star after he committed to OU?

Rivals marked him down to a 4-star after one of the big camps when he didn't look as good as they thought he had previously. It had nothing to do with his commitment to OU.

5/3/2013, 01:54 PM
Rivals marked him down to a 4-star after one of the big camps when he didn't look as good as they thought he had previously. It had nothing to do with his commitment to OU.That scenario is certainly possible. Little doubt it was said by someone within Rivals, or at least connected to it.

mainline13
5/3/2013, 02:03 PM
When I was reading the write-up on Q, I read "He rushed for 783 yards and 16 touchdowns" and I thought it was going to continue with "against Texas."

badger
5/3/2013, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here --

He shunned Pete Carroll and USC at the Army game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcSq-tpRBs). But why? His father explains (http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/printerfriendlystory.aspx?articleid=20100803_92_B1 _Oklaho357273) (via Tulsa World):

"I'll never forget it," said Murray's father, Kevin Murray. "Pete Carroll sat there and said, 'I am a very talented coach as far as recruiting.' He said, 'I guarantee you' — and he looked myself and DeMarco in the eye and said, 'I guarantee you, if you came to USC as a cornerback, I guarantee you in four years you'd be the first pick, first round cornerback coming out of SC.' I looked at DeMarco and I said, 'DeMarco, Pete Carroll is a very intelligent coach; I respect what your decision is, but it's up to you: do you want to run the ball or do you want to play defense?'

Perhaps recruiting services heard about this --- USC was stacked at running backs, but Pete was basically telling him that he wasn't good enough to be a USC running back with that pitch. Perhaps it was Pete's evaluation that Demarco was better as a DB than an RB that made him slip to a 4-star?

Again, just a shot in the dark... but I provided links! :D

And really, things seemed to have worked out well for Demarco (and pizz poor for USC)

5/3/2013, 02:48 PM
When DeMarco was a freshman, before he got hurt in the sandaggy game, he was as good a college running back as I have evar seen. Yet, he pretty much shared time running with Chris Brown.

I consider his freshman TD run against the cows right up there with the long TD run Marcus DuPree had against the cows of '82.

King Crimson
5/6/2013, 09:54 PM
When DeMarco was a freshman, before he got hurt in the sandaggy game, he was as good a college running back as I have evar seen. Yet, he pretty much shared time running with Chris Brown.

I consider his freshman TD run against the cows right up there with the long TD run Marcus DuPree had against the cows of '82.

i agree that Murray was never the same player after he got hurt....though, i still think we beat Tebow with DM. Billy Sims is the best college running back i've ever seen. FWIW.

glad to see Q get some love.

5/6/2013, 11:53 PM
i agree that Murray was never the same player after he got hurt....though, i still think we beat Tebow with DM. Billy Sims is the best college running back i've ever seen. FWIW.

glad to see Q get some love.Well, DuPree freshman yr, DeMarco freshman year, and Billy Sims junior year, or sumpin' like that. Also perhaps OJ Simpson his first yr at usuc, and one yr earl Campbell had at the cows.