PDA

View Full Version : Bad TV ads thread

badger
5/1/2013, 01:35 PM
Mountain Dew just pulled this one from the airwaves after deciding that it was a really bad idea. Unlike the Skittles ad, this one's real:

VDkQoj4pGfY

rock on sooner
5/1/2013, 01:37 PM
Not only a bad idea, just bad!

Pricetag
5/1/2013, 01:47 PM
I bet it tested well with all the rednecks putting that stuff in their babies' bottles.

Pricetag
5/1/2013, 01:52 PM
It's not a TV spot, but I keep hearing this ad on the radio about a self-help album for depression. It's an interview-style spot, but you can tell that the two parties were never in the same room, or had any idea what the other was saying.

There's one part where this lady is describing her depths of her depression, saying that at the worst part, she was "curled up on my couch, afraid to live, and afraid to die."

The interviewer replies with a simple, "Wow!", in the same way you might after watching one of those YouTube videos of a kid doing something spectacular--impressed, but not so much.

ouwasp
5/1/2013, 02:29 PM
Any ad that features the sound of crunching... the creator of such ads deserve death and things worse than death.

badger
5/1/2013, 02:30 PM
Any ad that features the sound of crunching... the creator of such ads deserve death and things worse than death.

Ads that play the sound of sirens should be banned. Whenever I hear a siren from my radio I am automatically looking for police/fire/EMSA.

I then resolve to not withhold patronage from the ad buyer.

badger
5/1/2013, 02:41 PM
I'm muting this ad if I see it on my TV (just released by JCP)
qKQAivS0xsE

Background: They decided to eliminate sales and have everyday low prices or some B.S. that nobody believed so the customers went where the sales were and JCP's stock and everything else fell. So, they're bringing sales back... mark up then mark down sales, perhaps?

badger
5/1/2013, 04:25 PM
This ad kicks arse:
1gYE5TyijxE

aurorasooner
5/2/2013, 02:38 AM
All the insurance company ads are lame with Farmers and State Farm ads at the very top of the list. The financial investment companies ads during golf tournaments are not far behind and probably are at the top of the lame ad list. I have the "return" button on my remote already set to another channel so I can switch channels immediately during a live sporting event when one of these less-than-creative ads come on.
Usually I also switch channels during any mobile carrier ad, but the Kevin Durant Sprint ad with the Asian girl and son is pretty good imo. She is excellent in this ad and her expressions are perfect, like she's ready to jump his bones and then has him change a high light bulb or clean a gutter. Any homeowner can relate to this. Reminds me of the old joke where the hooker says "I'll do anything for you for a hundred bucks" and the guy replies "ok, paint my house".

Blue
5/2/2013, 02:45 AM
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed your laaaawn. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eed IT!

Pricetag
5/8/2013, 10:02 AM
Here's another one:

Gt-UeRlmk2c

It's a kinda neat product--I could see how some folks would want it, but they go way overboard trying to portray how difficult tablets are to use without it.

Pricetag
5/8/2013, 10:04 AM
Here's another fave of mine:

IH9z84-BPPw

Stop the Q-tip when you meet resistance, dude.

Breadburner
5/8/2013, 04:06 PM
Talkin ****in babies is not Christian in any...shape..form or fashion.....!!!!

cleller
5/8/2013, 04:23 PM
Surprised Linda Soundtrak is up here by now.

I've got something possibly worse, and you'll have a phone number stuck in your head:

PIHQvCbw9qA

KantoSooner
5/8/2013, 05:07 PM
Attorney Jeff Martin of Tulsa and his 'Heavy Hitter' personal injury law practice deserve their very own ring in Hell.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2013, 07:15 PM

I've got something possibly worse, and you'll have a phone number stuck in your head:

PIHQvCbw9qA

Dude...Tall Paul rawked.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2013, 07:16 PM
This ad kicks arse:
1gYE5TyijxE

I'd like you to set up a time and place for us to meet, so I can **** punt you for putting that tune in my head...:biggrin:

badger
5/23/2013, 12:44 PM
You resort to crap when your sales are crap:
m1yir-p68xM

Still... an interesting promo. 30 cents a gallon off if you spend $50 at Kmart... hmm...

...nah, the closest one to me is at least 5 miles away

KantoSooner
5/23/2013, 12:51 PM
Shift eet, shift eet, shift eet!

8timechamps
5/23/2013, 01:05 PM

PIHQvCbw9qA

I could call that number right now if I had a gun to my head. I can't believe after all these years, I still remember every word of that commercial...including the phone number!

KantoSooner
5/23/2013, 01:21 PM
Or then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t0LSkX46dS4

URL given because the board decided long ago that allowing me to post photos was a very bad idea.

badger
5/23/2013, 01:26 PM
Or then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t0LSkX46dS4

URL given because the board decided long ago that allowing me to post photos was a very bad idea.

omg that was awesome. if i was a real modador i would give you back your pic posting privilege for that alone :D

BigTip
5/23/2013, 10:52 PM
I could call that number right now if I had a gun to my head. I can't believe after all these years, I still remember every word of that commercial...including the phone number!

This made me think of BC Clark's ad. I haven't lived in Norman in 35 years so I don't know if this still runs every year or not. But I could sing it word for word too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJBB65r-9o

olevetonahill
5/24/2013, 01:57 PM
Dont watch TeeVee much but this was on Yahoo news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HMhSvnbmk